Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

eSporks posted:

The shadow mundus stone is broken. I need to do more testing, but I think its just not getting buffed from divines like it should. Doesn't surprise me because the steed was broken this same way for a while.

My crits hit for substantially more with the warrior mundus than the shadow one. With a full set of divine, shadow was giving me less than 1% bonus crit damage.

almost every mundus was broken at the start

at least some work now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

As someone who used to play the gently caress out of wow back in the day, has since grown to generally dislike MMOs, loves TES, but played the beta and was unimpressed, is this worth trying? Or is it basically more of the same (and/or grindy as gently caress)?

Free weekend for ex-beta testers so definitely worth trying out. I really enjoy it, it is a decent mix of MMO and elder scrolls style game, doesn't really excel at either. So if you are looking for a WoW style game or a Skyrim style game you are going to be disappointed, but as a hybrid it is pretty fun. It can get grindy once you get into the veteran levels, which they plan on removing eventually and just relying on Champion point system (think Paragon levels in Diablo3). The main grind in the Veteran Levels is you have to 100% every questing zone in the game for all three factions so kinda hurts alt replay value, that said if you prefer playing only one character it is nice since you can explore all the content.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
I have started about five characters so far, just figuring out which I like the best. The one character I got to level 12 was the wrong race compared to most others in the guild. Not sure whether to roll DC or EP, since the guild seems split, but when my other half started the trial yesterday it looked like EP had more people. I rolled another character in the EP race, but at least now I have decided that I really like the sorcerer style. Now just to stick to one thing and get to a higher level.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Desmond posted:

I have started about five characters so far, just figuring out which I like the best. The one character I got to level 12 was the wrong race compared to most others in the guild. Not sure whether to roll DC or EP, since the guild seems split, but when my other half started the trial yesterday it looked like EP had more people. I rolled another character in the EP race, but at least now I have decided that I really like the sorcerer style. Now just to stick to one thing and get to a higher level.

Being on both of the DC and EP guilds, I'd say there's more EP people if playing with others is what you want. If it's just chat and trade though your guild memberships are account wide, and you can be in 5 guilds at the same time. I'm in both the Goon guilds, our deconstruction crafting guild, and two different trade guilds with active guild stores and 400 some odd relatively active members. So I can give things to goons, sell things to pubs, and find whatever I want (mostly) in the guild store at the bank instead of wandering Tamriel til I find it in the wild.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

NeurosisHead posted:

Being on both of the DC and EP guilds, I'd say there's more EP people if playing with others is what you want. If it's just chat and trade though your guild memberships are account wide, and you can be in 5 guilds at the same time. I'm in both the Goon guilds, our deconstruction crafting guild, and two different trade guilds with active guild stores and 400 some odd relatively active members. So I can give things to goons, sell things to pubs, and find whatever I want (mostly) in the guild store at the bank instead of wandering Tamriel til I find it in the wild.

Thanks for the info. I like the EP starting area the best. I guess I'll stick with it for now. I am very quiet in chat, but do read chat and might want to party up with people from time to time, so EP sounds like a good choice.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, since B2P the primary goon group is Ebonheart, but there are still a few Daggerfall guys. And guilds are cross faction so you can chat no matter who you're playing.

Also, there is barely a distinction between Ebonheart Goons and Daggerfall Goons anymore, virtually everyone active is in both apart from two or three folks who are only in one. Ebonheart is the big chat faction, so make sure you're in it if you want to talk.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Sky Shadowing posted:

Yeah, since B2P the primary goon group is Ebonheart, but there are still a few Daggerfall guys. And guilds are cross faction so you can chat no matter who you're playing.

Also, there is barely a distinction between Ebonheart Goons and Daggerfall Goons anymore, virtually everyone active is in both apart from two or three folks who are only in one. Ebonheart is the big chat faction, so make sure you're in it if you want to talk.

There is the one really important distinction that you can't group cross faction for PVP if that's what you're looking for. I'm not sure if you can't group cross faction for PVE, but I'm willing to bet that you can't. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, if anyone knows better.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

There is the one really important distinction that you can't group cross faction for PVP if that's what you're looking for. I'm not sure if you can't group cross faction for PVE, but I'm willing to bet that you can't. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, if anyone knows better.

Yeah if all you are looking for is a chat room then being any faction would be fine, if you are wanting to group up with goons to do group content then you are probably better off on Ebonheart as that is the most populated faction with a few still on Daggerfall as far as the Goon guild goes.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

could I get an invite to the Daggerfall guild and the crafter guild, @blienmeis

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

@kiresays if you guys can invite

lokk
Nov 18, 2005
i'm legit.
I'm level 6, and I have a one-handed sword and shield equipped, yet I still can't use the skills from that tree that I've unlocked. How the hell do I fix this, it's bugging the hell out of me!!!

Relogging fixed it, guess I need to be more patient.

lokk fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 18, 2015

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
@Aibon could use a guild invite if anyone is around, EP if it matters
Haven't played since beta, hopefully things have improved since then!

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
I'm guessing almost everyone in this thread is on the american megaserver?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Krakatoah posted:

Sort of mostly yea. There are some tricks, changing file names and what not for Europeans to get onto the North American mega server though!

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
Has the thieves guild been implemented yet? I don't know much about the game, but can you join the fighters guild and the mages guild or is it a pick one scenario? I just want to go around pick pocketing and stabbing folk. Is this the game for me?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Wet Fifty posted:

Has the thieves guild been implemented yet? I don't know much about the game, but can you join the fighters guild and the mages guild or is it a pick one scenario? I just want to go around pick pocketing and stabbing folk. Is this the game for me?
Yes, yes, and yes.
Thieves guild is in and really fun. It's just skyrim without save scumming. Thieves guild doesn't have any quests or story though, its jsut stealing poo poo and selling it.
You can join all the guilds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The thieves guild is a world set not a guild set so expect no skills and only passives.

People kept calling it a guild so I went looking for a guild master so I could join the place only to learn that people are lazy and calling it a guild. There is no master, just go steal. You only go down to the thieves area to fence stolen goods or talk to player merchants.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think that they plan on adding a TG storyline like the FG/MG that are already in game, but right now there is thieving.

Also they plan on adding in the Dark Brotherhood.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Current speculation is that thieves guild (as in, thieves guild motif, combat abilities, quest line) will be introduced with this DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDrx6nzgrz8

What's currently in the game are Outlaw Refuges which, while possibly staffed by some members of the thieves guild, aren't joinable in the same way the Fighters Guild and Mages guild are.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Krakatoah posted:

A handful of us are on the EU servers. Never forget!

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
So how do I get guild invites? What is the name I am supposed to post here?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Wet Fifty posted:

So how do I get guild invites? What is the name I am supposed to post here?
Either your account name (ie: @goon ) or one of your character s name (ie: Beef Hardpecs )

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
@OlmanJenkins

character is: The Rich

Wet Fifty fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 18, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Userid seems to be @Gvaz, I tried the beta and I'm tryin this free weekend thingy!

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

I too am an old beta tester here for the weekend. Username is @minusred. Ready to give this another go.

EDIT: Thanks very much to whoever let me into Ebonheart Goons and Daggerfall Goons! Would still like an invite to the crafting guild if possible.

Falented fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 19, 2015

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks

WebDO fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 19, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

We need to organize runs into Craglorn to go Nirncrux hunting.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Atrayonis posted:

A handful of us are on the EU servers. Never forget!

Which faction then? Me and a friend are interested in trying this out and we're not sure where we want to go, even though we're in a european timezone we're chronologically flexible...that said is there content that's restricted to a certain time period or could I do anything at anytime I feel like it?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Can I get an invite to the Ebonheart Pact guild? @CompeAnansi

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

I have a question about skill points.

Most guides I've read (nightblade) only mention taking, leveling, and morphing the class skills and haven't mentioned anything about the weapon skills. I put two points into dual wield skills early, but it seems like I'm only going to use class skills..

Have I wasted those points by putting them in dual wield (twin slashes and flurry)?
If so, is it worth the long trip to respec now, before the cost goes way up?

DanoTuka fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 19, 2015

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Lemme in that Daggerguild.

@francofish

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DanoTuka posted:

I have a question about skill points.

Most guides I've read (nightblade) only mention taking, leveling, and morphing the class skills and haven't mentioned anything about the weapon skills. I put two points into dual wield skills early, but it seems like I'm only going to use class skills..

Have I wasted those points by putting them in dual wield (twin slashes and flurry)?
If so, is it worth the long trip to respec now, before the cost goes way up?

If you plan on sticking around, you'll be swimming in skill points by the time you're in the veteran ranks.

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Scyantific posted:

If you plan on sticking around, you'll be swimming in skill points by the time you're in the veteran ranks.

Oh? I figured I'd be limited to the 50 or so granted with leveling. Good to know.

E: Ah, I just figured out why I'm a dumbass. Thanks for your help.

DanoTuka fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 19, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

DanoTuka posted:

Oh? I figured I'd be limited to the 50 or so granted with leveling. Good to know.

E: Ah, I just figured out why I'm a dumbass. Thanks for your help.

There's about 400 or so possible between PvP and pve

At VR 8 I'm sitting at about 220

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Krakatoah posted:

Which faction then? Me and a friend are interested in trying this out and we're not sure where we want to go, even though we're in a european timezone we're chronologically flexible...that said is there content that's restricted to a certain time period or could I do anything at anytime I feel like it?
Ebonheart Pact mostly and unless you are going for group dungeons or pvp excursions which inherently need coordination with people who are maybe already asleep there's nothing time-limited.

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
I am thinking about getting back into ESO. How is the PvE/PVP endgame now?

edit: Also, if I buy the XBone Edition, will I be able to play on either the PC and XBone or do I have to decide and transfer?

iFriend fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 19, 2015

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I don't think there's been anything on that yet. You might get some sort of linking or even account copy, but Zenimax could make it so that everyone starts tabula rasa.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
You can transfer your PC to Console, or Console to PC for free if you qualify right now, or 20$ at a later date. The accounts stay separate, so you can't share the progress from PC to Xbone and back. It just clones your account. Plus you don't have to pay full price for the game on console. Its free or $20 for a Digital Edition!

quote:

Does the Console Transfer Offer move my PC / Mac account and associated characters permanently to the designated console version?

No. This offer will simply take an exact copy of your PC / Mac account and replicate it. From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate. Progress made on one account will not affect the progress made on the other account.

Sweet jesus I really really don't want to relevel a templar on EP but... Holy gently caress DC sucks so bad in Cyrodil!! I logged on this morning and in the lowbie campaign we're pushed back to our home keeps and are about to lose our only scroll. Supposedly DC people say it doesn't get any better in the Vet rank campaigns. :<

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 19, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Berke Negri posted:

There's about 400 or so possible between PvP and pve

At VR 8 I'm sitting at about 220

Yeah, if you're diligent about collecting sky shards and doing quests you'll sit north of a hundred by the time you finish the main quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Successfully completed the Gold Key Elden Hollow pledge today, and got the Blood Spawn Pauldrons from the Undaunted reward chest. Now to endlessly farm Veteran Spindleclutch to get the helm.

• Locked thread