Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat wears pajamas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

PiedPiper posted:

drat, they get so greedy when fighting with Blood-Starved Beast. I don't blame them, though.

I see Pat's previous advice to never bother with items and just heal through poison damage in DS2 has really stuck with Woolie (unfortunately for him). Dude is just hell bent on mashing triangle and never using an antidote until right before he's dead.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Slight tangent but assuming you know more about a game's mechanics than it does just because you've played other similar games has been one of the biggest error-inducing thoughts I've seen online.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I've felt bad for Matt lately cause I've noticed everyone always talks over him. All the time. It drives me nuts.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Depths posted:

Pat wears pajamas?

Pat's skin is his pajamas. He's like the blood-starved beast in that way.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

PiedPiper posted:

drat, they get so greedy when fighting with Blood-Starved Beast. I don't blame them, though.

I love that you can basically feel the force of Miyazaki's erection through the most recent BB video. Pat saying "Okay, backstepping her attacks is death!!!" and then ends up back stepping her attacks until he dies. is a GREAT example of this. Compare his first fight against her and his last fight against her in that video. Note the first time he is a lot braver, rolls forwards and left and he does way more damage? Then the second time, he fears it and ends up constantly positioning himself in the Get hosed Boi death swipes zone.

I loving love the Souls games so loving much you guys. Week of BSB, lets go!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shouldn't take that long, they know how to fight it, they just have to do it now

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Depths posted:

Pat wears pajamas?

Maybe his arcane sleeping ritual requires pj's

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEXgG4NlR8

Glad that Pat admitted that the bad ending is all his fault. Anything bad that happens to the characters from now until the get back to get the good ending is all Pat's doing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Moira's arm whipping around as she gets T-Phobos'd while she's trapped under rubble somehow feels more brutal to me than if they actually showed her dying. I haven't ever seen the bad end for Revelations 2 so I'm interested to see why everyone says it's the crappiest non-ending ever (though we've already talked about why getting it is ridiculous itt).

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Rhonne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEXgG4NlR8

Glad that Pat admitted that the bad ending is all his fault. Anything bad that happens to the characters from now until the get back to get the good ending is all Pat's doing.

You know how Matt was helping by shining the torch on the box Claire was carrying?

He was lightening the load.

I'll see myself out.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CJacobs posted:

Moira's arm whipping around as she gets T-Phobos'd while she's trapped under rubble somehow feels more brutal to me than if they actually showed her dying. I haven't ever seen the bad end for Revelations 2 so I'm interested to see why everyone says it's the crappiest non-ending ever (though we've already talked about why getting it is ridiculous itt).

Trust me when I say that the good ending is worth it. But the bad ending is also worth it just in a slightly different way.

Edit: this doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 17, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

Is the final boss as bad as Shao Kahn was at the end of MK9?

No, the final boss has like one stupid attack (Which it abuses relentlessly), but you can block it unlike all of Shao Kahn's dumb bullshit. Kahn was always a weird boss to me because I fuckin lost to him and then a few years later I would get the Vita version of the game and just wreck his poo poo. I think I just knew at some point how to fight him to the point where I beat him first try with Raiden in story mode.

That boss is still loving stupid though.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beef Waifu posted:

No, the final boss has like one stupid attack (Which it abuses relentlessly), but you can block it unlike all of Shao Kahn's dumb bullshit. Kahn was always a weird boss to me because I fuckin lost to him and then a few years later I would get the Vita version of the game and just wreck his poo poo. I think I just knew at some point how to fight him to the point where I beat him first try with Raiden in story mode.

That boss is still loving stupid though.

Subzero's hammers are almost the same as Shao Khan's... Man that was a broken chapter of my life. Let's talk about how Liam should totally invade Pat and Woolie.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 17, 2015

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

DumbparameciuM posted:

I love that you can basically feel the force of Miyazaki's erection through the most recent BB video. Pat saying "Okay, backstepping her attacks is death!!!"

Now I'm interested in seeing how gun-jumper Liam plays Bloodborne. His LP would have probably ended by now.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

DumbparameciuM posted:

I love that you can basically feel the force of Miyazaki's erection through the most recent BB video. Pat saying "Okay, backstepping her attacks is death!!!" and then ends up back stepping her attacks until he dies. is a GREAT example of this. Compare his first fight against her and his last fight against her in that video. Note the first time he is a lot braver, rolls forwards and left and he does way more damage? Then the second time, he fears it and ends up constantly positioning himself in the Get hosed Boi death swipes zone.

I loving love the Souls games so loving much you guys. Week of BSB, lets go!

Yeah I've noticed backstepping and generally being defensive basically puts you in the perfect position to get hit most of the time. While dodging toward enemies and generally being hyperaggressive makes it pretty simple. It can actually work pretty well in Dark Souls also but Pat and Woolie got so stuck into the "turtle behind your shield" thing they never got a lot of practice with other playstyles.

Anyway, I loved the latest Revelations video between Matt's repeated deaths for the sake of that lockbox and the "We made it!" line right before they failed. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pat kicking the Blood-Starved Beast's poo poo in at the beginning of this video was worth watching them ignore their own observations about how to play the game and get punished for being safe in the last one.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm so happy that they died to the sack guy.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lol that message on the ground at the end of the video

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This was perfect :allears:

Also the Pat boss streak stands unbroken

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

lets hang out posted:

lol that message on the ground at the end of the video

Oh god I hope they go left because I'm pretty sure that's the boss area.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

So did them wearing Gas Coin's stuff actually make a difference in that conversation they freaked out in, or was that a coincidence?

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
It does actually affect the conversation, although there are a few sets that work there.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Veotax posted:

So did them wearing Gas Coin's stuff actually make a difference in that conversation they freaked out in, or was that a coincidence?

If you're not wearing Gascoine's clothes or the White/Black Church Set she's afraid of you.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ok, fair enough. That's pretty cool.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Kimmalah posted:

Oh god I hope they go left because I'm pretty sure that's the boss area.

They can't do much else and they have two very angry bagmin on their tail. Week of Paarl confirmed.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So is it safe to assume tonight is MKX night?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Kimmalah posted:

Yeah I've noticed backstepping and generally being defensive basically puts you in the perfect position to get hit most of the time. While dodging toward enemies and generally being hyperaggressive makes it pretty simple. It can actually work pretty well in Dark Souls also but Pat and Woolie got so stuck into the "turtle behind your shield" thing they never got a lot of practice with other playstyles.

It's something that made me super mad in Dark Souls 2 - almost every human enemy can be nullified by running up to them and rolling forward left (some are forwards right) except for all the poo poo with auto tracking OH attacks.

I like how it's used in the Blood Starved Beast boss fight because the game has somewhat trained the player out of that method by the time you get to her. i.e. Gaskwahgne is all side steps and parries

Congraturation, Pat, on beating BSB with no consumables. What a run back :D It's also very obvious during the fast forward, you can see Pat is rolling forward left past her sweeping attacks, and he only gets hit twice by her. MWAHAH!

DPM fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 17, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

DumbparameciuM posted:

It's something that made me super mad in Dark Souls 2 - almost every human enemy can be nullified by running up to them and rolling forward left (some are forwards right) except for all the poo poo with auto tracking OH attacks.

I like how it's used in the Blood Starved Beast boss fight because the game has somewhat trained the player out of that method by the time you get to her. i.e. Gaskwahgne is all side steps and parries

Congraturation, Pat, on beating BSB with no consumables. What a run back :D It's also very obvious during the fast forward, you can see Pat is rolling forward left past her sweeping attacks, and he only gets hit twice by her. MWAHAH!

Unless you fight the boss of Cathedral Ward before the Beast, which basically just goes back to the classic Souls strategy of get behind/under it for the most part. And really the worst thing you can do with Gascoigne is roll away from him, so even he's not so great for that.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I am so glad they "found" Yhar'gul. :allears:

Pat posted:

Is this a survival horror game now?

Pretty much...

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They walked into the right place :allears:

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Yo, Matt, cancel whatever lame-o plans you had for Fisticuffs this week. Beowulf just dropped.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I finally started Bloodborne this morning (after getting the stupid "Game install incomplete. Cannot load save data" error that prompted me to re-install the game and patch).

For it being my first Miyazaki/Souls experience, I'm starting to understand what all the fuss is about. It's devilishly addicting. The farthest I got in Central Yharnam so far is those two loving werewolves on the bridge. I drew away the first one to an isolated area down the stairs, killed it, healed, starting fighting the second one, but he got the last blow on me before I got the last blow on him. Bastard. I'm sure it gets far worse, yet I can't wait to hop back on it in a few minutes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

A good poster posted:

Yo, Matt, cancel whatever lame-o plans you had for Fisticuffs this week. Beowulf just dropped.

You can't handle the majesty of Tobal #1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1yDxIBREKo

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
The interlacing is so real D:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

matt, please do not sully toryiama's good name by accusing him of being involved in brolys creation

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, I remember when the newest movie came out and the guy who made Broly was all up in arms about the villain not being nearly as cool or tough as his.
Also that MK9 challenge led me to find Max's channel and he doesn't seem half bad if you're a fighting game fan.

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Apr 18, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Considering how much Pat freaked out about seeing some minor "Chthulu poo poo" in the game (I think those were his words), I personally can't wait until their insight gets high and they get into some of the later stuff where things get super weird.

Charles Martel posted:

I finally started Bloodborne this morning (after getting the stupid "Game install incomplete. Cannot load save data" error that prompted me to re-install the game and patch).

For it being my first Miyazaki/Souls experience, I'm starting to understand what all the fuss is about. It's devilishly addicting. The farthest I got in Central Yharnam so far is those two loving werewolves on the bridge. I drew away the first one to an isolated area down the stairs, killed it, healed, starting fighting the second one, but he got the last blow on me before I got the last blow on him. Bastard. I'm sure it gets far worse, yet I can't wait to hop back on it in a few minutes.

Molotovs (and fire in general) will seriously hurt anything classified as a "beast." For those werewolves, it takes 2 each and they're dead. Don't be afraid to buy and use items like Pat is - I usually take whatever blood echoes I can't use for repairs/leveling and stock up on stuff because gently caress farming. The fact that this is your first Souls game will help a lot really.

HGH posted:

Also that MK9 challenge led me to find Max's channel and he doesn't seem half bad if you're a fighting game fan.

I thought the little jabs about Max's obnoxious donation alert were a nice touch. Between this and the MKX video I'm looking forward to more Mortal Kombat on the channel. I grew up on the franchise and it's still so terrible that it loops back around to good. :v:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Machinima-rtal Kombat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2L8dvKrHYQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man that was great. MK cross Friends, Test Your Might, the Krypt... I wonder if the other ladder endings have poo poo like the Kamidogu or Shujinko too.
And Shinnok is voiced by Troy Baker? Man I didn't even notice that was him, seeing him get his face beat down is even better now. Although him turning into litteraly Diablo as the final boss is such a move down from Shao Khan.

Kimmalah posted:

I thought the little jabs about Max's obnoxious donation alert were a nice touch. Between this and the MKX video I'm looking forward to more Mortal Kombat on the channel. I grew up on the franchise and it's still so terrible that it loops back around to good. :v:
I thought those were legit at first because Twitch donation "rewards" these have pretty much transformed into a little song and dance number every time someone gives a quarter really.
And I was too oblivious as a kid/teen to realize those games were bad, so I pretty much 100% all of 5,6 and 7, and had a laugh playing with friends, so it's always been good for me and just got even better now.