Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Scrambles posted:

Why the gently caress didn't anyone tell me Sigh had a new album coming? It's called Graveward and just leaked.

Because you should just assume that Sigh has a new album coming out at any given point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Also, re: Ghost

For a long while we'd have some random GBSer who has never posted in the metal thread come by and say "Hey guys have you heard of Ghost?" or "Hey what else would I like that sounds like Ghost?" and it just grew tiresome.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

henpod posted:

Here it is on Youtube, for now at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92yZvSCV8aU

Maybe its an early mix, but the production seems pretty raw.

It's on Spotify as well. I'm liking the production, seems a bit rawer than In Somniphobia, but only appropriately so.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Because you should just assume that Sigh has a new album coming out at any given point.

The best thing I ever discovered about Sigh is this:

Scorn Defeat (1993)
Infidel Art (1995)
Ghastly Funeral Theatre (1997)
Hail Horror Hail (1997)
Scenario IV: Dread Dreams (1999)
Imaginary Sonicscape (2001)
Gallows Gallery (2005)
Hangman's Hymn (2007)
Scenes from Hell (2010)
In Somniphobia (2012)
Graveward (2015)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
eh, Barathrum did it better.

edit: also, less Ghost talk and more cool metal talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSd3ICHzJR8

MrBling fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 13, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
That is indeed some cool metal.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

MrBling posted:

eh, Barathrum did it better.

Heil So. VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KOP3OMB9qA

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Out of CO so that explains the knives
my kids call it a baby eating shirt so I geuss thats a win

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Thats a bad**s shirt. Here's what I wear to work and dates

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

funeral fag posted:

does it have a pair of dice on the back though? also a distinct lack of mudflap girl

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Not enough Goku on that button-up, so I wouldn't call it formal.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

I wear this shirt to signify that nobody else knows me becuase I'm like a wolf and a loner but I like being alone okay

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

New Enslaved has a lot of tasty riffs. I like this band. I think I missed the last one or two albums but man they just keep chugging along don't they?

Here's a good song that isn't Enslaved,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7s2dEKbQWFE

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funeral fag posted:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Hammer Floyd posted:

I wear this shirt to signify that nobody else knows me becuase I'm like a wolf and a loner but I like being alone okay

What's your favorite Iced Earth album?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Zodijackylite posted:

What's your favorite Iced Earth album?
sonata arctica buddy

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
but seriously guys, just listen to this album all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyutTOfguw8

it is the best.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
wolfshirts in the dorm room

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Great album title right here. Which genre though? Power metal's too easy a pick. Traditional metal, like manowar style is my vote.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

This was my favorite thread title.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jeremy_X posted:

Great album title right here. Which genre though? Power metal's too easy a pick. Traditional metal, like manowar style is my vote.

whatever band did that megaman rock opera

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Edit: Pish posh, there's a better thread for this!

Rime fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 16, 2015

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Spanish Manlove posted:

whatever band did that megaman rock opera

Protomen!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Don't they play at, like, PAX and MAGfest every year? Or is that Minibosses? Or both?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Never enuff doom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yCzN7pPQHE

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LnTC4IhFxo

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 16, 2015

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm seeing Exodus for the first time tomorrow and I am loving stoooooooked

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Varg posted:

One week for me, Show gonna own so much.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Varg posted:

Saw them back in November. They're loving insane live. Have fun! :cool:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Here's one for the Americans in here

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The new Malthusian album is frightening and awesome. This is basically what I wish Portal sounded like every time I listen to Portal.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

Pseudogod are cool but would probably need a good opener to convince me to go.

EDIT: Wait, are Pseudogod the opener? That font up top is totally illegible.

Double edit: Nope, that is Pseudogod's logo. I'll pretend it's supposed to be cyrillic.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Apr 17, 2015

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

A human heart posted:

Unless they're a show in Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh/Philly, then it looks like I'm going to Brooklyn.

david crosby
Mar 2, 2007

caiman posted:

The new Malthusian album is frightening and awesome. This is basically what I wish Portal sounded like every time I listen to Portal.

Before it got released, you could only listen to the last song on band camp. I did that approx. 20 times, and I thought it was gonna be the top track in the album, becuz it rules pretty hard. It is so insane that the first songs are even better, somehow.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
I'll admit it, I'm a new school sissy wuss who wants music to sound good, and I get really disappointed every time one of my favorite bands decide their album should have a "raw" sound. Almost like a wasted record. There's some sick stuff on the new Sigh, I'd pay a good deal to hear it with modern production. At least 1990s production.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Fiskiggy posted:

I'll admit it, I'm a new school sissy wuss who wants music to sound good, and I get really disappointed every time one of my favorite bands decide their album should have a "raw" sound. Almost like a wasted record. There's some sick stuff on the new Sigh, I'd pay a good deal to hear it with modern production. At least 1990s production.

I don't think it sounds like pre-90s. And also (my idea of) an ultra crisp modern production would probably ruin the whole record for me (as it does everything). Based on two listens, I think the production suits the album perfectly. But yeah, YMMV.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.
I wouldn't describe Hangman's Hymn through In Somniphobia as "ultra crisp modern production", but Graveyard is... something else.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Fiskiggy posted:

I wouldn't describe Hangman's Hymn through In Somniphobia as "ultra crisp modern production", but Graveyard is... something else.

I don't think it differed all that much from the previous ones.

Edit: If you were listening to the youtube version posted last page, I see your point.

Frank Caskelot fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 17, 2015

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Turk February posted:

Unless they're a show in Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh/Philly, then it looks like I'm going to Brooklyn.

Nobody comes to Detroit anymore :(

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Horrendous was there a few months ago with Prosanctus Inferi supporting. There was absolutely zero promotion for the gig and I only heard about it the day of, so it was too late for me to make the trip up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Dude I talked to at a show last week said the same thing but I'm pretty sure I see more Detroit tour dates pop up on my RSS than anything on this side of the state. The dude said Detroit audiences were bad hipsters and bands didn't like playing there anymore I think? I can't say one way or the other, never really been out that way.