Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

On Terra Firma posted:

Before clicking this thread I had assumed someone just disagreed with Fishmech, so it could be worse.

Yeah, he could have said he drank a gallon of milk every day.

EDIT: World's worst new page opener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

drakegrim posted:

true, but i do not think the founding fathers ever thought that Gov would be giving away handouts like they do because it ludicrous

Yeah I know.

Those lazy loving bums living off our tax dollars should all be drug out in the street and shot!

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Hollismason posted:

Hahaha I like how you can't even succeed at trolling and keeping your lies straight.

Guys I was totally trolling before, and not just lying to make myself sound important.... Guys?

Also :qq:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "How about this - I'm not a Yankees fan." ~ Marco Rubio, smartly, when asked in New Hampshire if he's a Red Sox fan.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

A Winner is Jew posted:

Sorry, I didn't know computer janitors were giving themselves imaginary titles now to fuel their own sense of self importance.

Right now I'm trying out Lord of Networks, Wet works, Procurement and Cyber security Adminstration. :shepface:

For some reason they won't let me file the reclassification paperwork for four different jobs.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

McDowell posted:

Nuclear fission is zero emissions. It is the best generating tech for replacing fossil fuels. We should be forcing Israel and Iran to make nice and build reactors.

Design a new type of reactor that is fueled by Israeli settlers

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

drakegrim posted:

true, but i do not think the founding fathers ever thought that Gov would be giving away handouts like they do because it ludicrous

*quotes 1790s-era laws providing welfare and forcing people to buy health insurance*

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

icantfindaname posted:

Design a new type of reactor that is fueled by Israeli settlers

We're trying for stable reactions not runaway radioactive killdozers.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

RuanGacho posted:

Right now I'm trying out Lord of Networks, Wet works, Procurement and Cyber security Adminstration. :shepface:

For some reason they won't let me file the reclassification paperwork for four different jobs.

make sure you put Douche bag in the title, it tends to pay more.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
whoa

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I didn't know you could do that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

drakegrim posted:

make sure you put Douche bag in the title, it tends to pay more.

As the "douche-bag" BIM programmer for Intel construction projects, I can assure you this is yet another lie.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

In 1968 the Big Mac was sold for 49 cents and the minimum wage was $1.60.
31~% of their hourly wage.

Today, the average cost of a Big Mac in America is $4.39 and the minimum wage is $7.25
61~% of their hourly wage.

these workers sure are getting to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think I've ever seen anyone gently caress up a custom title that badly before. Thats amazing.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

A Winner is Jew posted:

As the "douche-bag" BIM programmer for Intel construction projects, I can assure you this is yet another lie.

did you mean IBM? never heard of BIM, what is that?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

drakegrim posted:

did you mean IBM? never heard of BIM, what is that?

Google what architects... real ones this time... actually loving do.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone gently caress up a custom title that badly before. Thats amazing.

Hopefully it never gets fixed :allears:

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

Gravel Gravy posted:

Hopefully it never gets fixed :allears:

it will grow on me, i was starting to get tired with the default one.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If I make up bullshit titles for myself and bullshit stories that never happened (that also make me sound like a wealthy job creator) then maybe I won't hate myself tonight!
:goonsay:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't see any problem :confused:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

If I make up bullshit titles for myself and bullshit stories that never happened (that also make me sound like a wealthy job creator) then maybe I won't hate myself tonight!

Yeah, basically this.

The only thing that anyone could ever really bust me on is that I'm not actually jewish. My wife (fiance at the time who is actually jewish) just watched Hebrew Hammer like a week before I registered and I thought it was a funny play on words.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

A Winner is Jew posted:

The only thing that anyone could ever really bust me on is that I'm not actually jewish.

Oh man, I don't even know what's real anymore.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah, basically this.

The only thing that anyone could ever really bust me on is that I'm not actually jewish. My wife (fiance at the time who is actually jewish) just watched Hebrew Hammer like a week before I registered and I thought it was a funny play on words.

This is IRL very upsetting to me

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trabisnikof posted:

I am actually Big Boss in real life

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Oh man, I don't even know what's real anymore.

Well it's not confirmed at least. I have a huge nose and my grandmother who was adopted might have been jewish since she was great with money (why my family is rich actually) since her adoption was really shady and it could be that a poor family "sold" her since that happened a ton back then.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

GreyPowerVan posted:

Today, the average cost of a Big Mac in America is $4.39 and the minimum wage is $7.25

Um it's impossible to pay people a living wage this is just economics. :colbert:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
My Fox News-watching dad likes to fall asleep with it on and absorbed the BUY GOLD commercials and decided he wants to hoard gold.

He insisted to me & my brother that he isn't a crazy Paulite and he's just buying kruegerrands because they're cool. He's a collector not a nutso investor. He asked us what a guy who collects gold is called, and without missing a beat my brother said

"A Jew, dad. You're a Jew"

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
The fun part of economic orthodoxy is when it pretends that everyone could be a CEO and this would be a good thing.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

drakegrim did you just buy Effectronica that title?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

drakegrim posted:

i did rent some of my houses out as well

Ah, there we go.

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

icantfindaname posted:

no but some one just bought me this stupid title, i hate chrome

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

icantfindaname posted:

Effectronica's had that for a few days, so no.

But dude... he could totally buy everyone one of us AV's because he's so rich. :whatup:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
*322 unread posts since lunch*

Still the easiest threat to troll, huh?

Skipping what I'm sure is utter nonsense

So obviously, the discussion over health care remains paramount in this country. The Democrats seek to maintain, and hope to build on, the ACA. Republicans want to repeal it, but will need a replacement for the chaos that follows. Fortunately, they have a candidate who has written and implemented a healthh care plan before, whose successes can be examined for expansion to the rest of the nation. In 2008, then speaker of the Florida House, Marco Rubio created a private insurance market for Floridians. Seven years later we can consider it fairly - ]It serves 80 people. Oh stop boo-ing. There is nothing wrong with it. Seriously though, here's a breakdown of what a cockup it was

More love has been on the Warren write up in Time, but here is one of the Notorious RBG by Antonin Scalia

Majority of Americans now kinda sorta OK with the ACA. They want to at least give it time to work. Between this and the surge in Obama's economic handling and economic optimism, its pretty clear why she is running as his 3rd term

Huck is expected to announce tonight Because Friday evening isn't when you dump something in the news cycle you hope will get buried or anything

Here is my quote of the whatever, starring Rubio

quote:

Donning protective plastic glasses, the senator marveled at the equipment in a classroom.

“That’s going through it like butter,” he said.

“It hasn’t even touched it yet,” said Chris Scales, 32, a student and a Coast Guard veteran, who was demonstrating a machine.

The GOP senate is introducing more bills but getting less support for them. And of course, introducing bills isn't passing them.

Jeb has started using W's applause lines. Begs the question of common upbringing, same policy because he thought W was right, or because they have so much staff overlap. But we won't get into that because we are still covering Beanghazi. W won't be stumping for Jeb btw Gee, I wonder why?

Jeb has suggested end of life planning as a health care reform This is a good idea! I wonder why the ACA didn't have such a provision. eh, no matter. I'm certain it will in no way be misconstrued into something radically different.

Solid Vox explainer covering the TPP and why progressives are unhappy with it Here is a chaser with more power evaluations and speculation

Most of the rest of the news today is 2016 horse-race speculation, or ongoing quibbling about the Iran deal by pundits who want to blow it up and go to war.

However, in blatant pandering to Joementum, perfidious Canuck "scientists" have announced maple syrup could help fight bacterial infections

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 17, 2015

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

A Winner is Jew posted:

Effectronica's had that for a few days, so no.

But dude... he could totally buy everyone one of us AV's because he's so rich. :whatup:

whaaa, i'm trying to be like you man

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

drakegrim posted:

whaaa, i'm trying to be like you man

Until you're family has a street named after them in a fairly large city and you have a high 6 figure inheritance you can't be.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah, basically this.

Well Jesus, now I don't know what to believe. It's like the rug of reality has just been pulled out from under me

EDIT: Mods, please restore drakegrim's hosed up custom title, tia

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 17, 2015

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

GreyPowerVan posted:

But Walmart puts out those charity boxes asking it's customers to give canned food to it's starving workers. Where they get the cans is both close by and convenient.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

nah, that came from something he posted in imp zone, wierdly enough

drakegrim
Mar 26, 2015

A Winner is Jew posted:

Until you're family has a street named after them in a fairly large city and you have a high 6 figure inheritance you can't be.

guess ill keep slinging rocks then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Effectronica posted:

The fun part of economic orthodoxy is when it pretends that everyone could be a CEO and this would be a good thing.

I don't think orthodox economics says that in any way at all.

• Locked thread