Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

I didn't even know there was a second season, that would explain why I believe it was a good show

I didn't know there was second season either. I stopped watching after the second episode, where we find out that the main character didn't actually die from zombies, he committed suicide after he found out his ex-boyfriend who went to afghanistan wihtout telling him was declared KIA, and the boyfriend came back as a zombie but now has been cured of being a zombie and was sent back to Britain to live with his dad, who's the commander of the old anti-zombie militia which is now an anti-zombie hategroup, which the main character's sister is also a member of.

Maybe I should've finished the series, there was only one episode left. Did they ever show who was behind the secret internet zombie group that supported former zombies taking the illegal drug "Blue Oblivion" that turned them back into zombies, which was endorse by the manic pixie zombie girl the main character met?

All that was in two episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

It gets way worse, the manic pixie zombie girl starts turning back into a human and it turns out the main character is the mythical "first risen" the first zombie to come back alive which everyone believes will grant him the power to bring forth a second zombie uprising or superpowers or some poo poo.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Surlaw posted:

Alternate time line television event where Beth is the hero and Rick and Shane leave Lori for each other and she defeats the zombies entirely with the power of dance music, something this season has proven massively effective. She goes into space a superstar, much like Glenn does in issue 100 of the comic when he leaves to be with his space family in space. Maggie is pregnant with a squid baby.

He appears in the dark-: spiderman.

American Horror Story: Zombie

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

socialsecurity posted:

It gets way worse, the manic pixie zombie girl starts turning back into a human and it turns out the main character is the mythical "first risen" the first zombie to come back alive which everyone believes will grant him the power to bring forth a second zombie uprising or superpowers or some poo poo.

:dogbutton:

yeah that sounds like shite

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I don't know anything about that show but that description makes it sound pretty funny.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
In The Flesh had some pretty fun things about it, like integrating Zombies who have literally killed and eaten people and have memory of it back into society, but then there was also a ton of mega-stupid. On the other hand, it DOES take place in a very small town, so some of the "his sister did this", "his boyfriend did this" "the boyfriend's dad is anti-zombie" connections are not quite as ridiculous as they sound when you pile them up like that, since pretty much everyone is related.

I loved how their "first risen" = the messiah was actually the one person who totally killed himself. :lol: but it just went crazy-pants and made no sense at all, in that way where you know that the writers have no clue what they're doing, and then it's all ruined.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

socialsecurity posted:

Its not much worse than the zombie mind control poo poo that was in the last couple episodes of Z Nation.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
In The Flesh sounds a lot like Warm Bodies.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grin and Tonic posted:

In The Flesh sounds a lot like Warm Bodies.

Nah, Warm Bodies had some genuinely funny stuff, whereas In the Flesh goes for a dour super cereal British tone.

I guess that's the thing: In the Flesh (season 1) is good for a British show

Les Revenants is way, way, way loving better. As of the end of season 1, it's not quite literally a "zombie show", the basic premise is "people who died are showing back up and acting like they never went anywhere" so it deals with similar themes (our 14 year old daughter is back despite being totally dead and now she never sleeps and is always hungry, etc.)

It's also set in a small (very small) town so it's all interconnected and all the personal stories sort of weave into this crazy tapestry of events.

It's really good and also creepy.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
ABC also has that inferior remake Resurrection.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mokinokaro posted:

ABC also has that inferior remake Resurrection.

A remake so bad that I had no idea two entire seasons of it have already aired, apparently.

Les Revenants also has music by Mogwai which helps. I just think it's a bit stupid Netflix calls it "The Returned" because that is such a dumb name even if it is a literal translation.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

precision posted:

Les Revenants also has music by Mogwai which helps. I just think it's a bit stupid Netflix calls it "The Returned" because that is such a dumb name even if it is a literal translation.

I knew I recognized that name somewhere! Any TV show that uses Mogwai at least has some sense about them, is there somewhere to stream this show online? Popcorn Time?

precision posted:

Nah, Warm Bodies had some genuinely funny stuff, whereas In the Flesh goes for a dour super cereal British tone.

As sappy as Warm Bodies was I was a fan. Definitely like a romantic comedy vibe the entire way through, but with some great comedic interludes(Rob Corddry).

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Can we talk about the real racism of there only being one Asian person?

That one Asian is probably the most capable person in the group.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Disappointed by the lack of trans native americans represented in this show.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
shut up.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Michael Fye posted:

That one Asian is probably the most capable person in the group.

Isn't he dying or about to die tho?

I can swear I heard him say that now he's going to die because of that other rear end in a top hat who's name I forgot. Unless he said he almost died?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Dalael posted:

Isn't he dying or about to die tho?

I can swear I heard him say that now he's going to die because of that other rear end in a top hat who's name I forgot. Unless he said he almost died?

I think he said "you were going to kill me because of what I said to you", or something along those lines. I don't think they'll kill Glenn with a bite flu.

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
It's been awhile since I read the comics but haven't the writes kept Glen in the show longer than he was in the comics?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I haven't read the comics in a long time but from posters in this thread it sounds like his days are very much numbered if they stick with the comic plot.

I really hope they don't because the show is much better than the little bit of the comics I read.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Michael Fye posted:

It's been awhile since I read the comics but haven't the writes kept Glen in the show longer than he was in the comics?

He dies pretty soon after this point in the comics but they've hosed around with the length of time characters like Andrea, Tyrese, Carol, and Dale lasted/have lasted so it doesn't really prove anything

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Glenn is also insanely popular so Id be surprised if they had the balls to cut him down. It would almost be like killing off Darryl.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Austrian mook posted:

Glenn is also insanely popular so Id be surprised if they had the balls to cut him down. It would almost be like killing off Darryl.
Well I mean at this point the only characters left from the pilot are Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, and Daryl (not really going to count Morgan). So yeah if you off any of those people it's going to be a big deal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Either Glenn or Maggie will die soon so the surviving one can be sad and become a hard-rear end. It's the circle of life.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I stopped watching after the main group entered the survivng community, is the rest of the season good enough to watch, or would I be wasting my time?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

precision posted:

Either Glenn or Maggie will die soon so the surviving one can be sad and become a hard-rear end. It's the circle of life.

How much more hard rear end can Glen become?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

I stopped watching after the main group entered the survivng community, is the rest of the season good enough to watch, or would I be wasting my time?

I thought the high point of the season was the group getting established in Alexandria.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fog Tripper posted:

How much more hard rear end can Glen become?

By season 7 he will have a full, lush beard.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well I mean at this point the only characters left from the pilot are Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, and Daryl (not really going to count Morgan). So yeah if you off any of those people it's going to be a big deal.

Were Carol, Glenn or Daryl even in the pilot? Pretty sure Glenn was only heard on the walkie and not actually seen, and Daryl was introduced as Merle's brother after Rick already arrived at the camp. Not sure when Carol was first seen.

Also isn't 7 seasons some kind of magic number for TV contracts? As in, after 7 seasons the actors can renegotiate their pay, and the people playing the most important characters have the most leverage to get huge payouts? No idea how many seasons they're planning to go with this show, but the five you mentioned are the only ones who are close (I think Maggie is second closest) and I would imagine they're going to kill off a couple of them soon.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

steinrokkan posted:

If you liked the show up to this point, keep watching. If you didn't, don't.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

precision posted:

I don't want Maggie to die because it'd make Glenn sad. Glenn's cool, he should get a happy life in the horrible zombie world.

But I wouldn't mind not having to hear Maggie's weird variable accent anymore

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Lol. Fear the walking dead :v:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

It's honestly far more entertaining so far since they got inside. It's not an A list show, not anymore, but it's drat amusing if you just roll with it all.

Carol also continues being the best character in the whole crew. But it is fun watching fools leading the blind.

Loqieu posted:

Disappointed by the lack of trans native americans represented in this show.

In all seriousness they were in the American south, where the gently caress are all the giant fat zombies? Yeah they would have been the first to go and all but you'd think the average weight of a typical People of Wal-Mart photo that they could take a few bites and still have plenty left.

Plus, the flip side is they'd be kind of horrifying as zombies because it'd be like fighting a mule. I call that a win/win.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 25, 2015

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's honestly far more entertaining so far since they got inside. It's not an A list show, not anymore, but it's drat amusing if you just roll with it all.

Carol also continues being the best character in the whole crew. But it is fun watching fools leading the blind.

In all seriousness they were in the American south, where the gently caress are all the giant fat zombies? Yeah they would have been the first to go and all but you'd think the average weight of a typical People of Wal-Mart photo that they could take a few bites and still have plenty left.

Plus, the flip side is they'd be kind of horrifying as zombies because it'd be like fighting a mule. I call that a win/win.

Fat ones were the first to die and get eaten.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been casually re watching (in the second season now) and it's interesting to see how the show has gotten better and worse. Andrea is such a horrible character (shane isn't far off though). I can't believe it took them what, 4 seasons to get rid of her? At least it feels like horror sometimes though, which is pretty much completely lost at this point.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
At least with Shane there was some tension and (mild) suspense. I mean, we al knew Rick would kill Shane, but some of the scenes of Shane silently plotting Rick's demise were good, and Shane's recovering from no longer being surrogate husband/father to Lori/Carl had some depth that TWD hasn't really shown in a character for a while. At this point, Rick basically is Shane anyways.

Merle was the better character, though.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Grin and Tonic posted:

At least with Shane there was some tension and (mild) suspense. I mean, we al knew Rick would kill Shane, but some of the scenes of Shane silently plotting Rick's demise were good, and Shane's recovering from no longer being surrogate husband/father to Lori/Carl had some depth that TWD hasn't really shown in a character for a while. At this point, Rick basically is Shane anyways.

Merle was the better character, though.

Yea but that hand... It was Happy Gilmore quality and wasn't even trying to be ironic or comical.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Shane and Merle were the most interesting characters the show has had.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Shane was a very cool character up t'il the point he laid his hands on Lauri (Thank god she is dead). He was a great father figure to Carl, a good friend to Rick (before he tried to kill him) and was a much better leader than Rick. This whole thing Rick had about completely respecting other people's crazy wishes was just loving dumb and Shane knew it.

I always found Lauri to be the worst character of all of them. My personal tipping point (The moment I said to myself gently caress it, she can't be redeemed) was when she got mad at Rick for defending himself and killing Shane, when one episode earlier she had told him he needed to kill Shane. Make up your drat mind woman!

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I'm doin' stuff. Thangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

Fat ones were the first to die and get eaten.

The well zombie is the only fat one.

• Locked thread