Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The google rabbit hole that this image led me down showed me that the Phillipines Army still gets to use M3 Grease Guns, making me super loving jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

The google rabbit hole that this image led me down showed me that the Phillipines Army still gets to use M3 Grease Guns, making me super loving jealous

im jealous of the dude with the flattop m4 and no rear sight

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Mine Sparks photoshop spotted.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The Power Wheels of armored fighting vehicles.

"Look, Mom! Mom! You're not looking." :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

The Power Wheels of armored fighting vehicles.

"Look, Mom! Mom! You're not looking." :smith:

I'd like one to tool around in the woods on. And go to the grocery store.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Perfect protection from mud and lovely drivers, if not much else.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

plz dont post pictures of me without proper opsec procedures

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
NOT A DUFFELBLOG ARTICLE:

Army morale low despite 6-year, $287M optimism program

quote:

Twelve months of data through early 2015 show that 403,564 soldiers, or 52%, scored badly in the area of optimism, agreeing with statements such as "I rarely count on good things happening to me." Forty-eight percent have little satisfaction in or commitment to their jobs.

quote:

Other results:

-- Forty-eight percent or about 370,000 soldiers showed a lack of commitment to their job or would have chosen another if they had it to do over again. Only 28% felt good about what they do.

-- About 300,000 soldiers or nearly 40% didn't trust their immediate supervisor or fellow soldiers in their unit or didn't feel respected or valued. Thirty-two percent felt good about about bosses and peers.

-- In one positive trend, more than 400,000 soldiers or 53% said they were satisfied or extremely satisfied with their marriage, personal relationship or family. About 240,000 expressed dissatisfaction.

-- For physical fitness, nearly 40% were in good shape, 28% were borderline, and 33% did poorly.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Apr 17, 2015

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I am laughing my rear end off right now... because it's so, so true. :smith:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

jfc

literary masterpiece

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

quote:

The Army offered contradictory responses to the findings obtained by USA TODAY. Sharyn Saunders, chief of the Army Resiliency Directorate that produced the data, initially disavowed the results. "I've sat and looked at your numbers for quite some time and our team can't figure out how your numbers came about," she said in an interview in March.

However, when USA TODAY provided her the supporting Army documents this week, her office acknowledged the data but said the formulas used to produce them were obsolete. "We stand by our previous responses," it said in a statement.

Subsequent to USA TODAY's inquiry, the Army calculated new findings but lowered the threshold for a score to be a positive result. As a consequence, for example, only 9% of 704,000 score poorly in optimism.
:eng99:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

army.txt

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It's not surprising, but it's still pretty depressing.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

During my brief time at Fort Hood, every time I went on base the guy checking my badge greeted me with "Welcome to a great place!"

$287 million doesn't buy as much optimism as it used to, I guess.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Pentagon Wars as applied to mental health

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Subsequent to USA TODAY's inquiry, the Army calculated new findings but lowered the threshold for a score to be a positive result. As a consequence, for example, only 9% of 704,000 score poorly in optimism.

The bar dropped so fast and hard, the Army attempted to weaponize it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The DoD did the same thing with reporting suicides and sexual assaults. Those still get reported but they aren't nearly as much of a priority. Also they changed the rules around reporting suicidal ideation, so now it's only reportable if verified by a doc at mental health... except that the doctors can't report to us for PII reasons, and we are the only people allowed to publish said report... So the numbers magically dropped. Problem solved!

They might have some other reporting system in the med group now but I highly doubt it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqxs7-8OUIc

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Random redhead in tight uniform.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Anybody know which flavor of S-300 that is?

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
Why does everything from russia look like it either came from 1986 or 2004. What a weird blackhole of a country :|

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Because in between that, they were too busy organizing mob families and setting themselves up to actually produce anything new.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Random redhead in tight uniform.
Kinda blurry but probably would.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GTA 6 looking good.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
I guess Spanish soldiers get to grow beards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mei6nDU6PKI

terrez fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 18, 2015

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

This picture came from this thing http://imgur.com/gallery/saQx3, which baffles me even more. Like everything else I get "Oh that guy isn't a gardener, he's a CEO" but nope, OIF Vet is still looking pretty homeless. Might as well do a reverse, show a stand up soldier on the left side and a drunken mess on the right.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

dream hat

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth
What the gently caress is that

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

SirDrinksAlot posted:

What the gently caress is that

An extremely thorough :suicide:

http://www.viralnova.com/suicide-helmet/

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Wow.

I guess they were nice enough not to leave as much of a mess?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I'm almost certain that helmet is a pokemon.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I guess you don't have to haul rear end away from a solid fuel rocket crash, it's still probably a good idea but there's no wafting clouds of poison gas to ensure your future kids end up in a specimen jar.

I probably got placed a bit higher on a list or two trying to look up what specific flavor of solid rocket propellant Comrade Redhead didn't run away from.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A .50 to the heart? :what:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Godholio posted:

A .50 to the heart? :what:

An entire cartridge, no less.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Fear my duckface, atheists. I'm so badass :cool:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
What the gently caress is "*intimidating titter*"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Mike-o posted:

Fear my duckface, atheists. I'm so badass :cool:

*athiests

• Locked thread