Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jayisspecial posted:

I also feel like there was no way Scarra would have been supportive of removing players after they presumably lobbied to some degree to have him put in place. It was incestuous. CLG had a chance this split to pay big money for some foreign talent and instead they went with the lovely, inexperienced failure that is Scarra while also keeping Link. It's too bad they didn't get relegated, really. It sounds like there's challenger teams more invested in building a team than them.

There's something to be said about not throwing out the baby with the bath water. CLG has some issues running deeper than the roster/coach, and solving those should be the priority before shelling out for Korean talent who might not work out despite paying a hefty sum of money for. Their performance in the league was generally very good but they fell apart at the end, like they've done with pretty much every lineup they've had since LCS started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Scarra might have been fine as a team mom/coach for laning and poo poo, but they need a real head coach.

I notice they put the age as 25+; they must have seen that Summoning Insight thing w/ Dentist.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

hotshot....making good decisions? what is this world?

also has incarnati0n been picked up by anyone? feels like its this dudes time to shine

it's almost definitely C9

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Allyn posted:

She was a mid laner in season 3 (or was it 4? I forget)

Was this back when Riven was total horseshit and red pot start was all the rage or after?

Also what is Elementz up to these days? I'm surprised we haven't seen him pop up as a coach for a lower level team. He seemed to be really levelheaded and had actual sports experience to draw on for lessons on keeping team morale pretty positive.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Schiavona posted:

Was this back when Riven was total horseshit and red pot start was all the rage or after?

Also what is Elementz up to these days? I'm surprised we haven't seen him pop up as a coach for a lower level team. He seemed to be really levelheaded and had actual sports experience to draw on for lessons on keeping team morale pretty positive.

He coached old coach, he was bad, and he brought that real sports hype poo poo like chants and all the players hated it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

CLG is hilarious but this is a good decision. Their pick/ban and overall strategy was pretty drat bad.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

KicksYouInHalf posted:

He coached old coach, he was bad, and he brought that real sports hype poo poo like chants and all the players hated it

I dunno, it sounded more like he just had expectations w/r/t schedule and dedication that Coast didn't really match up to. They just wanted to wake up late and solo q, he wanted them to get up before noon, exercise, analyze, and whatnot. It wasn't a bad idea, it's what a lot of better teams do, but Coast was just not going to have that happen.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

foutre posted:

I dunno, it sounded more like he just had expectations w/r/t schedule and dedication that Coast didn't really match up to. They just wanted to wake up late and solo q, he wanted them to get up before noon, exercise, analyze, and whatnot. It wasn't a bad idea, it's what a lot of better teams do, but Coast was just not going to have that happen.

From the sounds of things, literally no western team does that. Not to say it isn't a good idea but big part of being a good coach is motivating players to improve and he very clearly was going about it the wrong way. Hell, it's really hard to motivate people to go the extra mile when you are a player infamous for doing the bare minimum. There is a reason that no better teams picked him up in literally any capacity even if he had a good plan laid out.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

From what Sneaky says on stream, they get up at noon ish and end up at the Logitech offices practicing until like 7 or 8.

And the Team Liquid series is up again. Quas just made me feel old... he was 5 when he got an N64, and his first game was Age of Empires 2. Although there are some fantastic Comms from the show. Piglet yells "Doublift! One Handed! YeahhhH!" during his game on Kog.

Calax fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 18, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Every top team plays like 12 hours a day & if they want those hours to be between noon and two am who cares. I mean it would clearly be better for all of them if they had like a house chef and had to run a mile every day but ultimately who gives a poo poo.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

There's something to be said about not throwing out the baby with the bath water. CLG has some issues running deeper than the roster/coach, and solving those should be the priority before shelling out for Korean talent who might not work out despite paying a hefty sum of money for. Their performance in the league was generally very good but they fell apart at the end, like they've done with pretty much every lineup they've had since LCS started.

Yep. It's more or less a violation of 'dance with the girl that brung ya' - Scarra didn't fix every problem, but he created an environment where CLG players were actually happy playing and had the framework to succeed outside of patch adaptation. It seems like a pretty shortsighted move in my opinion.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Thoooooorin apparently forgot that IEM San Jose existed and featured a UoL vs TSM matchup (in his show he acted like he'd orgasm if Power of Evil 1v1 killed Bjergsen... which has already happened).

And now I'm finishing the Liquid show, and holy poo poo they have the audio of the between game meetings it's mostly discussion of picks and bans.

Calax fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 18, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Was Omg/LGD any good or not worth watching? Maybe I'll just pick up on second round of LPL.

I watched Jin Air take a steamy dump Vs CJ this afternoon and wish I had just gambled on the LPL series VOD instead. That wasn't even competitive. What happened to Jin Air?

Scarra sucks at pretty much everything. It was a joke that CLG hired him so I'm not surprised that they finally realized it. CLG needs more work than that though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

Was Omg/LGD any good or not worth watching? Maybe I'll just pick up on second round of LPL.

I watched Jin Air take a steamy dump Vs CJ this afternoon and wish I had just gambled on the LPL series VOD instead. That wasn't even competitive. What happened to Jin Air?

Scarra sucks at pretty much everything. It was a joke that CLG hired him so I'm not surprised that they finally realized it. CLG needs more work than that though.
Jin Air didn't adapt to the meta, and this meta is probably the best meta for Shy since people were proxy farming in each other's bases in Season 2.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

I think its less about Jin Air and more about CJ playing amazingly. They had full control of the games and they never let up.

But still, I think Jin Air were somewhat of a meta team and they haven't figured out how to adapt.

Imp/Acorn/Flame played nicely vs OMG. OMG picked really badly though

e: Speaking of steamy dumps, watching Energy Pacemaker take down both nexus turrets when they had almost their whole base and then proceed to lose the game anyways was sad.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 18, 2015

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Schiavona posted:

During that exact time, and also during the hight of the assassin meta, which Riven helpfully crapped all over in addition her being complete horseshit in the hands of a competent player.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
http://ask.fm/nuk3duck/answer/128469800875

apparently roccat aren;t gonna make any roster changes, so rip

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Woolite will be suicidal by the end of next split.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Flipswitch posted:

Woolite will be suicidal by the end of next split.

I thought ROCCAT had already released Woolite?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

I thought ROCCAT had already released Woolite?

they probably tried a couple out but just couldn't find anyone else who could walk into unwarded bushes with such finesse

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Jesus Madrid is LOUD

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Calax posted:

Jesus Madrid is LOUD

Spaniards are more passionate than Germans, who'd a thunk it?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

:aaa:

rabidsquid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVtQ-iqhGA8

Also this is the best reaction play I have ever seen in League of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_j9g4SSMw

:aaaaa:

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 18, 2015

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Leviathan looks like his razor broke halfway through shaving this morning and just decided gently caress it.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And Forg1ven gets MVP for the spring split.

Not Diamond

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Calax posted:

Not Diamond

You can make strong arguments for both. I think it's partly because forgiven is a 'comeback' player, or at least riot really wants him to be.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

I mean, that was the end of Regi's career tbf. That situation is hosed for Zed because Regi didn't dodge anything with his ult.

Calax posted:

Not Diamond

I think that's fine tbh.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

rabidsquid posted:

Also this is the best reaction play I have ever seen in League of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_j9g4SSMw

Not Faker, but this is a pretty sick reaction play too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70hSHYuI_A0

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
forgiven 100% deserved that award

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Yeah as much as I love Diamond he wasn't in the conversation compared to Forg1ven and Huni tbh

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Esport crowds in spain are awesome.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Is it just me or does the aspect ratio on p/b screen look out of whack? Everything looks slightly squished

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Allyn posted:

Is it just me or does the aspect ratio on p/b screen look out of whack? Everything looks slightly squished

Not just you, looks like something is being forced from 4:3 to 16:something.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
huh, Sejuani is up *picks nidalee and reksai*

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Was Diamond a top vote getter for MVP or however they decide it? I didn't even figure him to be in the discussion. It was like Forgiven or Febiven in my opinion, and Forgiven is probably more deserving from his split performance.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It's nice of EU LCS to play warmup for the main event which is the Brazil CBLOL final

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wasn't Diamond pretty awful at the start of the split?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

CODChimera posted:

Wasn't Diamond pretty awful at the start of the split?

yeah he was shaky as gently caress at points, i wouldnt give him mvp at all

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

EU's non Forgiven ADCs are pretty lackluster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That spear must've been so close to hitting Forgiven.

• Locked thread