Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
theres a few kickboxing cards this weekend, mostly poo poo but i guess saki fights on friday morning (est) and theres a k1 japan card late late saturday night/early sunday morning

schedules and where to watch them are posted and if you cant find one of these weird foreign channels or whatever, pop into #mma on synirc and we got ya + if its a legal one ill post it here too

Friday, April 17

[KICKBOXING]
Global Fighting Championship 5
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Main Card - Fight Network - 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT
TBD vs. TBD - GFC Heavyweight Tournament Final
Gokhan Saki vs. Sebastian Ciobanu
Ismael Lazaar vs. Fatih Ulusoy
Jafar Ahmadi vs. Danyo Ilunga - Semifinal #2
Steve McKinnon vs. Zabıt Samedov - Semifinal #1
Andre Meunier vs. Naoufal Bennazous
Srdjan Seles vs Jean Geatan Sautron
Tofan Pirani vs. Murat Aygun
Brad Riddell vs. Maseh Nuristani
Jason Woodham vs. Masoud Minaei
Adrian Garlonta vs. Jamshid Givehchi
Jamnian Srikam vs. Saeed Nouri Long

Saturday, April 18

[KICKBOXING]
Enfusion Live #27
Tenerife, Spain

Free Stream: EnfusionLive.com

Main Card - Stream / Fight Network - 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
Mohamed Boubkari vs. Moises Baute
Andy Souwer vs. Jonay Risco
Rafael Llodra vs. Maximo Suarez
Amansio Paraschiv vs. Elam NGor
Anissa Meksen vs. Eva Naranjo
Ricardo Costa vs. Maikel Garcia

Sunday, April 19

[KICKBOXING]
K-1 World GP 2015 -55kg Championship Tournament
Tokyo, Japan

iPPV: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv216321990

Main Card - iPPV - 3:00am ET / 12:00am PT
TBD vs. TBD - 55kg GP Final
HIROYA vs. Minoru Kimura
Yuta Kubo vs. Yasuomi Soda
TBD vs. TBD - 55kg GP Semifinal
TBD vs. TBD - 55kg GP Semifinal
Koya Urabe vs. Javier Hernandez
Kaew Fairtex vs. Masaaki Noiri
Taisuke Degai vs. Rui Botelho - GP Reserve

55kg GP Quarterfinals
Taiga vs. Soufiane El Haji
Nobuchika Terado vs. Charles Bongiovanni
Shota Takiya vs. Danial Williams
Takeru vs. Alexandre Prilip

Preliminary Card
Haruma Saikyo vs. Yoshiki Takei
Kotetsu vs. Keiji
Kazuyoshi vs. Yuichiro Ito
Ren Hiramoto vs. Yuki Izuka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
GFC is such a piece of poo poo. Like, in a vacuum that tournament isn't bad even if all of the guys belong at 205. But they start all these wild rumours that they're going to use the millions of dollars they blow on their events to make a good card (the rumour they started for this one was that the tournament would contain Ghita, Hari, and Saki) to try and get people excited and then it turns out to be another steaming pile that somehow costs millions. Complete waste of a fight for Saki, whatever.

Enfusion is always solid, and it's free. I'm sure K-1 will put on another great show, Koya Urabe vs Javier Hernandez and Kaew vs Noiri are great fights. Javier Hernandez is really great fun.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

K-1 is happening right now, fights have been extremely cool so far. Right now Goku is getting his rear end kicked in the first round.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This just degenerated into the tiniest, wildest brawl I have seen all year.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like Noiri vs Kaew fell through for some reason and Noiri's fighting a Dutchman instead. Kinda disappointed about that.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Man tonight was not Noiri's night. Teep'd in the dick and then getting his eyelid split open with a flying knee for a cut TKO. Poor guys in tears as he walks out.

Massaro Glunder looked real good though. Freakishly long legs and crisp knees.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Fedor is in the ring now for some reason, getting ceremonied?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
poo poo, if i knew there was a way to watch this i wouldn't have stayed up late last night :I

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Takeru is such a stupid fun fighter, someone is going to loving end his existence one of these days but until then this is hilarious as poo poo.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The tournament final is going to be loving monstrous, and there's still Urabe/Hernandez to go. Highly recommended everyone checks this out, show is amazing.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
are you watching through niconico or what?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Takeru just wailed on a crouched over dude for over a minute of bodyshots and knees and the ref did not even count it lmao

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The finals are as amazing as I predicted and even more.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
takeru is a heroically stupid fighter and is giving taiga every opportunity to get back into the fight while completely beating his rear end

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Oh man I have not had a beatdown-comeback-related rush like that since Saffiedine/Lim

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://imgur.com/bQI49BK the knockout game reaches china at last...

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this is the best and worst thing i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNIM453_dgg

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this just in, orangutan fighter Badr Hairy arrested on multiple battery charges after incident in Amsterdam bakery. Authorities say there is a possible banana smuggling connection. More as the story develops

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Triticum Guzzler posted:

honestly less surreal than 99% of this thread

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

quote:

Thank you very much for being by my side all these years, supporting me with your love and positive energy.
After 24 years, it's time to close my fighting career and give my last two fights.
On May 9th in Cyprus and in Athens in June.
After 177 bouts, 154 wins and 87 knock outs, the experience, knowledge and lessons taken by kick boxing and championship are countless and priceless, some of them that I learned is to dare to dream and succeed in what the others planned that I cannot manage, I learned to invest fear and stress in victories and joy, I learned that when I fall, it's a chance to rest for a while and get up even stronger, experienced and angry to fight for my dreams, I learned that the best defense is forecast, that I can fight with beasts and with the right strategy and training, to knock down them in the ring, that depending on the motivation, the sacrifice is weakened, I learned that with vision, faith, patience, perseverance, discipline and abundant love I can make my wildest dreams come true.
The way was not easy, but this way cultivated me this way of thinking and instincts so I can scramble harder in the ring with the best athletes in the world, winning 15 world titles, always coming out with the Cross and the Greek flag on my chest, representing with pride and respect our country, our culture, our heavy history and what we stand for.
I am looking forward to having you by my side and giving these last two fights in the ring together.

With respect
Iron Mike Zambidis

:patriot: everybody go watch Zambidis vs Chahid right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABn15k_ijVs

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You're not the boss of me.

One minute in-- holy body shots going both ways.

edit: that ref was very good and what a fookin' war

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 2, 2015

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Holy poo poo they start fast. Wish more guys would do that in the UFC..

And jesus christ schiavello was losing his mind

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 08:03 on May 2, 2015

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Let's not forget when he murdered Kid and made his wife cry on TV. :patriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqt1IFPpxL0&t=695s

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that's honestly one of the best fights I've ever seen, i almost threw up when it went to an extra round. i feel like their ancestors were made retarded by that poo poo. loving a

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

This is literally one of the best fights I've ever seen

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Schaivello was on fire

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I am a better man for witnessing that.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Iirc that was the second best kickboxing fight of that year

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
They should just cancel Mayweather/Pacquiao and instead just superimpose their faces on Chahid and Zambo and show this fight as the PPV.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

here is a promotional photo of Catalin Morosanu enjoying a nice meal of cauliflower, pineapple, flour and ground turmeric, washed down with a nice goblet of flour and ground turmeric, in an unfinished basement with a sand floor, on a throne surrounded by skulls. A candle is lit even though the lights are on.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol what is the context for that

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

here is a promotional photo of Catalin Morosanu enjoying a nice meal of cauliflower, pineapple, flour and ground turmeric, washed down with a nice goblet of flour and ground turmeric, in an unfinished basement with a sand floor, on a throne surrounded by skulls. A candle is lit even though the lights are on.

lmao

also

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

henkman posted:

lol what is the context for that

he's going to be in some kind of music video, Catalin Morosanu of course has a great history with music entertainment, and is beloved for dancing to "Who Let The Dogs Out" in blackface on Romania's Dancing with the Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twPKAqcKwoc

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Jesus christ

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The best guy Morosanu ever fought was Zimmerman, who instantly destroyed him. Badr Hari has signed to fight Morosanu not once, but twice this year. Also, he's back with notorious steroid peddler "Papa Mike" and coincidentally has suddenly become very bald and muscular.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

My only memory of him was when he fought Taiei Kin, thought the ten-second warning was the end of the round and was shocked when Kin continued to punch him, then proceeded to KO him after the round was actually over.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Almost forgot there's a Glory card tonight, which is kind of not good :henget:

MAIN CARD
MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE FIGHT
ARTEM LEVIN VS SIMON MARCUS

HW CONTENDER TOURNAMENT - FINAL
SF1 WINNER VS SF2 WINNER

RAYMOND DANIELS VS JUSTIN BAESMAN

HW CONTENDER TOURNAMENT - SEMIFINALS
XAVIER VIGNEY VS MAURICE JACKSON
DEMOREO DENNIS VS CHI LEWIS PARRY

Demoreo Dennis is the guy who just lost to Pat Barry.

Chi Lewis Parry is a British guy with European supermutant size, but has yet to show European supermutant skill, but is undefeated.

Xavier Vigney is a US guy with European supermutant size who definitely doesn't have European supermutant skill and got absolutely demolished when he fought Zabit Samedov, who is an undersized heavy (though he did whip Badr's rear end that one time and he looks like Andy Hug)

I have no idea who Maurice Jackson is.

Raymond Daniels is the spinny kick guy.

Levin/Marcus will probably be decent.

it's on at whatever time it says on that banner

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

This card is going to be really good. HW qualification tournament, MW title fight, and a co-main featuring a Kenpo guy who does really weird kicks. Everybody watch.

e- I basically paraphrased what you said because I'm incredibly tired

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
heavyweights