Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
If ziggs becomes meta again, I quit watching league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

The glorious return of Jesiz

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

imp just got gangbanged

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

Chalice got buffed recently and Ziggs got a pretty big buff to his Q

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

imp just got gangbanged

He's been wrecking the rest of the series so I guess its time to turn the tables

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

Chalice got buffed recently and Ziggs got a pretty big buff to his Q

what kind of sick freak thought that was a good idea

I can't remember a worse time to watch lol than when mid was just nid/ ziggs and top mundo / shy every loving game

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Lovechop posted:

I can't remember a worse time to watch lol than when mid was just nid/ ziggs and top mundo / shy every loving game

Strategic diversity!

At least CJ is using the Ziggs agressively; but yeah, their victory is tainted by their reliance on such forbidden champions

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lovechop posted:

My buddy is a loving Ziggs main and every time we play and he goes mid I get to hear that motherfucker.

That or Veigar, I hate Yordles.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I know a lot of people hate Ziggs but the amount of viable AP Mids has dwindled so much that another viable champ in that role is a good thing, unless you want to see more LB.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I know a lot of people hate Ziggs but the amount of viable AP Mids has dwindled so much that another viable champ in that role is a good thing, unless you want to see more LB.
We see a lot more than we used to though, I mean so far we've had in the last two months: Diana, Cassio, Orianna, Xerath (less than we used to), Lulu, Azir, Leblanc, Ahri, Karthus, Vlad, Lissandra, Twisted Fate, Kog'Maw, Cho'Gath and I remember seeing Fizz being picked a little while ago but I think that was just Hai. I don't really count Corki but you could throw him in there too.

E: Forgot Kassadin and Viktor, but that's a pretty diverse pool already and that's before you add in the AD mids to the total pool.

I mean it guess on what you label as viable, but most of those have been picked to some degree of success.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 17, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

An awful lot of those are niche picks that go in shield comps or not terribly viable atm between nerfs and Cinderhulk. Or because of Hai, which I guess falls under not really viable.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Niche picks are still viable though, I mean not every pick is going to go in every team comp, I think the fact that some of them are niche picks isn't a bad thing because it means they can actually be played rather than everyone just running the one type, granted Ahri/Lb/Zed are more popular and that's inevitable, but it's a lot more than we've previously seen.

I forgot Viktor too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Should I watch LCK or LPL first? Playoffs time makes everything harder!

(of course LCK is the answer)

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

mate do you not remember all those like 60 minute games where a team literally could not lose any inhib towers because that little bellend was just Al Qaeda'ing every loving minion wave it sucked rear end

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The true Chinese hope is dead at the hands of the Korean Pilgrimage, with Imp and Flame leading the charge

RIP OMG

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

The true Chinese hope is dead at the hands of the Korean Pilgrimage, with Imp and Flame leading the charge

RIP OMG

I imagine Imp hasn't stopped laughing yet.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 17, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
It's not too surprising, OMG has been on a definite downspiral in the second half of the LPL. Hope they fix their issues, though, I still like the guys a lot.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
OMG are a great example of how to unbalance your team with too many carries.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is there anything better than Madlife being awesome again? I really appreciate that CJ kept him for a couple seasons where he wasn't doing that well, because man he is good now.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

An extra champion with a hook entered the support meta so naturally he's godlike again.

For people who don't know how godlike madlife used to be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ehzKxy7is

This is a pro-click either way.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Niche picks are still viable though, I mean not every pick is going to go in every team comp, I think the fact that some of them are niche picks isn't a bad thing because it means they can actually be played rather than everyone just running the one type, granted Ahri/Lb/Zed are more popular and that's inevitable, but it's a lot more than we've previously seen.

I forgot Viktor too.

Viktor is disabled until they figure out his "display bug" from a few weeks ago.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Is there anything better than Madlife being awesome again? I really appreciate that CJ kept him for a couple seasons where he wasn't doing that well, because man he is good now.

Link is going to be great any season now :v:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

Link is going to be great any season now :v:

Bigfatlp for CLG midlane summer split.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Any of the LPL quarterfinals worth watching?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Omnikin posted:

Any of the LPL quarterfinals worth watching?

I haven't seen OMG - IDG, but EDG - WE was honestly fairly boring (with the exception of the Pawn flu game [game 5]) and Snake - King was not very good either.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Disinterested posted:

An extra champion with a hook entered the support meta so naturally he's godlike again.

For people who don't know how godlike madlife used to be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4ehzKxy7is

This is a pro-click either way.

2:15 is maybe the best league of legends play. It's better than Faker > Ryu.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Badfinger posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who :vince: 'd when that happened. Like holy poo poo, you wouldn't think LoL highlights plus Aerosmith would work this well, but madlife's plays make it happen.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Badfinger posted:

Yeah it's probably top 3 at least.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Reminder that before Faker Madlife was regarded as the best LoL player in the world.

Seriously that guy is a loving God and he's only ever played with a poo poo tier ADC.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Best moment of the vid has to be when Monte says "There is no victory without the blessing of god and there is no god but Madlife", tho, right as he gets a hook to set up his team. That was just perfect.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Faker sucks and I can't wait till he's banned from lol for life for PED use.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Holy poo poo LGD is stomping OMG, this is gross.

Kalista and Kennen is a really nice duo lane.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So Riot is doing an MSI AMA on Reddit.

MSI will be on 5.7
They will allow mid series swaps for Best-ofs (So Easyhoon/Faker and Tom/Bengi swapping will be a thing)

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I still don't understand what the Viktor bug is.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

curiousCat posted:

his health doesnt display the correct bar amount

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

curiousCat posted:

I haven't seen it, but Firebert posted this about a month ago:

Firebert posted:

when he is out of vision and then re-enters vision he appears to be at full health and then the hp bar drains. It happens EVERY time he leaves your vision, it is annoying as gently caress. It's right up there with invisible Mundo cleavers.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm honestly surprised that there are no western teams taking advantage of swapping (except I guess, you can say Liquid? Though they seem to finally be gelling with Piglet.) It seems like a big advantage that isn't being utilized.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

mistaya posted:

I'm honestly surprised that there are no western teams taking advantage of swapping (except I guess, you can say Liquid? Though they seem to finally be gelling with Piglet.) It seems like a big advantage that isn't being utilized.

I honestly don't understand swapping at all. Why would you want to swap? Unless they're injured or are causing trouble for the team, wouldn't you want to put forth your best player at all times? Scrim time and team time is already limited without having to split it between multiple players.

Plus, it's hard enough to find a roster of 5 strong players, much less find more LCS caliber players who are willing to not play for weeks on end likely for little money.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
faker's stats:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/32y71g/skt_faker_by_the_numbers_every_match_hes_ever/

still the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I think swapping would work best if you have two players with different styles who can really mix up the champion pool expectations for a series. But of course, its demanding on a team because even with players of the same talent level it means that the team needs to work around the change and adapt; so it requires a lot more work than just simply having both players be trained. But I think as teams grow it might be more viable because its one way to address compositoinal pigeonholing

The Viktor bug resulted in a disable because it meant that in teamfights it was basically impossible to tell Viktor's HP if he ever left vision when it would constantly appear full again, and it really fucks with calculations and target selection.

• Locked thread