Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

embarrasing tank posted:

Is Elway the dude who didn't want to be drafted by a bad team, so he essentially blackmailed them in to trading the spot by saying he would play baseball? I thought that was why tff hated him, or is that an urban legend I've been fooled in to thinking was real?

Eh, Bo Jackson didn't the same thing, except it wasn't a threat, he literally did just go play baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chilichimp posted:

Eh, Bo Jackson didn't the same thing, except it wasn't a threat, he literally did just go play baseball.

Well people forgive Bo because the Raiders hosed him pretty hard.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

the difference is is tampa actually did something to bo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

did all his bad deeds before winning his first Super Bowl

So did Aaron Hernandez

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Petite Dinklage posted:

For some reason this image is being deleted on my browser. Adblock is off, too.

Rehosted from imgur because I want everyone to be able to laugh at Alex.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well people forgive Bo because the Raiders hosed him pretty hard.

Bucs hosed him, not the Raiders

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cruel and Unusual posted:

They were in Baltimore at the time. But Bob Irsay would get trashed during games and try to call his own plays. He was a bad owner.

Was it really that far back? I feel old and I'm only a couple years past 30

Oh poo poo Elway was born in Port Angeles WA. Did not know that

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 17, 2015

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

Rehosted from imgur because I want everyone to be able to laugh at Alex.

he's our quarterback :qq:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alex Smith has more playoff wins than Matt Stafford, Andy Dalton and Ryan Tannehill

he just. wins

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Bad Moon posted:

Was it really that far back? I feel old and I'm only a couple years past 30

Oh poo poo Elway was born in Port Angeles WA. Did not know that

He actually states in the From Elway to Marino 30 for 30 he would have been happy playing for Seattle because he was from the Pac NW and had family there

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
A look into the Winston civil suit.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-jameis-winston-rape-lawsuit-has-some-damaging-new-information

Oof. It's rough guys.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Febreeze posted:

He actually states in the From Elway to Marino 30 for 30 he would have been happy playing for Seattle because he was from the Pac NW and had family there

Elway2Largent. I...I don't know how I'd feel about that

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 18, 2015

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Also, it looks like the Elway-to-Denver trade was put together by Bob Irsay without telling his coach or GM. And this is what his mom said about him.

The Baltimore Sun posted:

Estranged from his parents and brother, who accused the team owner of inventing an impoverished upbringing and denying his Jewish roots, Mr. Irsay was called "a devil on earth" by his mother in a 1986 interview with Sports Illustrated.

"He stole all our money and said goodbye. He don't care for me. When my husband got sick and got the heart attack, he (Bob) took advantage. He was no good," Elaine Irsay told the magazine.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Jesus I forgot the whole reason Cleveland hates Elway was because he did not go to Baltimore, not that he didn't go to Cleveland

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

This sounds pretty damning.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SA2K posted:

Bucs hosed him, not the Raiders

........gently caress.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hmm nope there was no way that the Tallahassee PD helped cover this up nope they did all the necessary police work and would never protect an athlete

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jesus I forgot the whole reason Cleveland hates Elway was because he did not go to Baltimore, not that he didn't go to Cleveland

It's the Drive

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Why would you even pretend to want to draft him at this point?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SA2K posted:

It's the Drive

Your team collapsing and making GBS threads all over the field is a poor excuse for calling Elway the devil.

The only logical reason to hate John Elway is if you're a Baltimore Colts fans, get over it goobers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just read a theory about why Jim Tomsula is such a wreck in interviews & it's that he drops a million fucks a second and all he can focus on in the interviews is not saying gently caress. I like this theory.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spoeank posted:

I just read a theory about why Jim Tomsula is such a wreck in interviews & it's that he drops a million fucks a second and all he can focus on in the interviews is not saying gently caress. I like this theory.

a coach after my own heart. I'm doing office job interviews after 3 years of working in a kitchen, and that's likely what i'll be doing as well.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

shiksa posted:

a coach after my own heart. I'm doing office job interviews after 3 years of working in a kitchen, and that's likely what i'll be doing as well.

I drop F bombs in the office, when I interview people and when I've interviewed. Unless you're working for a church or sales or something, you should be fine. So if true, I like that Tomsula man.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

shiksa posted:

Your team collapsing and making GBS threads all over the field is a poor excuse for calling Elway the devil.

The only logical reason to hate John Elway is if you're a Baltimore Colts fans, get over it goobers.

Does this mean I can still hate Eli?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SA2K posted:

yes

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.

Spoeank posted:

I cuss all the loving time outside of work and can turn it off when I'm in the office. I call bullshit on this theory trying to mask his obvious inability to speak coherently in general.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Statement-from-Cleveland-Browns-QB-Johnny-Manziel/4b19b920-8197-4e46-a166-a4ca62d872fe

Johnny Manziel posted:

"I would like to thank my family, friends, the Browns organization, my teammates, and Browns fans everywhere, for your patience, understanding, and support during my stay at Caron. The doctors and staff have been amazing and what I’ve learned in the last couple of months has been tremendous. I owe private apologies to a lot of people that I disappointed but a very public one to the Browns organization and the fans that I let down. I take full responsibility for my actions and it’s my intention to work very hard to regain everyone’s trust and respect. I understand that will take time and will only happen through what I do and not what I say. I also understand there’s a lot of curiosity about this but anyone who has a friend or family-member that’s been through things like this knows it’s an ongoing process. I’m going to continue to ask folks to try to respect my privacy as I determine to what degree I am comfortable talking about a subject which I consider very personal. Most of you have been considerate about that and I thank you for it. I look forward to seeing my teammates next week and focusing on football and my desire to be the best possible player, teammate, and man that I can be.”

Kind of boilerplate but there's some hope that he actually unfucked himself.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If you haven't seen it yet, the Tiki Barber episode of Chopped is on Netflix. Season 2 episode 11. Also has Danica Patrick and two people I don't recognize at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Winston is a piece of poo poo. gently caress him and that whole school and police department.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

So he's pretty much the big piece of poo poo we all feared he was.

So is the school. So is the TPD. We're going full-blown worst-case scenario here.

Arya, do you remember where the heart is?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

If you haven't seen it yet, the Tiki Barber episode of Chopped is on Netflix. Season 2 episode 11. Also has Danica Patrick and two people I don't recognize at all.

Tiki aces his way through the second round then inexplicably drops out to go on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Unsacastically good job having this come out right before the draft to tank his position and cost him money by her lawyer gently caress that piece of poo poo and the college and cops who let him skate

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

SA2K posted:

Forever and ever and ever. :allears:

'oh no i don't wanna play in the sun where it's nice waah'

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Bad Moon posted:

Unsacastically good job having this come out right before the draft to tank his position and cost him money by her lawyer gently caress that piece of poo poo and the college and cops who let him skate

it's not going to cost him his position, or do anything

the only good thing about this case is at least it never got far enough for double jeopardy to kick in

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

the only good thing about this case is at least it never got far enough for double jeopardy to kick in

are you talking about the civil case? if so double jeopardy doesn't crossover from criminal to civil cases

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

It's a civil suit... there is no double jeopardy.

edit: gently caress beaten.

To add, this is why OJ Walked for the murders of his wife and her lover, but was later sued by her family in civil court and lost.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The #1 draft pick. A rapist.

Yeah gently caress all of that. What a cover up. It's disgusting.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

jameis is going to be the #1 overall pick and receive a 6 game suspension that is reduced to 4 when he manages to go a whole month without saying "gently caress her in the pussy"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Metapod posted:

are you talking about the civil case? if so double jeopardy doesn't crossover from criminal to civil cases

I mean that they can still bring criminal charges up later because it's not like he was acquitted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Raku posted:

I mean that they can still bring criminal charges up later because it's not like he was acquitted.

Yeah, I don't know if formal charges were brought against him.

• Locked thread