Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Variable_H posted:

Found this on reddit, figured it might help with all the system transfer questions: Interactive Transfer Guide.

nothing will help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Each character has two additional unlockable trees from sidequests that're only available at deep, deep region affinity levels. And if you only just got Seven you're nowhere near the ending. Halfway or 2/3'rds mark, maybe.

Actually, you can unlock one skill tree for each character relatively early, you only need really high region affinity for the fifth skill tree for each character, and they're all plot locked anyway.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 18, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The extra skill trees in Xenoblade are totally worth it because they give really cool skills.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Crossposting from the Wii U thread; we don't exactly have a general Nintendo thread, so I'll just post here:

Got the first issue of Year 3 of Nintendo Force in the mail today. Issue #14 has an "Old vs. New" theme, with a look back at the Mario Party franchise and a look forward at new IPs like Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Splatoon in particular. I never realized that for its first 7 installments, Mario Party was an annual series, and there was only a 2 year gap between 7 and 8.

Sadly, the drawbacks of a physical publication are apparent, there's a small sidebar feature on the upcoming (as of time of writing) release of Mewtwo for Smash 4, with an expressed disappointment that no other DLC was announced. And there was a small speculative piece about what the next franchise to use amiibo would be...with no mention of Splatoon or Woolly World, since the issue went to print before the Direct.

On the whole though, NF is still a worthy successor to Nintendo Power and as long as they keep focusing on retrospectives, reviews and interviews rather than trying to have the latest and greatest information, it'll remain worth the cover price.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Variable_H posted:

Found this on reddit, figured it might help with all the system transfer questions: Interactive Transfer Guide.

Nintendo has a thing like this on their own website. If you click on the thing near the top for transferring to a New 3DS XL, it asks you a few questions about how you're transferring data- what kind of SD card you're using, etc. and it customizes the step-by-step guide for what answers you gave. I used it to System Transfer from my old XL to a new and the instructions were word-for-word exact.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Housh posted:

How come the white bunny isn't offering me any bundles? Do I have to go ahead and agree to buy one

Maybe you figured it out already, but yes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

jivjov posted:

Crossposting from the Wii U thread; we don't exactly have a general Nintendo thread, so I'll just post here:

Got the first issue of Year 3 of Nintendo Force in the mail today. Issue #14 has an "Old vs. New" theme, with a look back at the Mario Party franchise and a look forward at new IPs like Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Splatoon in particular. I never realized that for its first 7 installments, Mario Party was an annual series, and there was only a 2 year gap between 7 and 8.

Sadly, the drawbacks of a physical publication are apparent, there's a small sidebar feature on the upcoming (as of time of writing) release of Mewtwo for Smash 4, with an expressed disappointment that no other DLC was announced. And there was a small speculative piece about what the next franchise to use amiibo would be...with no mention of Splatoon or Woolly World, since the issue went to print before the Direct.

On the whole though, NF is still a worthy successor to Nintendo Power and as long as they keep focusing on retrospectives, reviews and interviews rather than trying to have the latest and greatest information, it'll remain worth the cover price.

I really enjoyed the Mario Party features and caught up with the Giant Bomb videos afterwards.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just made it to Phoenix Wright2 : circus caper. I'm in for pain now?

Also, Pearls is awesome. Just adorable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

It's just kind of a weak mystery and a boring case. Blast through it and get to the great stuff beyond.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
When the clown testifies, use a walkthrough. Because gently caress that scene.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. It's definitely the low point of the original trilogy, but I think its biggest problem is being sandwiched between two much better cases. The one following it is one of the best in the series, in fact, so love it or hate it, it's worth getting through 2-3.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Nah, it's honestly not that bad. I was warned about that case ahead of time and I didn't think it was nearly as bad as everyone was saying. Just remember, when they threaten to penalize you for Pressing, they mean it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
As long as the series in general is really good, something can be "The worst part of series X" and still be good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The only thing that bugged me was when that clown would laugh. It seemed to go on foreverrrrrrrrrr......... The series is still good and that case isn't as bad as everyone says though :)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One thing I'm really enjoying about Xenoblade is how loving ominous Dickson's grown. First I was loosing my poo poo when he's joining my party and I think he's awesome. Now he's showing up in robot town like "yeah I've been here a lot before" and acting seedy and I'm just sitting here waiting for the twist that he's evil or something.

Sidequest question Doing Colony 9 quests and got up to 3 stars, only quest I have left to do is get two female party members to like each other which I can handle with enough time- but there was one with a captain who wanted a sword or shield. Got the sword first and actually lost respect... am I going to be able to continue? I don't think this one quest is going to be enough to get me to 4*...

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 19, 2015

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Wamdoodle posted:

The only thing that bugged me was when that clown would laugh. It seemed to go on foreverrrrrrrrrr......... The series is still good and that case isn't as bad as everyone says though :)

Not as long as the astronauts sigh in Dual Destinies. That got annoying real quick. Speaking of DD, I don't know if anyone else would agree, but I felt like that was the easiest Phoenix Wright game out of the bunch.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

BisterdDave posted:

Not as long as the astronauts sigh in Dual Destinies. That got annoying real quick. Speaking of DD, I don't know if anyone else would agree, but I felt like that was the easiest Phoenix Wright game out of the bunch.

I think that's kind of the general consensus. It eliminates a lot of downtime and streamlines stuff, but it's a bit more guided and there's less room to explore during investigations. Being more linear is both good and bad for the series in different ways depending on what you want from it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Also the answers are given to you.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

One thing I'm really enjoying about Xenoblade is how loving ominous Dickson's grown. First I was loosing my poo poo when he's joining my party and I think he's awesome. Now he's showing up in robot town like "yeah I've been here a lot before" and acting seedy and I'm just sitting here waiting for the twist that he's evil or something.

Sidequest question Doing Colony 9 quests and got up to 3 stars, only quest I have left to do is get two female party members to like each other which I can handle with enough time- but there was one with a captain who wanted a sword or shield. Got the sword first and actually lost respect... am I going to be able to continue? I don't think this one quest is going to be enough to get me to 4*...

I'm pretty sure that once you actually resolve that questline, you'll have a net positive increase in affinity. The game doesn't screw you over like that.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you can't find enough quests in an area to get to the next affinity level, go around talking to all the NPCs. Something you did in a quest may have affected a person's relationship with someone else, but you don't get the update to the affinity chart and the boost to your area affinity until you talk to that other person and hear their response to whatever happened. Don't forget to do this during the day and the night, since different NPCs will be around.

edit: just the named NPCs, you don't have to talk to all the generic ones.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 19, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think that's kind of the general consensus. It eliminates a lot of downtime and streamlines stuff, but it's a bit more guided and there's less room to explore during investigations. Being more linear is both good and bad for the series in different ways depending on what you want from it.

The only thing I didn't like about DD was that they didn't include the ability to examine your evidence as 3D objects like in Apollo Justice and the fifth case of Ace Attorney. I would've thought that'd be a given with fancy 3D effects.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

tithin posted:

Has anyone used this guide before to setup their streetpass relay? I can't seem to get it to work.

http://wololo.net/2014/07/17/3ds-meet-players-on-streetpass-without-buying-any-hardware-by-psgravity/

Little late, but:

I've got it working with a Sanoxy wireless repeater, but the tutorial I found showed it working in AP mode, which I cannot duplicate. I can have it work in wireless repeater mode, but that absolutely murders my bandwidth no matter which one I connect to.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

Also the answers are given to you.
Did you hear that? She said "I was at THE PARK" does that seem right to you?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You should have enough quests available to you at that point in the game to give you somewhere between 4 and 5 stars of affinity with colony 9 if you do them all.

There were links posted over the last few pages to a mobile phone app that lists all quests available to you by certain plot milestones. Download that.

Some quests won't be active until you've met all npcs that will be involved with that quest. After using the app to find out what quests you've still to do, use the wiki to determine who/when you need to speak to, and what you need to do to finish it.

It's all fairly straightforward once you get into the groove of things.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

Saagonsa posted:

What lovely hotels are you staying in

The nicest hotel in Bangalore. :blush:

Infrastructure in India leaves something to be desired. Even using my phone as a hot spot isn't much better.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Walmart doing a sale for the New Nintendo 3DS XL and one game from the below list for $209: http://slickdeals.net/f/7808077-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-with-choice-of-game-209-00-with-fs-at-walmart

Games include:
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Super Smash Brothers
Codename: S.T.E.A.M.
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Spongebob HeroPants
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley
Fossil Fighters: Frontier

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kin posted:

It's all fairly straightforward once you get into the groove of things.

Aside from the fact that you need to consulate at least two different online sources to find out who you need to talk to when and why.

As much as I like the game it could still use some polishing with it's quest tracking system. Simply noting where everybody is would have been huge. Making the minimap able to pick up the blue dots for important NPCs and quest givers from, like, twice as far as it does currently would also help a lot. Oh oh, and maybe having people who have new things to say have a star over their head, so you don't need to mindlessly talk to everyone in town to find that one guy who'll establish a new link.

Frankly, the way it's designed right now is a very take it or leave it approach. Either players talk to everybody as often as possible to make sure their affinity is as high as possible, or players ignore it unless they see a new quest right in front of them. That's kinda how I played, and it's pretty cool when you're just walking through town, notice a "!" somewhere, and suddenly the next half hour is doing stuff completely unrelated to what you were actually there for, makes it feel more, I dunno, natural I guess?

Point I was trying to make is that sidequests are not the least bit necessary to enjoying the game, but they are fun asides from playing the main game.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?
I live in America and have a New 3DS. If I travel to Europe, will I be able to access the American eShop from there, or will I be locked out until I'm back home? Like does it check my IP?

It's not really a big deal either way, I'm just wondering.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Vanellope posted:

I live in America and have a New 3DS. If I travel to Europe, will I be able to access the American eShop from there, or will I be locked out until I'm back home? Like does it check my IP?

It's not really a big deal either way, I'm just wondering.

Yeah you can access the American eshop from anywhere. I was recently in China and had no problems accessing the American shop.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

shaitan posted:

Yeah you can access the American eshop from anywhere. I was recently in China and had no problems accessing the American shop.

Okay cool, I just wasn't sure if it checked my IP or something like that. Thanks!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks for that guys, went and collected respect or whatever it's called and sitting at 4* now.

I will admit the quests themselves aren't all that exciting but there's something really satisfying about filling that spiderweb of a affinity map out. Always laugh when I see one guy surrounded by HATE. That guys goin places!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well at least I don't feel so bad about having a 2DS, 3DS XL and a nu3DS

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I find it hilariously ominous that all the quests in the High Entia place, Alcamoth or whatever are timed.

I'm kinda bum rushing them because of it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Was debating getting the Street Pass VIP thing, then realized I have put 100+ hours into the Street Pass app, so why the hell not.

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I find it hilariously ominous that all the quests in the High Entia place, Alcamoth or whatever are timed.

I'm kinda bum rushing them because of it.

Ho ho ho.

Did they even tell you about expiring stuff in the original? Because, Christ, that would have helped, but I don't remember.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Typhoon Jim posted:

Ho ho ho.

Did they even tell you about expiring stuff in the original? Because, Christ, that would have helped, but I don't remember.

Yeah, not when they expire but all quests that will eventually expire have a little clock icon next to them.

I don't think the 3DS remake changed anything except for fixing the auto-attack damage bug.

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo

Zore posted:

Yeah, not when they expire but all quests that will eventually expire have a little clock icon next to them.

I don't think the 3DS remake changed anything except for fixing the auto-attack damage bug.

I really shouldn't have looked at that quest app: I realized that what felt to me like going round and getting all the quests was in fact doing a C+ job at best. Holy cow, that's why I didn't do this the first time.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Was debating getting the Street Pass VIP thing, then realized I have put 100+ hours into the Street Pass app, so why the hell not.

The way I figure it, I ultimately paid $2 for the VIP thing. That made it an easy decision.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna pick up a new 3ds and a game for like 180 from best buy with a coupon and price match and I'm wondering what the best option for getting a charger would be since the drat thing doesn't come with one. Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Skip My Posts posted:

Gonna pick up a new 3ds and a game for like 180 from best buy with a coupon and price match and I'm wondering what the best option for getting a charger would be since the drat thing doesn't come with one. Any advice?

Just spend the $15 on the official charger.