Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, “I’d say 100 percent that I want to run, but this gives you some flexibility. People can always change their mind. But as I sit here right now, 100 percent, I want to run.” ~ Lincoln Chafee, mathlete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'm guessing air traffic controller

It's this.

Edmund Lava posted:

Hey why don't they organize and demand higher pay. Oh right

We still have a union, and I definitely can't complain about the pay, but according to that guy I should be pulling in a 7-8 figure salary. So give me some money. I even keep those ungrateful CEO's from smacking into planes full of mere commoners when they're flying to the Caribbean on their G6.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Edmund Lava posted:

Hey why don't they organize and demand higher pay. Oh right

Well if they did that now the FAA would be unable to hire any more controllers because nobody can pass their dumb psychological screening.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

That idea seems to be losing steam, if you don't mind my saying so.

"Why do Democrats hate Jewish Americans," asks the Republican nominee for 2020.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Hey My Imaginary GF if everything boils down to revenue why has the funding for the IRS been slashed every year since the Republicans gained congress, when every dollar spent on tax enforcement brings 50 dollars in return?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

"Why do Democrats hate Jewish Americans," asks the Republican nominee for 2020.

And nobody will care, not least because it will be words coming out of a Republican's mouth.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

JT Jag posted:

Hey My Imaginary GF if everything boils down to revenue why has the funding for the IRS been slashed every year since the Republicans gained congress, when every dollar spent on tax enforcement brings 50 dollars in return?

Because Republicans want the federal government to fail?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The wonderful Jaime Fuller uses Lexis-Nexis to give you all the facts of the Hillary visit to Chipotle.

Seriously, just read through that and you'll start laughing long before the article is over.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Someone managed to close the monkey's paw. Amergin hasn't posted in almost 3 pages. Yall can stop responding to him now.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I would rather blow my brains out than work 45 hour weeks at three different places. You must have a better idea, surely.

Better than working those same three jobs and not making a living wage.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

JT Jag posted:

Because Republicans are assholes, which is why you should give some money to your local democratic party.

Always vote D for Congress. Now, for President? I dunno if I can trust Hillary to support Israel when its in America's interest but not Hillary's, hence why I'd much rather vote for Biden, or, god forbid if Hillary doesn't reassure me, Jeb.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
are you even jewish MIGF

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
because if so, I'm getting a loving sackcloth just so I can put it on and then tear it in your honor

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You don't have to be Jewish to be Zionist and vice versa.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

are you even jewish MIGF

Does Hillary even support Israel unconditionally any more?

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
The fact that "Clinton Bypassed Centrist Taco Bell for Liberal Favorite Chipotle" is a headline from the Wall Street loving Journal and not the Onion makes me so very excited for this election season.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
More so than Obama I would imagine.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Somebody needs to start a new ThisFuckingElection right now, and just have it be CHIPOTLE in giant text. This story is killing me. I live in a country where Mexican food almost doesn't exist. I can go to a somewhat okay restaurant if I travel 40 minutes on the train and pay like $25 to eat there. I can also attempt to make something on my own at home. Neither of these options match the Qdoba steak nachos I'm craving. If this Chipotle story lasts another week I'm gonna go on a week long homemade Mexican food binge. People are gonna find me holed up in my apartment eating cold refried beans out of a can with a spoon while sobbing uncontrollably.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

ZobarStyl posted:

The fact that "Clinton Bypassed Centrist Taco Bell for Liberal Favorite Chipotle" is a headline from the Wall Street loving Journal and not the Onion makes me so very excited for this election season.
It's going to be an amazing spectacle, a can't miss entertainment event.

Of course that such a spectacle decides the leader of the most powerful nation in the world is....kind of terrifying.

ErIog posted:

Somebody needs to start a new ThisFuckingElection right now, and just have it be CHIPOTLE in giant text. This story is killing me. I live in a country where Mexican food almost doesn't exist. I can go to a somewhat okay restaurant if I travel 40 minutes on the train and pay like $25 to eat there. I can also attempt to make something on my own at home. Neither of these options match the Qdoba steak nachos I'm craving. If this Chipotle story lasts another week I'm gonna go on a week long homemade Mexican food binge. People are gonna find me holed up in my apartment eating cold refried beans out of a can with a spoon while sobbing uncontrollably.
If nobody has come the end of the month I may do it...

Though I'm not sure I could afford the bandwidth come 2016.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 17, 2015

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ZobarStyl posted:

Chipotle is the McDonald's of buritos. In public, Hillary calls for paying burito artisans up to 50% more, of which much will be passed onto the consumer. In private, Hillary orders $20+ of buritos and leaves no tip. How can we trust someone who has such a divide between their public rhetoric and private life?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

If increasing wages to 15$ forces you to charge 50% more for food, you're a poo poo manager who doesn't know how to handle your revenue.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

That story made me hungry for tacos. So I got some and ate them.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

That story made me hungry for tacos. So I got some and ate them.

Both you and Hillary Clinton need to check your taco privilege.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Three years ago: Mitt Romney at Chipotle.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

someone say taco privilege?

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Ron Jeremy posted:

Better than working those same three jobs and not making a living wage.

"Uniquely American, isn't it?" :911:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Pictured: Mitt Romney frantically trying to remember the lyrics to Calle Ocho so that he may serenade the Chipotle workers with songs of their native culture.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Chipotle is the McDonald's of buritos.

If you eat at chipotle in any state that used to be mexico, you should be kicked directly in the balls.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

"Who let the tacos out? Who, who?"

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Chipotle is the McDonald's of buritos. In public, Hillary calls for paying burito artisans up to 50% more, of which much will be passed onto the consumer. In private, Hillary orders $20+ of buritos and leaves no tip. How can we trust someone who has such a divide between their public rhetoric and private life?

Lieberman Emanuel for vice president!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

ZobarStyl posted:

The WSJ is owned by the same company that owns Foxnews (Murdoch).

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

So Walmart closed five stores across the country and laid off 2,000 people for "plumbing issues". Apparently they were stores that were the most active in organizing for higher pay. Hmm. Shame about their plumbing.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Ron Jeremy posted:

If you eat at chipotle in any state that used to be mexico, you should be kicked directly in the balls.
I'm just gonna say that sometimes you crave carne seca or a Sonoran hot dog, and sometimes you crave a gigantic Chipotle burrito.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Luigi Thirty posted:

So Walmart closed five stores across the country and laid off 2,000 people for "plumbing issues". Apparently they were stores that were the most active in organizing for higher pay. Hmm. Shame about their plumbing.

Uh, the stores were in mostly right-to-work states... are you quite certain?

One store was in California, two were in Texas, another in UtahFlorida, and the last in Oklahoma.

Any source on this?

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 17, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Evil_Greven posted:

Uh, the stores were in mostly right-to-work states... are you quite certain?

One store was in California, two were in Texas, another in Utah, and the last in Oklahoma.

Any source on this?

One of the stores that closed was the scene of union organizing and Black Friday protests a few years ago, but the :supaburn: source I have is a Daily Kos article so...

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

More has never been said with a single facial expression.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

This looks like one of those "Pre-Arsoning" pictures.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ralepozozaxe posted:

This looks like one of those "Pre-Arsoning" pictures.

Pretty sure that picture is fully arsed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I have witnessed the opposite in concerns to the Walmart closings. These closings are due to the fact that Walmart announced that they were increasing their base pay. Walmart can now not afford to keep these stores open.....SEE WHAT RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGE DOES! :viggo:

• Locked thread