Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superscumbag
Oct 25, 2012

blugu64 posted:

Didn't you take out a 6 year loan or something on the one you have?

If you get an interest rate low enough it is basically free money. All because you can dump a ton of money into a car and pay cash doesn't mean you should. If you can afford a Camry right now, would you pay cash for it or take the loan at <2% and keep the 30k or whatever in investments that net far more than the 2% loss?

I own a car that is fun to do burnouts in, but I don't do burnouts. I can afford many tires I just don't enjoy spending money on new tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I'd pay in cash because you're forgetting to price in the risk that your investments go tits up, and now you have no savings and a financed car.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

blugu64 posted:

I'd pay in cash because you're forgetting to price in the risk that your investments go tits up, and now you have no savings and a financed car.

And taking out an extended-term loan on a car that's already a dozen years old is a huge gamble. Either way, do whatever you want, but don't talk up your supercar and then say that you can't do a burnout because you can't afford a clutch.

Either way, this is a post your own ride, so here's my poor mobile in front of one of my dad's poormobiles (with no bank interest in either one).

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

meatpimp posted:

And taking out an extended-term loan on a car that's already a dozen years old is a huge gamble. Either way, do whatever you want, but don't talk up your supercar and then say that you can't do a burnout because you can't afford a clutch.

Either way, this is a post your own ride, so here's my poor mobile in front of one of my dad's poormobiles (with no bank interest in either one).

A 5 year loan at 2% interest is a no brainer. I can afford a clutch, but why would I potentially throw away $10,000 to do something stupid as a burnout in an AWD car with giant tires?

Anyways, I assume you're refusing my challenge because you know you're talking out of your rear end as always. Keep on trollin'!

meatpimp posted:

That's all we were looking for, dude... just a nice burnout shot, not ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨MY BANK ACCOUNT¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

Yeah what kind of rear end in a top hat brought my bank account into it?

meatpimp posted:

Guys, look, I'll be paying for this car for the rest of my life. I'm praying that nothing big or important breaks, so I can't really drive it. Here are some more pictures.

Oh, this kind of rear end in a top hat.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 19, 2015

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The lmaoborghini murcielolgo thread.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

e. nevermind this is simultaneously the funniest and stupidest argument ever

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Comrade Flynn posted:

Anyways, I assume you're refusing my challenge because you know you're talking out of your rear end as always. Keep on trollin'!

no he's refusing your challenge because your challenge is lame and also because youre refusing the burnout challenge which is awesome

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the fridge posted:

no he's refusing your challenge because your challenge is lame and also because youre refusing the burnout challenge which is awesome

Why won't this rear end in a top hat potentially waste ten thousand of his own dollars plus however much time it takes for the repair without his cool car just to make some internet nerds happy?????

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Why won't this rear end in a top hat potentially waste ten thousand of his own dollars plus however much time it takes for the repair without his cool car just to make some internet nerds happy?????

I was gonna show you nerds how I can do a pushup, but my arms might break in half and unless you want to give me 100k for the hospital bills, I won't do any god damned pushups.

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004
I had a dream that this was a photos thread, so here's a photo from a set I just took 20 minutes ago as a reminder of what my car looked like before I had the windows tinted. Also a good test of my new circular polarizing lens which is really helpful for car shots.

POKEMAN SAM fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 19, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Eat the rich because they won't eat their own tires.

e: Your picture has some really messed up color.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bape Culture posted:

The lmaoborghini murcielolgo thread.

A5h births a new term. How am I taking Comrade Flynn's wrath on this when it was your burnout challenge that he's running from in the first place?

Comrade Flynn posted:

A 5 year loan at 2% interest is a no brainer. I can afford a clutch, but why would I potentially throw away $10,000 to do something stupid as a burnout in an AWD car with giant tires?

Yeah what kind of rear end in a top hat brought my bank account into it?

You did, literally, when you threw down your "challenge" to prove you could ask a bank to buy another one.

EDIT: Wait, are you saying your bank account has nothing to do with purchasing a car, because you rely on the bank to do the financing? :laugh:

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 19, 2015

POKEMAN SAM
Jul 8, 2004

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Eat the rich because they won't eat their own tires.

e: Your picture has some really messed up color.

Yeah, one sec.

Edit: I think I fixed it, had uploaded it on my laptop with an insanely lovely screen.

POKEMAN SAM fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 19, 2015

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

You guys are seriously being a bunch of dicks. If only blowdog could come in here to sort out what's what. Oh I forgot he stopped posting, I wonder why that is.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Holy poo poo guys a clutch is ten thousand dollars for that car. Whether he can afford it or not its loving stupid to throw money away for a stupid burnout. Shut the gently caress up and post what kind of car you drive in this stupid thread. Ill post one of my stupid rides later to make up for my stupid rant later when Im not stupid phoneposting.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ITT: post your AWD cars not doing drivetrain destroying burnouts

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yes.

Here's my wife and I picking it up:

How tall are you?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Fart Pipe posted:

Holy poo poo guys a clutch is ten thousand dollars for that car. Whether he can afford it or not its loving stupid to throw money away for a stupid burnout. Shut the gently caress up and post what kind of car you drive in this stupid thread. Ill post one of my stupid rides later to make up for my stupid rant later when Im not stupid phoneposting.

I don't give a poo poo, but he was loving BRAGGING about it here in this very thread:

Comrade Flynn posted:

I do AWD burnouts at will.

Apparently, he has no will.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

ITT: post your AWD cars not doing drivetrain destroying burnouts

DO A BURNOUT YOU PRICK.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I went to an M meet today and a man took a photo, here is that photo.

I had a little blast with a 500hp supercharged e46 and a standard e90 and they were all more identically matched than I expected.

I will put some new tyres on it this week as a result and I'll post the proof if someone donates £100 to charity. Thank u.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Rhyno posted:

DO A BURNOUT YOU PRICK.

gently caress YOU I DO WHAT I WANT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWvmU9f6Cn4

:smugdog:

YOUR MOVE, SHITLORD

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao nice :mrgw:

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Love the sound Scoobies make, so distinctive

Lol just noticed the plates

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

How many popped collars were there.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Fart Pipe posted:

This, 100%. You're asking someone to potentially eat a 5 figure bill just to please some dipshits on the Internet. To reiterate, if he blows his clutch trying to show off to win imaginary Internet kudos, he will likely have to foot a bill larger than what half of the peanut gallery's cars are worth.

It's a goddamn V12 lambo, we know it can roast the tires all day erry day, and anyone asking him to risk damaging the poo poo out of the drivetrain just to prove a fact we all already know is just being a shitlord. He's not some 18 year old with babbys first Civic, I wouldn't expect him to treat his car like he was. If it was some hilarious cobbled together junkyard beater, sure, thrash the fucker like you stole it, but don't ask a man to thrash the poo poo out of his nice car and risk a big repair bill just to get some e-peen, that's retarded. And don't act like you wouldn't be just as protective of your baby if you owned something that expensive.

You don't gently caress with another man's car, and that includes trying to peer pressure him into doing spectacularly irresponsible things with/to it. If he wants to of his own volition, that's fine, but anyone trying to goad him into it is just being an rear end in a top hat.

My car looks so nice when freshly washed and waxed, for the 30 minutes it takes for it to get covered in dust again:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

My car in it's natural habitat from yesterday morning.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bape Culture posted:

I had a little blast with a 500hp supercharged e46 and a standard e90 and they were all more identically matched than I expected.

I will put some new tyres on it this week as a result and I'll post the proof if someone donates £100 to charity. Thank u.

i love that boot lid

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

^ Thank you op.

HotCanadianChick posted:

This, 100%. You're asking someone to potentially eat a 5 figure bill just to please some dipshits on the Internet. To reiterate, if he blows his clutch trying to show off to win imaginary Internet kudos, he will likely have to foot a bill larger than what half of the peanut gallery's cars are worth.

It's a goddamn V12 lambo, we know it can roast the tires all day erry day, and anyone asking him to risk damaging the poo poo out of the drivetrain just to prove a fact we all already know is just being a shitlord. He's not some 18 year old with babbys first Civic, I wouldn't expect him to treat his car like he was. If it was some hilarious cobbled together junkyard beater, sure, thrash the fucker like you stole it, but don't ask a man to thrash the poo poo out of his nice car and risk a big repair bill just to get some e-peen, that's retarded. And don't act like you wouldn't be just as protective of your baby if you owned something that expensive.

You don't gently caress with another man's car, and that includes trying to peer pressure him into doing spectacularly irresponsible things with/to it. If he wants to of his own volition, that's fine, but anyone trying to goad him into it is just being an rear end in a top hat.

My car looks so nice when freshly washed and waxed, for the 30 minutes it takes for it to get covered in dust again:

Get a grip. I have a buddy who's just put a deposit on a 918 and I'll grab a photo of it doing stupid poo poo.
That's the point of a supercar/hypercar. Otherwise it's just a bit like looking through a dead mans wallet.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

NitroSpazzz posted:

Oh my.

Did a little snooping btw, that E28 looks beautiful

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Bape Culture posted:

That's the point of a supercar/hypercar. Otherwise it's just a bit like looking through a dead mans wallet.

Or maybe he'd rather use that $10k to pay for track day fees and extra slicks? There's far better uses for $10k than being an e-chav.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

HotCanadianChick posted:

Or maybe he'd rather use that $10k to pay for track day fees and extra slicks? There's far better uses for $10k than being an e-chav.

Haha yeah I'm sure he's fitting slicks to a standard Lamborghini that he cares about wear on hahaha.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbKFH3js7f4

Cya shitlords later~

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm glad this idea has

Gained some traction! Hahahaha.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
BTW whos giving me 10k for a new clutch?

Thats 630mm of burnout right there. I guess I kind of cheated by starting on dirt and stones but there aren't many out of the way spots to do a good burnout here.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Post your non trillion dollar clutches nerds.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

NitroSpazzz posted:

See? Now Nitro knows how to have too much money, and it's not buying a lambo.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Post your non trillion dollar clutches nerds.

:shepspends:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

corn in the fridge posted:

This thread is ridiculous. I will have to come visit you next year when I go do my UK driving tour/vacation.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Insanely Sikh posted:

Oh my.
Did a little snooping btw, that E28 looks beautiful
I'll be doing a family photoshoot once the E28 is detailed.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

See? Now Nitro knows how to have too much money, and it's not buying a lambo.
Old cars best cars. Because even my clutch isn't $10k but my engine is :cry: - engine is fine, radiator failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

meatpimp posted:

A5h births a new term. How am I taking Comrade Flynn's wrath on this when it was your burnout challenge that he's running from in the first place?

You did, literally, when you threw down your "challenge" to prove you could ask a bank to buy another one.

EDIT: Wait, are you saying your bank account has nothing to do with purchasing a car, because you rely on the bank to do the financing? :laugh:

That makes no sense. I have enough cash to buy another one, on hand, right now. I'm not bragging; I'm refuting what you've falsely accused me of because you're talking out of your rear end about what I have out of spite or jealousy or whatever. I offered to prove you wrong in a fun way and you're just backtracking as usual.

And it will spin the tires at will rolling in first or second gear when you floor it with TCS off. Wouldn't make for an impressive picture though.

African AIDS cum posted:

How tall are you?

5'11". I used to be 6' until I lost an inch after a very nasty workout injury.

HotCanadianChick posted:

I've signed up for a track day next month! I'm still debating if I want to take the wife's 335is though as it would probably be a lot more fun to toss around corners.

Content:

Convinced a buddy to trade in his Aston for a very, very nicely modded Gallardo Superleggerra from Cat Sex Otics. It's running a muffler delete or something because it's god drat stupid loud.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 20, 2015