Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

edit: nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "I would say, launch terrorist attacks in the U.S., because they don't have the nuclear capacity now. If they had nuclear capacity, then they could do something with that. I would say Hezbollah are the only really state-trained terrorists in the world, and Iran can unleash them. We assume there are Hezbollah agents throughout the U.S., and if a button is pressed, they will try to spring into action. Second, American interests around the world—consulates, embassies." ~ Rep. Peter King (R-NY), on how Iran would respond to a US military strike.

They've just given me the order to poop on Reagan's grave when the button is pressed. Hopefully my mission is a success!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

computer parts posted:

Are they as racist against Muslims though?

Vermont's new motto: Stella quarta decima fulgeat*

*May the 14th star shine bright

The public response:

So, they at least have strong feelings about what they roughly suppose immigrants to be.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "I would say, launch terrorist attacks in the U.S., because they don't have the nuclear capacity now. If they had nuclear capacity, then they could do something with that. I would say Hezbollah are the only really state-trained terrorists in the world, and Iran can unleash them. We assume there are Hezbollah agents throughout the U.S., and if a button is pressed, they will try to spring into action. Second, American interests around the world—consulates, embassies." ~ Rep. Peter King (R-NY), on how Iran would respond to a US military strike.

So Iran would just one day decide to kill itself and attack the US homeland with magic Clancyesc terror cells then blow up DC with suitcase dirty super atom bombs. Id be more worried about some ISIS inspired lone wolfs or some right wing millitia attack then Iran deciding it doesnt want to exist anymore.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pengun101 posted:

So Iran would just one day decide to kill itself and attack the US homeland with magic Clancyesc terror cells then blow up DC with suitcase dirty super atom bombs. Id be more worried about some ISIS inspired lone wolfs or some right wing millitia attack then Iran deciding it doesnt want to exist anymore.

If they have knowledge of Hezbollah sleeper cells shouldn't closing the noose be a priority?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Accretionist posted:

The public response:

So, they at least have strong feelings about what they roughly suppose immigrants to be.

Looks like that long winded nerd was right all along, shucks

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Accretionist posted:

The public response:

drat Latinos need to take their "Latin language" back to Mexico.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

http://eagnews.org/photo-school-blames-poor-lighting-for-paltry-michelle-o-lunch/

:ohdear:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I thought "Poor lighting" was a really poor excuse at first, but after looking at the picture and determining the vegetable appears to be corn, I think I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not sure what the piece of food underneath the roll is supposed to be, though. Fish?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Conservatives are completely insane.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

A Winner is Jew posted:

Until you're family has a street named after them in a fairly large city and you have a high 6 figure inheritance you can't be.

My family has a 'law' somewhere. It's a place where our law ruled. Actually, we have two, one in Ireland and one in Scotland. I think that's pretty cool, actually.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

PhilippAchtel posted:

drat Latinos need to take their "Latin language" back to Mexico.

Mexicanus eunt domus

e: Mexicani ite domum

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Is that a lamprey?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Pre or post Michelle Obama, I can believe any awful looking picture of school lunch is real.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

school lunches have been bad forever. maybe we should spend money to subsidize student lunches? hmm nah

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Why couldn't they have a real vegetable, such as pizza?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

joeburz posted:

school lunches have been bad forever. maybe we should spend money to subsidize student lunches? hmm nah

Only the finest chicken nuggets Sysco can deliver

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Unless I'm missing something, the article doesn't say what food this is actually supposed to be.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

Only the finest chicken nuggets Sysco can deliver
My school lunches literally made McDonalds' look like some gourmet poo poo.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There's no way that's even real. The fish fillet looks raw. And sandwiched in a whole wheat Hawaiian bun? What is that even supposed to be? I'm pretty sure Michelle O's school lunch plans didn't call for public school sushi.

I've seen a lot of lovely Sysco cafeteria food in my day, but that school lunch pic is the culinary equivalent of the backwards B knifing.

Zeno-25 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 18, 2015

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Brannock posted:

Unless I'm missing something, the article doesn't say what food this is actually supposed to be.

The real article says it's "spicy Cajun fish with brown rice." This reeks of the kid complaining about the meal to his mother, her complaining to the school, getting a boilerplate response then taking that picture.

Either that or the lunch lady really loving hates that kid.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I don't buy that. How did the mom get the picture of the kids lunch, anyway? I mean I guess she could have been a lunchroom monitor or something but that really just looks fake as hell. I can buy terrible lunches at schools but a raw fish, a poo colored bun, and apparently three week old rotted corn? Seriously?

Incidentally a fish sandwich and a serving of corn seems like a suitable lunch for a kid to me, but I'm no nutritionist. And of course that assumes the kid is eating three meals that day. Maybe toss in a piece of fruit and a carton of milk, I assume because they always had that at my schools. That would get me through my lunch and I'm a fat adult.

Even if it is real the problem doesn't seem to be the menu, it seems to be the chef. I doubt Michelle Obama did the hiring or checks the expiration dates on every pantry in America.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

All of this nonsense makes me think that the federal government should just take over school lunch programs. Rather than handing out grants with guidelines that some local yokels will inevitably gently caress up (or direct towards favored contractors), just send a federal DOE bureaucrat to each school who has full control over purchasing and preparation of breakfasts and lunches. Since the wingnuts are already convinced Michelle Obama is personally spitting in their kids' lunches, what's the harm in actually taking away local control?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

April 17th huh? Seems they stole the story:

quote:

Shocking: This Is What Our Kids’ School Lunches Look Like
Posted April 15, 2015

Every day, millions of parents across the country send their children to school without truly knowing whether the food served at the cafeteria has the necessary nutritional value. A photographer took pictures of school lunches at elementary schools in eight major U.S cities, and the results are truly eye-opening.

[...]

[...]

Thanks Michelle! :jerkbag:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No chocolate milk?! :bahgawd:

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
It's happening!

EDIT:

Mo_Steel posted:

April 17th huh? Seems they stole the story:

Thanks Michelle! :jerkbag:

I just... what is that? Is the bandaid for seasoning?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Accretionist posted:

The public response:

They aren't wrong.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Why would Mike Huckabee run for president? What is happening? It? Is it happening?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Meg From Family Guy posted:

They aren't wrong.
You should get a better gimmick.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Accretionist posted:

The public response:

Only way to keep those drat Romans from assimilating our jobs.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

They aren't wrong.

Why would it ever matter what the official language of the country or a state is? Do you think if the government make it English they're suddenly going to stop printing pamphlets in every language possible?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

1 down, 49 to go since there will never be a SCOTUS that finds this blatant shakedown to be unconstitutional.

Samurai Sanders posted:

My school lunches literally made McDonalds' look like some gourmet poo poo.

The square pizzas my school served had a greenish tint to the cheese on it. But on Wed/Fri they'd order a few dozen pizzas from Pizza hut and you could pay a little extra for that. It would sell out stupidly fast because it was better than any actual school food.

Except the steak nuggets my elementary school used to serve sometimes. Those were amazing even if they were probably horse or rat meat.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
The bandaid is there to cure the salmonella.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Accretionist posted:

The public response:

loving ROMANS! JUMPING OUR BORDER, FORCING THEIR LATIN AND SOL INVICTUS ON US! AND THOSE drat EMPERORS!

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Amergin posted:

It's happening!

EDIT:

Think of the nutritious scabs and antibiotics it provides the children!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

Why would Mike Huckabee run for president? What is happening? It? Is it happening?

Books to move, lots and lotsa books

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

They aren't wrong.
Shut up Meg

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Amergin posted:

Is this like an art project or what? rehost your images

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SedanChair posted:

Pretty sure it's satire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

SedanChair posted:

That's Clickhole, dude.

• Locked thread