Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
How did they get out of that chicken-poo poo outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bendigeidfran posted:

There's some, at least!

It bears repeating that much of this is from FFG's Only War RPG, which has really good art direction in general and deserves praise for how it's generally good about gender and diversity among its catholic space nazi stormtroopers.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Oh snap, are these guys Byzant Janizars? Never seen artwork of them! (The Byzant Janizars and the Merican Fusiliers are the two IG regiments from Earth)

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Think the second is just tallarn, the first looks like it may well be a byzant janizar.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Green Intern posted:

That guy second from the left is incredible.

It's a good image, but I can help from being nitpicky over their body armor. Completely leaves their abdomen open. Like, 'Oh hai! Lungs and heart are protected, have a crippling gut wound!' kind of open.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Tasoth posted:

It's a good image, but I can help from being nitpicky over their body armor. Completely leaves their abdomen open. Like, 'Oh hai! Lungs and heart are protected, have a crippling gut wound!' kind of open.

It's Imperial Guard. They're supposed to die.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Tasoth posted:

It works because everything IG fights is larger than they are, so they only have to worry about projectiles coming down at an angle.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I'm running a Star Wars game and I need dark Jedi and force wizards and poo poo.

In exchange I offer some tips to improve your lightsaber fighting techniques:

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
3- Torture at will.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
strange that the dark side has more non lethal moves

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
If you kill them, you can't 3-torture at will.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Gotta get them dark side points guys. If you don't torture them you don't get the dark side points.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

If you kill them, you can't 3-torture at will.

Hot Modrons 3-torture at will

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

If you can use the Force to shove an attacking Jedi around at will, why do you even need to bring a lightsaber? Just Force-push their lightsaber into their head and ask why they're hitting themselves. This science fiction art does not have enough verisimilitude for me, no sir.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

If you can use the Force to shove an attacking Jedi around at will, why do you even need to bring a lightsaber? Just Force-push their lightsaber into their head and ask why they're hitting themselves. This science fiction art does not have enough verisimilitude for me, no sir.
Perhaps the issue is that it's like the Jedi Mind Trick, and only works when the target is weak-willed or distracted?

I dunno. :shrug:

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Poison Mushroom posted:

Perhaps the issue is that it's like the Jedi Mind Trick, and only works when the target is weak-willed or distracted?

I dunno. :shrug:

EU nerd stuff explains it as some sort of innate resistance, at least on a force user's part. And telekinetics as far as was seen in the movies (and shows?) always seemed a little clunky and imprecise without time to concentrate.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I'm running a Star Wars game and I need dark Jedi and force wizards and poo poo.

Not that it matters for image purposes, but which system?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

This is explained in one of the Star Wars Zombie Outbreak novels! It takes place at a Sith training academy and explains that all the fancy leaping and twirling poo poo you see during a lightsaber duel is pure muscle memory, and the actual battle consists of beating the everloving piss out of your opponent using force pushes and poo poo. It was the one bit of actually interesting lore from that entire lovely novel.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

Peas and Rice posted:

Not that it matters for image purposes, but which system?

Force and Destiny. Let's go gimmick dice!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Just so everyone knows, this is the cover art for No Country for Old Kobolds. I didn't follow the kickstarter at all so I don't know if it lives up to the promise of the cover but that's a real promising cover.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh that's even cooler, I just recognized it as a neat take off on the old ad&d players manual.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

PublicOpinion posted:

Just so everyone knows, this is the cover art for No Country for Old Kobolds. I didn't follow the kickstarter at all so I don't know if it lives up to the promise of the cover but that's a real promising cover.

It's available for preorder!

And apparently the developer put his phone number on his site.

That seems like a really bad idea.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Edminster posted:

This is explained in one of the Star Wars Zombie Outbreak novels! It takes place at a Sith training academy and explains that all the fancy leaping and twirling poo poo you see during a lightsaber duel is pure muscle memory, and the actual battle consists of beating the everloving piss out of your opponent using force pushes and poo poo. It was the one bit of actually interesting lore from that entire lovely novel.

Sounds like the sort of thing that is directly contradictory to any of a dozen other equally inter-contradictory sources. All of which are of 'dubious' cannon status.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
It doesn't make any sense with regards to non-Force users, such as General Grievous. Unless you're going to tell me that his armor was ~Force shielded~ or some poo poo.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ScaMort
Oct 20, 2004
You can keep on sucking till the blood won't flow.

Peas and Rice posted:

It's available for preorder!

And apparently the developer put his phone number on his site.

That seems like a really bad idea.

I got his number! I got it! (I got it!)

8 6 7 - 5 3 0 9 (8 6 7 - 5 3 0 9)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

ScaMort posted:

I got his number! I got it! (I got it!)

8 6 7 - 5 3 0 9 (8 6 7 - 5 3 0 9)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo

Ahahaha goddamn it, I totally missed that.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

-by Robb Mommaertz

-by Alex Konstad

-by L'Encre Blanche

-by disse86

-by Raven Wu

-by Michal Matchak

-by Sylvain Sarrailh

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
I'm interested in lines, networks, or sigils of magical force superimposed over the real world.

Like this, but what it's superimposed over would be more mundane than a magical warrior.

Or, in general, hidden realities beneath or above our own.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Bendigeidfran posted:

-by Robb Mommaertz

I forgot Battlepug was a thing.

Now I'm all happy I remembered it :3:

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

HEY GAL posted:

I'm interested in lines, networks, or sigils of magical force superimposed over the real world.

I didn't have much luck finding anything other than images of characters, but here's what I have to provide.

If they look magic-y enough for you, you might want to look at long exposure photographs like the one of the building above, which I found on the website of photographer Jakob Wagner. There might be a few images you can use from the artwork for a card game called Serpent's Tongue, if you don't mind the style. And there could be some optical illusion graffiti that fits your needs, depending of what kind of hidden realities you're aiming for.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

HEY GAL posted:

Like this, but what it's superimposed over would be more mundane than a magical warrior.

It might be worth your while to look for the artwork of Alex Grey.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

rex monday posted:

It might be worth your while to look for the artwork of Alex Grey.

I have this poster on the wall of my apartment.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
How about some realistic Eurasian characters from anywhere between 800-1400 AD? Saxons, Holy Roman Empire, Byzantium, Crusades, Mongols, etc. Something along these lines:

]

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm looking for stuff that would look great in Inverse World! Airships, floating islands, hollow earth type poo poo.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I won't post his robot work, mostly because I'm not sure how I feel about it. Check it out with a set of fresh eyes.

http://www.simonstalenhag.se/

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

While I'm at it, I will post the art of Jakub Rozalski, who has a similar feel

He's currently doing all the art on a board game called Scythe set in an alternate history 1920's Europa. It's the 'mech stuff that he's probably most well known for. I didnt post a ton of that stuff either, but here's a taste.

It's due for a Kickstart this fall, so keep your eyes open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Scythe looks dope as hell and it's by the guys behind Viticulture and Between Two Cities, so you can pretty much guarantee the KS will be well-run, and the game sounds pretty good.

I'll probably be backing it.