Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Torrannor posted:

That sounds awesome. Settlement management sounds like stronghold management in fantasy games, which I always liked.

Did anyone enjoy the busywork in Inquisition? It soured the game for me and I gave up pretty early (yes, past the hinterlands). There was very little worthwhile content outside the core story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The idea of building up the keep was cool but the real time "quests" sucked rear end.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Alain Post posted:

The idea of building up the keep was cool but the real time "quests" sucked rear end.

The idea of building up the keep was cool, but the execution was really terrible.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 18, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

theCalamity posted:

An alien race called Remnants that leave remnants of their Remnant civilization. Really imaginative, guys.

That's how you know those spoilers are real.

I think Remnants are the space golems those spoilers were talking about a long time ago.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Like you said, reeeeeal imaginative...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Remnant

I smell crossover.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Remnant is a pretty common term.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

There are a lot of Star Wars-ish elements in Mass Effect, like it was originally conceived as a KOTOR follow-on that grew its own legs.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Speaking of old Bioware games, I wish they'd do something like Jade Empire, where you can switch styles, or classes for Mass Effect, on the fly.

Sniping not working out? Switch to Vanguard. Overload not doing much to armor? Switch to Adept and Warp.

Sure it'll kill replay value on the SP, but it'll be a hell of a SP run.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Veotax posted:

Unless they decide to bring in Dragon Age style species selection, you're going to be playing as a human.

They showed off the player character models a while ago. Redesigned human N7s.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

tribbledirigible posted:

Speaking of old Bioware games, I wish they'd do something like Jade Empire, where you can switch styles, or classes for Mass Effect, on the fly.

Sniping not working out? Switch to Vanguard. Overload not doing much to armor? Switch to Adept and Warp.

Sure it'll kill replay value on the SP, but it'll be a hell of a SP run.

Isn't that the whole point of squadmates though? Balancing your team to address multiple situations or going super heavy into one thing if you have intel on the enemies.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Yes, but squadmate power cooldowns have left me hanging. They're great at what they're specialized fir and for drawing fire, but their rate of power use is about as often as a pubbie on Silver.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Beat the trilogy for the first time, and I have to say I liked the series.

To be honest the biggest disappointment was learning that quarians don't have horrifying tentacle faces.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
let me be a krogan i wanna be a drat krogan

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Make it all-krogan.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Having to play a lovely dumb loving human is the worst thing about any of the Mass Effect games

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Having to play a lovely dumb loving human is the worst thing about any of the Mass Effect games

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

I'd be all over a game where you play as a turian in C-Sec and shoot up smugglers or something

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

That was basically my pitch from a couple pages ago but some developers just have to jack off about humanity and what N7 means or whatever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Humans are bad but human/alien romances are good. Difficult choices.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Seemlar posted:

They showed off the player character models a while ago. Redesigned human N7s.

Pregnancy roleplay

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Humans are bad but human/alien romances are good. Difficult choices.

Alien/different alien romances?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mr Tastee posted:

Alien/different alien romances?

Let's consult the fanfics.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Introducing a new alien race from the Andromeda galaxy, the Fuckazoids.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Introducing a new alien race from the Andromeda galaxy, the Fuckazoids.

I think they'd just be called the Fuckers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
How would that be any different from the Asari

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Alain Post posted:

Honesty.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Alain Post posted:

Bigger tits.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kaizer88 posted:

Bigger tits dicks.

Fixed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Keep going.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Alain Post posted:

How is Remnant any different than Prothean?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If they're called Remnants, why aren't there any remaining??? What is going ON?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I've been on board with an intergalactic voyage, because I liked them getting a clean slate with no reapers and all new planets, nations and hubs. But drat it, don't waste it by xeroxing stuff from the Milky Way.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
So since it's a different galaxy all the poo poo from Mass effect wont even really cross over? None of the aliens from the Milky Way and none of the Reaper stuff? What is the point of even making it the same IP?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

So since it's a different galaxy all the poo poo from Mass effect wont even really cross over? None of the aliens from the Milky Way and none of the Reaper stuff? What is the point of even making it the same IP?

The idea is that the Citadel races are colonizing a whole new galaxy for reasons

so you can have the old familiar Mass Effect stuff and you get to introduce a bunch of newer stuff without the awkwardness of "well, where were these things back in the first games?"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pattonesque posted:

The idea is that the Citadel races are colonizing a whole new galaxy for reasons

so you can have the old familiar Mass Effect stuff and you get to introduce a bunch of newer stuff without the awkwardness of "well, where were these things back in the first games?"

The real reason is so that the series doesn't have to deal with the nonsense that was Mass Effect 3's ending choice.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Given that long-range travel within the Milky Way was only possible because of the mass relays that nobody understood or knew how to build, I wonder how they manage to get all the way to Andromeda.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shocking third act reveal as we discover that it was not the Remnants who created the Andromeda relays, but the Harvesters, an ancient sentient machine race who are set to wipe the galaxy clean unless you can unite the Helius Cluster in time.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Geostomp posted:

The real reason is so that the series doesn't have to deal with the nonsense that was Mass Effect 3's ending choice.

yeah I mean also that

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Given that long-range travel within the Milky Way was only possible because of the mass relays that nobody understood or knew how to build, I wonder how they manage to get all the way to Andromeda.

depending on how long it's been since ME3 they may have just figured out how to build new ones

or they discovered one post-reaper war

one of the more intriguing theories I read was that you could have multiple relay networks in the same galaxy that were totally independent of one another -- considering you still have to FTL it to nearby systems, if you put them far enough away from one another, they might never cross paths

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

FronzelNeekburm posted:

They found an eighth mass effect field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Shocking third act reveal as we discover that it was not the Remnants who created the Andromeda relays, but the Harvesters, an ancient sentient machine race who are set to wipe the galaxy clean unless you can unite the Helius Cluster in time.

lol

• Locked thread