Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

That many people are low down thieves huh

I guess ban everyone that starts live posting in week five.

Well it's not against the forum rules to pirate things or to say you pirated something. If it were, there would probably be only ten people left on the entire forum, as opposed to the 20 we have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rocksicles posted:

AKA Deadpool hates anime nerds.

Trust Deadpool. He knows what he's doing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

thrawn527 posted:

The knowledge of what actually happens in the future of Scotland doesn't really help much, because no one would even believe her if she told them.

Jamie and the other time traveler from farther info the future believe her just fine.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

less laughter posted:

Jamie and the other time traveler from farther info the future believe her just fine.

Well sure, but we only just now got to that, and I don't see Jamie knowing that will change much. Maybe she can convince him to not join up with the Jacobites.

My wife has read the books, and said that time travel stuff "comes up" again. But I was mainly referring to what has aired so far.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I wasn't even planning on watching the GoT's ahead of time, because for some reason I just didn't "feel" like it, plus, you can't actually talk about it to anyone and have to keep it to yourself, and then wait a month for a new one anyways.

Then one night I had nothing to watch, so..
I imagine this basic thing happened to a lot of other people, in some variation.

Plus, I think the general craziness revolving around the show died down a lot in between the last season and now. Lot's of BIG DEAL moments are already done, and we're heading into the books that aren't as good. But that's just my opinion.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I didn't watch the GoT leaks because seeing half the season then waiting a month seemed way more annoying than just watching an episode a week.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I didn't watch them because they weren't good enough quality. 420p? No thanks.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

I didn't watch the GoT leaks because seeing half the season then waiting a month seemed way more annoying than just watching an episode a week.

This was the tactic I ended up taking. After watching the first episode of the season, I chose to wait it out. It is a minor pet peeve for me when any shows I watch go on hiatus for more than a week or two, so I'd rather not inflict that upon myself.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's so odd how multiple people feel the need to explain/justify *not* watching something, I suspect mostly to convince themselves? (because not a single other person on Earth actually cares)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoggPickle posted:

Plus, I think the general craziness revolving around the show died down a lot in between the last season and now. Lot's of BIG DEAL moments are already done, and we're heading into the books that aren't as good. But that's just my opinion.

Given sales numbers and ratings, a significant majority of the TV audience hasn't read the books so that's probably not as big a factor as you would think.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

less laughter posted:

It's so odd how multiple people feel the need to explain/justify *not* watching something, I suspect mostly to convince themselves? (because not a single other person on Earth actually cares)

Actually what's odd are people who make posts like yours which presume

You know what, I'm not even gonna finish this post. *FART*

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I just don't like the series or the books. :shrug:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
As was clearly pointed out (thank you!) I was just expressing my ideas about why a show's thread participation happens to be very low. I'm fairly certain that this is the type of thing that a general TV thread is here for us to chat about. I'm sorry some folks feel the need to bitch at random people for weird things and I hope they feel awesome about it.

I'm guessing Aphrodite, that on S.A., the percentage of book readers is probably a lot higher than the general HBO public when it comes to GoT, and that has an effect on the posts.

Has anything British started back up that I missed? I watched Orphan Black.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No, but Penny Dreadful started back up too.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DoggPickle posted:

That isn't really british.

Come to think of it, outside of That Show I don't think there's anything british I'm watching now that Jeremy Clarkson's jackassery got Top Gear killed.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

GreenNight posted:

I actually missed this one. Thanks!

It's not so much British as other seasons, and I miss what's starting up again.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DoggPickle posted:

The new season of HIGNFY started the Saturday before last.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

GreenNight posted:

It starts in May but in classic Showtime tradition they always put their premieres out early. But it's like 2 weeks out or something, so it's just a long wait again anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DoggPickle posted:

Britain's Got Talent is back!

I'm literally the only one who cares :smith:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rarity posted:

Britain's Got Talent is back!

I'm literally the only one who cares :smith:

I think you guys have scraped that moldy rock dry as far as that goes. Just kidding please take Piers Morgan back, please?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Oh Penny Dreadful...:allears: I have missed Emo-stein being broody and Eva Green chewing all the scenery....

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
And the thread eats its own tail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nsDv_lkaLw

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Did anyone watch the StarTalk show on NatGeo? I forgot about it until it was over, and apparently it only comes on once a week.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Deadpool posted:

Stop posting random gifs in this thread.
Would they be okay as youtubes?

Deadpool posted:

In case anyone was wondering where the Adult Swin/Toonami thread was, the mod of the anime forum has requested it be moved there so I let him have it. If there are any non anime shows that were discussed in there you're free to make another thread for them. But any discussions involving the anime shows need to go there.
I disagree with this decision and that you went along with it. I liked having the TV regulars around for a thread about anime that was actually on (not Japanese) TV. The ADTRW crowd has mostly seen those animes when they aired in Japan/streamed on Crunchyroll ages ago.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cardboard Box A posted:

Would they be okay as youtubes?

Without any context? No. Tell people what you're posting when you post it. If you were just posting it in the thread for that series it would be fine, but here you need to actually point out what you're posting and why you're posting it.

Cardboard Box A posted:

I disagree with this decision and that you went along with it. I liked having the TV regulars around for a thread about anime that was actually on (not Japanese) TV. The ADTRW crowd has mostly seen those animes when they aired in Japan/streamed on Crunchyroll ages ago.

Anime Mod wants a monopoly on Anime. I won't stand in his way. I'll gladly hand it over.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Without any context? No. Tell people what you're posting when you post it. If you were just posting it in the thread for that series it would be fine, but here you need to actually point out what you're posting and why you're posting it.

Anime Mod wants a monopoly on Anime. I won't stand in his way. I'll gladly hand it over.

RIP Zorak, burned out from having to police an entire subforum of anime fans who did their absolute best to drive him to alcoholism.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

raditts posted:

Did anyone watch the StarTalk show on NatGeo? I forgot about it until it was over, and apparently it only comes on once a week.

I never thought I'd say this, but Neil DeGrasse Tyson needs to shut up and let someone else talk once in a while. He's so used to being The Guy Who's Talking that he can't seem to let anyone else finish a thought.

e: And nobody called me out directly on it but I'll try to cut back on the posting Youtubes thing. It's a sickness. :(

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started like five different posts trying to be snarky about this but honestly I can't come up with anything better than the truth:

Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix

Goddamn it, Netflix. You were supposed to be the bastion of noteworthy original content (with the occasional revival of a prematurely killed series)! You were supposed to bring balance to television!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's Full House?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

I started like five different posts trying to be snarky about this but honestly I can't come up with anything better than the truth:

Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix

I hope they straight up make this a tween sitcom so we can all safely write it off after an episode like Girl Meets World because boy does it sound bad. They didn't even get the principle cast from the old one like Girl Meets World did. What the hell else is Dave Coulier doing in 2015 anyway?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

What's Full House?

Ravane parachute account!

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, episode 3 of Daredevil was horrible and the first half of episode 4 is too. I had to check online to make sure the show has many directors because based on uneven performances and just wildly inconsistent camera work it seems all over the place. It does, which is pretty standard, but I think this show could benefit from a Show Runner (if it doesn't have one) to make things a bit more consistent.

Episode 2 ends with one of the coolest choreographed fight scenes I think I've ever seen. Even with the hidden cuts that hallway scene was like Quentin Tarantino stylish camera work and action. And then episode 3 happens and everything is static and we are back to world building with a guy doing questionable line delivery as the main bad guy. I didn't read much Daredevil, but is The Kingpin supposed to be a spergin emo dude? I thought he was a laid back tyrant. He's coming off as weird but not intriguingly weird. Just weird as in "why is he talking that way". Ya know, Bane-weird.

I know everyone loves this so I'm going to stick it out, but I was bored to tears halfway through 4 and stopped the show. Matt's partner was massively miscast. The guy's words are written to sound witty, sardonic, and clever, but the actor insists on continuously raising his intonation at the end of his sentences and it makes him sound like he's doing local community theater. And he won't stop. Often he's just standing there waiting to react instead of acting. It's bugging me almost every time he's on screen. :psyduck:

I'm sticking with it though because when Matt Murdoch is doing something on screen it's usually riveting. I just wish Foggy and Kingpin went on a long vacation (with the mom from Breaking Bad and Laurel from Arrow).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

An Ounce of Gold posted:

(with the mom from Breaking Bad and Laurel from Arrow).

Whoa I got bad TVIV poster Bingo!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

IRQ posted:

I hope they straight up make this a tween sitcom so we can all safely write it off after an episode like Girl Meets World because boy does it sound bad. They didn't even get the principle cast from the old one like Girl Meets World did. What the hell else is Dave Coulier doing in 2015 anyway?

on the other hand, it's 2015 and it's Dave Coulier so it's probably no big loss if he's not there

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I just wish Foggy and Kingpin went on a long vacation (with the mom from Breaking Bad and Laurel from Arrow).

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you Irish Joe's original account.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Episode 2 ends with one of the coolest choreographed fight scenes I think I've ever seen. Even with the hidden cuts that hallway scene was like Quentin Tarantino stylish camera work and action.

There are no cuts in the episode 2 fight.

IRQ posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you Irish Joe's original account.

Eh, it's actually not that out there to be annoyed with Karen and Foggy around episode 3/4.

They don't integrate into the plot for another couple of episodes. At that point they're off getting drunk and hanging out with old ladies.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's more that he went out of his way to complain about Skylar.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

on the other hand, it's 2015 and it's Dave Coulier so it's probably no big loss if he's not there

Michael Winslow will just replace Dave Coulier and no one will notice

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Welp, episode 3 of Daredevil was horrible and the first half of episode 4 is too. I had to check online to make sure the show has many directors because based on uneven performances and just wildly inconsistent camera work it seems all over the place. It does, which is pretty standard, but I think this show could benefit from a Show Runner (if it doesn't have one) to make things a bit more consistent.

Episode 2 ends with one of the coolest choreographed fight scenes I think I've ever seen. Even with the hidden cuts that hallway scene was like Quentin Tarantino stylish camera work and action. And then episode 3 happens and everything is static and we are back to world building with a guy doing questionable line delivery as the main bad guy. I didn't read much Daredevil, but is The Kingpin supposed to be a spergin emo dude? I thought he was a laid back tyrant. He's coming off as weird but not intriguingly weird. Just weird as in "why is he talking that way". Ya know, Bane-weird.

I know everyone loves this so I'm going to stick it out, but I was bored to tears halfway through 4 and stopped the show. Matt's partner was massively miscast. The guy's words are written to sound witty, sardonic, and clever, but the actor insists on continuously raising his intonation at the end of his sentences and it makes him sound like he's doing local community theater. And he won't stop. Often he's just standing there waiting to react instead of acting. It's bugging me almost every time he's on screen. :psyduck:

I'm sticking with it though because when Matt Murdoch is doing something on screen it's usually riveting. I just wish Foggy and Kingpin went on a long vacation (with the mom from Breaking Bad and Laurel from Arrow).

Foggy is the best and you're wrong. :colbert:

I can understand someone being iffy on that take of the Kingpin, but the performance is fantastic as is to be expected from an actor the caliber of D'Onofrio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

spanky69 posted:

Michael Winslow will just replace Dave Coulier and no one will notice

can it be Officer Carl Winslow instead?

• Locked thread