Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Cobbsprite posted:

God, no. Dump the ion cannon and AC, dump the failsafe on Maarek Stele, give Jendon Predator and either Fleet Officer or Weapons Engineer. Fleet Officer will let you shoot prockets and keep a focus with your target lock for massive damage, Weapons Engineer will give you a bonus target lock to pass to Scoots.

Yeah, I probably will dump the ion cannon and AC. Jendon doesn't have an EPT slot though for Predator. I'm thinking maybe rebel captive to stress anyone firing on the shuttle because Stele and Fel have dodged their arc.

Plenty of time to tinker with this list as I practice with it waiting for the Raider to be released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I need to practice with the TIE/ad and TIE/d before the Raider is released too.

Or just Vader + many TIEs.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Endman are you in Sydney?

And what's with the high custom title turnover at the moment?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I guess we'll be seeing the T-70 X-Wing as a new model in an upcoming wave. There's no way it'll be a title card when they could make more plastic. I wonder how long FFG has had the specs and if they've already designed a mini.

I hope this doesn't stop them from fixing the classic T-65.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Halverine posted:

Endman are you in Sydney?

And what's with the high custom title turnover at the moment?

I'm in Tasmania. I'm also apparently really good at irritating people in the D&D Australian Politics thread to the point where they spend loads of money on avatars. :shrug:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Don't put Munitions Failsafe on things with Prockets; By definition, the more dice you're rolling, the lower the value of Munitions Failsafe.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Shockeh posted:

Don't put Munitions Failsafe on things with Prockets; By definition, the more dice you're rolling, the lower the value of Munitions Failsafe.

Especially don't put Munitions Failsafe on things you have Advanced Targeting Computer, or other upgrades that get you guaranteed hits.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Madurai posted:

Especially don't put Munitions Failsafe on things you have Advanced Targeting Computer, or other upgrades that get you guaranteed hits.
How would ATC have any effect on Munitions Failsafe? It only affects primaries for a start and second, the crit it creates can still be evaded.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Madurai posted:

This is a dumb post.

Put munitions failsafe on everything. Anything can be avoided. If you shoot and miss and don't have it, you wasted 3-6x the points cost of having it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Tekopo posted:

How would ATC have any effect on Munitions Failsafe? It only affects primaries for a start and second, the crit it creates can still be evaded.

My bad, I missed the primary-weapon-only part.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Wave 7 -

K-Wing

TIE Punisher

Kihraxz Fighter

Hound's Tooth

https://twitter.com/teamcovenant/status/589182443686506496

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Well we have a new contender for 'ugliest TIE in X-Wing' award. No Assault Gunboat :(

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The K-Wing's not much prettier tbh.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Well we have a new contender for 'ugliest TIE in X-Wing' award. No Assault Gunboat :(

The Defender still exists, so not even close.

Disappointed they went with the heavy bomber instead of the Avenger.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

"Wave 7, the ships no one was looking forward to"(tm)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Hey now, I was looking forward to the Hound's Tooth, Bossk owns.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg posted:

Wave 7 -

K-Wing

TIE Punisher

Kihraxz Fighter

Hound's Tooth

https://twitter.com/teamcovenant/status/589182443686506496

the K-wing is so disgustingly clown car levels of ugly

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

K-Wings are like upgraded Y-Wings

in other words, they own.

edit: 4 attack turret. make it happen.

alg fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 17, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
OP updated!

Man, I kinda like that we keep getting weird [LETTER]-Wing ships. I always had a soft spot for the K-Wing.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Hound's Tooth owns, the rest of this wave is pretty mediocre though.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The Defender still exists, so not even close.

Disappointed they went with the heavy bomber instead of the Avenger.

If you want an Avenger just cut out parts of the TIE Advanced, it'll look exactly the same.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I don't really see the point of the TIE Punisher. It's a bomber but with... more bombs??

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Devlan Mud posted:

Hound's Tooth owns, the rest of this wave is pretty mediocre though.

I dunno, the new Scum fighter looks pretty cool just going off pictures, its got a bit of a hot rod thing going. Hound's Tooth is nice because you can pair it with Slave I and the IG-2000 and do scum bounty hunters. As for the Punisher I confess to enjoying the heavy TIE designs in a "military ugly" sense. The K-Wing is the big loser here as far as I'm concerned.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cargohills posted:

If you want an Avenger just cut out parts of the TIE Advanced, it'll look exactly the same.

The Avenger is also the production run of the x1 and has four laser cannons instead of two, which is a chance to have different stats and a different dial.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Maybe since they're including both the Punisher and K-Wing in this wave it means they're doing something new with regards to ordnance.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Kai Tave posted:

Maybe since they're including both the Punisher and K-Wing in this wave it means they're doing something new with regards to ordnance.

IIRC they were going to have wave seven focus on missiles and torpedoes, so this would keep in line with that.

ExtraCheese
Apr 16, 2014
Is that a 180 arc on Hounds Tooth? :getin:

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The Avenger is also the production run of the x1 and has four laser cannons instead of two, which is a chance to have different stats and a different dial.

Eh, I was just never a fan of the Avenger or the Interceptor in the TIE Fighter games, which is why I don't much like it. I prefered the tight shot grouping of TIE Fighters. I feel like the Avenger was just a lazy design, too - basically an Advanced and an Interceptor smashed together.

edit: also, shields are for cowards and rebels.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I would have said that the Avenger is too close to the TIE Advanced for it to make sense, but now we've got the Punisher, that argument flew out the window.

I'd prefer to see the TIE Hunter, since it looks super cool and pointy, but I have no idea where you'd fit it in between the regular TIE and the Interceptor.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Devlan Mud posted:

IIRC they were going to have wave seven focus on missiles and torpedoes, so this would keep in line with that.

Well that's cool and hopefully they can do something interesting with it. They have plenty of both already in the game, they just need something to make them slightly more worth utilizing, and if they can pull it off I'd love to mess around with some ordnance focused builds. Rampant speculation but they could even be working on some new sort of special action to give the K-Wing and Punisher with regards to launched weapons that they could then package into a mod for other ships to use. Or not, who knows.

Now let's go Z'ceptor for Wave 8:

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Kai Tave posted:

Well that's cool and hopefully they can do something interesting with it. They have plenty of both already in the game, they just need something to make them slightly more worth utilizing, and if they can pull it off I'd love to mess around with some ordnance focused builds. Rampant speculation but they could even be working on some new sort of special action to give the K-Wing and Punisher with regards to launched weapons that they could then package into a mod for other ships to use. Or not, who knows.

Now let's go Z'ceptor for Wave 8:

I would fly the hell out of that beautiful ship.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy poo poo the K-Wing. FFG truly knows no bounds when it comes to the EU.

I can't make out what the stat line is for it but am I reading this right? The K-wang can target lock, focus and ...something else?

TIE Punisher is a bomber that can boost?

Endman
May 18, 2010

zVxTeflon posted:

the K-wing is so disgustingly clown car levels of ugly

It... it really is. It's not like the EU is canon any more, they could have modified it a bit to look less like some kind of horrible mutated spaceship abortion. :negative:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Endman posted:

It... it really is. It's not like the EU is canon any more, they could have modified it a bit to look less like some kind of horrible mutated spaceship abortion. :negative:

On the other hand somewhere out there some Star Wars nerd is beside himself with joy that they're making a K-Wing unit that's perfectly faithful to the original depiction. You know it's true. X-Wang is about fan service among other things. Let that dude have his moment.

edit; Some better pictures of the new ships here.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 18, 2015

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Yay for The Hounds Tooth! And for the new Scum fighter!

Meh for the other stuff. They look ugly but might have some good upgrades. I hope so because holy poo poo we know we are going to buy one of everything.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I want an Uglies wave. I want it so bad.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Honestly, I think the TIE Predator isn't that ugly at all. I mean it's not very original...okay, so it's an upgunned version of the Bomber so instead of one extra cylinder we'll give it four...but I still think it looks pretty good for what it is, it reminds me of old-style space rocket booster assemblies, big chunky collections of cylinders designed to explosively lob poo poo into orbit. It's Imperial as hell is what I'm saying.

The K-Wing is a bit of a reach, I admit. What other Rebel ships are there at this point though? They've done pretty much everything that's prominently recognizable by this point, they've already tapped out Shadows of the Empire and the E-Wing, and so far it seems that they aren't going to be drawing on the prequels anytime soon. So, I mean, what's left?

They could always go and do another set of Aces packs like people were spitballing, and frankly I think that'd be a good idea...Rebel Aces 2 with more Rogue Squadron stuff and some X-Wing/Y-Wing love, maybe Imperial Aces with a TIE Avenger model/title for the Advanced and, I dunno, a Bomber or something. But as far as new Rebel fighter-scale ships go I'm drawing a blank.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
So that gives each faction 2 large ships. Except technically scum can take the firespray too and run 3. Be cool if you can do a triple BH list.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

jassi007 posted:

So that gives each faction 2 large ships. Except technically scum can take the firespray too and run 3. Be cool if you can do a triple BH list.

Well technically Imperials have three as well, the Firespray, the Shuttle, and the Decimator. But yeah, all Scum bounty hunters was my first thought, run Boba Fett, IG-88, and Bossk together, though a completely vanilla Boba Fett and any IG-88 without any upgrades to speak of is like 75 points on its own, so it'd probably only be feasible in a 150 point game or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I know the game is balanced for 100 points but I'd like to start playing more 150 point games, especially as the library of available ships and upgrades keeps growing.

• Locked thread