Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That looks more like Ghost Trick to me :eyepop:.

It's from aksys games which did the translation work on 999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Hi! I recently bought a New 3DS, just wondering if you guys had any game recommendations? I grabbed Monster Hunter 4U and Majoras Mask and I'm on the lookout for a couple more games. Last handheld console I owned was a Gameboy Pocket so I haven't played any DS games at all

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

redweird posted:

Hi! I recently bought a New 3DS, just wondering if you guys had any game recommendations? I grabbed Monster Hunter 4U and Majoras Mask and I'm on the lookout for a couple more games. Last handheld console I owned was a Gameboy Pocket so I haven't played any DS games at all
A Link Between Worlds, Theathrythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, Kid Icarus Uprising. The Castlevania DS games, especially Order of Ecclesia. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Ouendan 1&2 and Elite Beat Agents.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

redweird posted:

Well, you are in for a wild ride.

The OP here has some recommendations, but it boils down to whatever you prefer. Aside modern FPSes, you are well served in pretty much any genre and with the gigantic selection of older DS stuff you can complement anything you will find lacking on the already pretty awesome 3DS selection.

Some big ones would include Super Mario 3D Land, Pokemon ORAS, Rune Factory 4, Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7, and Xenoblade.

MH4U will last you a long time, too.

More recommendations here:
* DS
* 3DS

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ouendan 1 and 2 genuinely ruined my DS Lite's touch screen :emo:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Volt Catfish posted:

Ouendan 1 and 2 genuinely ruined my DS Lite's touch screen :emo:

Those loving spinners man.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm at a loss for what to get as my club Nintendo reward. I'm looking at the Platinum 3DS rewards and I'm torn between Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, Yoshi's New Island, and Mario Golf world Tour.

I enjoyed playing Animal Crossing on my GameCube when I was in high school, but it's pointless. I have MK8 and the only play MK games with friends sitting on my couch so that's out. Mario Golf was great on the GBC but it sounds like the RPG elements have been removed from the 3DS version.

That all leads me to look at Yoshi's Island. Yoshi's Island was one of my favorite games on the SNES but it's my understanding this new game isn't very good. Is that the case or have I read overly critical comments and reviews?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mario Golf 3DS is a really good game. There's an RPG mode that isn't as good as the GBC's, but honestly there's enough content elsewhere to keep you playing.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

New streetpass games come out today, right?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's International Streetpass week! All week, you can streetpass with people from all over the world at any Nintendo Zone. Apparently.

You also get Reggie in a Bowser hat as a special Mii via spotpass today

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Those loving spinners man.

I'd do much better on Jumpin Jack Flash if it weren't for that one loving spinner at the end eating my remaining lifebar with trying to get it going. :shepface:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm at a loss for what to get as my club Nintendo reward. I'm looking at the Platinum 3DS rewards and I'm torn between Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, Yoshi's New Island, and Mario Golf world Tour.

I enjoyed playing Animal Crossing on my GameCube when I was in high school, but it's pointless. I have MK8 and the only play MK games with friends sitting on my couch so that's out. Mario Golf was great on the GBC but it sounds like the RPG elements have been removed from the 3DS version.

That all leads me to look at Yoshi's Island. Yoshi's Island was one of my favorite games on the SNES but it's my understanding this new game isn't very good. Is that the case or have I read overly critical comments and reviews?

Mario Golf is the best choice. It has so much content and the online tournaments rule. It still has a very light and short RPGish mode. Yoshi is not worst game ever but it feels dull as gently caress and will only make you wish you were playing the SNES one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I beat the Puzzles and Dragons Mario demo and it bugs me that I'm probably going to pay actual money for a match 3 game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's International Streetpass week! All week, you can streetpass with people from all over the world at any Nintendo Zone. Apparently.

You also get Reggie in a Bowser hat as a special Mii via spotpass today

yasssssss

wall monitor posted:

New streetpass games come out today, right?

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssss

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How much were the streetpass games gonna total? $15 for the whole bundle?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Each game is 5 bucks, the first four DLC games came in a bundle for 15 dollars. The two new ones come in a bundle for 8 dollars, or if you own the other 4 you get a special bundle deal for 7.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

That was the price for the original bundle of four games. If you bought that already, the new two pack is available for 7 dollars. Each game alone is 5 dollars.

Then there's also the new VIP upgrade which is 5 dollars. Probably not that worth it but I bought it anyway.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Street pass games suck rear end

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

African AIDS cum posted:

Street pass games suck rear end

gently caress u

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I've spent more time on streetpass games than all of my other 3ds games combined

The couple of minutes each day add up.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Xenoblade has taught me that the devs are giant fuckers and love to put big gently caress-off spiders in places you aren't expecting them

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

Xenoblade has taught me that the devs are giant fuckers and love to put big gently caress-off spiders in places you aren't expecting them

Oh I know exactly what you found. You just had to go poke that treasure chest on the altar overlooking the ravine in Gaur Plains, didn't you? :allears:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh I know exactly what you found. You just had to go poke that treasure chest on the altar overlooking the ravine in Gaur Plains, didn't you? :allears:

you mean the giant's mirror?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheKingofSprings posted:

you mean the giant's mirror?

Yup, that's the one. All you deal with is regular standing MMO-esque creatures and then suddenly OH gently caress IT'S CRAWLING UP RUN!

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

That's an absolutely great bit. It's not even required for the story, you just get this huge dramatic setpiece for exploring a little nook of the world.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
New Streetpass games update is live, and they added the best feature ever.

When you complete every challenge in a game, you get a medal on the menu for that game, and they added a vault, that you can put games in and they get taken off the menu and don't prompt you to play.

EDIT: Also gently caress you Nintendo, some of the plaza tickets are collectible by filling up your streetpass birthday calendar, which is total bullshit.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 16, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Random Spider is great. IIRC you don't even have to fight it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why are there Metroids in Kid Icarus Uprising?

And is there an easy way to make this fucker walk / run other than pressing the analog stick all the way vs. just a little but not too much? It always winds up doing one when I want it to do the other, especially on these miserable platforming sections.

Regy Rusty posted:

Then there's also the new VIP upgrade which is 5 dollars. Probably not that worth it but I bought it anyway.

Isn't the VIP thing some kind of subscription? That's what they made it sound like on the direct.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Metroids were in the original Kid Icarus.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup, that's the one. All you deal with is regular standing MMO-esque creatures and then suddenly OH gently caress IT'S CRAWLING UP RUN!

That is exactly how it worked out for me. Isn't that thing about lv.37ish? I'm keeping that one, and this loving hermit crab real close to Colony 9 that's in the lv.30's mentally bookmarked so that when my dipshit squad hits the 40's I'm going to come back and trounce them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

raditts posted:

Why are there Metroids in Kid Icarus Uprising?

There are only Komaytos, not Metroids, good sir.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

Isn't the VIP thing some kind of subscription? That's what they made it sound like on the direct.

No nothing like that. It's a 5 dollar one time fee that gives you a few extra features - you can make Mii's VIPs so they'll never get deleted, set what music you want to play (I haven't figured out how to do this though...), collect birthdays of the people you streetpass which ultimately gets you tons of plaza tickets, and modify how much "conversation" you get when greeting each Mii in the plaza.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Regy Rusty posted:

No nothing like that. It's a 5 dollar one time fee that gives you a few extra features - you can make Mii's VIPs so they'll never get deleted, set what music you want to play (I haven't figured out how to do this though...), collect birthdays of the people you streetpass which ultimately gets you tons of plaza tickets, and modify how much "conversation" you get when greeting each Mii in the plaza.

That all sounds great, but not $5 great.

Hope someone posts a review of all the new plaza stuff soon. The zombie game looks good but not sure about the rest

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Junpei Hyde posted:

Random Spider is great. IIRC you don't even have to fight it.

yeah I definitely just ran.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Hm. I've spent $5 on worse things. I'll give this a shot. I'll pick up a $20 eshop card and use the rest to buy the new Smash DLC.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

I was in the middle of a related quest and was like one level lower so I murdered the gently caress out of it.

And then they dropped three more on me at the conclusion of the quest :gonk:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Those new Streetpass games are out today for all regions, right?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Astro7x posted:

That all sounds great, but not $5 great.

Hope someone posts a review of all the new plaza stuff soon. The zombie game looks good but not sure about the rest

The VIP stuff is really most likely not worth the 5 bucks for most people. The best bonus is probably the birthday collecting if you have a ton of streatpasses constantly and can realistically fill it up. That just gets you plaza tickets.

The new games seem pretty cool. The fishing game has had a huge amount of effort put into the presentation with bizarrely high detailed fish models. I'm not yet sure how frustrating it's going to be trying to catch everything - the gameplay is mostly about choosing which types of bait to use or mix together to appeal to the fish you want to catch and not to ones you've already caught. Each person you pass gives you a kind of bait based on their color shirt and each kind of fish in an area likes a number of different kinds of bait. I didn't have any luck and caught nothing new my one real play at it after the tutorial. You've also got your standard nintendo fishing game where you're guaranteed to get a bite of some kind and then have to reel it in without your line breaking. There's no aiming for specific fish or anything - what bites is purely based on the kind of bait mix you use.

The Zombie game on the other hand is more along the lines of Mii Force, but it seems somewhat more reasonable about how streetpasses help you progress. It's a little beat 'em up game where you get weapons based on the hobbies that the people you streetpass have registered. Each weapon has a different attack style and special attack and the more people you streetpass the more weapons you have to swap between. Your health is represented by the durability of the weapons - getting hit by a zombie damages the weapon you're holding a bit, and if it breaks you lose it. Lose all your weapons and you die. This seems a lot better than Mii Force since getting hit once doesn't instantly make you lose part of your firepower. The downside is that it's still only one level per session so even if you've got a full compliment of 10 weapons available, you can't go on to the next level. Which sucks because it means that progress will be artificially halted by the level structure rather than amount of streetpasses.

Both seem fun and definitely have way more to them than say Warrior's Way.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Tatsuta Age posted:

I jumped off the cliff as soon as I saw it :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ChaosArgate posted:

Those new Streetpass games are out today for all regions, right?

Related question, can I remove the first set of the extra StreetPass games? Will I lose puzzle panel progress? That's the only thing I care about really.