Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Tempo 119 posted:

I choose to believe that Buzz Hickey Memorial Services is the name of a business.

I want to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I don't get what the big deal is. Jonathan Banks is gonna be busy with Better Call Saul for the next 5 or so years. You might as well kill him off.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

BSam posted:

What the hell.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Rochallor posted:

I don't get what the big deal is. Jonathan Banks is gonna be busy with Better Call Saul for the next 5 or so years. You might as well kill him off.

Just punch us in the heart, why don't you?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

I hope he mastered the art of duck drawing before he died.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Shneak posted:

I hope he mastered the art of duck drawing before he died.

Publishers were interested!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just wanted to say that this season feels like an entirely different show than Community, but it has an entertaining charm/quirk about it I still enjoy.

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
Maybe it's because I made a compilation about Abed but when he made this face:

It was really noticeable. And a little strange.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
I guess I'm in the minority but I thought this episode wasn't funny or interesting.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Gupta was supposed to be based on that hack corporate comedian, right?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

TequilaJesus posted:

Gupta was supposed to be based on that hack corporate comedian, right?

He was supposed to be The Interview.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

BambooEarpick posted:

I guess I'm in the minority but I thought this episode wasn't funny or interesting.

I didn't like it all that much either. It had a few moments, but I can only listen to the group bicker over them all being jerks to each other for so long.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I feel like there isn't enough of a history of closeness and friendship between the current group to make all these revelations of secrets really feel like they have any impact. If you compare it to the pen episode or the lie detector one, the punch of those lies in the facts that this group of friends we think we know intimately have all sorts of sordid issues.

This group feels a bit too fresh and untested for it to be anything more than "a collection of annoyed strangers go through each other's dirty laundry". Frankie acted the hell out of her part, though, she was really funny.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Well that was fun. Elroy had me rolling in the scene in the bar, and all of Frankie's interactions with the Dean were hysterical.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Keith Dudemeister is eerily similar to Joel McHale. Also I can't believe how much mileage they get out of the corporate shilling as a basis for comedy. It's hilarious.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Did other people get ads for episode seven? I didn't, and was wondering if that was because so much of it was already a Honda commercial (albeit, a very funny one).

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Nichael posted:

Did other people get ads for episode seven? I didn't, and was wondering if that was because so much of it was already a Honda commercial (albeit, a very funny one).

OK yeah, I noticed that too actually. Which was great because they seem to be using the same lovely player or ads that MTV uses, where about 20% of the ads just stop after they play and you have to refresh the browser to get it to keep going.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Was that Billy Zane? That was Billy Zane. drat BIlly Zane looks good with a beard.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Giggs posted:

Maybe it's because I made a compilation about Abed but when he made this face:

It was really noticeable. And a little strange.

I haven't made any compilations but abed's expressions have really stood out to me this season. I'm assuming(hoping) that its a character thing, Abed making a conscious effort to emote more.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Natalie Is Freezing is like Hootie & The Blowfish or Better Than Ezra. I like this joke. This joke pleases me. :)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Well after that episode I don't feel bad for running adblock

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Keith David had Goliath ears. YAY.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
That won't pay off immediately but its going to pay off.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Android Blues posted:

I feel like there isn't enough of a history of closeness and friendship between the current group to make all these revelations of secrets really feel like they have any impact. If you compare it to the pen episode or the lie detector one, the punch of those lies in the facts that this group of friends we think we know intimately have all sorts of sordid issues.

This group feels a bit too fresh and untested for it to be anything more than "a collection of annoyed strangers go through each other's dirty laundry". Frankie acted the hell out of her part, though, she was really funny.

I actually loved this episode for the entire opposite reasons, and loathed the previous bottle episode (I have to rewatch the pen one to make a decision on that). I felt like the last one was so harsh and completely did not earn the happy ending they tried to give it. It was such an abrupt change in tone right at the end.

This one was better put together, and the fact that a lot of them are just casual acquaintances makes the stuff they were saying behind eachothers' backs just mean gossip for the most part. Which makes more sense in a group of people who were largely thrown together like this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nichael posted:

I did get ads. It'd be nice if they didn't have them for this episode.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got Honda and Subway ads. I'm not sure if that's ironic or poetic or something.

I really liked this one, was much better natured than the last one and had a lot of really funny interactions. The show works well with smaller groups, it always seems like it has issues when the entire group is in the main story.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yeah, this one was really good. A lot of funny moments and had some real character work thrown in there as well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I was expecting the alumni dance to have a few random past students show up.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
After a weak start, we get two solid episodes, both of which feature Britta centric plots. It's not a coincidence. Hopefully this upswing continues. My guess is that as the season progressed, Harmon had less time, fell more and more behind schedule with the writing, and had to fall back on his instincts.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Lisa Loeb is Julie from "Natalie Is Freezing." (WHY WOULD THAT BE HER NAME?!?)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

In It For The Tank posted:

Keith Dudemeister is eerily similar to Joel McHale. Also I can't believe how much mileage they get out of the corporate shilling as a basis for comedy. It's hilarious.
How did I never realize that it was dudemeister that played Sandwich. :stare:

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I'll admit that I didn't like the last episode because it felt like the characters were repeating a Harmon-rant from a bad Harmontown episode verbatim.

This episode was so much better, just several good gags, and at this point I think Frankie is the strongest member of the group right now.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Zedd posted:

How did I never realize that it was dudemeister that played Sandwich. :stare:

I think you mean Subway.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Honda stopping was the best gag in the episode and I mean that in a good way cause this episode had a lot of good laughs for me. Frankie and the Dean was amazing.

Edit: I was wrong, Vikki yelling "Garbage" was the best part.

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 22, 2015

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Awful episode. I have a grand hatred for such obvious product placement as this show has done more frequently in recent seasons. I even hated it when Colbert did it with Bud Light and Doritos. I know why product placement exists and why Community in their last season and this one accept it (I remember Chuck doing the same thing in its last season). None of the Honda jokes are funny because of the underlying marketing. It ruined the entire episode for me, except for the Chang PowerPoint presentation.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Loved that episode. I really felt for Britta and I liked the Jeff/Elroy subplot and how that ended. Solid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tailored Sauce posted:

Awful episode. I have a grand hatred for such obvious product placement as this show has done more frequently in recent seasons. I even hated it when Colbert did it with Bud Light and Doritos. I know why product placement exists and why Community in their last season and this one accept it (I remember Chuck doing the same thing in its last season). None of the Honda jokes are funny because of the underlying marketing. It ruined the entire episode for me, except for the Chang PowerPoint presentation.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

He'll always be Ben the Soldier to me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Snacksmaniac posted:

He'll always be Ben the Soldier to me.

OoooooOOoohhh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
One of the best eps of the season, love the product placement. Shillboards indeed.

• Locked thread