Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

bonewitch posted:

Does MM actually bother matching you if you're unranked? I keep getting matched against like Gold Novas/Master Guardians despite a) being new and b) being really bad.
You still have a rank, it's just hidden (and way more volatile) until you get 10 wins. From what I hear it seeds you in GN2-3 and wins/losses have a huge impact in your first several games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Elysiume posted:

You still have a rank, it's just hidden (and way more volatile) until you get 10 wins. From what I hear it seeds you in GN2-3 and wins/losses have a huge impact in your first several games.

Thats probably it. I looked and apparently I played a couple MM games back in 2012 that were very onesided. :shrug:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Now that I think about it, how does it handle queueing with friends if you're unranked? Can a brand new account duo queue with a silver 1, an MGE, a global elite?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Now that I think about it, how does it handle queueing with friends if you're unranked? Can a brand new account duo queue with a silver 1, an MGE, a global elite?

Only in a five-man reliably.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
lmao, just went from SE to SEM to GN1 back to back, with the last one being off of a really funny match with a dude who was convinced i was walling. to be fair, for my clan tag i do run "organner-pl" but thats just to make people even more mad and boy did it work. this was prob the highlight of the match for me:
http://gfycat.com/BarrenMediumAmericanmarten

that guy was so angry from that point on :allears:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Some people get so mad when you spray a common place to stand through smoke.

Ron
Apr 22, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

SE to SEM to GN1

p90 - exactly what i expected

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ron posted:

p90 - exactly what i expected

i've basically been using 4 guns the last week and a half: tec9, mac10, scout and the Akumos Approved® P90

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
ESEA
@ESEA
The North American teams didn't win a single map at #ESEALAN against a European team.

Duncan Shields
@Thooorin
For the first time in CS:GO history, an ESEA LAN will finish without an NA team in the top three. These are dark days.

tee hee

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
any americans who have any clue what 'teamwork' is usually play an actual sport. i think this is why bad at counter strike please do not cloud my bullshit opinions with facts

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I took like a two month break from CSGO and forgot all of the sprays so I made this. I just keep it open on my other screen so if anyone else wants a spray cheatsheet:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

bonewitch posted:

Does MM actually bother matching you if you're unranked? I keep getting matched against like Gold Novas/Master Guardians despite a) being new and b) being really bad.

It'll settle down once you got your rank. When my main placed a couple of months ago, I ended up in nova after having my rear end beat by mgs consistently- but I finally placed my smurf yesterday, and it scored an mg3 after having had most of the opposition at that level, same as on my main.

if you suffer through enough defeats you'll eventually find some beatable people. Anecdotally, the ranking system seems pretty good at placing you where you belong in the end. Buddy of mine recently ranked a smurf, and he also ended up at exactly his current (mg3) rank too.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Suran37 posted:

How powerful is source mod? Someone jokingly suggested a Chicken Racing plugin, which sounds entertaining and I'm always up for coding silly things.

Sourcemod is poo poo and coding in sourcepawn sucks if you have ever written actual code, but it is still pretty powerful and you can probably write an SM plugin for that.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

i've basically been using 4 guns the last week and a half: tec9, mac10, scout and the Akumos Approved® P90

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

bonewitch posted:

I played an embarrassing amount of 1.6 but my lovely comp couldn't handle CSGO well, well last month I bought a brand new one and warmed up for a few weeks in casual and tried mm. Got screamed at called a hacker just from being unranked and not bad.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Holy moly I just played a game with two supreme masters that were worse than me P90ing, this game really is trash.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
HiKolinho still such a beast. So glad to see him in a good team in CSGO.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

ESEA posted:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Time to post the relevant counter strike movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v13ULdhp9JM

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

This hit me right in the nostalgia sack.

EDIT: walk with me slumps

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 19, 2015

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

AWPing just isn't as fun for me recently, so my way of adjusting to the new meta is turning this:

into these:

hopefully the third doesn't keep me from P90 deaging too much.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

sleppy posted:

hopefully the third doesn't keep me from P90 deaging too much.

Third has been proven poo poo by quality CSGO posters in this thread. Way to waste money on it.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

No don't

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

New Chroma cases are dropping the same Chroma Knives though correct? Nothing new or none of the old ones?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kwilty posted:

New Chroma cases are dropping the same Chroma Knives though correct? Nothing new or none of the old ones?

No new knives

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Olofmeister is so sick

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Finally ranked up to GN1.

loving finally.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Went GN1-GN2 in 2 wins. Why does everyone think ranking up so is hard

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so i broke from dmg into eagle 1 today after 2 wins and a tie
huh

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Fateo McMurray posted:

Went GN1-GN2 in 2 wins. Why does everyone think ranking up so is hard

It's ranking up to the next tier that people generally have issues with, myself included. The skill gap between a lovely DMG (me) and a good LE is pretty clear, so getting over that next hurdle will be tough. Ranking up within your pre-existing tier is relatively easy, as well as demanding, too.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If everyone is ranking up its not special anymore!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
was hoping to keep the streak going but we landed into cobblestone vs a premade.
I almost managed to pull off an ace with a bizon and usp-s vs a full buy, but the last guy had a Scar 20

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Rank volatility seems to have changed? Playing with mates and I've never seen so many rank ups left right and centre. Somebody in our 5 seems to rank up every game.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
It definitely feels like something has changed significantly regarding ranking.

Whatever, maybe that means I'll get to be the shittiest eagle in the world!

J
Jun 10, 2001

Jeza posted:

Rank volatility seems to have changed? Playing with mates and I've never seen so many rank ups left right and centre. Somebody in our 5 seems to rank up every game.

Seems that way. I don't know if that huge banwave just left giant gaps in the ranks that are getting filled up or what. I consider myself a lovely DMG but I've been seeing a whole lot of lovely eagles in my games that I can't believe are eagle whereas previously that just about never happened.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
It's almost as if removing a load of high ranked players from the system would... cause people to rank up :confused:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

J posted:

Seems that way. I don't know if that huge banwave just left giant gaps in the ranks that are getting filled up or what.

Probably this. With the ranks all thinned out, the system is probably trying to compensate, especially since the top ranks were filled with people that got nuked.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
anyone want a steam game or two for paypal? prob gonna market my valuable skins because i dont want to trade for keys

e: or maybe if anyone remembers the item broker SA mart goon, post his profile?

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 19, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

J posted:

Seems that way. I don't know if that huge banwave just left giant gaps in the ranks that are getting filled up or what. I consider myself a lovely DMG but I've been seeing a whole lot of lovely eagles in my games that I can't believe are eagle whereas previously that just about never happened.

i played against an eagle today that was absolutely terrible so i imagine the banwave really got things in a weird state

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

anyone want a steam game or two for paypal? prob gonna market my valuable skins because i dont want to trade for keys

e: or maybe if anyone remembers the item broker SA mart goon, post his profile?

CaptainInvictus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Doesn't it retroactively take out matches of elo rating where there was a cheater? I remember someone saying that and why it was stupid for dummies to get their rank inflated by cheaters. Paying for rank is all kind s of retarded but I remember someone saying it was doubly so because of that.

• Locked thread