Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
the knobs on the nord lead 3 are really cool. wanted a rack version of that synth for a long time. it's also 4 part multitimbral IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I spent a few hours playing with a waldorf microwave xt once and it was very fun [and very orange]

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Granbar posted:

the knobs on the nord lead 3 are really cool. wanted a rack version of that synth for a long time. it's also 4 part multitimbral IIRC

yeah, they've been like that since v1

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got a qunexus keyboard. someone tell me it'll work with my iPad in the focus rite dock.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sniep posted:

you start with a wave and then you gently caress that wave up until it sounds good

put a donk on it

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Dr. Honked posted:

put a honk on it

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Sniep posted:

you start with a wave and then you gently caress that wave up until it sounds good

i've literally been thinking about this post all day

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Mr. Glass posted:

i've literally been thinking about this post all day

why?

it's what synths are, a wave generator and then a collection of poo poo to gently caress the wave up in specific ways

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

its just a wave and you add things and take things away and the wave can be anything

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
and yet, people still make dubstep

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
any sound can be deconstructed to a list of sine wave frequency and amplitude and start and stop points :2bong:

its just a big list if you want it perfect

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

well, dubstep is what happens when a sampler with a dying battery plays back a dog fart

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
what happens when a wave changes a wave that is changed by the waves in the air and then your brainwaves change your perception of what wave? # wow #whoa welcome to psychoacoustics

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Jonny 290 posted:

any sound can be deconstructed to a list of sine wave frequency and amplitude and start and stop points :2bong:

its just a big list if you want it perfect

get out of here with your FM voodoo

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Power Ambient posted:

what happens when a wave changes a wave that is changed by the waves in the air and then your brainwaves change your perception of what wave? # wow #whoa welcome to psychoacoustics

it's like hair.

some you gel

some you don't

and wind.

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Sniep posted:

it's like hair.

some you gel

some you don't

and wind.

i can hear my hair growing and it sounds like whitehouse

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Power Ambient posted:

i can hear my hair growing and it sounds like whitehouse

had your hair ever (maybe) murdered someone?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Power Ambient posted:

you get the dx7

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Tayter Swift posted:

you get the dx7

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Dr. Honked posted:

put a donk on it

you need to do this too btw

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

qirex posted:

I spent a few hours playing with a waldorf microwave xt once and it was very fun [and very orange]

Microwave owners will be pleased to hear that a Windows 95 software editor/librarian is already available on the Internet. This shareware program handles all the Microwave's parameters and has a rather cool mix/morph/mutate feature to generate new patches based on two existing ones. If you want to create your own wavetables, the freeware programs Wavetowave and .wave+ offer the means either by additive synthesis (very cool) or interpolation between two waves.

Check out the programs at: (for the Editor)
 www.intelios.com/Synth/microwave.htm
(for Wavetable Creation)
 www.robotnik.com/the_lab/software/

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
help me build out my modular :homebrew:

i have most of this ordered already. the part of it that's still up in the air is the right portion of the top row (everything to the right of the Maths). i really like the features of the DPO, but it's big and with only 2x84hp i'm wondering if it's a waste of space. I could easily put in some smaller VCO modules, like an intellijel dixie (one of which i already have in there) or maybe a MI braids? also considering whether i need 2 standalone envelope generators in there (the atlantis has one built in).

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
plan: create a 6-oscillator chord pad in a single voice on the analog four, by routing the microbrute (osc and subosc) through the ms-20 and on to the input osc on the A4, then meticulously tuning the CV voltage of the two synths before finally sequencing the three tracks individually

reality: fuckit, use diva

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
no, no, gently caress. one of my monitors seems to be breaking, it's like there's a 40 hz highpass on it now poo poo poo poo poo poo i need these puppies

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuk46XbvwUY

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
idgi phones send two separate tones when u press a button thanks to 2600 :spergin:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
DT MF BITCH

Graff
May 10, 2012

boyfriend's funy pedals

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Graff posted:

boyfriend's funy pedals

cathedral is a really nice reverb

Graff
May 10, 2012

Mr. Glass posted:

cathedral is a really nice reverb

:agreed: also freeze is weird and fun

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
my next reverb is going to be a strymon BigSky and I can't wait 2 have one. i also like using my cheap digiverb now tho cos i make industrialish music and it sounds Right

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
i have a strymon deco for that sick tape warble :getin:

only heard good things about the bigsky

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

and here I am playing 12 bar blues in G while tweaking ableton knobs on my midi controller

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
a bluesy christian fennesz

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Graff posted:

boyfriend's funy pedals

i got a dl4 last year they are baller as gently caress

it's funny because there are so many super sophisticated loopers out there but most of the time when you see an awesome looping musician live they've just got a couple-three dl4s. andrew bird, tuneyards, reggie watts, all dl4

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

qirex posted:

I had one of those for a long time, they are pretty great. You could get pretty bonkers with the mod matrix and make some real weird sounds.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
so at what point do i recognize i have a problem (and that the problem isn't "drat that fake plant is ugly")

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

so at what point do i recognize i have a problem (and that the problem isn't "drat that fake plant is ugly")

i'm not 100% sure but i don't think you're anywhere near that point yet

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
not even close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
okay whew, cuz I want a couple more moogerfoogers (the filter and chorus)

• Locked thread