Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He was supposed to be a woman but Araki's editors got mad at him so he compromised by making him a crossdresser.
I feel like this is one of the biggest rumors about JoJo and I'm almost positive there's no evidence for it, so y'all should probably stop spreading it.

I don't even think there's a source for it, for all we know Araki just decided to make him a guy after his first appearance where he did and said nothing. Anasui has a dumb hat, but a cool Stand (that also get it's ability completely changed), that's my Anasui opinion.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah I don't think I ever entirely understood Annasui's power.

Maybe if there was a Futurama episode I could compare it to.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurora posted:

Fry's body worms

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Annasui has the power to get murdered so that he can get married. It's a very logical Stand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurora posted:

At first it had the power to plant kinetic energy I think? I remember Diver Down kicking a door, and then later a kick comes out of the door and nails a guard in the teeth. Then later it's just that it can dive into things and mess with their inners.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Annasui was a woman until copyright holders made Araki changed her gender, also it's Araki's true personality

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Kurtofan posted:

Annasui was a woman until copyright holders made Araki changed her gender, also it's Araki's true personality

Unconfirmed bullshit!!! Please don't do this even if it's for jokes. It gets really old when people quote stuff that's not true for years!!!

Uznare fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 15, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Moltrey posted:

I feel like this is one of the biggest rumors about JoJo and I'm almost positive there's no evidence for it, so y'all should probably stop spreading it.

I don't even think there's a source for it, for all we know Araki just decided to make him a guy after his first appearance where he did and said nothing. Anasui has a dumb hat, but a cool Stand (that also get it's ability completely changed), that's my Anasui opinion.

I know it for a fact. My uncle works for Jojo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My uncle is Iggy and he said Hot Pants was a boy.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

My uncle is Iggy and he said Hot Pants was a boy.

And here I thought the Joestar family tree was weird.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I know it for a fact. My uncle works for Jojo.
My uncle ALSO works for JoJo and HE explained to me how King Crimson works. I'm not allowed to say though.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Uh... I think you mean their sex.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, that's exactly how I remember Vento Aureo.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Jojo is one of those things I like so much I promised myself I'd someday own all of it, even if I had to import volumes from Japan.

Nice knowing the prospect of having everything in English is no longer some far-off dream.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The dream of a competent Part 5 translation lives.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We were always confirmed a translated Part 2, why is anyone acting like this is a surprise?

Pretty happy to see it finally has a set date though. Should've had it sooner, but at least this one isn't going to be release under our noses.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Not surprised, just relishing it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah I posted that because I was really happy the iTunes version finally had a date. I haven't heard a thing about the release of this volume and only found it because I was checking to see if it was being released under the radar, so chances are this isn't getting any kind of promotion whatsoever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I forgot that Josuke turned Terunosuke into a book that was still alive.

I'm not sure whether that's hosed up in all of the right ways or all of the wrong ways.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's why he's Crazy Diamond, after all.

Best stand.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I forgot that Josuke turned Terunosuke into a book that was still alive.

I'm not sure whether that's hosed up in all of the right ways or all of the wrong ways.

Hey, out of them all, his stand is the most compassionate. Turning people into hosed up immobile monstrosities for life is very noble

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Previews! http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/39.html

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Iggy gets all the bitches.

I'll get my coat.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I guess it was Giorno's birthday yesterday?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a shame the Joestars are all assholes so that DIO couldn't give his son a birthday he'll never forget :(

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

This is a great between chapter images. Iggy is a smug rear end dog.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Iggy gets bitches.

Edit: I shouldn't be surprised someone beat me to that comment. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

David absolutely nailed the "finally, we're at DIO's" bit. Equal parts dread and relief they finally got there, and they set up the deaths really well too. People are going to be so crushed when Avdol, Iggy and Kakyoin die if they don't already know, and hell, even if they do.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wasn't really hyped for the second D'arby fight (aside from the Yes Yes Yes punching bit that was already technically done in the ASB commercials during the first series), probably because I have no soul.

But somehow David recaptured my interest. :allears:

Moltrey posted:

Up till now, Part 3 has trivialized any character injury. Avdol was fine all along, Kakyoin's eyes heal. All in service if showing how serious these last couple fights are have these stakes mean something.. I'm excited for people to realize why Last Train Home was chosen as the ED

This is why I'm looking forward to Vanilla Ice more than D'arby.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 17, 2015

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

David absolutely nailed the "finally, we're at DIO's" bit. Equal parts dread and relief they finally got there, and they set up the deaths really well too. People are going to be so crushed when Avdol, Iggy and Kakyoin die if they don't already know, and hell, even if they do.
Up till now, Part 3 has trivialized any character injury. Avdol was fine all along, Kakyoin's eyes heal. All in service if showing how serious these last couple fights are have these stakes mean something.. I'm excited for people to realize why Last Train Home was chosen as the ED

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Watch in shock and awe as Kakyoin gets owned at video games.

Looking back, that's kind of a weird fight to put in-between Pet Shop and Kenny G Vanilla Ice.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wonder if it's going to be a three or a two parter. Three parter seems likely considering they've barely touched his story.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I'm hoping D'arby the gamer and vanilla ice are two parters, and DIO is a 4 parter. These next two fights are unbelievable, but neither should be equal in length to the splendor that is DIO

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Iserlohn posted:

Watch in shock and awe as Kakyoin gets owned at video games.

Looking back, that's kind of a weird fight to put in-between Pet Shop and Kenny G Vanilla Ice.

It probably would've been more appropriate to switch D'arby the Gamer's position in the story with D'arby the Gambler.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Condiv posted:

I'm hoping D'arby the gamer and vanilla ice are two parters, and DIO is a 4 parter. These next two fights are unbelievable, but neither should be equal in length to the splendor that is DIO

There are going to be 48 episodes. That means there are 9 episodes left. My guess? DIO is 5. D'arby The Gamer is gonna be 2 episodes. so I guess Vanilla Ice will also be that many.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There is no way D'Arby the Gamer should get stretched out to three episodes, 2 is plenty. Vanilla Ice'll probably be 2 as well, then we're left with Suzie Q visiting Holly, DIO's World and Goodbye, My Friends. 1 episode for Suzie Q, 3 for DIO and 1 for goodbye? Or maybe DIO should get 3 and a half while we get half an episode for Goodbye?

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I really hope an episode ends right after Vanilla Ice kills Avdol. Like, smash cut to credits once we see his hands go flying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

There is no way D'Arby the Gamer should get stretched out to three episodes, 2 is plenty. Vanilla Ice'll probably be 2 as well, then we're left with Suzie Q visiting Holly, DIO's World and Goodbye, My Friends. 1 episode for Suzie Q, 3 for DIO and 1 for goodbye? Or maybe DIO should get 3 and a half while we get half an episode for Goodbye?

Goodbye and Suzie Q are going to come out to less than one episode total since they were one chapter apiece. DIO is gonna be like 4.5 episodes.

• Locked thread