Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
I was unable to watch bayern today but is it fair to assume they were the equivalent of hot garbage on the pitch today? I wish someone would take dante out back and put him out of his misery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Just a bit toothless in attack and pretty unlucky with the defensive mistakes imo. On another day the match would end 1:1 but Porto capitalized on every mistake so the score looks a bit over the top. Playing 2:0 down after 10 minutes is not easy I guess!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Everything sucks and is lame today. Man I really loved Dante during the treble season but holy poo poo if he isn't making it difficult.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Well, Neuer should have been sent off after three minutes (yeah, this rule makes no sense whatsoever, but as long as it exists the ref should have acted on it accordingly) so imagine what would have happened in that case. Also, Bernat needs to keep his hands of guys that are faster than him (everybody...it's everybody) because he should have been sent off at the beginning of the second half as well. That guy has no defensive abilities at all but Pep keeps putting him up as left defender so there's that.

The goal that'll save their asses next week was a lucky shot as well. Check the replay and you'll see that Boateng not once checks the box before putting the ball in, but of course it lands right at Thiago.

The whole game was bad, which is so weird. You got 22 world class soccer players, but some passages felt like watching an amateur match on a Sunday at 9am what with people blindly firing the ball into nothingness.

What are chances that Bayern will not make the next round, Pep then walking (because of course he has to leave..) and then Klopp taking over for 2015/16?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AlexF posted:

What are chances that Bayern will not make the next round, Pep then walking (because of course he has to leave..) and then Klopp taking over for 2015/16?

It's unlikely. While Pep is not as good as Heynkes, they are still routinely winning the Bundesliga.

A lot of Dortmund's Klopp fans and a lot of Bayern's Klopp haters would kill themselves though.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Healbot posted:

It's unknown whether Dortmund is the reason Tuchel didn't take the Hamburg job (club representatives said that much was clear for two days in todays presser), but both sides are fairly interested I imagine.

I rate Tuchel, so of course him taking over in 2016 sounds fairly loving win to me.

I think I read somewhere that he only wanted to manage HSV if they managed to stay up. Now they're dead last and throws punches at each other in the dressing room. I guess that is the reason.

Bah, I really hate being a plastic for HSV sometimes.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Well, I hope you enjoy watching football on mondays. :smugmrgw:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pand posted:

Well, I hope you enjoy watching football on mondays. :smugmrgw:
Or, even worse, at 13:00.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Aw, come on now. Matches at 13:00 or 13:30 are really cool. You actually have a whole day left afterwards. 15:30 just tears apart everything.

Now, 18:30 on Fridays...those are the real suckers.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Don't mind me, because I'll be enjoying those sweet 3.Liga Spielzeiten probably. :suicide:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Müller-Wohlfahrt and his medical staff have resigned. :psyduck:

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
...because the club blamed him for the loss to Porto.

Did he kill Xabi Alonso, wear his skin onto the pitch, and turn the ball over non-stop? Because if so it probably is his fault

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

How the gently caress can you go and piss off the doc that's been with the club for 38 years.

Edit: That's gotta be one of the shorter Bayern seasons lmao

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Healbot posted:

How the gently caress can you go and piss off the doc that's been with the club for 38 years.

Edit: That's gotta be one of the shorter Bayern seasons lmao

I don't know, I've always been a little skeptical about his methods, as has the medical community at large. I feel like if you're going to be as out there as he is, you need to at least keep the players healthy. This isn't the first season that has been torpedoed by rampant injuries.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Peps bringing in his own special doctors

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that the medical team hasn't exactly been doing a stellar job this season, given how many injuries we've had and how they almost always seem to last longer than predicted.

Still, it's pretty tough to judge this situation from the outside.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Healbot posted:

Müller-Wohlfahrt and his medical staff have resigned. :psyduck:

Just read that. Wow. They blamed HIM? Ok!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jack's Flow posted:

Just read that. Wow. They blamed HIM? Ok!

Further reading brings to light that Ribery was the final straw.

https://vine.co/v/ezhLtxI7hnm a little clapping for MW after Benatias injury, I can see it now

Healbot fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 16, 2015

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Müller Wohlfahrt is an alternative medicine weirdo though IIRC so...

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

*steps to podium, taps on the mircophone and clears throat*

Nice meltdown.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

antidote posted:

Peps bringing in his own special doctors

They'd be less dodgy

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Healbot posted:

https://vine.co/v/ezhLtxI7hnm a little clapping for MW after Benatias injury, I can see it now
Nice loving meltdown Pep, jesus christ

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Healbot posted:

lol, amazing

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
gently caress everything about this club atm i'm so mad

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

ephex posted:

gently caress everything about this club atm i'm so mad

Do not blashpeme against st. Alaba in this way.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Vegetable posted:

Nice loving meltdown Pep, jesus christ

I forgot, Mull is not actually sitting there, it's another guy from the medical staff (the old coot only features at home and CL-games).

Still lmao at this.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Healbot posted:

That's peak Pep

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Jose posted:

They'd be less dodgy

How dare you suggest that club staple MW's injecting players with honey is not good medical practice.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Nimmy posted:

How dare you suggest that club staple MW's injecting players with honey is not good medical practice.

At least his homeopathic remedies don't have unwanted side effects! :downs:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Götze out for tomorrow as well

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ephex posted:

Götze out for tomorrow as well

:eyepop:

nice meltdown

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Pep's transformation into Kloppo has already started. You'll hardly notice any difference next season. It'll make the transition much easier.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wasn't Pep responsible for Thiago going to some Spanish doctor and then not getting better for months?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's what Mull said with regards to a Cortisone treatment (said Spanish doctor denied the allegations, which has not made the rounds in German media).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Torrannor posted:

Wasn't Pep responsible for Thiago going to some Spanish doctor and then not getting better for months?

I think that was Thiago's own choice

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
It was deffo Big Pep in accordance with Thiagos agent who sent him to Barcelona. Pep later stated that this might have been a mistake on his behalf.

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Isn't Thiago's agent Pep's brother?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

I just want Jupp back. Im going to start a kickstarter.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

I'll do the wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'