Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"The spirit of Jesus is a man who never touched a boobie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The whole brother subplot reminds me of the solid episode of Regular Show.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Argus Zant posted:

is that Ur

is Ur secretly squatting inside Frank's rear end

Ur, does Ignignok know that you ran away from your home on the Moon

No it's JERRY.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
well that was unexpected

holy poo poo, he is?
\/\/\/\/\/

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I only just realized that Matt is voiced by Hannibal Burress. Usually I recognize him in everything

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

is that Ur

is Ur secretly squatting inside Frank's rear end

Ur, does Ignignok know that you ran away from your home on the Moon

Hey, he just ran from one moon to another.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Gotta do those HBO specials

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

Nurse Valentine's VA is Satsuki

also, this is awesome

Super late to the party cause I was without a TV since Friday but nah, that's Carrie Keranen.
Laura Post does voice someone in the show but she's only spoken one line so far. She'll get a lot more though, for better or worse.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

HGH posted:

Super late to the party cause I was without a TV since Friday but nah, that's Carrie Keranen.
Laura Post does voice someone in the show but she's only spoken one line so far. She'll get a lot more though, for better or worse.

i was relatively close, at least

also, that's not the only Skullgirls connection, as it turns out that:

- Christine Cabanos (Filia/Fukua) voices Mako
    - Sarah Williams (Peacock) voices Nonon
    - Cristina Valenzuela (Cerebella) voices another character that hasn't been introduced yet

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Could an online post from an online forum get someone banned in real life?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

JT Jag posted:

You're blowing my mind here, man.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
There's so much Cleveland Show on adult swim.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

JT Jag posted:

Gifmasters, please change the bullet coming out of the internet and moving all over the room into it hitting and causing a banning, or send a tiny ban moving all over the room instead. Thanks!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Important/Fantastic news update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NuePTC5BE

Get hype motherfuckers

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So this exists...

http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Evangelion_AIDS_PSA

Possible April Fools prank fodder for next year, maybe?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm gonna be away from tv tomorrow, anything notable happening on Toonami this week?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm gonna be away from tv tomorrow, anything notable happening on Toonami this week?

KLK officially goes off the rails and Kirito enters GGO

At least I think he does

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I would have to hope he finally starts the game this week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Meanwhile, this is what you have to look forward to in Goonami tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSuznNV6Iw8

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

my body is (not) ready

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Waffleman_ posted:

That clip proves that the show would still play funny as gently caress censored. Or at least I think it'd still be funny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That clip also has my one gripe with the dub. In the original Japanese, whenever the Demon Sisters said the word "rule," it was in English with rolled Rs, so it was like rrrrrrrrurrrrrru, and it was very pleasant to listen to.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

That clip also has my one gripe with the dub. In the original Japanese, whenever the Demon Sisters said the word "rule," it was in English with rolled Rs, so it was like rrrrrrrrurrrrrru, and it was very pleasant to listen to.

Aww, they don't have the rolling r's in the dub? Lame. I mean, everything else in the dub is freaking amazing, but that's a bummer.

Oh, and I poked around youtube for a bit, here's that scene (and a bit more, so don't watch the whole thing if you want to avoid spoilers) with the glorious rolling r's and bits of English intact: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-UNn5DAzFU.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 18, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TwoPair posted:

for some reason the phrase "please, _________ ha[d] a family" triggered this

I apologize for nothing.

this is exactly what I wanted, thank you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

DBZ Kai: Vegeta arrives on some planet looking for Frieza and is told he's on Namek looking for the Dragon Balls. Vegeta decides gently caress that, I'm going to Namek too. After a month, Bulma, Gohan, and Krillin arrive on Namek. Gohan and Krillin sense an evil premise, but they start searching for the Dragon Balls anyway.

Are they still on Namek?: They have arrived on Namek

Kill la Kill: Ryuko fights Inumuta and starts fighting Nonon. I'm sorry, there's not a lot happening right now. Things will happen tonight and you'll wish they didn't.

SAO II: Sinon's player has PTSD from when she shot a man three times and is triggered by even a finger gun. So obviously, she's an excellent FPS player. Kirito's going to go into Gun Gale, but not before a nurse hits on him because of course. This is garbage.

Is Kirito in GGO yet?: Almost, I think.

One Piece: Nami beats Kalifa and her and Franky devise a plan to snap Chopper out of his poo poo as Chopper interrupts Zoro and Usopp's fight. Franky uses an airblast to knock Chopper into the sea and stop his Devil Fruit powers and Nami uses Kalifa's key to unshackle Zoro and Usopp.

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Slayers Next: Lina and Gourry were very good friends and the world was saved.

Panty and Stocking: poo poo, cars, bees, and sex taps.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

Gohan and Krillin sense an evil premise, but they start searching for the Dragon Balls anyway.

They sense an entire show based around a guy slapping a kid who completely deserved it. Truly the most evil premise.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Waffleman_ posted:

Kill la Kill: Ryuko fights Inumuta and starts fighting Nonon. I'm sorry, there's not a lot happening right now. Things will happen tonight and you'll wish they didn't.

Oh poo poo, we're at the episode where opinions on the series begin to divide now, aren't we?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, incredibly. Ladies and gentlemen, we're about to be introduced to the main plot of Kill la Kill.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Or rather, what happened after the studio got bored with the fight school routine.

I will say that the next 4 or so episodes aren't really bad per se, but they're not the same as the stuff before. Its really after that where things sort of take a down turn.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Or rather, what happened after the studio got bored with the fight school routine.
"I'm not feeling this anime's central premise anymore. But we're contracted to do 26 episodes. Soooo..."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I will say that the next 4 or so episodes aren't really bad per se, but they're not the same as the stuff before. Its really after that where things sort of take a down turn.

I'll say it, though: these episodes are pretty bad. The fourth of those episodes, in particular, was the point I realized the show was just going to squander anything remotely interesting about its own setting, plot, or characters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well now I'm definitely intrigued. I've watched so far and even though there was way too much fanservice and I almost Lost My Way like 50 times, I've constantly thought "You know this really isn't that bad, those guys in the thread are being real babies."

Interested to see where things go now that the real Dark Souls KLK starts here.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh don't worry, there'll be a whole lot more of Losing Your Way to come, to the point of comedic overuse and then back to plain overuse.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh poo poo, we're at the episode where opinions on the series begin to divide now, aren't we?
Actually I think that's next episode. Today is still a fight episode for the most part(the preview was a bit misleading), and just has the last 5 minutes to introduce the character that induces the diverging opinions for some.
I like to think of her as the best worst character. She's the best at being the worst, with one absolutely amazing payoff as a result. I wonder what she'll sound like in this version.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, I think I'm overselling it, though, because most of it's just so loving boring

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, incredibly. Ladies and gentlemen, we're about to be introduced to the main plot of Kill la Kill.

i'm scared

i'm remembering back when people said that SAO was "about to get interesting"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

Like, I think I'm overselling it, though, because most of it's just so loving boring
I don't think any of the fighting is boring, but I do recall episode 13 being boring, then a good stretch of OK/funny episodes, then the real nosedive begins around 16 I think. It's a crazy rollercoaster ride of shifting emotions!
But I like KLK's exposition while being unable to stand SAO's least bad elements so I think I have bad opinions.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I missed last week of Goonami, I'm sad I didn't get to watch Panty and Stocking with ya'll.

Oh and also Toonami exists I guess.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

The really good Panty is coming up, you didn't miss all that much, although the dub was still rad.

I remember enjoying KLK basically throughout, so I guess I just have wrong opinions. I will agree that things are about to veer into crazy territory though.

SAO's going to get real good though, can't wait to hear the thread's reaction to Kirito's avatar.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

NowonSA posted:

The really good Panty is coming up, you didn't miss all that much, although the dub was still rad.

I remember enjoying KLK basically throughout, so I guess I just have wrong opinions. I will agree that things are about to veer into crazy territory though.

SAO's going to get real good though, can't wait to hear the thread's reaction to Kirito's avatar.

Oh dude I've watched the PSG dub like a dozen times, I know what I missed and what's still coming. I just like hanging out with everyone. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We're hanging out in Goonami.

• Locked thread