Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I cant figure out how to bind accelerate to the left side of the controller though. All the presets leave them alone and you can't rebind them.

i found a way to rebind the controller when i was doing the intro mission but looking at the menu i can't find it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

oh it was just gamepad calibration sorry

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Not sure if you can use it with an actual xbox controller, but if you have another one you could run x360ce and bind to your heart's desire.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Repping the Obese Brotherhood in full on Sir Mode:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone come to my apartment and photograph me drinking wine.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Knuc U Kinte posted:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Someone come to my apartment and photograph me drinking wine.

On my way.

Edit: oops you meant in GTA. Nvm.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

man nurse posted:

Alright, for any GTX 780 users or similar hardware, I've achieved constant 60 fps with no stuttering at 1080p with incredible graphical fidelity. Give this a shot.

The most important thing is to turn off the in-game vsync and force it through your control panel along with triple buffering. This completely eliminated the stuttering I was having as well as framerate drops.

After that, these are the settings I was able to push it to:

- 1920x1080
- DX 11
- Fullscreen
- AF 16x
- 2x MSAA + TXAA
- Reflection MSAA @ Off
- Textures, Environments, Water, Shadows, Shaders, Tesselation @ Very High
- Ambient Occlusion, Post FX, Grass, Particles @ High
- Reflections @ Ultra
- Soft Shadows @ Softer
- Long Shadows, Streaming While Flying @ On
- High Res Shadows @ Off
- Population Density/Variety, Distance scaling all @ 100%
- Extended Distance & Shadows both @ 60%

It's so loving smooth and good looking after I messed with it for a few days and got this configuration. Hope this helps anyone who's still dialing poo poo in.

Huh, enabling triple buffering seemed to make performance worse on my 970

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i'm having a lot of fun playing this game, it's cool

no technical problems either

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I get into GTA:O, do the first race, then am sent on an epic 30 minute car chase that goes around the whole map highway loop multiple times to pick up a small bag of cocaine from the driver.

That was a very poor time for my mouse to start clicking through the game window causing basically 10 alt-tabs in a row until I could get the game window to capture the mouse again.

But then I robbed some stores and got a muscle car so I'm ok now.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Kylra posted:

But then I robbed some stores and got a muscle car so I'm ok now.

Semi-relevant: When do the cops stop going absolutely apeshit when you hold up a store? I'm getting an instant 5 star wanted level when I knock over liquor stores now, trying to evade that poo poo for four grand isn't worth it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i feel dumb for missing the boat on playing this game on the console release because everyone is talking about online heists and ranking up and poo poo and I'm too busy in single player doing story missions and mountain biking

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

zen death robot posted:

Rob liquor stores with a fighter jet

I tried doing it with a stunt plane, but the loving cops just shotgun me in the face while I fiddle with the canopy. :negative:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wear a mask when you rob a store and take it off when cops cant see you.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my roommate paid me rent in cash for some reason so im going to spend $40 of it on steam wallet cards before putting the rest in my bank account
then buy gtav

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I bought the most expensive Del PErro apartment in GTA Online because the description said ithad beach views and when I went inside after buying it, all I can see out the window is another loving building.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

poo poo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I should have googled the views and chose based upon that.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Wow, does that actually work?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I bought the most expensive Del PErro apartment in GTA Online because the description said ithad beach views and when I went inside after buying it, all I can see out the window is another loving building.

I did the same.. you get a sick view of the ferris wheel, though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im playing in mostly only 3rd person now because the first person camera is sooooo bad. I can't take the FOV. There's a mod that makes it wider for on-foot, but it might possibly get you banned and also it doesn't affect the vehicle FOV, which is my main problem in the first place.

So here's hoping it gets fixed, soon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Franklin's car is the funniest to drive in first person because you can't see out the back, especially with the roll cage and if you have the ram hood and sunstrip you can't see out the front either.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

We should get a squad together and have a crack at these:

ALL IN ORDER - $1,000,000
Complete every heist, including setup missions, in order.

CRIMINAL MASTERMIND - $10,000,000
Complete every heist (including setup missions) in order, with the same team members on hard difficulty with no deaths.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I plyed the setuop heist for fleeca and the pub i did it with left at the very end and the mission failed.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Franklin's car is the funniest to drive in first person because you can't see out the back, especially with the roll cage and if you have the ram hood and sunstrip you can't see out the front either.

The armored car for the first heist is also almost impossible to see out of.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

The armored car for the first heist is also almost impossible to see out of.

it also breaks the poo poo out of the game when you buy it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was playing as trevor and a guy tazed me in the desert and sexually molested me, that was weird

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sleeping Dogs is loving cool.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I am very bad at this game.

The interface just keeps loving with me and feels very clunky. I can't fly worth a poo poo and any match that requires it is just not fun. I am a terrible gamer and I'm turning in my Gamer Card right now.

I'm trying to gitgood but does anyone have any pro tips to make it a bit more streamlined? Also peoples overhead names keep randomly disappearing and they aren't in stealth.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

just discovered honking at police cars can get you two wanted stars. a cop was driving after someone else with it's lights on, and it seemed to be going in cirles, so i just started following it around and honking my horn. it tried to pull me over and then gave me two stars when i drove away

drat, wasn't expecting that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I won a race in GTA Online and then got stuck at the zoomed out cityscape loading screen thing for 20 minutes before the game crashed. Win.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i like that civilians report crimes instead of just screaming and running away. stabbed a juggalo and someone reported me....it was a public service

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Is there anything you can safely delete after installing this game to make it take up less space, like with FF13.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Sleeping Dogs is loving cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that there's two sides to every story, choices you can make to determine what side f justice you want to be on - for instance in the Triad missions you drive cars very fast and steal drugs from hobos and beat the poo poo out Hong Kong low life's. As a cop, you meet these same low lifes and slice their face to pieces with a meat cleaver before tying up their cold, dead bodies with handcuffs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Objective: Kill the Deadbeat by throwing him into the Phone Booth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry for hijacking your thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
You should make a Sleeping Dogs thread.

• Locked thread