Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
He also makes me think of this poor schlep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I count nine eyes. Is his unpictured tenth eye... brown?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
He sees through the tips of his fingers, which seems like it would make a lot of things awkward.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

A brilliant doctor named Dr. Engstrom reconnected his optic nerves to his fingertips, enabling him to see through them. He blamed Batman for what had happened and took his revenge on him under the identity of the Ten-Eyed Man. Because of his indisputably unique abilities, he was employed by persons unknown as the only villain worthy to attack Man-Bat. During this fight, Man-Bat threw a shrub at him, getting hurt when he caught it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Let's not forget the Listener!

(okay, those are just *pictures* of ears all over his costume, but...)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
THE GOLDEN CENTURION (Stan)

Just slays me.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Good thing Mark Waid helped recon that piece of history in one page. (Justice League Year One)

I like that Lady Blackhawk is smirking in the background thanking God they didn't put her in some sort of maid outfit.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Selachian posted:

is Blackhawk wearing a nametag

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

dordreff posted:

is Blackhawk wearing a nametag

that reads "BLACKHA", yes.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hulk Smash! posted:

What's more ridiculous than Stilt-Man? The way that Stilt-Man was defeated by DD in their first matchup.

Daredevil no.8

You'd think that after escaping the hellscape that she'd want a change of clothes. If only so that looking in the mirror didn't trigger her PTSD constantly.

Like to point out how expressive and clean this art was, for >1964<. Wally Wood was the man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Selachian posted:

I seem to recall that issue where the JLA build a robot to kick the poo poo out of the Blackhawks and make them wear dumb superhero costumes to be all kinds of hilarious.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

I like how they're arm in arm. Very brotherly.

The Chinese guy's real name is Chop-chop.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

davidspackage posted:

You should be thankful they actually have a Chinese guy

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

davidspackage posted:

The terrifying thing is that that is apparently the much-improved version of the character, who was originally on par with the worst of 1940s racism:

:stare:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

He probably has clear eyelids like alligators or something. Where can I pick up my no prize?

Here you go.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cangelosi posted:

Good thing Mark Waid helped recon that piece of history in one page. (Justice League Year One)

I like that Lady Blackhawk is smirking in the background thanking God they didn't put her in some sort of maid outfit.

We need to like, pickle Mark Waid's brain before he starts to lose it and figure out how to program it to generate comic scripts in a perpetual nightmare.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Skwirl posted:

He probably has clear eyelids like alligators or something. Where can I pick up my no prize?

I just started reading Spider-Man & the X-Men and Eye-Boy definitely has lids on all his eyes. There were a couple of panels where the eyes were closed, and Mojo had him strapped in a Clockwork Orange dealie with hooks holding all of his eyelids open.

I find myself oddly relieved.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

mind the walrus posted:

We need to like, pickle Mark Waid's brain before he starts to lose it and figure out how to program it to generate comic scripts in a perpetual nightmare.

I was telling my friends the other day about how you can expect a certain kind of story from particular writers. Mark Waid's style I could only describe as comics.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Atomic Robo's web serialization has started The Savage Sword of Doctor Dinosaur.

Atomic Robo and a group of Action Scientists are exploring the ruins of Marconi's Nazi science city in Venezuela. Then, someone launches a rocket at them.

"I cannot possibly be the only one who wants to know where the rocket came from!"

"I wasn't not reloading!" is one of my favourite Doctor Dinosaur lines.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
That's an awful lot of crystals.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

DigitalRaven posted:

Atomic Robo's web serialization has started The Savage Sword of Doctor Dinosaur.

Atomic Robo and a group of Action Scientists are exploring the ruins of Marconi's Nazi science city in Venezuela. Then, someone launches a rocket at them.

"I cannot possibly be the only one who wants to know where the rocket came from!"

"I wasn't not reloading!" is one of my favourite Doctor Dinosaur lines.

Dang, I should have made a gif of the top right Robo panels for my avatar.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Zero_Tactility posted:

That's an awful lot of crystals.

So many crystals!!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Looks like a bunch of styrofoam painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, which I wouldn't put past Dr. Dinosaur.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Dolash posted:

Looks like a bunch of styrofoam painted with glow-in-the-dark paint, which I wouldn't put past Dr. Dinosaur.
Crystal surrogates!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

Oh, they're real crystals. Used to mind-control the denizens of the Hollow Earth.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

We tried that already. We got Irredeemable.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I ran across a couple panels from a Star Wars manga and pretty boy bishounen Chewbacca is the best and I can't stop laughing at him.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Thats, uh. That's a hell of a face for Chewie.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

a kitten posted:

I ran across a couple panels from a Star Wars manga and pretty boy bishounen Chewbacca is the best and I can't stop laughing at him.

Ah yes, Star Wars Manga. Where instead of cauterizing wounds, lightsabers, uh...

Huh.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Dang, I should have made a gif of the top right Robo panels for my avatar.

I'm trying to make this goddamn gif right now but I've apparently forgotten how to export a loving gif in Adobe ImageReady CS2 :suicide:

NEVERMIND I FIXED IT

Another if you prefer the classic double-twitch

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 18, 2015

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm trying to make this goddamn gif right now but I've apparently forgotten how to export a loving gif in Adobe ImageReady CS2 :suicide:

NEVERMIND I FIXED IT

I love you.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

a kitten posted:

strawberrymousse
Jul 13, 2012

BEHOLD, THE DRAMATIC REVEAL!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

NEVERMIND I FIXED IT

Another if you prefer the classic double-twitch

Yoink! I've held off almost three years on buying an avatar, but today is finally that day. :toot:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:effort:

Let me help you there.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I would've put more work into it but I was rushing to get it done before having to head into work v:shobon:v

That and I've forgotten almost all the gif tricks I knew.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 18, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Captain Bravo posted:

:effort:

Let me help you there.

I'm stealing the gently caress out of this for a few other forums. Not gonna rain on the original guy's parade.

Thanks a ton. :)

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

a kitten posted:

I remember seeing some panels from the ANH manga a few years ago, don't remember Chewie being drawn like that. From what I saw the ANH manga follows the movie pretty well, and Vader looks badass no matter the medium.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

OptimusShr posted:

I remember seeing some panels from the ANH manga a few years ago, don't remember Chewie being drawn like that. From what I saw the ANH manga follows the movie pretty well, and Vader looks badass no matter the medium.

I am not proud, but judging on that one line they are Hoth and Han and Luke are stranded outside at the beginning of ESB.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Literally Kermit posted:

I am not proud, but judging on that one line they are Hoth and Han and Luke are stranded outside at the beginning of ESB.

There is no shame in being able to identify a scene from one of the most popular movies of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Surprised they managed to make C-3PO so expressive.