Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
The difference in power between ki supers/ultimates and strike ones is pretty absurd. Most of the ki ultimates are devastating death beams/balls that strip away entire health bears, but all of the strikes save for like, blue hurricane do piddly amounts of damage and are significantly harder to hit with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Mimsy posted:

The difference in power between ki supers/ultimates and strike ones is pretty absurd. Most of the ki ultimates are devastating death beams/balls that strip away entire health bears, but all of the strikes save for like, blue hurricane do piddly amounts of damage and are significantly harder to hit with.

Yeah, I've kind of stopped using Victory Rush due to this. I'd rather use a move like Evil Whirlwind as it does good damage, reliably hits, and I don't believe you can be knocked out of it. I don't have all the Strike Ultimates so there may be another decent one there, but Blue Hurricane seems to be the only one worth using.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, I've made a Strike character and the only Super I tend to really use is that one you get at the very beginning that let's you hold down the button to extend it.

A new patch just hit a couple hours ago, any idea what's in it?

EDIT: Never-mind, someone cracked it open already. It's data for DLC 3, just some costumes, the Whis outfits for Goku and Vegeta. Not unlocked yet, so I don't know why they put them in already.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 17, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Emong posted:

It's not my picture, some guy on reddit is reporting that it got stealth added with the last patch. Supposedly it also works with ultimates.
This dude is wrong, I got that on release day. It just seems to be the ki-super equivalent of the flurry-and-break-with-a-ki-bar dramatic moment; I have no idea how it determines who wins. I imagine it's just rare, and all you goons seem to be doing Strike Supers anyway, so it makes sense it wouldn't come up a lot.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have been all lasers since day one and I have never seen this.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if playable Demigra will be in DLC3.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Fargin Icehole posted:

What the hell was that "...Guys?" Trunks said? Did they accidentally add the actor saying that?

Pretty much. Don't know that there's a story for it, just that that's blatantly what it is. I skipped most of the dialogue first time through but noticed it because they made a big deal of it in the Team Four Star DBXV LP.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
That threw me for such a loop. I usually listen to a podcast instead of game audio, but, for whatever reason, put my headphones in just in time to hear that flub. It might have been better to not have put a voice in.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I cut Trunks some slack on that line because he's in the middle of being retconned out of existence, maybe his vocal chords are going first. Or something. I'll be honest I didn't notice it until someone else brought it up later.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Kelp Plankton posted:

NPCs are built out of costume bits just like players so she should have it turn gold.

That's neat then.

Flytrap posted:

A new patch just hit a couple hours ago, any idea what's in it?

EDIT: Never-mind, someone cracked it open already. It's data for DLC 3, just some costumes, the Whis outfits for Goku and Vegeta. Not unlocked yet, so I don't know why they put them in already.

Apparently, wearing the SSJ Goku wig while wearing the outfit will cause it to become Super Cyan instead.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I have this to say, Holy Crap, Giant Storm does a crapload of damage!!!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

He mentions an extra wig in the notes, so I think it's separate from the Golden SSJ hairdo.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Please let God Ki Release be some sort of high powered Kaioken for all races while only Saiyans can go Cyan.:allears:

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Crabtree posted:

Please let God Ki Release be some sort of high powered Kaioken for all races while only Saiyans can go Cyan.:allears:

I didn't see that power mentioned anywhere. Where was that mentioned? I'm really hyped about what that could be.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Do we actually have a mumble server or something comparable? The steam group is not really useful if you want to actually play with other goons.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Does anyone know the Ultimate Finish for the last PQ, the Towa/Mira one? I don't think it's time (unless I'm meant to clear it in a minute or so), it's not allies (because you get none), and it's not "beat Towa/Mira before the other" (I tried that). I mean, it might just be RNG, but it might be something else entirely.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Blaze Dragon posted:

Does anyone know the Ultimate Finish for the last PQ, the Towa/Mira one? I don't think it's time (unless I'm meant to clear it in a minute or so), it's not allies (because you get none), and it's not "beat Towa/Mira before the other" (I tried that). I mean, it might just be RNG, but it might be something else entirely.

It's just beat it under 3 minutes. I guess you're just unlucky!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just trash Towa and Mira in under three minutes, and they get back up and summon a Patroller. Kill all three of them in your remaining two minutes and (I assume) you get the Ultimate Finish. I can't kill those fuckers that fast. Nobody can.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

YggiDee posted:

Just trash Towa and Mira in under three minutes, and they get back up and summon a Patroller. Kill all three of them in your remaining two minutes and (I assume) you get the Ultimate Finish. I can't kill those fuckers that fast. Nobody can.

Just use online rooms. It's not that rough when three breathing humans are doing it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

YggiDee posted:

I used my Level 65 Sayian lady, Lattitude, with Freeza's first Mentor Z Soul, Freeza as my mentor, Super Vegeta 2, Supernova and had Gogeta and God Goku as my NPCs.

Wrecked them to hell and back and got a Z rank for it.

So it can be done! Just if you're SUPER CHEAP and have two punching bags to draw attention away from you though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

YggiDee posted:

I did it with my level 82 Saiyan, with two Pans as allies (so they didn't add much). Just Ultimate Charge to full then spam Perfect Kamehameha.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I did it with my level 82 Saiyan, with two Pans as allies (so they didn't add much). Just Ultimate Charge to full then spam Perfect Kamehameha.

You mean Maximum Charge?

Or did they add a fourth one

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
SSGSS Goku and Vegeta confirmed for the last DLC pack:

And Old Kai is somehow going to be a mentor.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why the heck do we get "old kai" instead of King Kai

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Why the heck do we get "old kai" instead of King Kai

Maybe we'll get Potential Unlocked for our characters?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Potsticker posted:

Just use online rooms. It's not that rough when three breathing humans are doing it.

That was the first thing I tried, but I have almost never managed to finish an online PQ and I have to face that it's my connection that's making GBS threads out. As for the rest of you, I'm not playing a Saiyan. I have to do this as a human weenie.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don;t even know who the heck old kai is. Anyone after the Cell Saga, I don't know em.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Kaioken x20, Recoome Kick, Oh Well Done! Z-Soul, Blue Hurricane against the ceiling. Works every time. Most of the time.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

YggiDee posted:

That was the first thing I tried, but I have almost never managed to finish an online PQ and I have to face that it's my connection that's making GBS threads out. As for the rest of you, I'm not playing a Saiyan. I have to do this as a human weenie.

Might I suggest Giant Storm, Gigantic Meteor or Assault Rain? As long as your human is a decent level, even if you have zero points in Ki Supers these attacks do enough damage and auto track to the point you should be able to get the Ultimate Finish.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I made a new Goku today. His name is DANCE MASTAH. He wears bright neon colors, Roshi's rad shades, and all of his attacks are Ginyu Poses and the Parapara Dance. And body change. PvP here I come!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Horrible Taste posted:

SSGSS Goku and Vegeta confirmed for the last DLC pack:

And Old Kai is somehow going to be a mentor.

So Jaco won't be playable? :ohdear:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's really too bad you can't see character names outside of Tokitoki when playing with people.

Emong
May 31, 2011

SilverSupernova posted:

So Jaco won't be playable? :ohdear:

He will be, he was just a pre-order bonus in Japan, so they don't get him with this DLC.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Doesn't preorder stuff come with the 3rd DLC? I'll be bummed if I don't end up getting SSJ4 Vegeta at some point

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
well here's my character Gelato and his current loadout and stats, any advice on what to do with him?;

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Humans and Blue Hurricane go together like oil and fire. :P I COULD NOT win the mission until I got rid of my allies and Blue Hurricane'd my enemies to death. I have 6 ki bars, was using 'No more games!' and Perfect Kamehameha. Other skills being maximum charge(which I didn't have time to use due to MIra) Recoome Kick, Gravity Impact and ....is it Shining Blade? The trunks sword move that teleports you to your enemy when you hold it and stabs them even if they are flying at max speed away from you when you appear. If you land Blue Hurricane your natural ki regeneration should refill at minimum 1 bar of your ki before you are out of it so I can use it three times in a row basically with only 6, and a bit, ki bars. I use perfect Kamehameha to face tank any ultimates coming my way and return fire through them.(This also works with 'Citizens of the universe, lend me your power!' and Super Spirit Bomb which has the added benefit of taking more time when you have any to spare and holding your enemy in place for you to recover ki or health.....also that they just love to run up and punch your invincible face during it and therefor get hit by the ball before you've even finished throwing it a lot of the time.)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Horrible Taste posted:

Maybe we'll get Potential Unlocked for our characters?

That'd make sense, since that's one of the skills that are in the game but can't be obtained at all. Plus, it's a transformation that requires no model changes whatsoever, making it perfect to give to the CACs...and besides, it'd give something to the non-Saiyans, so I'm totally cool with it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Potential Unlocked is basically Super Saiyan without the hair change right?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Potential Unlocked is basically Super Saiyan without the hair change right?

Yeah, I believe it's basically identical to Super Saiyan 3 mechanically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

-Fish- posted:

I didn't see that power mentioned anywhere. Where was that mentioned? I'm really hyped about what that could be.

Its just a dumb name I threw up for being on a power level par with post Battle of the Gods Goku and Beerus. Let every type of CAC have it as its basically Kaioken but with red hair if they don't want to share Potential Unlocked.

I really hope they officially trim down SSGSS to just True Super Saiyan God in the dub. We'll still have Cyan and blue jokes, but for the sake of the voice actors alone they should probably cut out some of the redundant poo poo.

• Locked thread