Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
This guy has taken flipping of RSD releases to the next level:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/233278595

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mt. Modular
May 18, 2006

All I wanted was the Of Montreal live album, got to the store when it opened and...waited in line for three hours and got a sunburn. It probably wasn't worth it, but after the first hour I figured I might as well stick it out.

I regret not picking up Mcluskyism, but I have the three-CD box set from a few years ago so its not a complete loss.

I kept saying that I won't do this next year, but I know next year I'll be saying the same thing.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Doctor Cave posted:

I don't know how he expects to send the car and motorcycle via Media Mail, let alone a cello.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Anime Sandwich posted:

did anybody get the red house painters boxset

nope :( my record store got like 6 copies of that and mcluskyism that i wanted, but both were sold out because i forgot it was RSD yesterday. they still had a ton of copies of almost all the soundtrack things though!

here's my unrelated pick-ups the last month

i paid an amazing 50 cents for that huge 8 disc, great condition country box set!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Doctor Cave posted:

The amount of this stuff that was purchased by flippers feels like a slap in the face.

I don't want to support them at all, but at the same time I want that loving polaris.

Even not actually getting any exclusives I had a fun day running around to stores. Snagged some stuff including a test pressing of a busta rhymes album for 99 cents, and ended the day with a free set by they might be giants.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Davincie posted:

nope :( my record store got like 6 copies of that and mcluskyism that i wanted, but both were sold out because i forgot it was RSD yesterday. they still had a ton of copies of almost all the soundtrack things though!

here's my unrelated pick-ups the last month

i paid an amazing 50 cents for that huge 8 disc, great condition country box set!

drat. Lots of places I know could only get their hands on one of those RHP boxsets. Good finds also. :cheers: I need a copy of Sittin Pretty.

This is what ive found in the past however many months or so

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

SeXReX posted:

The amount of this stuff that was purchased by flippers feels like a slap in the face.

I don't want to support them at all, but at the same time I want that loving polaris.

Here you go: http://www.mezzotint.com/store.html#polaris

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I now feel like a dumb rear end for not having checked if I could buy it from the label

but at least Im not as much of a dumb rear end as the people buying it on ebay.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
One RSD item I didn't get was that Amanaz - Africa, they had copies when I popped in yesterday but it was $50. I might poke around online to see if there are any reasonably priced copies that go up online when they list leftover RSD stock.
I just assumed the RHP boxset was unattainable but looking forward the Rollercoaster reissue whenever that comes out.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Anywhere selling overstock online today? That's how I got all my stuff last year. Only interested in the Pete & Pete album and the WWF stuff.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Blast Fantasto posted:

Anywhere selling overstock online today? That's how I got all my stuff last year. Only interested in the Pete & Pete album and the WWF stuff.

https://www.melodysupreme.com

was able to order the Oneohtrix Point Never EP from there earlier

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

Modern Vinyl is constantly updating their list of stores posting RSD Leftovers online at the bottom of this page: http://modern-vinyl.com/2015/04/16/rsd-2015-the-deals/

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Saw the J Dilla RSD thing today for 35 bucks. I really hope that wasn't the normal price cause geez, what a waste of money.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Jet Black Cat Music, I walked past there on the way to my car and people were sitting down out the front.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Cloks posted:

Saw the J Dilla RSD thing today for 35 bucks. I really hope that wasn't the normal price cause geez, what a waste of money.

I think it was 30, which I also felt was too high and why I didn't buy it.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Pizza Club posted:

I don't know if this is cool to post here but I got Get Behind Me Satan and if anyone is willing to trade it for a Songs of Innocence RSD edition, that'd be cool.

Email me if you are still interested

bliggers at gmail

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Lined up to get Ryan Adams and walked out with a bunch of over priced vinyl I didn't really want, another successful RSD.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff

Dogen posted:

I think it was 30, which I also felt was too high and why I didn't buy it.

It was 24 at my local shop. Far more than I'd ever usually pay for a single but god drat it looks nice! I really love that track but I might just frame it and call it a day.

I went out to line up two hours early and the only thing I really wanted that I missed was Run the Jewels. I had to make a separate stop to find Polaris but it sounds like that ones easy to get online anyway.

Freeze_Dried_Chives
Jul 22, 2007

I will not go down the hole again good sir.
Ended up going back out last night to a store I didn't hit up to grab a few more things I didn't see at the first places I went. Like a usual trip, ended up getting a bunch of stuff on a whim as well.

RSD releases I got were The Replacements EP and When I Reach That Heavenly Shore box set. They are both amazing, and some of my favorite things I own now. So, trip success!

Also picked up Midnight Cowboy soundtrack, Kim Carnes - Romance Dance, Weather Report - Night Passage, Bobby Womack - The Poet

Hermans Hermits - Blaze and a Marlene Dietrich box set.

Overall, a good day.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Does anyone happen to know where I could get the Pizza Underground EP?

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
Out of curiosity did anyone pick up the Tegan and Sara record? I'm not really a fan but that was recorded at the record store I used to work at.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Brinner posted:

Lined up to get Ryan Adams and walked out with a bunch of over priced vinyl I didn't really want, another successful RSD.

Went to grab a RSD release at a store in Virginia Beach. Decided to grab a mint Breakfast in America and a Warren Devon repress in addition . Shame because they had a hell of a lot more releases than we got in DC. Wish I liked more hip hop since they had that in spades.

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003

SeXReX posted:

Even not actually getting any exclusives I had a fun day running around to stores. Snagged some stuff including a test pressing of a busta rhymes album for 99 cents, and ended the day with a free set by they might be giants.

I didn't see anyone respond to this but Polaris has taken to selling copies of it's album via it's website at http://mezzotint.com/store.html#polaris

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Unbootable posted:

I didn't see anyone respond to this but Polaris has taken to selling copies of it's album via it's website at http://mezzotint.com/store.html#polaris

Yeah someone hooked me up with the link.

Realized I left out that I grabbed a new copy of danger mouse's grey album, might have to frame that.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

I, Butthole posted:

Jet Black Cat Music, I walked past there on the way to my car and people were sitting down out the front.

i've been in that store once, doesn't appeal to me much. egg records across the road is my favourite store in brisbane though

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Does anyone happen to know where I could get the Pizza Underground EP?

Bull Moose had it in stock when they listed their leftovers online at noon. Their site, predictably, got hammered but you might luck out:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/18207298

Edit: Looks like it's sold out now.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 20, 2015

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

interpunct posted:

Bull Moose had it in stock when they listed their leftovers online at noon. Their site, predictably, got hammered but you might luck out:

Thank you for pointing me that way. I didn't think they would have anything left in stock, but I was able to grab JTE - Live at Grimey's and St. Paul & the Broken Bones - Live from Alabama Theatre!

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
Since getting into vinyl a couple of months ago my mom has been fairly interested in them as well. My local record store is having a big sale today and I was thinking about getting my mom a couple records and one of the crosley RSD players for Mother's Day. My question, is a crosley okay for occasional use on mass produced albums or, as one person put it, is it like dragging your albums behind a bicycle?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Ended up going back out last night to a store I didn't hit up to grab a few more things I didn't see at the first places I went. Like a usual trip, ended up getting a bunch of stuff on a whim as well.

RSD releases I got were The Replacements EP and When I Reach That Heavenly Shore box set. They are both amazing, and some of my favorite things I own now. So, trip success!

Also picked up Midnight Cowboy soundtrack, Kim Carnes - Romance Dance, Weather Report - Night Passage, Bobby Womack - The Poet

Hermans Hermits - Blaze and a Marlene Dietrich box set.

Overall, a good day.

See, this is me right here. I get more satisfaction out of buying an old forgotten record with some good tracks on it than some thousand print exclusive of obscure music to impress strangers.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

interpunct posted:

Thanks for this, they still had some of the Wu-Tang single in stock. None of the Jurassic 5 box-set, but I found one on Discogs for not too much over the original price :\

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

No Egrets posted:

Since getting into vinyl a couple of months ago my mom has been fairly interested in them as well. My local record store is having a big sale today and I was thinking about getting my mom a couple records and one of the crosley RSD players for Mother's Day. My question, is a crosley okay for occasional use on mass produced albums or, as one person put it, is it like dragging your albums behind a bicycle?

Crosley probably won't do anything significant with a few plays, but overall, they are terrible. I had one as a gift, abs due to the weird platter size, it would make albums sounds like they were warped on the outer tracks. Get a cheap Sony or AudioTechnica before you even think about buying a Crosley.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Cemetry Gator posted:

Crosley probably won't do anything significant with a few plays, but overall, they are terrible. I had one as a gift, abs due to the weird platter size, it would make albums sounds like they were warped on the outer tracks. Get a cheap Sony or AudioTechnica before you even think about buying a Crosley.

At my record store, we sell a lot of Music Hall USB-1's to people who are in your (and similar) situations. It has a pre-amp built in, so as long as your mom has some speakers that are self-powered she can save the cost of a pre-amp or full receiver. The MSRP is $250 but when you factor in the built-in pre-amp and that it won't gently caress up your records, it's a much better option than any Crosley.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

There's no reason to pay hundreds for a Crosley when you can get a really nice used tt on Craigslist from the 80s for $20-30.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.
Thanks for all of the advice, I'm going to pass on the crosley. A friend of mine just offered me an ion usb turntable for $20, would this be at all good for actually listening to records or just converting them?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

No Egrets posted:

Thanks for all of the advice, I'm going to pass on the crosley. A friend of mine just offered me an ion usb turntable for $20, would this be at all good for actually listening to records or just converting them?

You're going to In-n-out instead of Mc Donald's now. Could you do better at a similar price point? Probably. Could you find something much higher end? Definitely.

Still is a pretty good deal and will probably be fine for your mom. Assuming it's one of the models with a counterweight it won't wreck her records either.

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 21, 2015

The Gallows
Aug 10, 2007

Yip-yip-yip-yip... Uh-huh.

Schremp Howard posted:

All I wanted was the reissue of Deja Entendu. Between four stores nearby, only one got any and only got three, and three people were there to buy it starting at 9 PM for an 8 AM opening.

RSD is dumb and Brand New is a stupid band and I hate all of this.

Came in here to cry and moan about this. I can't believe it is gone again and I will never have it.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Goat - Commune. Was in Olympia this weekend, stopped by the Sub Pop store in Seatac as I had a little extra time before my return flight. Been looking for a little psych to add to my collection, so I picked this up.

Front/back.

Sleeve.

Labels.

Ufomammut - Ecate. Then this was waiting for me when I got home. Plopped down a little extra for the special edition a ways back, then there was a week or so delay when it was supposed to be released, but I am pleased with the final product.

The whole thing has this red wrap-around thing, and the cover art was done with these nice metallic inks. Looks great. The jacket isn't the usual stiff cardboard, but a heavy paper.

Inside, there is an art book, with each song having a piece of art associate with it.

The sleeve the disc sits in is attached to the jacket. When you remove the record, this fella is hiding out beneath it.

Clear vinyl.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

The Gallows posted:

Came in here to cry and moan about this. I can't believe it is gone again and I will never have it.

pretty sure it was an rsd first release guys.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Detective Thompson posted:

Goat - Commune. Was in Olympia this weekend, stopped by the Sub Pop store in Seatac as I had a little extra time before my return flight. Been looking for a little psych to add to my collection, so I picked this up.

How's the album? I love their first one, reminded me a lot of Selda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Haven't had a chance to listen to it all yet, just the first few songs. I'll report back when I get an actual chance to hang out and give it a listen.