Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
In my Old Gods game, heresies spread pretty badly throughout Europe, and eventually Waldensian Italy ate the Papacy. Crusades triggered, but none actually happened despite Cathar England and Waldensian Italy and France (until I put a proper Catholic claimant on the latter). I spent the next seventy or so years wondering why the Pope-in-exile wouldn't call any until I googled it and realized he has to actually own land :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Trying to figure out the form HRE decision on my own. I'd really like to play a game from the earliest start but see the HRE form. Is it possible to have it switch to the Old Gods requirements if the year hits 870 whatever?

Anyway here is the code. I'll just hack job it into being the easier requirements, since the AI needs any help it can get in forming the HRE. Sorry in advance for the big ole block of code. Am I right in thinking if I just take out the part about the religions then it will be fine? The wiki says that part means this: "None of Italia, Francia, Germania, Brittania or Hispania are held by a Christian other than the ruler." Does that mean any part of those empires? because that seems really strict. If not, how should I change it to be easier to form?

code:
custom_tooltip = {
				text = form_the_hre_early_tooltip_2
				hidden_tooltip = {
					any_demesne_title = {
						OR = {
							title = e_france
							title = e_germany
							title = e_britannia
							title = e_spain
							AND = {
								tier = KING
								NOT = {	title = k_italy	}
								OR = {
									empire = { title = e_france }
									empire = { title = e_germany }
									empire = { title = e_britannia }
									empire = { title = e_spain }
								}
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
			custom_tooltip = {
				text = form_the_hre_early_tooltip_3
				hidden_tooltip = {
					OR = {
						has_landed_title = e_italy
						e_italy = {	has_holder = no	}
						e_italy = { holder_scope = { NOT = { religion_group = christian } } }
					}
					OR = {
						has_landed_title = e_germany
						e_germany = {	has_holder = no	}
						e_germany = { holder_scope = { NOT = { religion_group = christian } } }
					}
					OR = {
						has_landed_title = e_france
						e_france = { has_holder = no	}
						e_france = { holder_scope = { NOT = { religion_group = christian } } }
					}
					OR = {
						has_landed_title = e_spain
						e_spain = {	has_holder = no	}
						e_spain = { holder_scope = { NOT = { religion_group = christian } } }
					}
					OR = {
						has_landed_title = e_britannia
						e_britannia = {	has_holder = no	}
						e_britannia = { holder_scope = { NOT = { religion_group = christian } } }
					}
				}
			}
			religion_head = {
				opinion = { who = ROOT value = 100 }
			}
			scaled_wealth = 2
		}

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Is there a way to get Vassals to attack enemies when your kingdom is at war or do you have to do all the directing by calling their levies?

Also in general how can one get their vassals to just wage constant war and expand the realm?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Lunethex posted:

Is there a way to get Vassals to attack enemies when your kingdom is at war or do you have to do all the directing by calling their levies?

Also in general how can one get their vassals to just wage constant war and expand the realm?

Your vassals won't join your wars, save for instances where you're friends with them (not just having high relations, but actually friends under the relations/family tab), in which case they might offer to join the war on your side. Otherwise, as you noted, all you can do is call up their levies. When you declare war on someone, it's you going to war rather than your whole country. Your vassals are technically uninvolved, you just so happen to be in a position where you can make them lend you some of their troops for your war effort. Likewise, when your vassals go to war you end up sitting on the sidelines since it's their war.

I'm not sure if there's anything specific you can do to get your vassals to wage war for territory outside the realm aside from giving titles to people with the ambitious trait, though they might turn their attention inward and swipe land from your other vassals or do a host of other things to piss you off.

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 17, 2015

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
If you want your vassals to wage wars for you you have to give them enough land to be a threat to whatever neighbors they are next to. Ambitious is also a good trait for them to want to do this. Also, get your crown authority up so that your vassals don't wage war against each other, but not so high that they can't wage war at all. Problem with all of this is that it puts you in a precarious position, since whatever land they conquer ends up being theirs and they can quickly snowball and become more powerful than you in some cases. Also, they don't care about pretty borders.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
My Zealous vassals just love declaring holy wars against the heathens. It's great. One of my vassals went nuts and declared a prepared invasion of pretty much the entirety of Arabia and succeeded.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Lunethex posted:

Max crown authority helps with this, when you have it vassals are less likely to fight among themselves and more likely to look outside the realm. Also, having nothing but heathens for neighbors.

Speaking of, my current (now reforned) Norse run I just took Constantinople and made it my capital (for tax reasons) for my eastward push. The only filthy Catholics left in charge of anything are in Iberia and Baden and I'm a couple Great Holy Wars away from being able to show them all the ways of Odin. I also plot to kidnap the Pope every nine years so I can sacrifice him at my next Great Blot. Also because I have absolute cognatic primogeniture and my male characters have a tendacy to take under-30 foreign prisoners as concubines my current character is an ethnically Egyptian female. Also a shield maiden. A homosexual shield maiden. Emphasis on the Maiden. With a Martial of 25. And a Zealot. Next Great Holy War she will be leading her troops from the front. :black101:

Meanwhile, a couple of my vassals have taken it upon themselves to claim Africa for the Allfather. Tablet posting now but will get a map up in the morning.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Darth Windu posted:

Trying to figure out the form HRE decision on my own. I'd really like to play a game from the earliest start but see the HRE form. Is it possible to have it switch to the Old Gods requirements if the year hits 870 whatever?

Anyway here is the code. I'll just hack job it into being the easier requirements, since the AI needs any help it can get in forming the HRE. Sorry in advance for the big ole block of code. Am I right in thinking if I just take out the part about the religions then it will be fine? The wiki says that part means this: "None of Italia, Francia, Germania, Brittania or Hispania are held by a Christian other than the ruler." Does that mean any part of those empires? because that seems really strict. If not, how should I change it to be easier to form?

code:
(snip)
					OR = {
						has_landed_title = e_britannia
						e_britannia = {	has_holder = no	}
						e_britannia = { holder_scope = { NOT = { religion_group = christian } } }

This is a logical OR statement. It means "If any of these things is true, this whole bit is true". In essence, the whole block means that for each empire title (Land within it can be owned by other dudes) either you need to hold them, they need to not exist, or they need to be held by a non-Christian.

Example: In my Ireland game, the Karlings have formed the empire of Francia. I'm aiming for the empire of Brittania. If I succeed, neither of us can create the HRE while the other survives. If the Umayyads form Hispania, that's not a problem as far as forming the HRE goes.

Also I was under the impression that the Charlemagne requirements were easier than the TOG ones, but I haven't looked too closely.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Lunethex posted:

The only time the entire realm can get tapped in is during Great Holy Wars. It's why Crusades and Jihads are so scary. The Abbasid caliph might only be able to muster 50k troops on his own, but then you realise all of his vassals have joined in and he's fielding closer to 200k..

Kilonum posted:

Max crown authority helps with this, when you have it vassals are less likely to fight among themselves and more likely to look outside the realm. Also, having nothing but heathens for neighbors.

Don't do this. Absolute crown authority makes it impossible for vassals to declare war on anyone, so it's the exact opposite of what you want if you're trying to get them to grow your empire. There's only one reason to ever go above high CA, and that's to enact imperial administration. And then after that you lower it back down to High.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hey guys, I've got something to show you.

First, I'm going to tell you a story. I was playing through the Indian Tutorial LP for the Megathread when I first came across the Black Death. I was excited to see its carnage. One of the most devastating diseases in history - right in my empire! Unfortunately, I would not see the continent changing disease I expected. The disease killed a bunch of noblemen and burned itself out in Persia. Kinda sad.

Flash-forward a few years later. I'm playing around with mods and I notice that when I changed some values in the bubonic plague data set, it goes from "kinda nasty" to "holy crap it's the end of the world". So with the help of some other goons, I've created this - the Enhanced Black death mod.

It may not be historically accurate, so if you care about :immersion:, you may want to leave.

So here's how it works: in 1304 (I picked the date at random), the Black Death will have a 90% to spawn each day, but it will spawn only once.. (I've had problems with it not spawning at all with 100%). You'll also get this event:

As the plague spreads, (it has a contagiousness rate of 90%), it hit each province for two years. In addition, when someone gets the Bubonic Plague disease trait, an event will fire for their liege:

(this is from an earlier version of the mod, the effect of the new trait has changed a little.)

When this event fires, you'll get a new trait - Plague King. (I borrowed the Icon from After the End, sorry Ofaloaf, I couldn't find a good icon for what I needed)

As the description suggests, this trait represents the breakdowns in the social order when the Black Death struck. A massive unrest penalty and your vassals will hate your guts. As the plague now stays in a province for two years, even if the top ruler is killed, it's very likely that his successor will get it too.

Due to various problems with getting the event to fire only once, I had to make it so that the scope for the event firing depended on the liege not having the trait. Thus you'll have cases like the picture above, where because both the liege and one of his underlings got the trait, the effects stacked and now there's a 40% chance of rebellion in that province.

Essentially, what this means is that you can see which countries have been hit by the plague simply by checking the revolt risk map. In a few years that map will be covered with red. Like this:

It's not uncommon for the plague to start in Spain and reach India.

As the plague spreads, even the highest of the high will be hit. Right now, (later I'll be adding more) when the Pope, Sunni Caliph, and Shia Caliph are hit, their religions will be hit with a massive moral authority penalty, as people turn to heresy in hopes of finding some cure to their ills.

Eventually, in 1315, the chaos should subside, as things return to a relative calm.

Sound interesting? I've got a few plans for this mod:

1. Multiple outbreaks of the plague, this will involve creating several new diseases (representing each separate outbreak) to spawn at various points during the 14th century. For example, black_death_1 might spawn at 1304, but black_death_2 might do so in 1330, and so on and so on. Each of these will have their own events.

2. Every religious head should be able to get the moral authority penalty, including the Fylkirate, the various High Priests of the Reformed pagan faiths, and the Ibadi Caliphate.

3. Some editing of the disease itself.

Any suggestions? I'm happy to hear of any way to improve it. Also, I've tested it a bunch already, but it's good to get other people to test it.

And here's the mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dufwky884hldv9j/enhanced_black_death.zip?dl=0

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

This is really cool, and a great idea for a mod!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I've already said it on Skype, but that mod looks like everything I'd ever hoped the Black Death would be.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

This is a really cool idea. One suggestion--maybe make it so people in hiding have a decreased chance to get the plague? Or some equivalent trait option--you can quarantine yourself away for a reduced risk, at the cost of increasing your revolt risk/vassal revolt risk even further by your absence.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

This is a really cool idea. One suggestion--maybe make it so people in hiding have a decreased chance to get the plague? Or some equivalent trait option--you can quarantine yourself away for a reduced risk, at the cost of increasing your revolt risk/vassal revolt risk even further by your absence.

Interesting. I'm not sure how I would implement that, but I'll keep that in mind. For right now there is a very gamey way to avoid the Black Death. Simply raise an army, make your ruler the leader of it, and keep that army on a boat for two years. Any kids he's tutoring will come along for the ride. As long as your ruler is not in a province with the plague, he'll be fine. And since water doesn't get the plague modifier, he won't have anything to worry about.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cantorsdust posted:

Being able to quarantine family members would be neat as well. Depending on the situation a bit of a no-brainer (sending your genius heir to hide until things blow over, etc.), but besides only being able to quarantine yourself and not your spouse or chidren being silly I kind of like the idea of sending off you family but staying to manage the country yourself. Also, depending on how complex it'd be, the AI deciding whether to quarantine themselves based on traits (Craven versus Brave, Zealous and maybe Cynical, etc.) and other factors. Which could be fun if you stay to run things but all your direct vassals run off and you end up having revolts all over anyway when their subjects get pissed.

Of course that's all complexity even beyond the base idea. Still, that mod looks pretty neat; I probably won't try it immediately (I'm still getting back into just playing regular CKII) but I'll definitely give it a try sooner or later.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
The Black Death really was like the end of the world to the people living through it. The continent of Europe lost a third of its population. Most major cities lost well over half their population in a few years because the pneumonic (airborne) form of the plague spread most quickly in crowded areas. Milan might have been the only town of its size to survive mostly intact, and that's because the Visconti ordered every house affected by the plague bricked up with its occupants still inside. Poland, too, fared relatively well because it established rigorous quarantines at every entry point on its border. CK2's Black Death is a pushover compared to the real thing.

Idea for your mod! In real life, a group of Jews were tortured by the authorities in Savoy and confessed to spreading the plague through Jewish agents. The news of the confession led to the massacre of entire Jewish populations across Europe. A few rulers sheltered them but most were unwilling or incapable of standing up to the mob. This would be pretty easy to model in the context of CK2—choosing to shelter the Jewry would increase unrest, otherwise you're forced to expel them/allow them to be murdered.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Being able to quarantine family members would be neat as well. Depending on the situation a bit of a no-brainer (sending your genius heir to hide until things blow over, etc.), but besides only being able to quarantine yourself and not your spouse or chidren being silly I kind of like the idea of sending off you family but staying to manage the country yourself. Also, depending on how complex it'd be, the AI deciding whether to quarantine themselves based on traits (Craven versus Brave, Zealous and maybe Cynical, etc.) and other factors. Which could be fun if you stay to run things but all your direct vassals run off and you end up having revolts all over anyway when their subjects get pissed.

Of course that's all complexity even beyond the base idea. Still, that mod looks pretty neat; I probably won't try it immediately (I'm still getting back into just playing regular CKII) but I'll definitely give it a try sooner or later.

I'm thinking of making it so having Plague King (which, remember, also represents the coming of the BD to your realm) can trigger Go Into Hiding, and being in hiding somehow reduces your chance of catching the plague. I haven't figured out that last part out yet. Boosting health to help survive BD?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

There might be localization problems for the Sunni and the Shia, I've just realized. Will fix that later.

Also, I'd like some suggestions for flavor text for the other religions that are hit with the MA penalty.

Norse Fylkirate flavor text (this will show up for the Fylkir only, and is from their perspective):
Worldwide Fylkirate Disaster flavor text (this shows up for everyone, and is from the same perspective as the Mongols showing up):

Ibadi Caliphate flavor text:
Worldwide flavor text (for example, here is what it looks like for the Sunni Caliph "The Plague strikes high and low. The realm of the Sunni Caliph has felt the wrath of Allah as the plague depopulates entire cities. The cries of the mourning drown out the call to prayer and the prayers of the faithful are filled with requests of deliverance. Only Allah knows when the plague shall stop."):

Tengri worldwide flavor text (given that the High Priests are unplayable, I won't need good flavor texts for their leaders):

Finnish Pagan worldwide flavor text:

Romuva worldwide flavor text:

West African worldwide flavor text:

Slavic flavor worldwide text:

Zunist (Ha!) worldwide text:

Zoroastrian worldwide flavor text:

Jewish worldwide flavor text:

Miaphysite worldwide flavor text:

Nestorian worldwide flavor text:

Orthodox worldwide flavor text:

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

at the date posted:

Milan might have been the only town of its size to survive mostly intact, and that's because the Visconti ordered every house affected by the plague bricked up with its occupants still inside.

There should be a "someone was in a house infected by the plague, do you want to brick it up and kill them" event, preferably for your genius heir. Of course you'd have to figure out a way for it to never fire for ambitious rear end in a top hat vassals.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking about playing CK2 again, and getting the DLCs.

Last time I saw this thread it was a hundred pages ago and people were mad at Paradox... what was that about? The bugs they were talking about are long since fixed I'm assuming?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

Thinking about playing CK2 again, and getting the DLCs.

Last time I saw this thread it was a hundred pages ago and people were mad at Paradox... what was that about? The bugs they were talking about are long since fixed I'm assuming?

Nerds got really p*ssy about a bug that was caught right before Christmas vacation and demanded that Paradox employees leave their families friends and loved ones to fix a game about pretending to be a king in medieval europe

I think AI countries couldn't disband their troops after wars? SO they could never declare war again and borders stayed very static. Which sounds annoying but people were being really mean to the paradox guy that posts in this thread and saying they should fire the QA people, Paradox doesn't even bother testing their games before releasing, they are failures both as a company and as people etc. It's fixed now

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
Look, paradox employees are lucky they still have their families, they should feel grateful. We've all lost ours due to our sperg-related addictions. The least they could do is give us a patch for the one joy in our lives.

Besides, why does paradox get to spend time with their families when I can't spend time with my virtual ones?! :smith:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

There should be a "someone was in a house infected by the plague, do you want to brick it up and kill them" event, preferably for your genius heir. Of course you'd have to figure out a way for it to never fire for ambitious rear end in a top hat vassals.
Honestly, if you get the Bubonic Plague, you don't need to worry about bricking someone up to kill them. One time with the mod, every single vassal of the King of England was killed, and the king got to restructure the realm as he pleased. Another time, nearly every single significant ruler in the world was a child, because their parents were killed. I've seen Muslim rulers go through like ten wives in two years.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Nerds got really p*ssy about a bug that was caught right before Christmas vacation and demanded that Paradox employees leave their families friends and loved ones to fix a game about pretending to be a king in medieval europe

I think AI countries couldn't disband their troops after wars? SO they could never declare war again and borders stayed very static. Which sounds annoying but people were being really mean to the paradox guy that posts in this thread and saying they should fire the QA people, Paradox doesn't even bother testing their games before releasing, they are failures both as a company and as people etc. It's fixed now

Releasing a patch the week before Christmas is really drat stupid, especially if you want to enjoy your vacation instead of having irate customers. That also goes for releasing new content the week before Christmas to get $$ but doesn't work.

This is akin to checking in new code at 5pm on a Friday before you head off on vacation for two weeks.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

What's a good Byzantine start?

I once tried to usurp the throne as Amalfi to recreate the Roman Republic but it the game didn't seem to allow me to do so.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

What's a good Byzantine start?

I'd be interested in a good Byz start too. I once tried to start as a count there intending to take it all over, and did pretty well for myself by growing to having 2 duchies, but then the second I died I lost it all, probably because I was a viceroyalty and I didn't realise it. I am bad at the Byzantines. Who is a good start to overthrowing the Emperor and taking it over?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Jewish worldwide flavor text:

"Oy vey, another bout of suffering? Doesn't this ever get old for you, Adonai?"

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

"Oy vey, another bout of suffering? Doesn't this ever get old for you, Adonai?"
That's not quite what I need for the Jewish worldwide (meaning everyone sees it) flavor text, but it is good for the Jewish response to it.

Skype has provided me with this for the Zunists: The sky is darkened as a hideous disease strikes both the innocent and guilty alike. The once bright lands of the Zun Shah are trembling under the ravages of the plague, as the Plague sweeps through mercilessly. It seems that Zun the lawgiver has truly forsaken them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

That's not quite what I need for the Jewish worldwide (meaning everyone sees it) flavor text, but it is good for the Jewish response to it.
"Even the marginalized Jewish communities across the known world are not safe from the blight. Fresh bodies lie in the streets of the Jewish quarters, rats eating their eyes. The Chosen People of Israel face another hardship. One that may be their last."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Zoroastrian worldwide flavor text:

Angra Mainyu's wrath continues unabated. As the destructive spirit's foul influence spreads, even the holiest of the holy are not spared; deep within Persia, the Maobadan-Maobad of the Zoroastrian faith has been struck low by the plague. The faithful continue their practices, maintaining purity and truth even in these trying times, but the fall of the priest of priests has spread doubt and despair through the followers of Zoroaster.

Not sure how good that is (my knowledge of Zoroastrianism is incomplete, so I drew on the general concepts I know, such as the focus on ritual purity, good/truth/order versus evil/decay/chaos, living a good life being a major factor in the aforementioned struggle, and so on), but there's my attempt, or a first draft of one at least. The Moabadan-Maobad being in Persia is a bit of an assumption on my part, but I think it's a reasonable enough one, considering that all five Zoroastrian holy sites are in Persia, his showing up is mandated on forming the Persian Empire, and the bonus for your religious head (who in this case will be your vassal) holding one of your holy sites is pretty dang nice, so if he's around at all he's probably in Persia. I suppose he might not be if the player is doing something really weird, or the Persian Empire's having a very bad time of things, though.

Tangentially, rereading stuff, the Zoroastrian focus on purity and cleanliness, particularly corpse disposal (ritual exposure, cremation, or burying them in graves sealed with lime mortar), would have definitely been better than the standard medieval response to the plague. Not nearly enough to stop it, but definitely better.

Edit: Also I like that Zunist one, but using "plague" twice in that one sentence sounds a bit awkward.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 18, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Edit: Also I like that Zunist one, but using "plague" twice in that one sentence sounds a bit awkward.

I just changed the second "plague" to "the Black Death". And I've noted your text.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Tengri worldwide flavor text (given that the High Priests are unplayable, I won't need good flavor texts for their leaders):
"Desperate sacrifices to the death god Erlik reach an unprecedented level as the plague races across the far steppes. From yurt to yurt, the Black Death strikes deep into Outer Mongolia, an unstoppable wave of death that only grows faster by the day. As horses die under their riders, the withering war bands of the east look to the sky and wonder why Tengri Khan has abandoned them to darkness."

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

"Desperate sacrifices to the death god Erlik reach an unprecedented level as the plague races across the far steppes. From yurt to yurt, the Black Death strikes deep into Outer Mongolia, an unstoppable wave of death that only grows faster by the day. As horses die under their riders, the withering war bands of the east look to the sky and wonder why Tengri Khan has abandoned them to darkness."
:stare:

:drat:

Going into the mod right now.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Norse Fylkirate flavor text (this will show up for the Fylkir only, and is from their perspective):

"The All-Father has turned his eye from your realm. Hel, ever-hungry, has sent forth a foul plague to strike down man, woman, and child alike, forever denying them a place in Valhalla. <Your Seer's Name>, your Seer, fears this may be a prelude to Ragnarök - a way to deny einherjar to Odin. It is only a matter of time before your warriors, enraged in the face of a foe that cannot be fought, turn against one another in desperate attempts to die gloriously in battle."

(This is really piss-poor Norse mythology but, eh.)

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Worldwide Fylkirate Disaster flavor text (this shows up for everyone, and is from the same perspective as the Mongols showing up):
"Rumors are swirling of scores of dread Viking longboats washing ashore, crewed only by the blackened and tumor-riddled bodies of the dead. The Black Death has struck the Fylkirate, and it is sparing neither the mighty nor the meek. There are tales of grotesque sacrifices to propitiate any of their gods who will listen, but none have answered. There is only silence, and death upon the waves."

Preechr fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 18, 2015

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
"It's the economy, fools!"

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

at the date posted:

"It's the economy, fools!"

"I wish I lived in more enlightened times."

Though I probably will use your quote, as I find a EU reference very funny in this context.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 18, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, some of these are pretty metal. I kind of want to rewrite some of what I wrote earlier to make it more in-line with how dark the others are.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Man, some of these are pretty metal. I kind of want to rewrite some of what I wrote earlier to make it more in-line with how dark the others are.

Yours is just fine. They don't all have to be :black101:, just showing that things have taken a serious downturn. A very serious downturn. Though if you want to edit for flow or something that's fine.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

Darth Windu posted:

It might just be luck, I had the HRE form in my Austria game without any problems. Karl took over France, inherited Lombardy, made HRE. It doesn't mean any land in those empires, it just means the empire title itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are there any tricks to vassalizing holy orders? Particularly for ones in your lands. Also, what are the benefits of doing so? I remember seeing it before and it being cheaper somehow I think, but I can't recall the specifics.

• Locked thread