Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Djarum posted:

Yup. I think the LOTDK Clayface is supposed to be him. He doesn't have the bowl but still has parts of the containment suit on.

I have that one and his heroclix piece and it's just not the same :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Is there a separate thread for Star Wars toys or is this it? I see a lot of comic book nerds talking about comic book toys but wonder if there is place where Star Wars nerds talks about Star Wars toys.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think so. We talked about finding Boba Fetts and the Black Series before.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
The only SW toys in the pipeline I'm keeping up with is the 3A x Starwars crossover. Not that I can afford 3A anymore.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Is there a separate thread for Star Wars toys or is this it? I see a lot of comic book nerds talking about comic book toys but wonder if there is place where Star Wars nerds talks about Star Wars toys.

Yeah, talk about 'em here. I talk about Masked rider things here too, and I figure at least someone's reading about it and going 'oh hey that's neat' but not really having anything commentworthy to continue the conversation.

I also enjoy star wars toys, really looking forward to the new movie line.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They're talking about some Star Wars toys on the live stream right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBx5OqAWeW0

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Yes, they're making a comic themed 5-pack coming out sometime later this year.

And now there is some info about this 5 pack! Apparently it is going to be 120 bucks and an Entertainment Earth exclusive. http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=18855

I normally buy these 5 packs, but since most of these are repacks, I'm going to just bum a Gamora on ebay.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

I have the pieces that came with DD and 2099, want both sets?

I got my own 2099 just the other day so I only need Daredevil, thanks though!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Vaporware posted:

The only SW toys in the pipeline I'm keeping up with is the 3A x Starwars crossover. Not that I can afford 3A anymore.

3A stuff is always balls to the wall awesome but I think I loving need this

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

This thread definitely grew beyond just "action figures" but since the main Star Wars lines are action figures then yeah, this is the place.

MooselanderII posted:

And now there is some info about this 5 pack! Apparently it is going to be 120 bucks and an Entertainment Earth exclusive. http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=18855

I normally buy these 5 packs, but since most of these are repacks, I'm going to just bum a Gamora on ebay.

I like the classic Gamora, but I really wish we were getting the team in those white suits they had in the current run.

Mainly because I want that new Guardians Venom.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 17, 2015

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Rhyno posted:

What's the general consensus on the Hero Mashers line? I have a Hawkeye that I bought for the sake of Hawkguy and it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I ask because the newly opened 5 Below has a crapload of the Marvel line for $5 each. I'm thinking they could also be a distraction from all my stuff in the detolfs when we babysit our friends with kids stop over.

They are pretty cool, my son loves them. I would really like to know what they were thinking when they decided who/what to release though. Not a single female figure yet, not even Black Widow. Some of the figures have really good articulation, some don't. Sometimes they release the head/arm of one guy packaged together with another, but then release the whole figure separately later, for example if you bought all the figures you would have 3 duplicates of A-Bomb's head.

My son likes Colossus, but so far they have only released his head and hands (which are huge) so I had to put together a bad homemade version.

The head for Colossus came with the Juggernaut figure. Also included were these two weird pistol things. They kinda look like arm pieces but are not. Why waste the time/effort/money to include these? What are they?

And I have no idea what the story is with this retarded hulk guy but he comes with a pizza and a half-eaten hamburger which is just so loving random.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Disco De Soto posted:

They are pretty cool, my son loves them. I would really like to know what they were thinking when they decided who/what to release though. Not a single female figure yet, not even Black Widow.

You can't have kids putting male heads on female torsos.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

NotAnArtist posted:

3A stuff is always balls to the wall awesome but I think I loving need this

I would jump onboard, but I have too many dolls to display tastefully already. It's hardly a difficult piece to fit into my collection, but I haven't yet figured out a display arrangement. I'll be knee deep in shippers if I let myself buy everything I have wanted lately.

I'm drawn to the glassed bookcase, very museum, but it doesn't feel right for 3A's dirty look. They'd do better in some sort of model railroad diorama shadowbox, but :effort:

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

I think there is a pretty big overlap in the Venn diagram of comic book/star wars toy nerds.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
To make a point. Star Wars Black Ahsoka from Rebels:

Hopefully they'll make other characters from Rebels soon, the figures they have released have had the least articulation in years.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

You can't have kids putting male heads on female torsos.

Marvel Super Hero Mashsexuals!

I guess it's understandable they would want to avoid that.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Disco De Soto posted:

Marvel Super Hero Mashsexuals!

I guess it's understandable they would want to avoid that.

What? How so?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I'm joking, although maybe in the USA some parents would be uncomfortable with their 5 year old playing with transsexual superhero toys. It's funny to think maybe that's the reason they haven't released any female masher figures.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

To make a point. Star Wars Black Ahsoka from Rebels:

Hopefully they'll make other characters from Rebels soon, the figures they have released have had the least articulation in years.

This figure is really good. I wish the quality of the Black series was more consistent. I sigh at my derpy eyed Jedi Luke.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Don't worry, they can still screw up her paint!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MooselanderII posted:

This figure is really good. I wish the quality of the Black series was more consistent. I sigh at my derpy eyed Jedi Luke.

Every Diamond Select Black Widow (comics) figure I've seen has her wall-eyed.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Shortly after completing my yellow 89 belt, I had the chance to swap the buckle for a shiny gold one, so of course I had to jump on it. Then I had do a new belt in gold to match. Accuracy be damned, I love this.

I still have a bit of work to do on the display case.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I love it. Screen accurate or not, the yellow always looked silly to me.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That looks amazing. I also agree that the gold makes it look like a more premium product.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a way to get a replacement part for a Play Arts display stand? I just now opened the stand for my Man of Steel Superman and it was missing a part right out of the package.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rhyno posted:

Is there a way to get a replacement part for a Play Arts display stand? I just now opened the stand for my Man of Steel Superman and it was missing a part right out of the package.

Outside of Japan and maybe some other parts of Southeast Asia? Probably not. You'd either want to use a middle-man service for Japan to try and have them get the part or just get in touch with wherever/whoever you bought it from to see if they could exchange it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zebulon posted:

Outside of Japan and maybe some other parts of Southeast Asia? Probably not. You'd either want to use a middle-man service for Japan to try and have them get the part or just get in touch with wherever/whoever you bought it from to see if they could exchange it.

Drat.

I bought it through my store a full year ago and it's long out of stock. The stands are all the same though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well poo poo, I'm gonna be poor on November

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT RED HOOD STATUE
SCULPTED BY MAJID ESMAEILI
From the highly anticipated Batman: Arkham Knight video game from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Rocksteady Studios comes the next intricately detailed statue of the vigilante Red Hood.
Measures Approximately 10.5" Tall
$124.95 US • On Sale November 2015 * Allocations May Occur

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why is he just standing there? That's so boring. He should be posed sliding down a banister while shooting both guns.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've never understood why Batman lets a dude run around with his symbol on shooting guns everywhere. Batman is pretty gun-averse.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Travis343 posted:

I've never understood why Batman lets a dude run around with his symbol on shooting guns everywhere. Batman is pretty gun-averse.

It's pretty hard to take the moral high ground on someone who can play the "you let a psychopath beat me to death when I was 12" card.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well poo poo, I'm gonna be poor on November

$124.95 US • On Sale November 2015 * Allocations May Occur

You have around 6.5 months to save up $125. :cheeky:

That's $20/month. Come on man! haha

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Why is this the only Anarky figure? He looks nothing like that in any of his comic incarnations, and I'd love a proper figure.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

boom boom boom posted:

It's pretty hard to take the moral high ground on someone who can play the "you let a psychopath beat me to death when I was 12" card.

Batman was powerless against the weight of hundreds of thousands of comic book nerds who really really wanted Jason dead.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

You have around 6.5 months to save up $125. :cheeky:

That's $20/month. Come on man! haha

I know isn't THAT much but remember that I'm in :mexico: the shipping fees and currency changes increase the price considerably and it just keeps adding. On December Kotobukiya will release their own Red Hood statue

Travis343 posted:

On the N52, Bruce has come to terms with Jason's methods and is actually vouching for him.

Is a moot point on Arkham Knight though, Jason has a Red Bird, not a Red Bat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hit a snag in getting the whole Avengers line-up in Hot Toys figures.

The Age of Ultron one has that bad face sculpt so I kind of don't want that one, but since Hawkeye hasn't been in anything else there is no other one besides the Avengers 1 figure. And since that was so long ago they go for just silly prices.

Maybe I'll have to get AoU Hawkeye and put some sunglasses on him.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

The Age of Ultron one has that bad face sculpt so I kind of don't want that one, but since Hawkeye hasn't been in anything else there is no other one besides the Avengers 1 figure. And since that was so long ago they go for just silly prices.

Always a chance they'll fix the proto-sculpt, but yeah, that first Hawkeye is crazy expensive now

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

The non-promo pic of the head sculpt looks pretty good

[img]http://i.imgur.com/oJU6Y0P.jpg][/img]

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Anyone here been picking up the Batman TAS figures they have been releasing? I was looking at Two-Face over the weekend and was pretty impressed by all the cool accessories he came with. Trying to decide if I want to jump into the line now since I can still get all the releases up to this point for decent prices.

I'm sad to see that the Mr. Freeze they have released is the New style, but it looks like they are going to be doing two styles for a few people. At least the Catwoman is not the redesign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

On the N52, Bruce has come to terms with Jason's methods and is actually vouching for him.

I would pay $5 a month for a service that sends me a telegram when DC stops being such poo poo. I really miss DC in the 90s/early 2000s.