Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

I'll take Mareek Stele in a Tie Defender as well.

As far as the x wing, I'll third the share a target lock suggestion.

Speaking of x wingsI've had a bunch of luck using Biggs in conjunction with a GR75.

Usually by running the transport with the em emitter and Biggs with a stealth device behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It's a pity you can't use huge ships in proper tournaments, because that would be hilarious.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

soulfulspinster posted:

As far as the x wing, I'll third the share a target lock suggestion.

Speaking of x wingsI've had a bunch of luck using Biggs in conjunction with a GR75.

Usually by running the transport with the em emitter and Biggs with a stealth device behind it.

If you're going to run him with the stealth device, you may as well give him the astromech to action up a +1 agil

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

soulfulspinster posted:

I don't get it. If he has the same ability, it means he costs 4 points more than face value because you have to put a Mangler in his canon slot. That's not going to fix any problems the Defender has. If he has a different ability that's relevant to the Defender's problems, giving him any other name is strictly better because you have more squad building options.

Luke Skywalker in the Falcon's gunner seat is iconic enough that it's worth limiting options. Dash Rendar's abilities need the same name so that one ship can't get both. I don't think the dumb name that was in a booklet that came with some copies of TIE Fighter carries that much cachet, and I doubt there's an ability you could put on a Defender that would be broken if and only if there was a TIE Advanced in the same squad that chooses its crits.

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

I also run Jan on the transport so I can give Biggs an evade token.

As for Defender Mareek, his advanced pilot ability isn't a total wash in the defender if he's costed appropriately.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

ZachAttack posted:

Clearly the answer is Rebel Aces 2: Y-Wing + X-Wing, new astros, new torps, new titles, alternate paint schemes. It practically writes itself.

Cobbsprite posted:

X-wing already has more named pilots than any other, let's go ahead and just dump a couple more onto it.

I don't give a gently caress I support the poo poo out of this, the game is named X-wing for christ's sake and the ship's overwhelming primary use is a thematically neat but ultimately aging cover mechanic. Admit it, it feels weird seeing Biggs more than any other rebel pilot, and it's a little lame that 99% of the time you see an X-wing, that mustachioed motherfucker is in it. Look Biggs baby I love you but you had like maybe 2 seconds of screen time.

How about this joker?

Theron Nett
PS -1
During the combat phase, treat your ship as if it is equipped with the Advanced Sensors upgrade card. For each ship within Range 1, remove one focus or target lock token and add one stress token. Then add two ion tokens. Also, roll all primary attacks against yourself.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
The X-Wing upgrade is going to be whatever the Episode 7 updated X-Wing pack will be. Also blingier TIEs.

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

So who else is up for an "X-wing vs TIE Fighter" pack with the new x wings and ties in it?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

yellowjournalism posted:

. Look Biggs baby I love you but you had like maybe 2 seconds of screen time.

Still more screen time than the B-Wing, which we see even more of.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

yellowjournalism posted:

I don't give a gently caress I support the poo poo out of this, the game is named X-wing for christ's sake and the ship's overwhelming primary use is a thematically neat but ultimately aging cover mechanic. Admit it, it feels weird seeing Biggs more than any other rebel pilot, and it's a little lame that 99% of the time you see an X-wing, that mustachioed motherfucker is in it. Look Biggs baby I love you but you had like maybe 2 seconds of screen time.

How about this joker?

Theron Nett
PS -1
During the combat phase, treat your ship as if it is equipped with the Advanced Sensors upgrade card. For each ship within Range 1, remove one focus or target lock token and add one stress token. Then add two ion tokens. Also, roll all primary attacks against yourself.

If you treat your ship as if it is equipped with the Advanced Sensors upgrade card during the combat phase, nothing happens. Advanced Sensors only affects the Movement phase. :munch:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
"Screen time" will never determine what gets to be cool in this because this is the miniatures game of the EU novels, comic books and video games.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Cobbsprite posted:

If you treat your ship as if it is equipped with the Advanced Sensors upgrade card during the combat phase, nothing happens. Advanced Sensors only affects the Movement phase. :munch:

Ok let me spell it out for you

Red leader says "keep your eyes open"

And then this dude literally closes his eyes

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lemon Curdistan posted:

"Screen time" will never determine what gets to be cool in this because this is the miniatures game of the EU novels, comic books and video games.

I notice that there's been absolutely no indication that they have any plans to even touch on the prequel stuff, which is probably for the best.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

I notice that there's been absolutely no indication that they have any plans to even touch on the prequel stuff, which is probably for the best.

Well, except for the prequel designs are cool-looking, and in wargame format, we get to appreciate them without having to sit through the prequels themselves. I can see why FFG's marketing department would consider them poison, though.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

New Faction: Turds and Turdliness. All the prequel ships you've come to hate and despise, with named pilots like Jar-Jar Binks and That One Guy With The hosed Up Face.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Madurai posted:

Well, except for the prequel designs are cool-looking, and in wargame format, we get to appreciate them without having to sit through the prequels themselves. I can see why FFG's marketing department would consider them poison, though.

I don't dispute that there are some prequel ship designs that are cool and could be fun, especially if you branch out into stuff like the Clone Wars animated stuff. I'm not sure if FFG considers it poison per se but looking back on them the prequels never really had any standout memorable spaceship battles on par with the Death Star fights.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

yellowjournalism posted:

How about this joker?

Theron Nett
PS -1

Would play. Dave and this guy running around the board hitting nothing. Would have heaps of fun.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Kai Tave posted:

I don't dispute that there are some prequel ship designs that are cool and could be fun, especially if you branch out into stuff like the Clone Wars animated stuff. I'm not sure if FFG considers it poison per se but looking back on them the prequels never really had any standout memorable spaceship battles on par with the Death Star fights.

Hey! They had those *~super cool~* missiles that instead of exploding flew past the target and released ineffective tiny droids that slowly sawed apart your spaceship. That was cool, right? Right? :suicide:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Madurai posted:

I would love an N-1 Starfighter for the Rebels. As long as Anakin wasn't a pilot for it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Anakin Skywalker

Roll an extra attack die when making primary weapon attacks against your own sanity.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Took a crack at a First Order TIE Fighter scheme.

I'm sure there are a million other people who did this today...

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I'm so excited for the Raider.

I want to run the below list with the two Raider cards proxied and see how it goes:

Imperial Wolves (97)

Maarek Stele (27)
TIE/x1 (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Jendon (26)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Darth Vader (3)

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Give Maarek pocket prockets for bonus fun.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Put prockets on everything tbh

The only reason to not take them is because you hate fun.

Or have less than 3 agility.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

AndyElusive posted:

Took a crack at a First Order TIE Fighter scheme.

I'm sure there are a million other people who did this today...

Looks good dude. Though maybe if continue to do this maybe go a bit brighter on the panels but otherwise its awesome.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Haha yeah, I'll throw them on there! With 5 dice no need for munitions failsafe too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Halverine posted:

Haha yeah, I'll throw them on there! With 5 dice no need for munitions failsafe too.

You say that, buuuuuut, I've needed it when I pt prockets on Jake.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

bunnyofdoom posted:

You say that, buuuuuut, I've needed it when I pt prockets on Jake.

Haha drat! The below might be worth it then, replacing the HLC with an Ion and accuracy corrector.

Imperial Wolves (100)

Maarek Stele (27)
TIE/x1 (0)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Jendon (26)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Darth Vader (3)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Sisko posted:

Looks good dude. Though maybe if continue to do this maybe go a bit brighter on the panels but otherwise its awesome.

Thanks and will do! I'll probably go back over this one tomorrow and see if I can brighten the panels up a step.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Halverine posted:

Haha drat! The below might be worth it then, replacing the HLC with an Ion and accuracy corrector.

Imperial Wolves (100)

Maarek Stele (27)
TIE/x1 (0)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Jendon (26)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Darth Vader (3)

Doomshuttle is always a winner. I like it.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Halverine posted:

Imperial Wolves (100)

Maarek Stele (27)
TIE/x1 (0)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Jendon (26)
Accuracy Corrector (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Darth Vader (3)

God, no. Dump the ion cannon and AC, dump the failsafe on Maarek Stele, give Jendon Predator and either Fleet Officer or Weapons Engineer. Fleet Officer will let you shoot prockets and keep a focus with your target lock for massive damage, Weapons Engineer will give you a bonus target lock to pass to Scoots.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Endman posted:

Put prockets on everything tbh

The only reason to not take them is because you hate fun.

Or have less than 3 agility.

Just take prockets and Stealth Device then.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

Just take prockets and Stealth Device then.

Not worth the cost to stealth from 2 to 3. It's just not going to stick long enough to be worthwhile. Besides, prockets cap out at 3 agility, and what fighter has a missile slot and only two green dice when naked?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Cobbsprite posted:

Not worth the cost to stealth from 2 to 3. It's just not going to stick long enough to be worthwhile. Besides, prockets cap out at 3 agility, and what fighter has a missile slot and only two green dice when naked?

Tie bomber and z95.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Cobbsprite posted:

The TIE Bomber only has 2 agility.

e: f;b

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Cobbsprite posted:

TIE Bomber, Z-95

Edit: I clearly don't even have 2 ability

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Tie bomber and z95.

And neither of those is worth a stealth device.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Cobbsprite posted:

And neither of those is worth a stealth device.

And I guess prockets aren't worth the 5 points they cost on an A-wing? Why do you hate fun?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Man, I love running an e-wing with a stealth device, PTL and r2-f2. It's like I'm running a worse rebel phantom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

And I guess prockets aren't worth the 5 points they cost on an A-wing? Why do you hate fun?

They're worth as much as protorps on an X-wang.

• Locked thread