Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

StalkofWheat posted:

I really hope an episode ends right after Vanilla Ice kills Avdol. Like, smash cut to credits once we see his hands go flying.
This but with Kakyoin. Kakyoin does his final Emerald Splash and right before it hits DIO, hard cut to The World's fist right through Kakyoin's chest. Next episode's cold open is Kakyoin destroying the clock tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I hope they stick to 2 episodes for Terence. Yeah I know his fight is 11 chapters but they could stand to expedite things.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A lot of D'Arby the Sequel is screenshots of gameplay. They can compress it somewhat in animation.

That being said, I expect D'Arby: The Empire Strikes Back to be three episodes in the same way that Pet Shop was 2. The larger part of D'Arby "3" will be Vanilla Ice 1, I reckon. I kinda hope not, but I can see it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm guessing 2 episodes for d'arby two, 3 for vanilla ice and suzie q and the last 4 for dio and the epilogue

i'm so loving pumped guys

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I want to re-read the Vanilla Ice chapters so badly, but I also want to go into it surprised. I already re-read DIO and I remember Terrence D'arby fairly clearly.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

After getting choked up at the Iggy "tribute" this episode, David killing Iggy is probably going to destroy me, not to mention the deaths that bookend it. I'm so glad we're in the final stretch though, this season has been amazing.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Do we have confirmation it'll be 48? For some reason I thought it was 50-52.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
If D'Arby the Gamer gets three episodes, there's no way Dio gets less than six.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fungah! posted:

i'm guessing 2 episodes for d'arby two, 3 for vanilla ice and suzie q and the last 4 for dio and the epilogue

i'm so loving pumped guys

Ice is quite a bit shorter than D'Arby and has some quite lengthy periods without dialogue. It's a sure fire 2 parter, without padding it.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Do we have confirmation it'll be 48? For some reason I thought it was 50-52.

I don't know if there was ever a confirmation of 48, but it's probably not unheard of for them to get a couple of bonus episodes if need be. 4 episodes is probably enough for DIO. DIO's World is unreal, but much longer than 4 and the pacing's probably going to be dog poo poo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Aurain posted:

Ice is quite a bit shorter than D'Arby and has some quite lengthy periods without dialogue. It's a sure fire 2 parter, without padding it.

right, but I'm guessing they'll pad it enough to bring it up to 2.5 or so (shouldn't be super hard, even with how short the fight was in the manga) and then end the episode with suzie Q and Polnareff confronting dio to build up the hype

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

like, there's no way polnareff seeing dio for the first time isn't an end of episode cliffhanger and IMO that's the way they're probably going to do it unless they throw in a clip recap episode

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, definitely.

I would say that having Araki come in to draw the super high quality closeup of DIO's face when we first see it would be mindblowing, but I've seen his DIO of late so I don't want it. I do hope that David go above and beyond themselves to get that HQ close-up in though.

GodDIO, it's so close, I can't wait.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

So what you're saying is you're coming very close...to Dio?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

Yeah, definitely.

I would say that having Araki come in to draw the super high quality closeup of DIO's face when we first see it would be mindblowing, but I've seen his DIO of late so I don't want it. I do hope that David go above and beyond themselves to get that HQ close-up in though.

GodDIO, it's so close, I can't wait.

That would be weird because he'd just be drawing part 7 Diego. Araki's art style has evolved drastically, and while I think it's for the better, I actually don't think he's physically capable of drawing in the art style of part 3 anymore. It would just look weird and out of place.

I kind of like his new, skinny Jonathan, but his new Pillar Men are atrocious. If anyone needs to be drawn in 80s Fist of the North Star brick shithouse style, it's the Pillar Men.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's actually quite sad to watch the episode knowing that two of the characters are in the last half an hour or so of their lives, seeing as Avdol, Iggy and Polly wait for 10 minutes and Avdol basically dies as soon as he gets inside.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

It's actually quite sad to watch the episode knowing that two of the characters are in the last half an hour or so of their lives, seeing as Avdol, Iggy and Polly wait for 10 minutes and Avdol basically dies as soon as he gets inside.

It’s kinda nice, Avdol got to spend his last day relaxing in egypt, watching the sun set. :unsmith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Iggy, meanwhile, had the shittiest day imaginable.

In unrelated news, Yukako was confirmed for Eyes of Heaven. :stare:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Good. Her Stand is great and is loving named Love Deluxe, drat time she got some spotlight.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

dogsicle posted:

After getting choked up at the Iggy "tribute" this episode, David killing Iggy is probably going to destroy me, not to mention the deaths that bookend it. I'm so glad we're in the final stretch though, this season has been amazing.

Same here, I'm going to be an absolute wreck when the last Emerald Splash gets aired. :smith: David's doing such an amazing job making everything feel loving serious.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I can't wait to see the anime thread's reaction to Iggy sacrificing himself for Polnareff.

Or Avdol dying for real this time.

The Last Train Home is gonna start hitting hard real soon. That photo is going to be the worst.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 18, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's cool guys. Avdol's going to come back during the DIO fight with some new arms.

Right? :(

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yep. Translated announcement below:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I was about to say, only Yukako and no Koichi?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, it is a tag fighter.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I nearly posted in the wrong thread when a bunch of people in the anime thread said how Iggy is basically dog Joseph. I wish Iggy really was dog Joseph, then he could buck the trend of how being either a Joestar or involved with the Joestars tends to lead to a short life. :smith:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"the strongest...errm...couple"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's not over yet.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

I nearly posted in the wrong thread when a bunch of people in the anime thread said how Iggy is basically dog Joseph. I wish Iggy really was dog Joseph, then he could buck the trend of how being either a Joestar or involved with the Joestars tends to lead to a short life. :smith:

The two threads have really similar titles, which isn't helping one bit. Especially since tabs cut off the last part of the title.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

It's not over yet.

It really sucks when the last thing you see is a vampire rapper kicking your lungs into your ribcage.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Well of course he would have a short life, he's a dog! :v:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I really want to hear a remixed version of Vanilla Ice's theme from All Star Battle during Polnareff's comeback. It somehow sounds heroic, despite being the theme of DIO's most dangerous minion.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The weird dimensional sounds really make that song.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm another person waiting for the anime nerds who said that last train home wasn't fitting to eat their words because it is seriously the perfect song to cap things off after all is said and done

then it cuts to a scene where jotaro spots josuke and the turtle

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'it needs something to fit the ACTION better!!' - some dunce

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Don't forget the part where they edit out Avdol, Iggy, and Kakyoin from ED.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes please

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Oh god...

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Quote is not edit.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Don't need to. They're already on the other side of the river

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Someone already pointed out that they're symbolically dead in the ED because they're on the other side of a river

• Locked thread