Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I have witnessed the opposite in concerns to the Walmart closings. These closings are due to the fact that Walmart announced that they were increasing their base pay. Walmart can now not afford to keep these stores open.....SEE WHAT RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGE DOES! :viggo:

Saves small business by making the thing that closes them close?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ZobarStyl posted:

The fact that "Clinton Bypassed Centrist Taco Bell for Liberal Favorite Chipotle" is a headline from the Wall Street loving Journal and not the Onion makes me so very excited for this election season.

So what's conservative "mexican" food? Or is that an oxymoron?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 17, 2015

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

Oklahoma texmex joint where they use buffalo meat procured from only the meanest, most racist old ranchers.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

PhazonLink posted:

Judging by Amarillo? Abuelos.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

PhazonLink posted:

Conservatives loving love mexican food.
Source: I am from North Carolina where every podunk little town will have a delicious mexican restaurant.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

Source: I am from North Carolina where every podunk little town will have a delicious mexican restaurant.
Why do they love the food but want Mexicans to stay the hell away? Or is this one of those things where you ask a kid where beef comes from and they say "the grocery store"?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why do they love the food but want Mexicans to stay the hell away? Or is this one of those things where you ask a kid where beef comes from and they say "the grocery store"?

It's the second one. Honestly I haven't heard a lot of hate from North Carolinians about illegal immigrants - I think it must be a thing closer to the border.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

VanSandman posted:

Is this what forces mexicans to eat at chinese buffets?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

PupsOfWar posted:

Is this what forces mexicans to eat at chinese buffets?

If you grew up eating mexican food, why go out and get mexican food?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

VanSandman posted:

It's the second one. Honestly I haven't heard a lot of hate from North Carolinians about illegal immigrants - I think it must be a thing closer to the border.

In my experience citizens in border states that didn't move there from elsewhere don't care about illegal immigrants much either way. It's the smaller Midwest towns that have experienced radical demographic changes over the last generation that have the most visceral reactions to Hispanic people in general

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

I mean, there's a million other reasons I could say this I guess, but why do they root for the gently caress immigrants party then?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I mean, there's a million other reasons I could say this I guess, but why do they root for the gently caress immigrants party then?

Presumably because the gently caress Immigrants party is also the gently caress Blackfolk party.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Because that party is also the gently caress black people party. Nothing quite like Carolina brand racism against blacks.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Good Citizen posted:

Because that party is also the gently caress black people party. Nothing quite like Carolina brand racism against blacks.

SOUTH Carolina is the really bad one.
Remember - up to and including the Civil War, if some state was starting poo poo with the Federal Government, that state was South Carolina.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 17, 2015

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Remember - up until the Civil War, if some state was starting poo poo with the Federal Government, that state was South Carolina.

I lived in North Carolina for years and spend time in South Carolina somewhat frequently and the people in both states are lovely with racism. SC just had more time to get their racism embedded in government.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

VanSandman posted:

Remember - up to and including the Civil War, if some state was starting poo poo with the Federal Government, that state was South Carolina.

Can't tell one from the other, I do declare.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FAUXTON posted:

Can't tell one from the other, I do declare.

It's subtle. One is maximum poo poo, the other is penultimate poo poo. But that little difference means I can look down on South Carolina forever.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

The wonderful Jaime Fuller uses Lexis-Nexis to give you all the facts of the Hillary visit to Chipotle.

Seriously, just read through that and you'll start laughing long before the article is over.

This is far more important:

quote:

So Reid made a deal to do legislative favors for the Mafia, only to discover that Republicans controlled the House of Representatives, blocking Reid from passing his desired law, causing them to overpower his security detail and beat him up. This was a far more sensible explanation for his condition than the fanciful official story that a 75-year-old-man somehow sustained an injury while exercising. Conservative journalists like Byron York and Rush Limbaugh, who are among the few journalists beholden neither to the Mafia nor to Reid’s own network of shadowy goons, have asked tough questions. Breitbart conducted a groundbreaking investigation, centered around a painstaking reconstruction of Reid’s bathroom, and has followed up its coverage by investigating other aspects of the cover-up:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/04/terrified-reid-refuses-to-finger-mob-assailants.html

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

Good Citizen posted:

In my experience citizens in border states that didn't move there from elsewhere don't care about illegal immigrants much either way. It's the smaller Midwest towns that have experienced radical demographic changes over the last generation that have the most visceral reactions to Hispanic people in general

I live in Western PA and our Hispanic population is ~2%. People howl and wail about "dem illegals" on local radio and on comments on news articles. The Hispanic population is growing, because it started at effectively nil (and other demographics are leaving). We now have more Hispanic groceries and shops and greater variety in Latin American restaurants.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

usbombshell posted:

I live in Western PA and our Hispanic population is ~2%. People howl and wail about "dem illegals" on local radio and on comments on news articles. The Hispanic population is growing, because it started at effectively nil (and other demographics are leaving). We now have more Hispanic groceries and shops and greater variety in Latin American restaurants.

So what you're really saying is they're driving out good white folk and building shops for their kind and their kind only? :bahgawd:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pictured: Marco Rubio at the Union Station Chipotle on April 15th. He ordered a chicken quesadilla.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

PhazonLink posted:

thats racist, its now refereed to as undocumented food.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I don't think Chipotle is very good. What does do for my electoral prospects?

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Good Citizen posted:

who roots for gently caress immigrants?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Aurubin posted:

If you follow up with "Moe's" is superior" then you'd have my vote.

drakegrim posted:

who roots for gently caress immigrants?

Second generation migrants from Fuckistan?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

There's both a Moe's and a Chipotle in my town. I think the Moe's is better. I guess this makes me Pat Buchanan?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Walker got smacked about by polling, Wisconsinites now rate him 41-56 for approval, a drop of 8 points. Worse, Hilary is ahead by 12 against him in his home state.

At a New Hampshire Youth Town Hall, Rick Perry went on a tangent complaining about the 1980 Olympic boycott. Pick your punchline: 1) I'm surprised he could remember that 2) truly, millennialist care about something that happened well before even the oldest of them were born 3) uh....

Cloven Bundy mk2 is underway in Oregon over a mine. The owners of the Sugar Pine Mine have mineral rights and assert they also have surface rights, the BLM says surface rights were ceded in 1961. Rather than address the issue with the usual appeal process in court, one of the owners reached out to the Oath Keepers, rather annoying his partner and BLM. Because then militia nuts gotta nut, and they put out a "call to arms" and all of a sudden a bunch of armed assholes who want to shoot federal agents are all over the place. The owner who made the call is now trying to get them to leave and stop calling the BLM and making threats, which is having no effect. There's a lesson in here about business interests aligning with far right nuts to try and avoid a minor inconvenience of regulation, and it turning into a raving shitshow, but I think we are all familiar with the pattern by now

Cruz gave the usual far right "2nd amendment to oppose government tyranny" thing that works great if you are a radio host, but is idiotic if you are a member of the federal government, much less running for president. Lindsey Graham stepped up to smack him down saying "we tried that once in South Carolina. I wouldn't go down that road again." And "I'm not looking for an insurrection. I'm looking to defeat Hillary. We're not going to out-gun her"

That 73 year old "reserve officer" in Tulsa who bought himself a gun, badge, and license to kill (which he then used against Eric Harris)? Tulsa World is now reporting his training paperwork was signed off without him ever doing it. Which should surprise no one, since the point of these reserve officer programs is to sell a gun, badge, and license to kill, not to allow people to work hard and earn them. After all, if they wanted to work, train, and study to earn the power that comes with being a cop, they'd do that in the first place.

Gyro copter guy apparently emailed info@barackobama.com about his impending flight before he did it, that said email included information of his takeoff time, planned flight path, estimated landing, and a caution that shooting him down would "be a bigger headache than letting me deliver these letters to congress". This will apparently be part of his defense.

Mass grave was found near Tikrit with 165 bodies in it. Keep an eye out for info on autopsies as that will indicate which faction was responsible.

The House passed a package of bills "aimed at curbing IRS abuses". one of them would shield billions in 501c4 donations by their favorite donors from the gift tax

Here is a cool series of info graphics and an explainer about where your state gets its money

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Good Citizen posted:

haven't you ever heard of black privilege? the ability to say and do anything one wants because of their color.

Example: Im pissed that a 19 your old man got shoot, so i'm going to loot this Wig store and aint poo poo nobody can do about it cause im black

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Aurubin posted:

There's both a Moe's and a Chipotle in my town. I think the Moe's is better. I guess this makes me Pat Buchanan?

Probably more a Ralph Nader.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Gravel Gravy posted:

Second generation migrants from Fuckistan?

is that orgy island? the only way to get their is to fly on Epstiens air force gently caress?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Aurubin posted:

Gonna have to vote Green.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

drakegrim posted:

haven't you ever heard of black privilege? the ability to say and do anything one wants because of their color.

Example: Im pissed that a 19 your old man got shoot, so i'm going to loot this Wig store and aint poo poo nobody can do about it cause im black

Please, go on.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Sir Tonk posted:

Gonna have to vote Green.

Alright but that'll be $2 extra.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

drakegrim posted:

You're like a Phineas Gage version of Amergin. Same poo poo, but all hosed up and angry for dumb reasons.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Pictured: Marco Rubio at the Union Station Chipotle on April 15th. He ordered a chicken quesadilla.

Did he tip?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

This is like ordering Chicken Alfredo at an Italian restaurant. I didn't even know Chipoltle did quesadillas.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

drakegrim posted:

Are you typing with a head wound?

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

FAUXTON posted:

You're like a Phineas Gage version of Amergin. Same poo poo, but all hosed up and angry for dumb reasons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, “I’d say 100 percent that I want to run, but this gives you some flexibility. People can always change their mind. But as I sit here right now, 100 percent, I want to run.” ~ Lincoln Chafee, mathlete.

Oh hey. I like Chafee. I hope he runs for the Republicans. He's probably running for the Dems though, right?

I remember he was the one that convinced me growing up that Republicans can be alright. (and then they kicked him out of the party)

quote:

A Rhode Island native educated at Phillips Academy and Brown University, Chafee worked as a professional farrier for seven years before entering state politics in 1985. This seven year period shoeing horses, during which he became the most sought after blacksmith in his village, made him the obvious choice for delegate to the Rhode Island State Constitutional Convention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Fried Chicken posted:

Walker got smacked about by polling, Wisconsinites now rate him 41-56 for approval, a drop of 8 points. Worse, Hilary is ahead by 12 against him in his home state.

At a New Hampshire Youth Town Hall, Rick Perry went on a tangent complaining about the 1980 Olympic boycott. Pick your punchline: 1) I'm surprised he could remember that 2) truly, millennialist care about something that happened well before even the oldest of them were born 3) uh....

Cloven Bundy mk2 is underway in Oregon over a mine. The owners of the Sugar Pine Mine have mineral rights and assert they also have surface rights, the BLM says surface rights were ceded in 1961. Rather than address the issue with the usual appeal process in court, one of the owners reached out to the Oath Keepers, rather annoying his partner and BLM. Because then militia nuts gotta nut, and they put out a "call to arms" and all of a sudden a bunch of armed assholes who want to shoot federal agents are all over the place. The owner who made the call is now trying to get them to leave and stop calling the BLM and making threats, which is having no effect. There's a lesson in here about business interests aligning with far right nuts to try and avoid a minor inconvenience of regulation, and it turning into a raving shitshow, but I think we are all familiar with the pattern by now

Cruz gave the usual far right "2nd amendment to oppose government tyranny" thing that works great if you are a radio host, but is idiotic if you are a member of the federal government, much less running for president. Lindsey Graham stepped up to smack him down saying "we tried that once in South Carolina. I wouldn't go down that road again." And "I'm not looking for an insurrection. I'm looking to defeat Hillary. We're not going to out-gun her"

That 73 year old "reserve officer" in Tulsa who bought himself a gun, badge, and license to kill (which he then used against Eric Harris)? Tulsa World is now reporting his training paperwork was signed off without him ever doing it. Which should surprise no one, since the point of these reserve officer programs is to sell a gun, badge, and license to kill, not to allow people to work hard and earn them. After all, if they wanted to work, train, and study to earn the power that comes with being a cop, they'd do that in the first place.

Gyro copter guy apparently emailed info@barackobama.com about his impending flight before he did it, that said email included information of his takeoff time, planned flight path, estimated landing, and a caution that shooting him down would "be a bigger headache than letting me deliver these letters to congress". This will apparently be part of his defense.

Mass grave was found near Tikrit with 165 bodies in it. Keep an eye out for info on autopsies as that will indicate which faction was responsible.

The House passed a package of bills "aimed at curbing IRS abuses". one of them would shield billions in 501c4 donations by their favorite donors from the gift tax

Here is a cool series of info graphics and an explainer about where your state gets its money

all trolling aside, nice write up.

I did not know he wrote Info@barack... although no one ever monitors that e-mail anyway. He should have gotten in contact with his state senator and tried to go the right way for protesting... get authorities involved, etc.

looks like Tikrit bodies found was during Saddam Hussein regime.

• Locked thread