Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
and thats if youre using the native sdk
if youre using the android sdk your audio poo poo is gonna be like 100ms offset by default lmao owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Elysiume posted:

for anyone who doesn't use itunes, you click the X which, instead of closing it, reverts back to the full player

the mini player pops out as a separate window from the "main" itunes library that's easier to position around your other windows on a large display.

Switching to the mini player simply hides the "main" itunes window and shows the extra mini window. closing that mini window brings you back to main itunes.

not saying its amazing but thats why it is the way it is. its idiot proof so that if you close the mini player you arent just stuck with a menu and no itunes.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

ahmeni posted:

sup gorgle thread

#oops

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

the time we found out only opera does all of it correctly

RIP presto opera, we did not deserve you.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

rapeface posted:

RIP presto opera, we did not deserve you.

vivaldi.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

ahmeni posted:

sup gorgle thread
google was lucky enough to get sound out of a linux, and now you want to get rid of latency too??

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

vivaldi won't help with color correction (or maybe it will now) because it uses the blink engine.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
why is Chrome "dropping support for Java" :psyduck:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
sorta the same reason Jobs killed Flash

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ahmeni posted:

sup gorgle thread

maybe if you use alsa completely loving wrong

used properly alsa lets you mmap the dac's ring buffer and write to it p much as close to the hardware playback pointer as you dare. though depending on the driver the hardware playback pointer readback might be a bit glitchy

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Valeyard posted:

hopefully this is obvious, but that's, like, front-end embedded Java in the browser. not support for sites that are served by Java web frameworks.

i honestly haven't seen a java browser app in ages so you can't be that surprised. they're just a huge security risk.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Mr Dog posted:

maybe if you use alsa completely loving wrong

used properly alsa lets you mmap the dac's ring buffer and write to it p much as close to the hardware playback pointer as you dare. though depending on the driver the hardware playback pointer readback might be a bit glitchy

:thejoke:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Valeyard posted:

Going to wait a long time for all the VNC remote consoles to be updated to canvas or whatever. Similarly all those crappy IP security cameras with custom rear end hat plugins. Google could at least get DropCam hosting HTML 5 video streams.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Valeyard posted:

they started like a year or two ago? sorry you didn't notice until today

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
chrome dropped support for all NPAPI plugins, and if you need a reason more than security the n stands for netscape

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

they started like a year or two ago? sorry you didn't notice until today

PleasureKevin posted:

hopefully this is obvious, but that's, like, front-end embedded Java in the browser. not support for sites that are served by Java web frameworks.

i honestly haven't seen a java browser app in ages so you can't be that surprised. they're just a huge security risk.

i woke up and browsed all my websites that use wall to wall java embeds telling me the bad news :negative:

Perplx posted:

chrome dropped support for all NPAPI plugins, and if you need a reason more than security the n stands for netscape

so Unity web player is gone too?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Valeyard posted:

i woke up and browsed all my websites that use wall to wall java embeds telling me the bad news :negative:

i just tried and it doesn't work, you can reenable npapi under chrome://flags for now until september when chrome 45 takes it out all together

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Perplx posted:

good riddance

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
lol linux audio is still a shitshow in 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Valeyard posted:

yes. unity even worked on porting to native client but then stopped working on it because they found out google doesn't actually care about native client

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
lol ppapi

and don't even get me started on nacl rofl

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

anthonypants posted:

yes. unity even worked on porting to native client but then stopped working on it because they found out google doesn't actually care about native client

well of course they don't. it was probably invented by google like at least over 2 weeks ago

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

to get their backwards april fool's thing to work on the main page, google engineers removed the X-Frame-Options header, allowing third-parties to embed and modify google pages (incl settigns) via an iframe

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/04/no-joke-googles-april-fools-prank-inadvertently-broke-sites-security/

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

to get their backwards april fool's thing to work on the main page, google engineers removed the X-Frame-Options header, allowing third-parties to embed and modify google pages (incl settigns) via an iframe

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/04/no-joke-googles-april-fools-prank-inadvertently-broke-sites-security/

this immediately reminded me of hwo google engineers disabled criticial hvac systems designed to protect them from the consequences of working on a superfund site because they were a little cold.

"X is in our way! let's just disable X! who gives a poo poo what it does, that's not googley."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

duTrieux. posted:

google engineers

lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
"!sLooF LIRPA YPPAH," which spells "Happy April Fool's" backward.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Boxturret posted:

"!sLooF LIRPA YPPAH," which spells "Happy April Fool's" backward.

yag m'i

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

told kevin to post this

http://blog.kedrosky.com/googles-microsoft-moment-when

such a good blog post. the quora thread that he links to basically confirmed everything i suspected about google's culture and hiring. ive got a massive rock hard woody because of this EU anti trust case (and also into android too lkmao). google is hosed

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Google's hiring always seems desperate for large project management, not exactly a plentiful market. SREs and SDEs rates just appear to be churn.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
ban crembob:toot:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ahmeni posted:

sup gorgle thread

i love the tears of anroiders who want devs to port music apps from ios so they can pirate them

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
truly smythe is doing the good Lord's work

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

anthonypants posted:

truly smythe is doing the good Lord's work

thnx

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Can android do gapless music playback yet? I never understood why my sandisk MP3 player from 2003 could handle it but not an android smartphone.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ZShakespeare posted:

Can android do gapless music playback yet? I never understood why my sandisk MP3 player from 2003 could handle it but not an android smartphone.

there are music apps that allow you to do so yes, dunno if play music or w/e does

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blue Train posted:

there are music apps that allow you to do so yes, dunno if play music or w/e does
it claims to but doesnt do it properly

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Just get an ipod nano

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

fuckin lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

LastInLine posted:

did you root and install app2sd and mp32sd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob posted:

told kevin to post this

http://blog.kedrosky.com/googles-microsoft-moment-when

such a good blog post. the quora thread that he links to basically confirmed everything i suspected about google's culture and hiring. ive got a massive rock hard woody because of this EU anti trust case (and also into android too lkmao). google is hosed

i think i did post it without comment

it seems like a pretty quantitative way to show google is at best the next microsoft

• Locked thread