Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

drakegrim posted:

again, typing on a phone, don't care, don't miss the point of the statement.

We are not missing a thing:

JT Jag posted:

You hate black people, we get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Amergin posted:

Hey, hey. Hey. I don't "fart around with computers," I engage in enlightening debates and discussion about politics. On the computer. At work.

"Mic Drop" bang!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Amergin posted:

Hey, hey. Hey. I don't "fart around with computers," I engage in enlightening debates and discussion about politics. On the computer. At work.

Another example of a Republican who is completely useless at his job but still believes he has "earned" a good wage. What a shocker.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

SedanChair posted:

We are not missing a thing:

please start a post in FYAD and talk about why you hate whites, ill meet you there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

drakegrim posted:

please start a post in FYAD and talk about why you hate whites, ill meet you there.
You first.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Drakegrim is a retarded person. Why are you all wasting time talking to him when there's a national tragedy unfolding right now?

Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood

quote:

A semitruck rolled early Friday, spilling a load of honeybees on the Interstate 5 median at the Interstate 405 interchange near Lynnwood.

Beekeepers were at the crash site within an hour of the 3:30 a.m. crash to try to round up the honeybees, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT).

As temperatures warmed and the bees became agitated, firefighters killed the bees by spraying a mixture of foam and water on the hives that hadn’t been recovered by beekeepers, said Sgt. Ben Lewis of the State Patrol.

“Everybody’s been stung,” Lewis said.

Traffic remained backed up on northbound I-5 as the accident was cleared, according to WSDOT.

When driving through the area, WSDOT advised keeping vehicle windows and vents closed.

“Lots of stinging going on,” according to WSDOT.

The semi was exiting I-405 onto northbound I-5 when the driver lost control, hit the guardrail and spilled the bee boxes, Lewis said.

Authorities are looking into whether speed was an issue in the crash, Sgt. Keith Leary said.

The truck held 458 hives holding as many as 14 million bees, Leary said. The honeybees, headed from Sunnyside, Yakima County, to a blueberry farm in Lynden, Whatcom County, were worth $92,000, he said.

Seth Thompson, of Belleville Farms, said the company was able to save some hives. It’s a huge blow for the business heading into summer, he said.

“We saved 128 hives before the sun came up and it got too nice,” he said.

The company has about 8,000 hives, Thompson said. “This is 400 of them. It’s a bad deal — a couple hundred thousand dollars for sure.”

The semi driver was not injured, according to the State Patrol. The clean up was expected to be lengthy.

14 million bees. This is one of the worst disasters I've ever seen.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Who What Now posted:

Yes, "present day" racism. *pulls quote from 1984*

Which is probably an indicator of the age of the person who compiled that forwarded email that he copy-pasted in the first place. Get used to more Republican shitposters as the election approaches. Drakegrim, now added to my ignore list of two. And Amergin is a gently caress of a lot smarter than that sad sack.

ED: Or actually I think I'll sit and watch the punch n judy for a little bit. Can't yet rule out tha tDrakegrim is just some kind of clever shtick poster either.

SnakePlissken fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 17, 2015

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Amergin posted:

Well you gotta do something in between orders, and if you have to be in the office then you might as well
Hell, we can't judge.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Another example of a Republican who is completely useless at his job but still believes he has "earned" a good wage. What a shocker.

i'm as much a republican as you are a conservative.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Lynnwood is several miles north of me, not my problem. It's every man, woman and bee for themselves.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

drakegrim posted:

So you're an independent who thinks Republicans don't go far enough in their lynch the darkies agenda but you vote straight-ticket R anyway.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drakegrim posted:

When was the last time you voted for someone who had a (D) next to their name?

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

SnakePlissken posted:

Which is probably an indicator of the age of the person who compiled that forwarded email that he copy-pasted in the first place. Get used to more Republican shitposters as the election approaches. Drakegrim, now added to my ignore list of two. And Amergin is a gently caress of a lot smarter than that sad sack.

don't be mad bro, just remember that ignorance knows no time, regardless when it was said. And don't forget to put your ignorance to the side and look at all the present day quotes :a2m:

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Who What Now posted:

When was the last time you voted for someone who had a (D) next to their name?

Obama first term when i was in the military. That was back in my raging liberal years.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

drakegrim posted:

*violently and repeatedly pulls the lever marked 'Republican'*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drakegrim posted:

Obama first term when i was in the military. That was back in my raging liberal years.

Mm-hmm. And was this before or after you totally got a for real job as a contractor for the DoD?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

drakegrim posted:

don't be mad bro, just remember that ignorance knows no time, regardless when it was said. And don't forget to put your ignorance to the side and look at all the present day quotes :a2m:

Surprise, the whole country is racist. But many of those quotes are not racist, and only a racist would give them as examples of racism. For example the "typical white person" quote is only used by unabashed, flaming racists.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

JT Jag posted:

So you're an independent who thinks Republicans don't go far enough in their lynch the darkies agenda but you vote straight-ticket R anyway.

this is a really good forum beside twitter to see how liberals really think and feel. Let me guess, you think giving jobs to terrorist and giving them min wage will make everything all better

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Don't tell anyone this, but the wage market has several structural issues that prevent wages from reaching their natural equilibrium.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

SedanChair posted:

Surprise, the whole country is racist. But many of those quotes are not racist, and only a racist would give them as examples of racism. For example the "typical white person" quote is only used by unabashed, flaming racists.

did you create that new thread yet?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

drakegrim posted:

this is a really good forum beside twitter to see how liberals really think and feel. Let me guess, you think giving jobs to terrorist and giving them min wage will make everything all better
I believe there's an economic component to the instability in the Middle East, and that you'd be foolish to think otherwise.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

FaustianQ posted:

*violently and repeatedly pulls the lever marked 'Republican'*

come one now, im pretty sure through the post you can see i am clearly an independant conservative which i why i poo poo on both party's while playing the ultimate poo game clash of clans.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Welp time to ignore this thread for the next 30 pages

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

JT Jag posted:

I believe there's an economic component to the instability in the Middle East, and that you'd be foolish to think otherwise.

not our place to give them jobs, or tools to create nukes... that's like saying " lets give this M15 assault rifle to a mentally handicap 8 year old boy"

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Darkegrim is a gimmick account. There's no way a real person could make this much of an rear end of themselves across this many threads unless they already knew what they were doing.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

drakegrim posted:

did you create that new thread yet?

And this is typical racist behavior of course: identifying racists who despise black people means that you hate white people. I have news for you, the world doesn't run on hate like your brain does.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Is it bad that all I've gotten from the last few pages is the warm glow of affection for Amergin? Why are you guys even responding to this other guy? He doesn't even have cogent arguments.

Oh yeah I just saw a NYT article about how Huckabee is teasing running for prez. I pity the dumb fucks who donate to him.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

drakegrim posted:

No, I'm all for taking their children away and shutting their compounds down.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Voyager I posted:

Darkegrim is a gimmick account. There's no way a real person could make this much of an rear end of themselves across this many threads unless they already knew what they were doing.

your close, but who am i?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Voyager I posted:

No way someone would make only $50k with IT experience as a vet with clearance.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

CheesyDog posted:

Welp time to ignore this thread for the next 30 pages

USPol April Transcript:

Man 1: Hey guys, I'm retarded!

Man 2: Hey man, you're retarded!

Man 1: *feels less alone or something*

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

drakegrim posted:

your close, but who am i?

Buy me another avatar about it.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

drakegrim posted:

http://news.mcdonalds.com/press-releases/mcdonald-s-usa-announces-new-employee-benefit-package-including-wage-increase-an-nyse-mcd-1185520

McDonalds did increase to wage to Corporate employees, but you have to remember that most of the restaurants are franchised and do not fall under Corporate McDonalds. That being said, franchise restaurants usually take a 15 to 20% hit on margin profits for paying low wage employees. Increasing the wage can cause a lot of financial instability to the franchise, so they would have to raise the amount of their product being sold. if you, raised the average wage of $7.25 to $15.00 , that is almost a 100% increase. If you pay 1 dollar for a large fry and apply the same dynamics to the new cost of the fry, that would be almost $2. Would you be willing to pay for the same fry of the same consistency and quantity but at a 100% increase? The average cost of a family of a father, mother, 3 kids cost about $28. the new cost could be over $55 now. see my point?

Labor is only a fraction of business costs - fixed costs like land rent, and equipment are major expenses, as are variable costs like the actual food they sell. Also prices aren't based on solely on costs, they're based heavily on the demand curve and ultimately, maximum anticipated profit.

drakegrim posted:

also, DO NOT FORGET that min wage is also set on collage expense... If it cost 60k to graduate with a undergrad in lets say computer science.. it would cost the average person at 6.8% about $690.00 a month to pay back. No to include cost of living and all that. most people starting off in some IT job will not make much more then 15 and hour. i made 12.25 at HP as a DoD contractor, then 13.50 as a HD tech at NYTimes, and when i graduated i was making about 50k a year working Cisco support for the air force.

First of all, min wage is not set on "college expense". Wages are set by the relative power in the labor market between jobseekers and employers. The cost of college has an effect on that but it's not the largest factor.

Second of all, you're right that folks fresh out of college (or with only some college) in a lot of fields don't make a ton of money and student loans are expensive. Those are problems the Democrats are trying to solve with things like student loan reform and better wages.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

drakegrim posted:

Helping people attain stable, productive lives would eliminate one of the primary reasons people join terrorist organizations, yes.

drakegrim posted:

not our place to give them jobs, or tools to create nukes... that's like saying " lets give this M15 assault rifle to a mentally handicap 8 year old boy*

*note: offer completely valid if child is white

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Voyager I posted:

Buy me another avatar about it.

that avatar looks sick on you. best :10bux: ever spent

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

drakegrim posted:

not our place to give them jobs, or tools to create nukes... that's like saying " lets give this M15 assault rifle to a mentally handicap 8 year old boy"
Not our place to improve the world, just to bomb it to poo poo

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Xibanya posted:

Is it bad that all I've gotten from the last few pages is the warm glow of affection for Amergin? Why are you guys even responding to this other guy? He doesn't even have cogent arguments.

Why not? It's not like anyone else whelped in rightist kennels has cogent arguments. This is what be opposition sounds like, incoherent and racist.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Accretionist posted:

Drakegrim is a retarded person. Why are you all wasting time talking to him when there's a national tragedy unfolding right now?

Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood

14 million bees. This is one of the worst disasters I've ever seen.

Surely Iran is behind this.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

drakegrim posted:

haven't a lot of democrats been put to shame lately over bigotry as well..

1) "(Obama’s) a nice person, he’s very articulate this is what’s been used against him, but he couldn’t sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic." -- Dan Rather

2) “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Al Sharpton

3) "‘Hymies.’ ‘Hymietown.’" -- Jesse Jackson’s description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.

4) "A few years ago, (Barack Obama) would have been getting us coffee." -- Bill Clinton to Ted Kennedy

5) "The Israeli puppeteer travels to Washington and meets with the puppet in the White House. He then goes down Pennsylvania Avenue and meets with the puppets in Congress. The Israeli leader then 'brings back millions of dollars' in aid to Israel." -- Ralph Nader

6) "(Harry Reid) was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." -- Harry Reid's comments reported by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann

7) "I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia [Sen. Robert C. Byrd, a former Ku Klux Klan recruiter] that he would have been a great senator at any moment. . . . He would have been right during the great conflict of civil war in this nation." -- Former Democratic Senator Christopher Dodd (D.,Conn.)

8) “Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.” -- Mary Frances Berry, former Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

9) "Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." -- Mary Frances Berry, former Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

10) “Well, because the Arabs who were involved in 9/11 cooperated with the Zionists, actually. It was a cooperation. They gave them the perfect excuse to denounce all Arabs. It’s a racist sort of thing, really racist – you know, picking out these 19 or 20 terrorists – they were terrorists – and saying all the Arabs are like them.” — Former Democratic Senator James Abourezk on Hizbullah TV

11) "Let me see one of you adopt one of those ugly black babies." -- Abortionist Ashutosh Ron Virmani

12) “There’s no great, white bigot; there’s just about 200 million little white bigots out there.” -- USA Today columnist Julienne Malveaux

13) "Them Jews aren’t going to let (Obama) talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office. …They will not let him talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is.” -- Jeremiah Wright

14) "There’s white racist DNA running through the synapses of his or her brain tissue. They will kill their own kind, defend the enemies of their kind or anyone who is perceived to be the enemy of the milky white way of life." -- Jeremiah Wright

15) "The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years.” -- Louis Farrakhan

16) “White people shouldn’t be allowed to vote. It’s for the good of the country and for those who’re bitter for a reason and armed because they’re scared.” -- Left-wing journalist Jonathan Valania

17) "(Joseph Lowery) said that when he was a young militant, he used to say all white folks were going to hell. ...'Then he mellowed and just said most of them were. Now, he said, he is back to where he was.’" -- The Daily Mail quotes Joseph Lowery, who gave the benediction at President Obama’s inauguration

18) "We are owned by propagandists against the Arabs. There’s no question about that. Congress, the White House, and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where their mouth is…We’re being pushed into a wrong direction in every way." -- Helen Thomas

19) “You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent.” -- Joe Biden

20) “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” -- Joe Biden

21) "I give interracial couples a look. Daggers. They get uncomfortable when they see me on the street." -- Spike Lee

22) “I want to go up to the closest white person and say: ‘You can’t understand this, it’s a black thing’ and then slap him, just for my mental health.” — New York City Councilman, Charles Barron

23) "We got to do something about these Asians coming in and opening up businesses and dirty shops. They ought to go." -- Marion Barry

24) “The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person…” -- Barack Obama

25) “That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.” -- Barack Obama

Edit: resource.. http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/03/26/25-examples-of-liberal-racism-in-quotes-n1549044/page/full

Oh no, Democrats/famous people who might be Democrats said racist things! This somehow discounts every horribly blatant racist law Republicans have ever passed and every racist thing Republicans have ever said! Zero-sum game! Checkmate, libs :smug:

(also not seeing how 9, 24, and 25 are even vaguely racist.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

drakegrim posted:

- An SOF Marine

• Locked thread