Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Brock Samson posted:

How crazy is the fact that when Jonathan's parents kick it, he is almost certainly going to be a MILLIONAIRE? The guy who cant keep his cell bill paid, who spends merch money on drugs.

If the show lasts that long, we are in for a real treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Brock Samson posted:

How crazy is the fact that when Jonathan's parents kick it, he is almost certainly going to be a MILLIONAIRE? The guy who cant keep his cell bill paid, who spends merch money on drugs.

I think about that too. If he gets that big windfall, either he'll totally get his poo poo together or everything will go to hell

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm a little behind, what episode is the DIY dental surgery covered on?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm a little behind, what episode is the DIY dental surgery covered on?

Do NOT listen to it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Or, listen to it while eating vanilla pudding.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

Or, listen to it while eating vanilla pudding.

:barf:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

CortezFantastic posted:

If the show lasts that long
UYD will never die :argh:

and yeah I was actually straight up eating when I first listened to that dental surgery ep. gross Jah, gross.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I am heading to Denver for the show with a UYD virgin. 9 hour road trip, leaving on Thursday morning. What would be the best 10 episode stretch to get my friend immersed?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Maybe listen to one of the This Year Collection collabs?

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I thought about that, but those seem to focus more on a few issues each. I want him to listen to the progression of our boys

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Jonathan's stories are so dark.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

something clever posted:

I am heading to Denver for the show with a UYD virgin. 9 hour road trip, leaving on Thursday morning. What would be the best 10 episode stretch to get my friend immersed?

237 is one of my all-time fav's. Jah ain't mad at Leo anymore, 30% of American families say they consider pets part of their family but not gay relatives, crazy DA trying to mentally strong-arm abuse victims into being his girlfriend, Jah's friends with the insane cocaine/suicide Thanksgiving at the firing range story, crazy things people with diplomatic immunity have gotten away with, etc.

If you're looking for a solid ten episode stretch, a lot of people like the 120's (when HBO had the crew there filming them), which I'm actually in the midst of listening to now. I think I remember the first few of the 20's being really on-point too.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Bug out beans.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

something clever posted:

shadow puppet of a posted:

I think its been said already in here but #101-110 is the best stretch of shows. It just ended on Jah's anecdote of him crying his eyes out at 16 handcuffed in the back of a cop car because the arresting officer wont let him blow on his harmonica.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My personal favorite ep I'd throw out is the one with the Godbama gag, I remember there were a couple great moments that ep.
I CAN'T EVEN gently caress BECAUSE OF OBAMA :argh:
Also babiators and Seth's great Line For Line idea, Seth talking about cocaine is always great. Looks like that's episode...275.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I'm actually at 107 in my re listen. The 120 stretch was great. Thank you all for the input. We will be in Denver from Thursday to Sunday, if anyone going to the show wants to grab a drink or something beforehand.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
5 - 25 is another good stretch, especially episode 15. The early ones have some really good stuff.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Who's Mommin' Harder, To Catch a Predator, This Week In Florida/Walmart, Real or Fake, and JAHnathans poetry. Doesn't get much better than that.

e: Also the story of Seth being in that restaurant he never says a word at.

Get Innocuous! fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 19, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

something clever posted:

I thought about that, but those seem to focus more on a few issues each. I want him to listen to the progression of our boys

390-405 was an amazing stretch of episodes while still being fairly recent and closer to what the show resembles today.

Episode 400 rules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK0XzQKgyzE

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I remember the 70s being pretty good if for no reason than the beginnings of Craigshouse.

Also don't forget to call Seth to wish him a happy sober-anniversary tomorrow :toot:

E: Also I've been going through the UYD backlog for God knows how long, and I hit 322 which is the first ep I ever heard, which means I have now listened to every episode of UYD :toot: :toot:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 19, 2015

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I mean yeah, you can't bring someone to an UYD show without making sure they've heard the glory that is "her hunting and tracking skills were superb"

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

something clever posted:

I love this show, but after 9 uninterrupted hours, I'd be pretty loving sick of them. Perhaps just some highlight clips ripped from YouTube, and one or two episodes at most?

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

WoG posted:

I love this show, but after 9 uninterrupted hours, I'd be pretty loving sick of them. Perhaps just some highlight clips ripped from YouTube, and one or two episodes at most?

My wife and I do an 11 hour drive to Austin every year and we power through 8 or 9 in a row. Jah does start to wear on you on hour 7 or so. It's part of the charm of the trip. "Jesus, how many times is he going to smoke in this show"

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Can someone post the rat killing on youtube?

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Ep 139 is good

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Oh god I wanted to see Seth's face so bad during the rat killing story. Oh my god Jonathan.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
I just finished Going Clear the sciti docu, and uhm... :catstare: I guess I learned some things. I hope Seth is safe from them on his crusade against the church. :ohdear:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Nooo

uhhyeahdudemirror.comeze.com/uhhyeahdude.rss

is down?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That rat story in the latest episode was some poo poo. I was pretty much echoing Seth the entire time.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Jippa posted:

Nooo

uhhyeahdudemirror.comeze.com/uhhyeahdude.rss

is down?

Yeah it's probably the janky free webhost I'm using.

If anybody has a better, more permanent webhost they want to host it on, I can send the RSS feed over.

Grave Deadline
Nov 23, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLiwBj258No
Jonathan's dad

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Here's some primo Papa Jah

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Behold the first time I saw Dad of Jon

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
UYD: I wish that I could understand everything this dog is saying.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

your life is literal dog poo poo if your dad didn't force you to watch Night Court with him as a child.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

O__O posted:

your life is literal dog poo poo if your dad didn't force you to watch Night Court with him as a child.

I used to watch it and Newsradio back to back on A&E as a kid whenever school was out.

Grave Deadline
Nov 23, 2010

O__O posted:

My dad never watched TV Land.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Grave Deadline posted:

My dad never watched TV Land.

Night Court was off the air before TV Land was even broadcasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Buncha olds posting itt