Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Finally got around to beating Legend mode after a several-month hiatus from the game. gently caress the final boss fight. Nearly broke my controller in half after I lost the first time.

Now to play adventure mode for the rest of my life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Kaethela posted:

Finally got around to beating Legend mode after a several-month hiatus from the game. gently caress the final boss fight. Nearly broke my controller in half after I lost the first time.

Now to play adventure mode for the rest of my life!

A good tip for Ganon is that his weapons/parts take damage and break when you hit them with the correct counter. So his fireball bracelet gets visibly hosed up when you successfully counter it with a bomb, and you won't have to worry about that attack anymore because you broke it. Exception: he has two horns, so you'll have to do the boomerang counter twice. I found fighting him a lot easier once I understood that, because I could mentally cross some items off once they were no longer needed, and then I knew that breaking all his poo poo is what triggers the rest of the fight.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
When you fight him again in one of the Adventure Map battles, you should have seen me desperately looking around for light arrows despite (as I found out after way too long) that you don't even need them.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Could someone post a quick summary on recommended levels in Adventure mode? What level should you expect your guys to be at in order to beat Adventure, also Master Quest? Also what level should you be to start enjoying the Twilight and Majora DLC maps? I heard Majora is a bit easier than the Twilight map.

Also where's a good place to raise levels if I need to? I am currently finished the initial Adventure map (only because of co-op) and making my way through the Master Quest one. Haven't touched the other two. So far I've mostly leaned on the first rewards mission (with midna, zelda, etc) but is there a quicker way?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Spiffo posted:

Could someone post a quick summary on recommended levels in Adventure mode? What level should you expect your guys to be at in order to beat Adventure, also Master Quest? Also what level should you be to start enjoying the Twilight and Majora DLC maps? I heard Majora is a bit easier than the Twilight map.

Also where's a good place to raise levels if I need to? I am currently finished the initial Adventure map (only because of co-op) and making my way through the Master Quest one. Haven't touched the other two. So far I've mostly leaned on the first rewards mission (with midna, zelda, etc) but is there a quicker way?

Around 60-70 or so for Adventure/Master Quest, and you probably want to be in the 90 zone for the Twilight Princess one, and at around 80 or so for Majora's Mask.

You will probably be like me and possess much higher levels than those listed above because the damage you do at those levels for the high-level missions feel inadequate at times. (Thank God for the Rupee Glitch.)

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I finally managed to A-rank the quiz level in Master Quest that requires Zelda right before Volga's rank 3. Now my giant 5 month roadblock is gone and the game is fun again!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I just got my Wii U back from repairs after a 7 week wait, and dived right back into this game to check out the stuff from the last dlc pack.

Wow, the mode where you play as Ganon is absolute poo poo. Yeah I sure do love being hit for a huge chunk of my health by attacks from enemies I can't see because they're either obscured by my character, or offscreen but still in range of my enormous hitbox. It's like the reason why I never play as the great fairy, but 10 times worse! :psyduck:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

More of Setz's Hurl Warriors stuff.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

This, but Tingle instead.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Specifically that Lana.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
There's going to be more DLC for Hyrule Warriors someday right? We got some Majora's Mask DLC when Majora's Mask 3DS came out. So, they've got to give us something; even if it it just a costume skin when Zelda Wii U drops in 2016? Right!?

I really don't want the DLC to end. I think it'd be good hype for both games if they append Hyrule Warriors with some content reminiscent of the new game to come. I'd predict January 2016 we get some more Hyrule Warriors DLC.

Also, I think Lana in Smash would be cute, but I doubt it'd happen.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
For the life of me, I can't do the rupee glitch. Put about 4 hours into trying to do it this weekend and not one bite. Been using the naginata method, but no luck. Any tips?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Spectacle Rock posted:

There's going to be more DLC for Hyrule Warriors someday right? We got some Majora's Mask DLC when Majora's Mask 3DS came out. So, they've got to give us something; even if it it just a costume skin when Zelda Wii U drops in 2016? Right!?

I really don't want the DLC to end. I think it'd be good hype for both games if they append Hyrule Warriors with some content reminiscent of the new game to come. I'd predict January 2016 we get some more Hyrule Warriors DLC.

Also, I think Lana in Smash would be cute, but I doubt it'd happen.

I'm hoping we'll just have HW2 by then but Koei hasn't said anything about it yet so who knows.

E: Actually Hyrule Warriors was announced at E3 last year then came out pretty quick right? Maybe there is hope that we'll get another by Q1 2016.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

larchesdanrew posted:

For the life of me, I can't do the rupee glitch. Put about 4 hours into trying to do it this weekend and not one bite. Been using the naginata method, but no luck. Any tips?

I would recommend doing it with Cia, her method of killing Gohma is simple and extremely fast, among the fastest you'll get. She's the character I triggered the glitch with most, despite initially discovering the general method with Summoning Gate Lana. If you need a video to see how to go for it with Cia, here's mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkIqA1Gjkw

If for some reason Cia is not an option for you, Sheik is also a reasonably quick option but is tougher to time killing mooks with during Gohma's death throes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHGR4-bP9E

Also, just know that, unless something has been discovered in the last month or so to make things more consistent, you still might have no successes in a couple hours, but with Cia I generally got anywhere between 2-5 successes in an hour.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 19, 2015

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I would recommend doing it with Cia, her method of killing Gohma is simple and extremely fast, among the fastest you'll get. She's the character I triggered the glitch with most, despite initially discovering the general method with Summoning Gate Lana. If you need a video to see how to go for it with Cia, here's mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkIqA1Gjkw

If for some reason Cia is not an option for you, Sheik is also a reasonably quick option but is tougher to time killing mooks with during Gohma's death throes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHGR4-bP9E

Also, just know that, unless something has been discovered in the last month or so to make things more consistent, you still might have no successes in a couple hours, but with Cia I generally got anywhere between 2-5 successes in an hour.

Catch 22 on that one: I want the rupee glitch to power level my severely underleveled Cia. Slowly making my way to her level 2 whip.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

larchesdanrew posted:

Catch 22 on that one: I want the rupee glitch to power level my severely underleveled Cia. Slowly making my way to her level 2 whip.

In that case, Sheik and maybe Ganondorf are also respectably fast at taking down Gohma, meaning you get more attempts in in your timeframe. I don't recall if Ganondorf needs Hasty Attacks to guarantee the gauge break from outside of the halo or not, though, but I did make a video for him as well, same channel as the other two.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

In that case, Sheik and maybe Ganondorf are also respectably fast at taking down Gohma, meaning you get more attempts in in your timeframe. I don't recall if Ganondorf needs Hasty Attacks to guarantee the gauge break from outside of the halo or not, though, but I did make a video for him as well, same channel as the other two.

He does not, which I can confirm, since he's the character I usually use to get the rupee glitch...

Unless you're talking about taking the whole gauge down in one go and not the whole boss's health down once the gauge is gone.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Folt The Bolt posted:

He does not, which I can confirm, since he's the character I usually use to get the rupee glitch...

Unless you're talking about taking the whole gauge down in one go and not the whole boss's health down once the gauge is gone.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I was talking about taking out the entire Weak Point Gauge in one knockdown (which then leads to taking out the boss's entire healthbar in that knockdown).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I was talking about taking out the entire Weak Point Gauge in one knockdown (which then leads to taking out the boss's entire healthbar in that knockdown).

Yeah. Then we need Hasty Attacks.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I've only pulled of the max rupee glitch twice. It seems to be random if you get it even if you do the steps by the letter.

To help me take out Ghoma, I put a "VS Beast" skill on my weapon. (I think it was versus Beast) It said it does more damage specifically against Ghomas :)

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
How strong do you need to be before this glitch is doable?

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Put in another three hours today attempting this with Ganondorf. The kills went a lot quicker with him, since you get just enough time for a heavy attack and two ranged attacks to get him into weak point territory. Still didn't manage to trigger it though.

In other news, I can't believe how that one master quest quiz level with Zelda was holding me back so much. I've already managed to clear half the master quest map and only have 4 or 5 adventure map weapons left to get.

Now I'm stuck on the damned "protect the allied keeps with your life" missions. Those are loving bullshit.

A Frosty Witch fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Apr 20, 2015

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

Rupee glitch is mine! At count, after over 8 hours of attempts, I finally got it with the summoning gate. Then 3 more times. IN A ROW.

Now to cheese the hell out of some rank 3 weapon missions.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

larchesdanrew posted:

Rupee glitch is mine! At count, after over 8 hours of attempts, I finally got it with the summoning gate. Then 3 more times. IN A ROW.

Now to cheese the hell out of some rank 3 weapon missions.

Congrats, glad you finally got it.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

so now that i got money taken care of is there a quick way to grind up to max level? My highest is 180.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Uncle Wemus posted:

so now that i got money taken care of is there a quick way to grind up to max level? My highest is 180.

Bottom left corner of the Master Quest map, do that Rack Up KOs with EXP+ and the Experience potion both active and make as many of your kills as possible while in Focus Spirit. Probably fastest and most fun with Young Link since leveling a lot ties into staying into Focus Spirit for him via filling special for him to convert to magic.

I want to say my average level gain per run of that with Young Link was like 8 levels once you get to the levels where all the EXP needed is the same.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

:siren: Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS and loving Tetra and the god drat King of Red Lions :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2L8Cfafrvc

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
E: ^:argh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2L8Cfafrvc
New characters: Tetra and King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, will also be usable in the Wii U version.

Doc V fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 10, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh goddammit, does that arrow at the end mean you have to buy the 3DS version so you can transfer Tetra and the King over to the WiiU version?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Whoa hold the fuckin phone was that swapping between playable characters in the middle of the map on the 3DS? Holy poo poo....!

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Goddammit KT I thought I was done with this game.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Edit: Double posting for Tetra and Dad Boat I guess. I wonder what other characters they'll include now that Pandoras box slots for toon characters have been opened up.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 10, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
This is good. Lack of Wind Waker representation was pretty much my only complaint about the Wii U game

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

How do they add King of Red Lions as a character, that motherfucker turns into a loving boat to attack, what is happening

This news needs more sirens

:siren: :siren: :siren:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if there are more characters that they're not announcing yet. The Linebeck and Groose dream still lives.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

mabels big day posted:

What if there are more characters that they're not announcing yet. The Linebeck and Groose dream still lives.

Lana with a pompadour and Lana with a coat.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hope it's like Smash Mewtwo and I can just buy the characters separately.

Also the Groose dream lives but King of Red Lions honestly beats him for me in terms of "impossible dream characters".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There are almost certainly more characters because they're not going to include Tetra and KoRL and not Toon Link, especially since he already has an Amiibo.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Meh, i wish they'd just give us Mario warriors instead of working on this port. :/

edit: i want a warriors for all the Nintendo franchises and then a Nintendo warriors megabrand that merges them all together. :colbert:

Like Smash Bros with armies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tender Bender posted:

I hope it's like Smash Mewtwo and I can just buy the characters separately.

Also the Groose dream lives but King of Red Lions honestly beats him for me in terms of "impossible dream characters".

I can't imagine you won't be able to buy separately. Nintendo's preorder DLC or cross buy stuff has always come out for future purchase.

Knowing Nintendo, the unlock method for the King and Tetra will be a code in the box, and that means people who just get the 3ds version will sell/trade their codes.

• Locked thread