Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Theta Zero posted:

What if Ryu was just Wolf in a Ryu outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Endorph posted:

Roy could have a swap with his dad Eliwood but no other FE protagonist would really fit.

That's not true, Marth and Lucina could fit as well--oh wait oh

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The T posted:

That's not true, Marth and Lucina could fit as well--oh wait oh

Eirika if you really want to stretch it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think it would be cool if, instead of adding roy, they just remade lucina completely so that there's actually a reason to use her over marth

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
you would think that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i think it would be cool if, instead of adding roy, they just remade lucina completely so that there's actually a reason to use her over marth

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just make her faster in the air or something.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Give Lucina way less landing lag on attacks, except actually do that for all the characters

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

Give Lucina way less landing lag on attacks, except actually do that for all the characters

Alright, I will.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

sharrrk posted:

Do her patch buffs do anything for her?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Coaaab posted:

Do her patch buffs do anything for her?

like 4 of her moves do 0.5% more damage

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Pre-patch, she was heavily depressed about her mediocrity. Now, she's come to terms with her capabilities, and feels comfortable, maybe even a little proud, of where she is in life. It's a semi-major buff.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So they have to be giving Ryu an orange gi alt with dark blue accents right? and black hair

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

So they have to be giving Ryu an orange gi alt with dark blue accents right? and black hair

Based on their recent alt policy one of the alts has to be Sakura Kasugano

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

IronicDongz posted:

Falco was basically just a slower stronger Fox in melee

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm going to need Dan and Sean alts

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
When you think about it Ryu's moves basically write themselves, almost everything could be a move he has in SF or at least someone else's

Special Moves are obvious:

B: Hadoken
Up B: Shoryuken
Side B: Tastumasdtsdfjldkjflsdfjk- Hurricane Kick
Down B: SF3 Parry (or maybe SF4 Focus Attack)

A-Moves would just be all normals:

Neutral A: LP
Forward A: HP
Forward Smash: Donkey Kick
Down Tilt: cr. MK
Down Smash: Sweep

although as I write this I realize I have nothing for back moves because Ryu never not faces someone when Street Fighting them

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

So Mewtwo seems to be a solid character all in all, but what exactly is the logic in making Mewtwo the second lightest character in the game?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bluff Buster posted:

So Mewtwo seems to be a solid character all in all, but what exactly is the logic in making Mewtwo the second lightest character in the game?

Lol, for real? Does G+W finally get to leave that spot?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

IronicDongz posted:

what

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

Lol, for real? Does G+W finally get to leave that spot?

Literally just checked using the scales on the Pikmin stage. G & W is now #3.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
For the most part, yeah? As long as we're not talking about really hardcore competitive play where the differences make for a much more significant experience.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bluff Buster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izR_Lrt8T0E
RIP Mewtwo.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
I was just reading tcrf about how there were supposedly plans in Brawl to make Dixie an alternate for Diddy, and they were to tag each other in/out during play like in DKC. Dang, that would have been cool.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

IronicDongz posted:

Not even. Falco was all about stage control, with rad combo abilities to boot. For example, he had easily the best projectile in the game (this was back when his blaster was worth a poo poo), his reflector launched opponents straight up, and his down air was a nigh-instant and ridiculously powerful spike. Pretty cool guy all around.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
I don't know if this is the time or place for this, but I made a thing in photoshop.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Treebeh posted:

I don't know if this is the time or place for this, but I made a thing in photoshop.

Thank you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cloofish posted:

Not even. Falco was all about stage control, with rad combo abilities to boot. For example, he had easily the best projectile in the game (this was back when his blaster was worth a poo poo), his reflector launched opponents straight up, and his down air was a nigh-instant and ridiculously powerful spike. Pretty cool guy all around.

You don't even need to be into "really hardcore competitive play" either, like I remember when I was a kid it was still pretty intuitive stuff. Like "oh my down-b makes people go up when I hit them on the ground, and then I can jump and down air. Cool!"

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

A possible Ryu alternate colors lineup would probably look like this:

Ken
Dan
Sean
Sakura
Evil Ryu or Sagat
Akuma
Gouken

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Bluff Buster posted:

I know the Smash universe changes the sizes and weights of characters so they match each other but :wtf: the Pokedex says Mewtwo is like 260 lbs. lol

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cuckoo posted:

I know the Smash universe changes the sizes and weights of characters so they match each other but :wtf: the Pokedex says Mewtwo is like 260 lbs. lol

I think he's supposed to be lighter because he hovers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

I know the Smash universe changes the sizes and weights of characters so they match each other

Much like how Shulk got changed to match Marth because apparently only one person can be at Ike's level of ripped in Smash

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Treebeh posted:

It was both the right time and place. The Captain would be proud.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Please watch this video for the best 2v2 ending ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvvm5ZLmV10

http://i.imgur.com/wZjDWEC.gifv

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 17, 2015

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

I think he's supposed to be lighter because he hovers.

Lose over 200 pounds with this one easy trick! Doctors hate him!

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Much like how Shulk got changed to match Marth because apparently only one person can be at Ike's level of ripped in Smash

I thought that was weird that Shulk was so light until I actually played Xenoblade and got to see Shulk's actual size. He's a goddamned munchkin. Give him a job at a chocolate factory and he'll spend his days singing morality showtunes. He's nowhere near in the same ballpark as Ike. Hell, he should probably be lighter then Marth

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

mamelon posted:

I was just reading tcrf about how there were supposedly plans in Brawl to make Dixie an alternate for Diddy, and they were to tag each other in/out during play like in DKC. Dang, that would have been cool.

Too bad the 3DS is poo poo and holding down the WiiU version.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Dizz posted:

They could still pull it off in the future with Dixie and Kiddy Koahahahahaha nevermind

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Treebeh posted:

Show me your hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Dizz posted:

I don't see how it would be functionally that different from Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer. Unless it was more dynamic, with her like swapping in for certain attacks, like a hybrid of ice climbers and duck hunt with maybe a splash of the changing characters.

• Locked thread