Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Heads up, if you still haven't gotten your Mewtwo code from Club Nintendo then give them a call. I just called them and got the codes after about 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Valentin posted:

Whatever happened to that Mewtwo guy on Reddit? Has this DLC dropping restored his faith in humanity and made him a fully-functioning member of society again or was he too far gone for it to matter?

It doesn't matter anymore as we are all Mewtwos today.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Blackheart posted:

It doesn't matter anymore as we are all Mewtwos today.

Well I mean he's pretty fun if not a little too floaty.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

After signing the papers, Grant introduced Lee to his staff. As he shook hands with Grant's military secretary Mew2King, a pro smasher, Lee stared a moment at King's features and said, "I am glad to see one real Mewtwo here." King responded, "We are all Mewtwo."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Lee discreetly ran to wash his hands afterwards.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah... in that they totally rule

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Louisgod posted:

Some pretty big updates this time around, here's what Ifound so far:

-Mewtwo's in the game now. He's gay, so what.
-The AI is super dumbed down and secretly whispers "you can hit me now" but you can only hear it if the volume's way up.
-Tim's still bitching about Little Mac in For Glory and he needs to get over it.
-The numbers of damages has gone up for some, down for others. The autism community is still figuring out the correct damage numbers.
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is out now for purchase for the New 3DS ONLY.
-Diddy Kong's bananas still make you slip (unconfirmed) (?)
-Mario's name was misspelled Nario in the character select screen buy now seems to be fixed. Easy mistake, n and m are keyboard neighbors.
-When yo scan the Toad amiibo nothing happens because he's not in the game as a playable character. Makes sense (?).
-I scanned Shulk and then deleted the data as a reminder that some people really want the amiibo and can't find it in stores and that's kinda funny.
-Wario still in game.
-Yoshi still in game.
-That one huge Mewtwo fan on reddit is probably going loving bonkers right now and I say good for him and wish him happiness with his life friend he cares a lot for.

Anyway let me know if you've noticed anything new in the latest patch.

- Fox and Falco have traded faces, moves, and places.
- Data for Mega Man found in game files.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 16, 2015

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait for Roy and hoping he's still a lovely clone of Marth so we can have another Lucina.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sire Oblivion posted:

I can't wait for Roy and hoping he's still a lovely clone of Marth so we can have another Lucina.

Roy is already in the game and he's not a lovely clone of Marth at all, he's one of the best characters actually

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Roy is already in the game and he's not a lovely clone of Marth at all, he's one of the best characters actually

Bowser was quoted at press time as stating, "Roy's my boy."

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

No Roy and Wolf because we already have Marth and girl Marth, and because we already have Fox and bird Fox. Lucas and Mewtwo are okay because thier coolness over rides any similarities to other chars.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light

Reiley posted:

This is for Gaffle

Well, cya.

Pikachu, no. You can't just go stealing other people's fruit, that's very rude.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm just assuming we're getting Wolf around the time the poll ends and the ballot character comes out around this time next year.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

- Luigi removed from game. His year has come to a close.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Lucas and Mewtwo are okay because thier coolness over rides any similarities to other chars.

They also have no similarities to other characters.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lucario = Mewtwo clone = Lucario clone obviously

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

They also have no similarities to other characters.

mewtwo is very similar to mew actually

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We tried to create the world's strongest Pokèmon... and we succeeded, but only after copying the moves from the other strongest pokemon, who in turn copied the first.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm definitely not a fan of that Ryu rumor, not for any distaste of Ryu himself but rather for the related consequences of not having Phoenix Wright and the other parts of that rumor being true like a second Marth clone.

Although I guess if we did get Ryu, would his Final Smash be Shinku/Metsu Hadoken, or an Evil Ryu transformation?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Manoueverable posted:

I'm definitely not a fan of that Ryu rumor, not for any distaste of Ryu himself but rather for the related consequences of not having Phoenix Wright and the other parts of that rumor being true like a second Marth clone.

Although I guess if we did get Ryu, would his Final Smash be Shinku/Metsu Hadoken, or an Evil Ryu transformation?

It'd be the raging demon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Actually it'd probably be similar to his Denjin mode from MvC3, or just a really big beam, preferably the former because it's suck as hell when you do denjin > shin tatsumaki

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Deviant posted:

- Fox and Falco have traded faces, moves, and places.
- Data for Mega Man found in game files.

Good to know, thank you. It's already been established I'm a terrible poster so I'm not gonna put redundant info in the list. Only looking for new stuff.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've thought long and hard about it, and I've decided I would begrudgingly accept Ryu in Smash if he truly is planned.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
lol if you honestly think Phoenix Wright has a chance when every other third party character has been from enormous multi-million selling franchises and Capcom doesn't even bother localizing half the Ace Attorney games because they barely sell.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mabels big day posted:

I've thought long and hard about it, and I've decided I would begrudgingly accept Ryu in Smash if he truly is planned.

Thank you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
This summer, the answer lies in the heart of battle.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

TechnoSyndrome posted:

lol if you honestly think Phoenix Wright has a chance when every other third party character has been from enormous multi-million selling franchises and Capcom doesn't even bother localizing half the Ace Attorney games because they barely sell.

one game is half?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Super Smash Bros for Wii U Feat. Flo Rida

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like Phoenix Wright, but not even he has a chance to be a guest. You have to be top-tier. An icon. A star. You have to have stadiums screaming your name. Ryu is top-tier. Ryu is an icon. Ryu is a star.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Unless you're counting the GBA versions, the old Windows versions and most of the mobile versions, Capcom's been pretty consistent about localizing Ace Attorney games and the only one that hasn't left Japan is AAI2 and that was because the team that developed it disbanded too quickly.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior and Street Fighter II Turbo are two of the best-selling games on the SNES not made by Nintendo so at least it makes sense in that regard. Kind of like how Heihachi being in PlayStation All-Stars was the only third-party representative that made any sense in that game because Tekken was the first million-seller on the PS1.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Starhawk64 posted:

But seriously, Nintendo needs to knock it off with the anime swordsmen, they take up half the roster.

Quiet you. We still haven't received the most important one.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

SilverSupernova posted:

Quiet you. We still haven't received the most important one.

I'd rather see Smash Bros characters added to Xenoverse than Goku in Smash Bros

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

yeah. he's far from my top pick or anything but he at least makes sense to include and he'd probably be funny to see in smash

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I will continue to bitch and complain that Ryu got in over Zangief.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The star gets in first, before the supporting cast is allowed to join. This is true for all series in Smash Bros, from Mario to Xenoblade. It is not Zangief's turn.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

The star gets in first, before the supporting cast is allowed to join. This is true for all series in Smash Bros, from Mario to Xenoblade. It is not Zangief's turn.

so when are they planning to announce Bass and Zero

also, Chun-li is as recognizable as Ryu and should get in because she's cooler

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

You say that like Gief isn't the real star of that series.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ryu is insanely cool and anyone who doesn't appreciate that is stuck in the dumb belief that main characters are inherently boring. There, I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

if they're really bringing roy back i hope he at least gets the brawl clone treatment to make him more unique. i don't think he's a good choice at all though. his game wasn't very good and he's not a terribly interesting protagonist. the only thing he has going for him is that he was in melee. there's a lot of cool potential characters from fire emblem and roy is like the most boring one.

• Locked thread