Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

If I wrote a FAQ for Donkey Kong 64, the "special thanks" section would say "Thanks to Nintendo are Rare for making a great game."
If you wrote an FAQ it wouldn't have a special thanks section, but it might have a special ed section... the whole drat thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
e: ^^^^ people who write "an FAQ" smell like rotten 7-up

hubris.height posted:

bespoke artisanal shroom tea

You can't see it, but I'm making a very sour face

Bicyclops posted:

If I wrote a FAQ for Donkey Kong 64, the "special thanks" section would say "Thanks to Nintendo are Rare for making a great game."

I'm like 99% sure the "special thanks" for Starcraft 1 or maybe it was Diablo 1 or 2 had an entry for "420"

Duuuuuude.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Bicyclops posted:

Mine would have a giant rear end ASCII banana in the beginning for no apparent reason, which doesn't even properly line up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bicyclops posted:

mine would say "thanks to microsoft for buying rare and making sure they never made a sequel to the digital abomination that is DK64"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

precision posted:

you can't smoke mushrooms, smdh

o ye of little faith

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
*to the tune of a town cryer yelling hear ye* smoke weed smoke weed smoke weed

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stux posted:

mine would say "thanks to microsoft for buying rare and making sure they never made a sequel to the digital abomination that is DK64"

Oh yeah? Well you'd have had to play the whole game and write about it, so the joke would be on you, stux!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bicyclops posted:

Oh yeah? Well you'd have had to play the whole game and write about it, so the joke would be on you, stux!!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

precision posted:

You can't see it, but I'm making a very sour face

i see you are familiar with 'BearPissİ brand' Shroomtea then

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Drugs are stupid

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'm stupid high, on life.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Careful with that poo poo, it can kill ya if you stop too quickly

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ekster posted:

I'm stupid high, on life.

The cereal or the board game?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
counter-argument: drugs/alcohol and a night with katamari, nobi nobi boy, and any harmonix game is a very good time

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

counter-argument: drugs/alcohol and a night with katamari, nobi nobi boy, and any harmonix game is a very good time

Or Rez + vibrator . Or Rez Hd + 4 360 vibrating controllers.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
If you do enough drugs, bio wares writing seems bearable.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Nasgate posted:

If you do enough drugs, bio wares writing seems bearable.

a friend knows one of the writers for 2 (and i think some missions in 3) and im not sure how she doesnt long for death every day based on the fanbase + her coworkers in 3

maybe she does and i dont know it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Stux posted:

DK64 is great though?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Surprise Anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Or what about touching fuzzy to get... dizzy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Going to be poo poo like most DICE games

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Comes out in six months and still has no actual in game footage. Gonna be great, better pre-order this cause there's no chance this EA game will be a poo poo-show at launch.

Byde
Apr 15, 2013

by Lowtax

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Comes out in six months and still has no actual in game footage. Gonna be great, better pre-order this cause there's no chance this EA game will be a poo poo-show at launch.

is it going to have a better framerate than the previous battlefronts

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I would like to give a special thanks to marijuana, for enhancing every video game experience.

Thanks. :waycool:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

I would like to give a special thanks to marijuana, for enhancing every video game experience.

:agreed:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I used to smoke pot in high school and a bit of college and also play video games while high, but then I turned 22 and realized that doing it above that age is just sad

edit: Can confirm though that katamari + high = good

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Byde posted:

is it going to have a better framerate than the previous battlefronts
Maybe?

http://stevivor.com/2015/04/dice-star-wars-battlefront-will-run-at-60fps-across-all-three-platforms-aiming-for-photo-realism/

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Thanks. :waycool:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know where to post this:

There was a game on Station.com called Tanaris. You could play force wars where you were in a tank and the tanks were on maps with ramps and holes in the floor and poo poo. The force part was using force missles that do NO damage, but push other tanks away a good distance, with the trick being to push them over the edge or way up into the air, killing them upon impact.

It was awesome.

I looked into Tanaris recently and I can't get it to work. Do any goons know where I can get into Tanaris and play some sweet, sweet 1999 Force Wars?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

They used a bold font for Actual In Game Footage

also watch it look much worse at release once they decide to add a user interface, 50 billion units on screen, and online functions.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

They used a bold font for Actual In Game Footage

also watch it look much worse at release once they decide to add a user interface, 50 billion units on screen, and online functions.

lmao if you take pre-release trailers as an actual example of what the game will look like

im a shameful pc gamer, i basically just want the game to look like it came out after 2004 or so. really animations are a much more important thing to me visually

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the greatest game is life and weed is its baller cheat code for max fun vidcon times.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
weed gives you bullet time in real life

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

weed gives you bullet time in real life

only instead of bullets you're dodging responsibilities :krad:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The first time I ever played Bulletstorm I was shitfaced and it made the opening level where you play as a drunk space rear end in a top hat wreaking havoc on a space ship that much greater.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bulletstorm is great and all the people who like Bulletstorm are super nice. :)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i bought bulletstorm on the promise of steve blum and jennifer hale making dick jokes at each other but i still havent played

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I liked Bulletstorm and I didn't mind the immature humor because I knew about it going in, but boy, the way they left it on a sequel hook that will literally never be resolved is annoying.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bulletstorm is a game that makes the line "Here comes Butterdick Jones and his heavenly rear end in a top hat machine!" feel genuine.

That takes some doing, and you should respect the writer who could pull that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Did... did Silent hills just get cancelled!? :gonk:

• Locked thread