Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Glob Herman's continued existence will never stop being amusing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm glad he's back to being a good guy.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

mind the walrus posted:

Glob Herman's continued existence will never stop being amusing to me.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm glad he's back to being a good guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Rachel's gradually gone from looking like she escaped from the Cenobite dimension to looking like she robbed a Hot Topic. The coat screams less "I was raised in a post-apocalyptic hellscape" and more "gently caress YOU MOM I CAN BUY MY OWN CLOTHES NOW I WORK AT MCDONALDS!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Rachel's gradually gone from looking like she escaped from the Cenobite dimension to looking like she robbed a Hot Topic. The coat screams less "I was raised in a post-apocalyptic hellscape" and more "gently caress YOU MOM I CAN BUY MY OWN CLOTHES NOW I WORK AT MCDONALDS!"

That just means she's becoming more well-adjusted.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

What's more ridiculous than Stilt-Man? The way that Stilt-Man was defeated by DD in their first matchup.

Daredevil no.8

Gaz-L posted:

You'd think that after escaping the hellscape that she'd want a change of clothes. If only so that looking in the mirror didn't trigger her PTSD constantly.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Stilt-Man for Thor 3

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fun fact: In that issue Thor utters the words "Verily, Stilt-Man, you are a mighty foe!". Which is not a sequence of words you'd expect Thor to ever say.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
For sure. I would have expected a "thou art".

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Phylodox posted:

For sure. I would have expected a "thou art".

Well, maybe he's just being formal about it if he's going to say it at all.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

redbackground posted:

merc with a mouth

I loving love how disposable AIM scientists are. And that sequence was perfect. :allears:

Anyone have today's Nova where Sam robs the Chitauri?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

When I think "Comic books" in a sense of something fun that brings a smile to your face, I'm glad things like this are continuing to turn up.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

Don't expect anything like 'normal' from a member of the Summers family.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Majuju posted:

SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #5

SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #5!!!

Did Rockslide become the Juggernaut yet?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What's with the shark-person in the skirt just behind Spidey? :raise:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What's with the shark-person in the skirt just behind Spidey? :raise:

That's Shark Girl. She was introduced in Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. If you are wondering about her powers or abilities, I will repeat: She's Shark Girl.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That's pretty much on the lovely end of the powers spectrum.

He can shoot laser beams from his eyes!

He has razor sharp claws and a healing factor!

She's a shark.

Jawsome!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Johnny Aztec posted:

She's pretty strong and has hundreds of razor sharp teeth that keep regrowing. You can get worse I'd say. She had some issues adjusting, but she's doing fine in the recent issues. Her undercover agent thing with the Dinosaurs in the last arc was pretty fun.

Decius fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Apr 16, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddamn Sauron's kissy face. :stare:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Spider-Man and the X-Men might be the best comic featuring either Spider-Man or the X-Men in a very long time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Spider-Man and the X-Men might be the best comic featuring either Spider-Man or the X-Men in a very long time.

Faint praise.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The dinosaur issue also has what is easily the best line ever uttered by Sauron.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Faint praise.

Spidey's decent in Mighty Avengers too, but not a main character, so yeah it's not the highest bar

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
Posted this in the Badass thread after someone posted a sequence with Red Sonia and someone else mentioned the pinchy metal bikini, figured it fit better here:

From Cerebus 10

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Hulk Smash! posted:

All Stilt-Man, all the time

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Even the Penguin.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

I know basically nothing about Shark Girl and I think she's cool.

Being a shark person is only on the "low end" when comparing against prime time superstar bullshit mutants. Shark person is still awesome unless you get "needs to live in a fish tank because mutant powers are a lovely lottery" variety shark person.

If you can ask a small child "Hey, would being X be awesome?" and the answer is yes, it's a good power.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Now the dude with eyes (or was it ears, I can't remember) all over his body, now there's a lovely mutation.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Section Z posted:

I know basically nothing about Shark Girl and I think she's cool.

Being a shark person is only on the "low end" when comparing against prime time superstar bullshit mutants. Shark person is still awesome unless you get "needs to live in a fish tank because mutant powers are a lovely lottery" variety shark person.

If you can ask a small child "Hey, would being X be awesome?" and the answer is yes, it's a good power.

Isn't she like Wolfsbane where she's essentially a were-shark and not perpetually a shark person?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

AnonSpore posted:

Now the dude with eyes (or was it ears, I can't remember) all over his body, now there's a lovely mutation.

He can use them to see magic and things outside the visible spectrum and poo poo, which is kinda cool.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Isn't she like Wolfsbane where she's essentially a were-shark and not perpetually a shark person?

Canon-wise this is the case, but I don't think she's been in non-shark form for the entire SMXM run.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Majuju posted:

He can use them to see magic and things outside the visible spectrum and poo poo, which is kinda cool.

He's also really hard to sneak up on, and awesome with guns, but that last one might be an unrelated power or just natural talent.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

He's also really hard to sneak up on, and awesome with guns, but that last one might be an unrelated power or just natural talent.

Well, when you have eyes all over your body...

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

He's easily beaten by utilizing floodlights. He can't wear shades all over his body.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Majuju posted:

And apparently when he gets older he'll be able to see EVERYTHING and SHOOT IT.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bucnasti posted:

And apparently when he gets older he'll be able to see EVERYTHING and SHOOT IT.

It seems like he'd be able to do that without having an eye on his tongue tho.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It seems like he'd be able to do that without having an eye on his tongue tho.

Yeah, but it helps him get those hard to reach scraps of food from between his teeth.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But does he have eyelids on all those eyes or are they, like, always open? Because if he can't close them...Jesus.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Phylodox posted:

But does he have eyelids on all those eyes or are they, like, always open? Because if he can't close them...Jesus.
He probably has clear eyelids like alligators or something. Where can I pick up my no prize?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It won't be a problem until his Secondary Mutation, when he starts growing eyes inside his body. Like, constantly being hit with his stomach acid and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bobulus posted:

It won't be a problem until his Secondary Mutation, when he starts growing eyes inside his body. Like, constantly being hit with his stomach acid and stuff.

No his secondary mutation will be growing noses everywhere, but they have no enhanced smelling capabilities, he just has to smell a combination of his underwear and BO 24/7.