Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Casu Marzu posted:

Unless you work in a hazardous area or whatever, dress codes are kinda dumb.

I work in a basement of a company that is contracted out to to Federal government. The campus is secured via badge, the parking garage is secured by badge, the building is secured by badge, and the department is secured by badge. The only people I see are the 4 people that sit near me, my manager, and the random people in the lunch cafeteria. The contract doesn't stipulate any sort of dress code, but upper management requires business wear with ties 4 days a week and business casual on Fridays. So dumb.

I work in the same level of place, but for us it's jeans, cowboy boots/hats, and t-shirts. Sometimes I wear a button up shirt or something, and we wear Carhartts when it's cold. It's always funny when you tie guys show up for a visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Hey dudes, me and my wife started doing this YouTube channel thing, Maybe you'll all get a laugh or two, I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASdA0fsgUvM

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Hey dudes, me and my wife started doing this YouTube channel thing, Maybe you'll all get a laugh or two, I dunno.

Not bad. Funny but you guys are kinda wooden. Relax and have fun and ignore the camera.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

This is really fuckin painful, man.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

This is really fuckin painful, man.

Still better than my first youtube. Offer some suggestions.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Get better lighting, your cuts are awkward, work on your back and forths, and come up with jokes that aren't ancient unfunny mainstays.

Maybe smoke some weed before filming.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

Get better lighting, your cuts are awkward, work on your back and forths, and come up with jokes that aren't ancient unfunny mainstays.

You sound like an rear end in a top hat you know that right? They aren't pros they are just looking to do something fun it looks like.

I could be wrong and if I am sorry.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Casu Marzu posted:

This, but definitely smoke some weed before filming

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Senior Funkenstien posted:

You sound like an rear end in a top hat you know that right? They aren't pros they are just looking to do something fun it looks like.

I could be wrong and if I am sorry.

Those are like 4 things incredibly amateur people can do in 15 minutes to make things look almost professional. Adjusting your lighting so your face isn't washed out, making the back and forth cuts smoother, running through the skit 4 or 5 times to make it sound more natural, and the "you really suck at cooking, even though you keep trying" joke was old when my grandma was young.

Also, if both of them were hella high, it would be pretty entertaining.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

Those are like 4 things incredibly amateur people can do in 15 minutes to make things look almost professional. Adjusting your lighting so your face isn't washed out, making the back and forth cuts smoother, running through the skit 4 or 5 times to make it sound more natural, and the "you really suck at cooking, even though you keep trying" joke was old when my grandma was young.

Also, if both of them were hella high, it would be pretty entertaining.

That's a good point. Why didn't you say that to begin with? I agree like I said they were wooden and needed to relax and ignore the camera.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

That's a good point. Why didn't you say that to begin with? I agree like I said they were wooden and needed to relax and ignore the camera.

Cuz at this point I've put more effort in than they have.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Seems like a trend here. Don't try or your gonna get poo poo on for not trying hard enough.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Seems like a trend here. Don't try or your gonna get poo poo on for not trying hard enough.

Well yeah. Put effort in or don't bother.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

GWS.txt

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

Well yeah. Put effort in or don't bother.

But they did try. They put the effort in to making the video. Are you expecting lens flares and cgi?

Edit: I'm not trying to be an rear end or anything I'm just asking. If I need to shut up let me know and I will.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm not expecting anything from him, to be fair.

I feel like setting up a whole youtube channel and such would mean a bit more thought put into the skit. This seems like something I'd see as a 6 second vine.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Are you expecting lens flares and cgi?

Well I am, but I'm not a cheap date.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Well I am, but I'm not a cheap date.

I'll give ya all the lens flare you can take sweetheart

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

I'm not expecting anything from him, to be fair.

I feel like setting up a whole youtube channel and such would mean a bit more thought put into the skit. This seems like something I'd see as a 6 second vine.

Not really. My youtube has one single video I posted on AI and it's poo poo. Take all of two seconds to post a video to youtube if your signed in.

Edit: Heres my one video after I fixed a car and started it for the first time. Tell me whats wrong with it....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrOb94nw5MI

Senior Funkenstien fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 20, 2015

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Not really. My youtube has one single video I posted on AI and it's poo poo. Take all of two seconds to post a video to youtube if your signed in.

Edit: Heres my one video after I fixed a car and started it for the first time. Tell me whats wrong with it....

Well it sounds like the timing belt is off...

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Eeyo posted:

Well it sounds like the timing belt is off...

Timing was off by about 10 degrees

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm not talking about the literal amount of effort to click the upload button. I'm talking about him having a branded channel with a cover photo and multiple skits that are all painfully wooden and dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMmo9BO4sbgS49FzVmoC7A/videos

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Casu Marzu posted:

I'm not talking about the literal amount of effort to click the upload button. I'm talking about him having a branded channel with a cover photo and multiple skits that are all painfully wooden and dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMmo9BO4sbgS49FzVmoC7A/videos

Casu what does it matter? What does this have to do with this forum? He didn't post a channel he posted a single video and it was a joke about food.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

You're the one dragging this out. I was fine just saying it sucked.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
I'll shut up then.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Casu Marzu posted:

You're the one dragging this out. I was fine just saying it sucked.

Maybe it did. We're just doing this for fun. Figured it may be funny, but w/e. Here's a pic of some sexy lonza I'm serving at work. Come buy my charcuterie board.

Chef De Cuisinart fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 20, 2015

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Tables are shattering brother!

Edit: That pork looks good!

Senior Funkenstien fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 20, 2015

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Maybe it did. We're just doing this for fun. Figured it may be funny, but w/e. Here's a pic of some sexy lonza I'm serving at work. Come buy my charcuterie board.

Keep it up I say, dont let nobody tell ya it's not worth doing.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

to my naked eye it seems like you recorded in 60fps but it's playing back at 59.94. it's got characteristic 60fps smoothness but the regular stutter screams pulldown

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Does anyone have any recs for recipes that show off lovage (leaves, not roots) well? Or, for that matter, has anyone had a preparation of agretti/okahijiki that's pretty good?

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
The classic Loveage dish is Loveage Soup. Sophie Grigson made a blue cheese dip with loveage so there's that. It goes very well with smoked fish, salmon or trout, and the leaves sprinkled over a salad are drat fine things.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Echeveria posted:

*shrug* you probably get paid a hell of a lot more than I do, and I run around all day stabbing people and vacuuming their blood out.

I bet you enjoy your work more than he does. It's those little intangibles like stabbing people that really make it all worthwhile.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Infuse some in brandy.

RedTonic posted:

Does anyone have any recs for recipes that show off lovage (leaves, not roots) well? Or, for that matter, has anyone had a preparation of agretti/okahijiki that's pretty good?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

bloody ghost titty posted:

Infuse some in brandy.

The lovage, saltwort, or both?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Loveage, for sure. Classic, if underrepresented expression. Saltwort I've never had but steeping things in vodka is a fun way of playing with flavors.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I like to make a lovage pesto.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Bloody Mary with Loveage is awesome.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

CzarChasm posted:

I bet you enjoy your work more than he does. It's those little intangibles like stabbing people that really make it all worthwhile.

I like using my hands, this is true. I could use a bit more pay though.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Saddest part of Italy Trip so far: Getting spaghetti carbonara and having it come with scrambled eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Did...did you eat the eggs?