Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

As long as we get this I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Holy poo poo. I haven't played 2014 for a long, long time and I come back and the customs world is just so developed now. It's crazy! There's everything! I downloaded about 50 songs and it's the tip of the iceberg of what I want to get. There's lots of things I wouldn't have expected to see, like The Odyssey by Symphony X, which I haven't been able to even finish yet.

Colonel J fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 11, 2015

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Fingers crossed for Emerald

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Thin Lizzy Song Pack – $7.99

Thin Lizzy “The Boys Are Back in Town” – Eb Standard
Thin Lizzy “Dancing In The Moonlight (It’s Caught Me in It’s Spotlight)”
Thin Lizzy “Jailbreak” – Eb Standard

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

toymach1ne posted:

Thin Lizzy Song Pack – $7.99

Thin Lizzy “The Boys Are Back in Town” – Eb Standard
Thin Lizzy “Dancing In The Moonlight (It’s Caught Me in It’s Spotlight)”
Thin Lizzy “Jailbreak” – Eb Standard

Awesome, Dancing in the Moonlight's bass is simple but pretty fun.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
This is almost as egregious as no Diamond Eyes in the Shinedown pack. :smith:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dewgy posted:

Anyone have experience doing DIY repairs on the Rocksmith cable? It's from the original Rocksmith so no chance of warranty, and I like a challenge.

I think the TRS end is starting to crap out on me but I'm wondering if snipping the end and using a solderless connector would be enough to fix it.

Update on this: The GFS solderless cables do not work... solderlessly anyway. Easy enough to solder it in place and ground to the shield of the cable with a bit of fiddling and sounds perfect, but if anyone was curious just go for normal plugs. I guess they do something funky with the cabling they sell for these plugs to make it work outright, that or the Rocksmith cable is a really tiny wire internally.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Given the lag is equivalent to what I got using a 3.5/3.5 m/m audio cable once, compared to my Mustang amp via mini usb, yeah they probably just used a thin wire

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Update on this: The GFS solderless cables do not work... solderlessly anyway. Easy enough to solder it in place and ground to the shield of the cable with a bit of fiddling and sounds perfect, but if anyone was curious just go for normal plugs. I guess they do something funky with the cabling they sell for these plugs to make it work outright, that or the Rocksmith cable is a really tiny wire internally.

Solder on an inline socket, and then you can plug a normal guitar cable into the rocksmith cable.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
So next week is an Alt-Rock 5 Pack

Yellowcard "Ocean Avenue"
???
???
???
???

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Does this game have anything for docile oldsters who want to play something a little more laid back than heavy metal devil music? I own the game, but I haven't bought an electric because I either don't like most of the music I've seen or don't even r cognizant the band names.

Old goon is old and out of touch.

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

High Lord Elbow posted:

Does this game have anything for docile oldsters who want to play something a little more laid back than heavy metal devil music? I own the game, but I haven't bought an electric because I either don't like most of the music I've seen or don't even r cognizant the band names.

Hendrix

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

High Lord Elbow posted:

There's a ton of music in the base game(s) from the 60s to now - I never pay attention to which is which, but if you don't have the original game and the import thing then that's worth it if it's for cheap. I guess it depends if stuff like Boston or the Stones are too metal for ya

There's a lot of laid back stuff in there anyway, but if you don't like it then it's just down to taste. Browse the old DLC list or get some custom DLC and see if anything gets you going

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

High Lord Elbow posted:

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/music/

A LOT of music that is not metal or even post 80s rock. Things like Surf pack, Hendrix, etc. There is also CDLC, which features some oldies as well.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

unlawfulsoup posted:

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/music/

A LOT of music that is not metal or even post 80s rock. Things like Surf pack, Hendrix, etc. There is also CDLC, which features some oldies as well.

Don't forget the funk!

On a contrarian note though Asylum by Disturbed is genuinely one of the most fun bass parts in the game. Even if you don't like metal that much, it's great on bass.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Has this song been in 2014 this whole time? I just played it the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHrRPLHRgDA

Its fun and pretty easy

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I love that song but I hate tuning down to D Standard to play it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Has this song been in 2014 this whole time? I just played it the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHrRPLHRgDA

Its fun and pretty easy

Yep. Also, that video is ridiculous, but the one for Wires is better.

http://youtu.be/WQPfQvLIseA

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Fina posted:

I love that song but I hate tuning down to D Standard to play it.

Hate it enough to spend $50 on a pedal?

http://www.amazon.com/BEHRINGER-ULT...r+pitch+shifter

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Any idea how much, if any, noticeable extra latency that would add?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
There were a lot of shifted customs in the original RS and I'd like to add that another consideration is that the sound of your guitar unamplified will be different and you really need to drown the difference out or it's extremely disorienting.

Some guitars like Les Pauls are super loving loud acoustically and headphones are the only cure.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Poetic Justice posted:

Any idea how much, if any, noticeable extra latency that would add?

I'm not sure about that one, I have a digitech drop and there's zero latency- however it's a bit more pricey.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I play using something like:

guitar/bass > that behringer shifter > bass amp (rumble 75) > rocksmith cable (out of the amp line out) > macbook

And after adjusting I see no issues, but I'm not a real musician so grain of salt and all that.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Alright thanks for the info guys. It's kind of hard to go wrong for only 50$ :)

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Think some people in here will be happy this week

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Feel the Pain is like the least interesting Dinosaur Jr song :smith:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck yeah

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Please be a five-pack. Please be a five-pack. Please be a five-pack.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Schpyder posted:

Please be a five-pack. Please be a five-pack. Please be a five-pack.

It is, just not of Dinosaur Jr songs

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

drat. :saddowns:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I don't know how they could do a Dinosaur Jr. song that isn't Pick Me Up. That goddamn solo begs to be in Rocksmith. I like the idea of this pack though so I can't wait to see the whole list.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone forgets about early Dinosaur Jr and it FRUSTRATES ME. All I want is Start Choppin :(

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Alternative Rock Song Pack – $11.99

Dinosaur Jr. “Feel The Pain” – Capo Required [Lead/Rhythm]
Fuel “Hemorrhage (In My Hands)” – Eb Standard
Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” – Eb Standard [Bass]
Stone Sour “Through Glass” – Eb Standard
Yellowcard “Ocean Avenue” – Drop D

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

toymach1ne posted:

Dinosaur Jr. “Feel The Pain” – Capo Required [Lead/Rhythm]

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the official songbook doesn't use a capo for this song.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

rt4 posted:

Interesting. I'm pretty sure the official songbook doesn't use a capo for this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZZ10Io2tk

J uses a capo

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I could get more behind this pack but Eb ugh.

Ugh.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

unlawfulsoup posted:

I could get more behind this pack but Eb ugh.

Ugh.

You obviously do not have enough guitars

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

TheChaosPath posted:

You obviously do not have enough guitars

Too many. :(

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

No Tele, 2/10

Adbot