Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Smiley4
Jul 4, 2007
Send him to Detroit!

Met posted:

I pick them up from here. Is there more that don't make it to that site?

I'm not sure if this has been posted before (I'm new to this thread), but this one is pretty infuriating:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I dont recall reading this thread since after the last elections...though maybe I did. Anyway, Muir has never been easy to understand but now it's practically impossible to parse. His sentence fragments are even less connected than they used to be and I feel like most of the puns he's making are his own in-jokes with himself. What must Muir be like when he's trying to communicate with others in the real world?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

jidohanbaiki posted:

What must Muir be like when he's trying to communicate with others in the real world?

He doesn't

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

I'm not sure if this has been posted before (I'm new to this thread), but this one is pretty infuriating:

Why? It was probably drawn for an editorial about people in normal society who become drawn into joining violent jihadi groups.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

He can be surprisingly coherent when talking to people on his facebook (Well at least he used to until he was banned from FB for posting too many comics with full frontal nudity without tagging NWS) and comments section. It's only when he tries to be funny (The entire comic) that he ends up tearing the English language a new one.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

When he's just talking to people, Muir more or less comes off as a regular guy. The problem is that when he writes he fancies himself a wordsmith and trips all over hinself trying to sound witty and sophisticated.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

jidohanbaiki posted:

What must Muir be like when he's trying to communicate with others in the real world?

"One large, extra bacon, extra," he hesitates for a bit, "uh... extra sausage. It's Chris. Yup. The usual address."

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Yes, whatever could a Senator be doing meeting with Union reps, and whatever could a Secretary of State be doing meeting with the Chinese, Iranians, and Saudis? This smells mighty fishy to me!

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Mr.Smiley4 posted:

Oh no, the Green Ranger has joined Daesh. :(

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

While I think Jeannette Rankin was pretty awesome, I'm somewhat disappointed that her name was misspelled.

Terex
Jan 2, 2013

JaggerMcDagger posted:

The Dry Bones Academy

Help us launch the Dry Bones Academy of Cartoon Advocacy and Activism!
Never Again!
To see our YouTube preview click on
https://youtu.be/1-pltUp_ks8
Labels: Academy, cartoon wars, Cartoons, Holocaust, holocaust denial, Iran, Israel, Jews, Judaism, Shoah

The perspective on the t.v. is Rall-esque.

What is she wearing? Is that part of a rubber rain suit? Why?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, is someone burning down shops now, or is it just a figure of speech? I don't see any * this time.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Met posted:

Go on? :munch:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rty-member.html

Met posted:

Go on? :munch:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tory economic policy – Conservative party leaders play by Thatcher’s rules when it comes to its relationship with City bankers"

Telegraph:

Election 2015 Pollwatch: No breakthrough yet

Independent:

Times:

Cameron on foxhunting, fishing and countryside sports

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I'll post one week of vintage Mallard every day here, just so we can compare to present-day strip, and because we need more older stuff.

Here's one thing that never changed: teacher bashing.

Mallard Fillmore: Year One (June 27-July 2, 1994)

You know, if my spouse named our child after Rush Limbaugh, I'd leave them, too.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 20, 2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Mr. Quat became Mr. Lee?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Has drunky ducky ever talked about how No Child Left Behind trashed our schooling systems or does he just keep saying it's all the teachers' faults?

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

So where's the one where Mallard purchases Rush from his dad? Post that one.

In which Tinsley sneaks the word "cum" into the newspaper funnies.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

D.N. Nation posted:

Look at the professionalism on display!

Techniques? Developed?

That is literally "We must secure an existence for our people and a future for Israeli cartoonists."

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Mister Beeg posted:

I'll post one week of vintage Mallard every day here, until my demands are met.

:ohdear:

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Wrong thread

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

He gave his son a name that went against the wishes of the child's mother? How does that even happen?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

I love that expression on Hillalice's face. Can't wait for the follow up of Walker getting stuffed into a teapot.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

is that cat sucking that horse's dick?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Grapplejack posted:

I think it's more drinking the horse's milk.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jedit posted:

That is literally "We must secure an existence for our people and a future for Israeli cartoonists."

Because the beauty of the Dry Bones cartoon must not perish from the earth.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Cloud Potato posted:

I think it's more drinking the horse's milk.

The Lloyds bank horse is a stallion :mrgw:

Zombiejack
Jan 16, 2006
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.

I'm assuming our friend isnt married?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

As a result of this, or what?

As a result of being relatively attractive and away at a convention for a weekend. It's a pretty cliche cheating story that the spirit of loathsomeness, Chuck Johnson, broadcast to the world in yet another lame attempt at muckraking.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

We're shipping people who come to Australia looking for asylum from Nauru to Camboidia also people are escaping NSW in droves

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

Grapplejack posted:

The quiet dignity of Speldngd Isoltion

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

So we all agree that slutshaming is okay if the slut is conservative, right?

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

Cheating and having sex are the same thing. Because whenever you have sex, you're cheating

on the Lord.
thanks for reading and God bless.

Mister Beeg posted:

You know, if my spouse named our child after Rush Limbaugh, I'd leave them, too.

Naming your child after Rush Limbaugh is one thing, but naming your child to spite your wife? Yeah, that's not at all fantastically petty.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WitchFetish posted:

It's okay if she's hypocritical about it. She wants to be an icon of American biblical values, supporting the rights of bigots to attack homosexuals and birth control, then she cheats on her spouse.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Let's all respond to WitchFetish's bullshit and have a really intelligent de-rail!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
All this old Mallard is still awful. You want to see a proper daily newspaper comic, you go to someone better.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

What a terrible disingenuous comparison. You can't drink without alcohol or smoke without cigarettes, you can have sex without a condom. It's not like they put the sin tax on only a cigarette's filter or make it so only FDA inspected alcohol is taxed and unregulated alcohol is free to sell without that tax.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

God I hate Tinsley. A more willfully dense fucker there has never been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

LoseHound posted:

naming your child to spite your wife

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of that.

Like, how does one name or rename a child in order to spite one's wife? I'm talking, like, the actual process of doing it. Did he rewrite the birth certificate, or explain to the doctor that they actually wanted the other name? Did he go have it legally changed after the fact, spending probably a hundred dollars? Did he just loudly talk over his wife every time she wanted to use the name she'd chosen until she just gave up and left?

Literally any method would be a massive red flag, friendship-wise, but Mallard just drinks it right up.

• Locked thread