Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

AAA DOLFAN posted:

FakeOmarKelIy might work (capital I)

Where's nnnadam I'm like 99% sure he had the pw too. I'll do it if ehud joins.

Ehud posted:

what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Welp, I just tried some different variations of the Omar Kelly username and one of them is an account that has one tweet and it's a pic of a dude kissing another dude's penis.

But yeah, I'd like to be involved in a new Fake Omar Kelly.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Would something like Faux Mar Kelly work?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nystral posted:

Would something like Faux Mar Kelly work?

:lol: I hope it does, because that's a clever little name for it.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Chichevache posted:

:lol: I hope it does, because that's a clever little name for it.

Yep, better than mine, "Ohm R. Kelly".

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Seriously unless you toss acid in their faces or something you are always being nicer than a cashier at a tow lot deserves.

Because verbally berating the person who has the sole power of giving you your vehicle back is a fabulous idea.

Britt McHenry acted incredibly inappropriately and should be fired. ESPN can find another pretty sports lady. And if there is such a thing as karma, I hope she gains 200 lbs and loses half her teeth.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Retail Slave posted:

Because verbally berating the person who has the sole power of giving you your vehicle back is a fabulous idea.

Britt McHenry acted incredibly inappropriately and should be fired. ESPN can find another pretty sports lady. And if there is such a thing as karma, I hope she gains 200 lbs and loses half her teeth.

I hope if you ever discover your car being towed you will be able to respond with the kindness and rainbows you seem to think the situation warrants.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

goc posted:

I hope if you ever discover your car being towed you will be able to respond with the kindness and rainbows you seem to think the situation warrants.

I will not make fat jokes, nor would I pull the "Do you know who I am," if I was famous. I have no problem with her being angry, it was how she expressed it that revealed her character.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I will not make fat jokes, nor would I pull the "Do you know who I am," if I was famous. I have no problem with her being angry, it was how she expressed it that revealed her character.

That's all true, doesn't mean she should be fired for it. In general I think its safe to assume that most people in the media think they are far more important than they are so I don't think she is some outlier.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I worked retail. I've been openly berated by people and mocked (incorrectly) about my education and ability to get a "real job." None of those people deserved to lose their jobs as a result.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Retail Slave posted:

She sucks but this is the opposite on a sane response.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Maybe if she didn't weigh so much the ESPN lady wouldn't make fun of her weight.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
gently caress. I done hosed up. I'm on the same side of an argument as Retail Slave.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Maybe if she didn't weigh so much the ESPN lady wouldn't make fun of her weight.

this is true and also applies to me being an awful piece of poo poo

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

goc posted:

That's all true, doesn't mean she should be fired for it.

Nor do I.

midwat
May 6, 2007

Someone was mean? To a towing employee? Oh my stars! *clutches pearls, faints dead away*

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

midwat posted:

Someone was mean? To a towing employee? Oh my stars! *clutches pearls, faints dead away*

Not just that, an overly predatory towing company. She should be fired? hahaha.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

midwat posted:

warcrimes posted:

Not just that, an overly predatory towing company. She should be fired? hahaha.

And on a video which is very conveniently edited. Having dealt with this woman before I would not be surprised to hear that the employee actually was the one who started insulting the ESPN reporter and she fired back after getting agitated.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I rarely think that anyone associated with a profession is one way or the other. I realize there are plenty of cops that are cool and some that are bad. Loads of lawyers are dicks, but some are really nice. But gently caress everyone associated with the towing industry unequivocally. If you don't unleash a barrage of profanity every second you are dealing with them then you are a giant pussy/bad person.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
I too become irrationally angry and abusive towards people once I learn what industry happened to be hiring when they got out of school.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahaha some stupid baby at ESPN is mad that Tebow didn't give them an inside scoop on being signed by the Eagles.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/20/espn-reporter-complains-that-tebow-didnt-hand-scoop-to-espn/

quote:

On Sunday, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported that Tim Tebow had agreed to terms with the Eagles. Tim Tebow separately is employed by ESPN. Which makes the fact that Glazer scooped ESPN regarding an ESPN employee even more noteworthy.

And that has been noticed by other ESPN employees. John Barr of ESPN griped on Twitter about Tebow’s failure to hand the scoop to his other employer.

“What gets me is how people take $$$ from the WWL then let OTHERS break news of their career changes,” Barr said on Twitter. “Lookin at u Tebow & Parcells.” (Though an unverified account, ESPN has confirmed that it belongs to Barr.)

On one hand, it would make sense for someone who gets paid by ESPN to hand the news of a career development to ESPN. On the other hand, it’s not required. It also assumes that, in this specific case, Tebow consciously chose to give the news to Glazer and not to Adam Schefter. It’s entirely possible that Glazer got the information independent of Tebow.

With or without knowing whether Tebow was Glazer’s source, it’s not the best look for an ESPN reporter to publicly complain about it. Especially on the same day Schefter explained that, if given commissioner powers over the sports media for a day, he’d have members of the media stop speculating about the sources for reports.

THE WWL

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GenHavoc posted:

I too become irrationally angry and abusive towards people once I learn what industry happened to be hiring when they got out of school.

Or because this particular individual is a piece of poo poo independent of their job, as is well documented in local accounts.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

goc posted:

I'm not saying she had to bake the woman cookies or anything, but there is such a thing as channeling your rage.

You want to be pissed off at the person who made the decision to tow your car (assuming you were legally parked, otherwise gently caress you), be my guest. But berating the person behind the counter who had nothing to do with it is about 16 different types of not cool.

If it turns out the woman behind the counter started it or escalated the situation, then I retract. But I'll wait for proof of that first.

Chichevache posted:

gently caress. I done hosed up. I'm on the same side of an argument as Retail Slave.

:getin:

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 21, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Retail Slave posted:

I'm not saying she had to bake the woman cookies or anything, but there is such a thing as channeling your rage.

You want to be pissed off at the person who made the decision to tow your car (assuming you were legally parked, otherwise gently caress you), be my guest. But berating the person behind the counter who had nothing to do with it is about 16 different types of not cool.

If it turns out the woman behind the counter started it or escalated the situation, then I retract. But I'll wait for proof of that first.

:getin:

How about the hyper-loving edited video she released that barely even contains her responses?

Omission is a lie, tow companies are Satan, eat poo poo, free Britt!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Chilichimp posted:

How about the hyper-loving edited video she released that barely even contains her responses?

Omission is a lie, tow companies are Satan, eat poo poo, free Britt!

Omission is not proof.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Goddamn you folks sure do hate people based on how they pay for food to not die.

Maybe I'm sensitive to this because I've been two of the most hated/derided industries (airport CSA and insurance adjuster) but it's this massive backlash against someone just based on who signs their checks.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spoeank posted:

Maybe I'm sensitive to this because I've been two of the most hated/derided industries (airport CSA and insurance adjuster)

how do you sleep at night

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
On piles of useless flight vouchers and cash from unpaid claims :unsmigghh:

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

Sash! posted:

Or because this particular individual is a piece of poo poo independent of their job, as is well documented in local accounts.

The guy I was answering called for everyone who ever worked in the industry to be harassed and shot.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Towing companies are bad, not all of their employees are bad, this woman appears, anecdotally, to be bad, and the ESPN reporter involved was bad.

Controversial take, I know.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GeneX posted:

Towing companies are bad, not all of their employees are bad, this woman appears, anecdotally, to be bad, and the ESPN reporter involved was bad.

Controversial take, I know.

Nope, every single one is a terrible person. This woman is a hero.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

swickles posted:

Nope, every single one is a terrible person. This woman is a hero.

Britt McHenry 2016(my bed, that is)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
How fat was this lady, because if anything the ESPN lady was helping the fatty by suggesting she lose weight

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

GenHavoc posted:

The guy I was answering called for everyone who ever worked in the industry to be harassed and shot.

A strong and moral position

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

GenHavoc posted:

Oh my!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Everyone continuing this derail should be drawn and quartered (yes, I am continuing the derail too). Their torso, still twitching and screaming, should be mounted on pikes in the end zone of FedEx Field. Every time Snyder bilks money from a child our torturers set upon our bodies with cattle prods while we struggle to complete a rendition of 'Hail to the Redskins'. Only when Cousins leads worshington to a championship will we finally be free.

Also all of your cars should be impounded.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How fat was this lady, because if anything the ESPN lady was helping the fatty by suggesting she lose weight

Obesity is a problem we will never solve without open and honest dialogue.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Obesity is a problem we will never solve without open and brutally honest dialogue.

There we are.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Here's some Hot Takes from a Buffalo blog about how Britt McHenry hates Blue Collar Working Class Folks Like Us.

http://www.buffalobruises.com/blog/2015/04/19/espns-britt-mchenry-strikes-a-nerve-with-the-blue-collar-buffalonians-over-towing-tirade/

quote:

So, I have been following this whole ESPN brat gets her car towed saga and yes, I have a few thoughts. I don’t know about you but watching the lovely, talented and (as she let me know) college educated Britt McHenry get her car out of the clink, I was brought right back to the 11th grade. And yes, in high school I hated girls just like Ms. McHenry. I am sure she was quite the party for somebody like me. Turning up her nose, snickering in my face as her and her equally tight assed friends pranced through the hallways of their high school.

Well, Britt you might have been special back in high school but me and the rest of the tax-paying public think you are nothing but a self-entitled little brat, as you bludgeon some poor women trying to carve out a living in the tow truck lot. Good for you, God blessed you with a nice figure and white teeth. You’re right… that gave you a leg up, but it doesn’t make you better. As the video surveillance camera showed us all, you are much…much worse than the vast majority of us out here blessed with back fat, bad teeth and hair in all the wrong places.

And hey ESPN if you’re really interested in punishing the lovely and talented Britt McHenry, then screw you and that one week time out you put her in. How about this? Have the beautiful, photogenic, talented, educated, superior Ms. McHenry do her special job on television from the sidelines in Buffalo, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Cleveland…you know where Britt thinks all the ugly, crooked teeth people live and work. Don’t suspend her, make her stand on those sidelines week after week after week so we all can tell her in our very unique, crooked teeth, uneducated way just what we think of her.

I have a few women in my life who would be able to string together a couple sentences standing at the tunnel of “the Ralph” that would let Britt know exactly where she can stick her self entitled silver spoon. And some of them are as equally attractive as you Britt. The difference is they are also decent, hardworking blue-collar people who would never treat the waitress, maid, and yes… even the tow truck attendant as being anything less than them. That’s the difference between us and you…

You want to really punish Ms. McHenry? Let her make her living on television from the sideline at Ralph Wilson stadium.

We’ll be nice…I promise.

(The Buffalo Blue Collar RAH attitude is really getting on my nerves lately.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
No, Joe turn left! NOOOOOOOOOO

http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/joe-paterno-family-fight-after-penn-state-scandal/

quote:

This is a story of how Joe Paterno’s family wins back his legacy, inch by inch by inch. You will no doubt have strong feelings on the matter; it’s likely that no sports story of the last decade has sparked more emotions. Some have decided that Joe Paterno knew about Jerry Sandusky’s crimes because he had to know, because he knew all that happened at Penn State. Some have determined he turned away from his duty to protect children, and that his much-celebrated life as a coach, teacher and humanitarian was either ruined by his inaction or a lie in the first place. Many will not revisit the story no matter what new evidence emerges; it is filed under “old news.”

He never says another word about "new evidence"

It really hurts my heart because for a minute there, Posnanski had his fastball back from the pre-Paterno days. Then this thing comes out of nowhere. Maybe he's just worried what's going to happen with Pacino playing Paterno.

• Locked thread