Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Winds of Winter will be written by Joe Abercomie and be good.

I like this guy's First Law series. Finished the trilogy and I'm on the first standalone now.

Also I yearn for a day when the show is as bad as the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

So Iwan Rheon, Alfie Allen, and Sophie Turner have all mentioned that something truly horrific happens in the middle of the season and Iwan even said he didn't want to go through with filming it.

It seems pretty clear that Sansa will take the place of Fake Arya and that we'll get something like the humiliation/forced cunnilingus scene, but it sounds like the show is going to make it worse somehow.

Giving Sansa over to Ramsay really makes no sense for Littlefinger.

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

various cheeses posted:

yep

the show is only good when it's directly quoting the books

cant think of a counterexample

the slynt scene this season was the only one with like drama and acting and emotions and stuff in the first four i have seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAApF-FDkoY

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Iron Lung posted:

Bran is literally going to be Groot, I'm pretty excited for that.
"I am Bran."
"Hodor?"
"I am Bran."
"Hodor?"
"I AM BRAN!"
"Hodor."

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CaptainRightful posted:

So Iwan Rheon, Alfie Allen, and Sophie Turner have all mentioned that something truly horrific happens in the middle of the season and Iwan even said he didn't want to go through with filming it.

It seems pretty clear that Sansa will take the place of Fake Arya and that we'll get something like the humiliation/forced cunnilingus scene, but it sounds like the show is going to make it worse somehow.

You have to keep in mind the show LF is dumber than book LF. He pushed Lysa out the moon door without a backup plan. It was a moment of passion for the dumb rear end show LF.

This is what he said to Sansa
Sansa: "There's no justice in the world."
LF: "Not unless we make it."
"You loved your family."
"Avenge them."

It's pretty obvious to me that he is organizing a revolt.

Also something will gently caress up and Theon and Brienne will be there to be "The Cleaner".

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 17, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is there a reason the Mereneese Knot couldn't have been avoided by just having Barristan say "gently caress the targs, gently caress the lannisters, I've had enough of this Westeros poo poo, you hosed up with this city and here's why. I'm gonna stay here and fix it as a warrior-poet warlord, you take your loving dragons and go to Westeros and try not to gently caress it up. Don't ever come back. Also turns out the giant coastal trading ports actually have ships, so use those."

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

various cheeses posted:

I like this guy's First Law series. Finished the trilogy and I'm on the first standalone now.

When I got to the part where the hot independent chick decided that an appropriate penance for sassing her brother enough that he just had to beat the gently caress out of her was to devote the rest of her life to scrubbing feces from of a decrepit older man's body and clothing I thought, "the prophesies were true; we have finally found the British Gurm."

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 17, 2015

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The Sand Snakes are just loving terrible, but I feel like everything else is much better than I expected.

Hopefully they can turn the SS into something more engaging in the second half of the season.

Also Stannis better not die by the hands of the Boltons. I will quit the entire series if that happens.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

threeagainstfour posted:

The Sand Snakes are just loving terrible, but I feel like everything else is much better than I expected.

Hopefully they can turn the SS into something more engaging in the second half of the season.

Also Stannis better not die by the hands of the Boltons. I will quit the entire series if that happens.

Stannis is gonna die via Brienne

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Little Kielbasa posted:

When I got to the part where the hot independent chick decided that an appropriate penance for sassing her brother enough that he just had to beat the gently caress out of her was to devote the rest of her life to scrubbing feces from of a decrepit older man's body and clothing I thought, "the prophesies were true; we have finally found the British Gurm."

The British American Tolkien.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

Tender Bender posted:

Is there a reason the Mereneese Knot couldn't have been avoided by just having Barristan say "gently caress the targs, gently caress the lannisters, I've had enough of this Westeros poo poo, you hosed up with this city and here's why. I'm gonna stay here and fix it as a warrior-poet warlord, you take your loving dragons and go to Westeros and try not to gently caress it up. Don't ever come back. Also turns out the giant coastal trading ports actually have ships, so use those."

He'd need to have a dragon and like half the Unsullied stay with him just to not get immediately shanked, and he'd still probably get shanked anyway even if the dragon didn't decide to eat him and inexplicably played nice for someone who isn't Dany. I think the only reason Dany hasn't been shanked is because the Green Grace wanted Hizaddar mo Whoever to knock her up.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tender Bender posted:

i think that it was podrick who solved the shows mereneese knot

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

HELLO LADIES posted:

He'd need to have a dragon and like half the Unsullied stay with him just to not get immediately shanked, and he'd still probably get shanked anyway even if the dragon didn't decide to eat him and inexplicably played nice for someone who isn't Dany. I think the only reason Dany hasn't been shanked is because the Green Grace wanted Hizaddar mo Whoever to knock her up.

Dany has the adoration of the smallfolk/slaves. If she was to actually be murdered I doubt any of the masters would survive the backlash.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

TK-42-1 posted:

Dany has the adoration of the smallfolk/slaves. If she was to actually be murdered I doubt any of the masters would survive the backlash.

I'm thinking more like a situation in Astapor. The original ruling class gets crushed and murdered/enslaved in turn, but then it turns out plenty of the ex-slaves are power-hungry, vicious assholes. What's the name of the guy who declares himself King and like, kills the children of the masters? Cleon? Team Harpy would go out in a blaze if they killed her, but I don't think their replacements would be much better.

There should be an icon for "it is an iraq metaphor", because yeah Gurm's an insufferable shitlord

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hogge Wild posted:

i think that it was podrick who solved the shows mereneese knot

It's been a while but wasn't the mereneese knot just "I have twelve goddamn people coming to gently caress dany and I can't remember what order they're supposed to get burnt by dragons in?" how did pod fix that?

Pod isn't mereneese so it can't be a fun party trick he performs with his dick

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 17, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Krinkle posted:

It's been a while but wasn't the mereneese knot just "I have twelve goddamn people coming to gently caress dany and I can't remember what order they're supposed to get burnt by dragons in?" how did pod fix that?

The knot was basically "I have this worked out with a time skip but whoops the King's Landing stuff doesn't really work with a time skip so now I need to figure out how to get everyone that would've developed through the timeskip (Jon, Dany, Arya, etc) to where they need to go in a natural way".

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I think you will find that he was too busy eating garlic knots.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
A Song of Ice and Funyuns

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Krinkle posted:

"Kayla is famous here to Volantis... in certain circles. One of four women in the world who can perform a proper Meereenese Knot."

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Kayla

And he did solve it with his dick.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I thought it would be tying his horse dick in a sheep shank but goddamn I must have missed that in joke from the pod gets laid episode. Haha.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

HELLO LADIES posted:

There should be an icon for "it is an iraq metaphor", because yeah Gurm's an insufferable shitlord

It is great that the actual war takes less time to finish than for Gurm to rewrite his dragon books to comment on it.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

P-Mack posted:

It is great that the actual war takes less time to finish than for Gurm to rewrite his dragon books to comment on it.

His was a commentary on the First Gulf War. The second one came along, and kept it relevant. Thank god it's the middle east, so I dunno, next stop Iran or Syria or something. The gift that keeps on giving!

quote:

The Meereenese Knot is a difficult-to-perform act of contortion or sexual gymnastics

See, I always knew it had to do with sex, but I thought it was more like when you put your foot in your mouth, and gently caress yourself up the rear end at the same time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

kcroy posted:

I thought it was more like when you put your foot in your mouth, and gently caress yourself up the rear end at the same time.

No, that's a meanwhile-at-the-wall-knot

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

I'm yet to encounter anyone on the internet I hate more than those two autists.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CaptainRightful posted:

i dont think show LF knows what Ramsay is all about. he even says as much in the show.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

CaptainRightful posted:

the humiliation/forced cunnilingus scene

This is more than enough to cause uproar.

Blind Sally posted:

i dont think show LF knows what Ramsay is all about. he even says as much in the show.

Even if he doesn't, it still seems like a bone headed play to hand Sansa over to Roose. Seems like a better move to just hold onto her, and keep her secret until poo poo settles down. Roose already has the north... seems that Sansa ( Legitimacy of winterfell ) would be better offered later in the game. But w/e.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

true that. Perhaps it's this kind of knot: [nsfw]https://www.google.com/#q=dragon+dildo+with+knot[/nsfw]

edit: wtf is the NSFW tag?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Though Sansa possibly killing a Bolton is better TV than hanging around the Eyrie taking care of Sweetrobin for a whole season. I'm okay with show-Littlefinger continuing to be kinda dumb if Sansa knifes somebody.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lycus posted:

Though Sansa possibly killing a Bolton is better TV than hanging around the Eyrie taking care of Sweetrobin for a whole season. I'm okay with show-Littlefinger continuing to be kinda dumb if Sansa knifes somebody.

Sophie Turner's called the Sansa who shows up this season a "boss rear end bitch", so I would not be surprised if she finds a way to absolutely tool the Boltons in spite of whatever horrific things they may or may not end up doing to her. She's not gonna be the one to kill Ramsay, though, the show has pretty much giftwrapped him to be done in by Theon at some point.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do you guys think thematically the whole Arya training should be part of time skip like Bran. I have been thinking about this. If GRRM really intend to turn Arya into bad rear end assassin, she should go away for a good 3-5 years at lease for the training. I don't see the point of GRRM keep writing Arya level up quest. They are really not part of the ASOIAF story.

Unless, GRRM intend to have Arya break the vow to assassin guild very soon.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

whatever7 posted:

Do you guys think thematically the whole Arya training should be part of time skip like Bran. I have been thinking about this. If GRRM really intend to turn Arya into bad rear end assassin, she should go away for a good 3-5 years at lease for the training. I don't see the point of GRRM keep writing Arya level up quest. They are really not part of the ASOIAF story.

All of AFFC and ADWD should be replaced with a 3-minute video montage of Arya punching a heavy bag and practicing her illusions, interspaced with shots of Dany feeding her dragons and rebuilding that ruined city, jon snow looking cold, and cersei walking into rakes. All to the tune of "You're the Best" from Karate Kid. BAM, ASoIaF improved 7,000%.

I unironically believe this.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 18, 2015

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also Bran warging a tree. Now somebody need to make it and put it on Youtube.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

kcroy posted:

Even if he doesn't, it still seems like a bone headed play to hand Sansa over to Roose. Seems like a better move to just hold onto her, and keep her secret until poo poo settles down. Roose already has the north... seems that Sansa ( Legitimacy of winterfell ) would be better offered later in the game. But w/e.

He justified it in the show with his "gambling" conversation he had with Sansa. He's thinking that Roose is the more dangerous of the two, but knows that Roose can be outmaneuvered. YOu see, Show Littlefinger actually has this pla--aaaaaah, who am I kidding. It is strange that he didn't wait to see what would happen. He knows Stannis is going to attack eventually--he just assumes Sansa will survive? Risky. He should be waiting. The show is just pushing ahead with events to get to some action, which I don't really blame them for.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

He justified it in the show with his "gambling" conversation he had with Sansa. He's thinking that Roose is the more dangerous of the two, but knows that Roose can be outmaneuvered. YOu see, Show Littlefinger actually has this pla--aaaaaah, who am I kidding. It is strange that he didn't wait to see what would happen. He knows Stannis is going to attack eventually--he just assumes Sansa will survive? Risky. He should be waiting. The show is just pushing ahead with events to get to some action, which I don't really blame them for.

Show LF thinks that it'll work because Sansa has plot armor.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
Sansa disappears after the Purple Wedding and is heavily implicated in the regicide.

So LF offers Sansa to Roose.

Roose is loyal to Lannister.

Roose tells Lannister that LF had control of Sansa and took her to The Vale without telling the Lannisters.

What?

What the gently caress? Seriously? This plot hole is gigantic.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
But Roose doesn't give a poo poo about the Lannisters especially after Tywin's death he just does what he has to to get ahead and he knows he doesn't have a chance in the north without a Stark in Winterfell. He doesn't improve his position at all by telling the Lannisters especially in their current state.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The other problem is that there will now be a Stark in Winterfell. The only way this could work is that they're going to accelerate that plotline a lot and some Boltons are going to die fast.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

whatever7 posted:

The Mercy chapter where Arya kills Raff the sweetling was supposed to be her first chapter after the five-year break.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

The other problem is that there will now be a Stark in Winterfell. The only way this could work is that they're going to accelerate that plotline a lot and some Boltons are going to die fast.

They pretty much need to die fast though, along with the Freys because the White Walker and Dragon plots are theoretically approaching the Westeros plot after all this time, so that plot cul de sac needs to be done with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kill you are self posted:

So LF offers Sansa to Roose.

Roose is not loyal to Lannister.

Roose tells Lannister that he found a fake Sansa to convince the rubes that his son is heir to Winterfell