Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Gatts posted:

If this thing be dead then I be posting my IDEAL BROWNS FANTASY DRAFT soon.

Post it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Can the Broncos get a punter, Swickles?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Metapod posted:

i am not a fan of all these comp picks

You should root for a team that manages the draft and free agency better, then :smug:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

seiferguy posted:

You should root for a team that manages the draft and free agency better, then :smug:

Being good at free agency is directly tied to getting more comp picks though...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The Big Jesus posted:

Being good at free agency is directly tied to getting more comp picks though...

Uh, that was the point I'm trying to make? Sign FAs that have been cut to avoid giving up comp picks, and then let your draft picks walk if they're too expensive to gain comp picks. Pretty simple formula.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

seiferguy posted:

i don't care about comp picks in real life. i care that they are making it where i can't pick for a longer duration of time

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ok, the real draft is in less than two weeks. I'd really wonder if we could speed it up to get one of these goon drafts legitimately finished. If it doesn't, so be it, but dammit, we gotta try.

As one idea, bump it to 12 hours. If the person designated doesn't pick, the team gets the corresponding pick from this list (random 7 round draft).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25149011/seven-round-2015-nfl-mock-draft-dgb-gurley-goldman-fall-out-of-first

If that person is somehow already drafted, they get the next kicker on the list.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/K

If all the kickers are taken, they get a Key and Peele player or something. Or, if someone else reading this wants to step up for someone who hasn't been drafting, now's the time to make an ownership change.

Seventh round picks are serious business. :colbert:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I think Swickles and Arabian Jesus died in a murder suicide.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I support whatever results in them not getting good draft picks because they clearly don't deserve them

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
gently caress it, it's been two days, picked for the Broncos.

seiferguy, you're up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh cool, thanks Coldforge. I have been rather busy the past couple days and have only been phone posting. UF's punter this year was really good and should be taken next if someone doesn't get their pick in on time.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

swickles posted:

Oh cool, thanks Coldforge. I have been rather busy the past couple days and have only been phone posting. UF's punter this year was really good and should be taken next if someone doesn't get their pick in on time.

draft the kid that ran in the fake field goal against Georgia and turned out to be some walk-on that bags groceries

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am officially declaring for the draft, so myself and Ehud are eligible Florida players to be drafted.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

I am officially declaring for the draft, so myself and Ehud are eligible Florida players to be drafted.

Unfortunately, there are whispers of your possible HGH usage, so you two may fall to the sixth round.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Coldforge posted:

gently caress it, it's been two days, picked for the Broncos.

seiferguy, you're up.

Hey guys this has been the weekend from hell and I'm sorry for slowing this thing down. If I miss another pick just draft punters the rest of the way for me.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Arabian Jesus posted:

Hey guys this has been the weekend from hell and I'm sorry for slowing this thing down. If I miss another pick just draft punters the rest of the way for me.

Nah, we wouldn't do that

For one thing you'll also need a long snapper for that punter

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
By the way, if you PM me when I'm up, I'll be much more ready!

edit: I pm'd korrandark it's his turn.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 19, 2015

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
:siren:Players Drafted:siren:

Quarterback

Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Brett Hundley
Bryce Petty
Garrett Grayson

Runningback

Todd Gurley
Melvin Gordon
Ameer Abdullah
Tevin Coleman
Jay Ajayi
Duke Johnson
TJ Yeldon
David Cobb
Javorius Allen
David Johnson
Jeremy Langford

Wide Receiver

Kevin White
Amari Cooper
Dorial Green-Beckham
Jaelen Strong
Sammie Coates
Davante Parker
Phillip Dorsett
Nelson Agholor
Tyler Lockett
Breshard Perriman
Devin Funchess
Devin Smith
Chris Conley
Rashad Greene
Jamison Crowder
Tony Lippett
Darren Waller
Stefon Diggs
Justin Hardy
Tre McBride
DeAndre Smelter
Ty Montgomery

Tight End

Maxx Williams
Clive Walford
Tyler Kroft
Rory Anderson
Jeff Heuerman
Jesse James

Offensive Tackle

Brandon Schreff
La'El Collins
T.J. Clemmings
D.J Humphries
Jake Fisher
Andrus Peat
Ereck Flowers
Rob Havenstein
Cedric Ogbuehi
Josue Matias
Ty Sambrailo
Donovan Smith
Jeremiah Poutasi
Chaz Green

Offensive Guard

A.J. Cann
Laken Tomlinson
Tre Jackson
Arie Kouandjio
Ali Marpet
John Miller
Daryl Williams
Terry Poole

Offensive Center

Cameron Fleming
Reese Dismukes
Hroniss Grasu
B.J. Finney
Max Garcia

Defensive End

Leonard Williams
Dante Fowler Jr.
Vic Beasley
Randy Gregory
Bud Dupree
Owamagbe Odighizuwa
Nate Orchard
Preston Smith
Trey Flowers
Danielle Hunter
Marcus Hardison
Lorenzo Mauldin
Za'Darius Smith

Defensive Tackle

Danny Shelton
Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Jordan Phillips
Arik Armstead
Carl Davis
Michael Bennett
Grady Jarrett
Henry Anderson
Xavier Cooper
Mario Edwards Jr.
Gabe Wright

Outside Linebacker

Shane Ray
Eli Harold
Hau'oli Kikaha
Markus Golden
Max Valles
Davis Tull
Kwon Alexander

Inside Linebacker

Stephone Anthony
Shaq Thompson
Eric Kendricks
Denzel Perryman
Paul Dawson
Benardrick McKinney
Ramik Wilson

Cornerback

Trae Waynes
Marcus Peters
Kevin Johnson
Jalen Collins
P.J. Williams
Ronald Darby
Eric Rowe
Quinten Rollins
Byron Jones
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
Doran Grant
Alex Carter
D'Joun Smith
Josh Shaw
Steven Nelson

Safeties
Landon Collins
Anthony Harris
Damarious Randall
Gerod Holliman
Jaquiski Tartt
Cody Prewitt
Kurtis Drummond
Adrian Amos
Derron Smith
Imoan Claiborne

up to date with pick 135.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Holy poo poo, we got through round 4. Congratulations to us.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Three picks in one day was probably asking too much.

:rip: Goon Draft 2015

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Is it weird that I got exited about a fifth round pick in a mock draft?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
just got lebeau's project edge rusher

also jags are up

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Wow, flurry of activity this weekend. On to the 5th I guess!

Warcrimes, you're up buddy.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Forever_Peace posted:

Crazy draft steal. That may be the best value pick.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The 32nd pick in the fifth round now belongs to the Lions.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

Goddammit, FP, you took my pick. Wow. I have a back up but am not at home atm, whoever is after me, get ready, ill have it up in an hour.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Man, I was really hoping Trail would fall to me back into the 5th. I know he has some pretty big questions about his speed and where he plays in the pros, but there's upside there.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
How the hell have none of you 4-3 team drafters not taken Mike Hull yet

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Oh my god, mods please change my name to "scurrilous hippie".

TIA.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Like all my stashes just went off the board in a row. I might be a bit if B4tBG is real quick. Finding 2 people is going to be rough when I dont know poo poo about the draft

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Man, I was really hoping Trail would fall to me back into the 5th. I know he has some pretty big questions about his speed and where he plays in the pros, but there's upside there.

he just seems like a perfect project for lebeau sorry for taking your pick

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
At this stage I just look at my big board and pick up the highest position of need. This time it worked out really well because Mike Davis was both a position of need (with Helu gone we need a pass catching RB for 3rd down work) and the highest guy on my draft board.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Since it's gonna be a while until my next pick (if ever), I'm just going to put this here to make for easier bragging in the future.

JAX team needs going into the draft: DE, OLB, RB, OL, FS, ILB, probably in that order.

Picks:
1.3 Dante Fowler Jr, DE (3)
2.4 D.J. Humphries, OT (36)
3.3 Tevin Coleman, RB (67)
4.4 Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB (103)
5.3 James Sample, SS (139)

Addressed the top 4 needs and I felt pretty good about value. Starting to hate the Fowler pick but what can you do. Needed a FS but Sample was impossible to pass up in the 5th so I fudged a little. Still need a Guard and an ILB.

NE team needs going into the draft: DT, CB, WR, DE, OL, ILB, RB, OLB, S.

sean10mm had taken:
1.32 Sammie Coates, WR
2.32 Ameer Abdullah, RB
3.32 Jamison Crowder, WR
3.33 Daryl Williams, OG

That leaves defense for when I took over:
4.2 Mario Edwards Jr., DL (101)
4.32 Kwon Alexander, OLB (131)

Still need a CB but there should be some late round guys with a bit of promise. Kwon was not a particularly high priority position, but I felt that he was the BPA so why not.

My gut tells me this was right around a B/B+ draft. I think I nabbed some good value (rounds 2-4 for JAX feel pretty good), but Fowler has the potential to be an expensive bust at #3 overall, and I'm not that convinced on Mario either. Sample could end up being one of the steals of the draft, but he could also be a wash, because honestly he's just not that athletic, and didn't fill a position of need for JAX so a lucky breakout wouldn't even provide that much marginal utility (I did, however, swoop in over Warcrimes, so there's always that).

Here's hoping I look like a genius later though!

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I had a few different ways I thought about going here, but I think continuing to address the secondary would pay off more than any other position right now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I had an abysmal draft but I didnt put very much effort into it, and I had quite a few guys sniped last second from me, so alas.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this stage I just look at my big board and pick up the highest position of need. This time it worked out really well because Mike Davis was both a position of need (with Helu gone we need a pass catching RB for 3rd down work) and the highest guy on my draft board.

You stole my RB :colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I had an abysmal draft but I didnt put very much effort into it, and I had quite a few guys sniped last second from me, so alas.

Yeah, this is pretty much me. Some of you nerds have lists and rankings and poo poo and are ready like 10 picks in advance. I go "Oh poo poo, it's my turn" and spend all of 3 minutes researching before picking a guy. I would make an excellent GM irl

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shath Hole posted:

Yeah, this is pretty much me. Some of you nerds have lists and rankings and poo poo and are ready like 10 picks in advance. I go "Oh poo poo, it's my turn" and spend all of 3 minutes researching before picking a guy. I would make an excellent GM irl

In my case I had no loving clue what I was doing so I treated it like it was a fantasy football draft. Grabbed every ranking I could find, aggregated the results, and started drafting by need. On the plus side it's made me learn a lot more about potential picks which is cool. As for my team (depth charts found here):

Pre-FA 2015 Depth Chart

Free Agency Moves: Chris Culliver (CB), Stephen Paea (DT), Terrance Knighton (DT), Jeron Johnson (S), Michael Hill (RB), Justin Rogers (CB), Colt McCoy (LOL)

WAS Team Needs: Secondary, Offensive Line, Pass Rush, RB Depth, Owner

1.5: Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson
2.6: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
3.5: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
4.5: D'Joun Smith, CB, FAU
5.5: Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina

Overall I'm fairly pleased with this. One of the nice things about having a team that's in such disarray is that I can really focus on value and still address needs. Cornerback is incredibly deep this year and while Chris Culliver addresses some need DeAngelo Hall isn't getting any younger. D'Joun Smith might also be a good fit at safety. Ogbuehi should help with the offensive line and I like him as a third rounder, and Mike Davis will hopefully fill the void that Roy Helu left. In retrospect I could probably have dropped one of the CBs for an offensive linemen, but drafts are such a crap shoot that it probably doesn't matter. Hopefully the defensive improvements will at least make us competitive.

Coldforge posted:

You stole my RB :colbert:

Are you expecting to be third and long a lot this year?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Are you expecting to be third and long a lot this year?

He's have been a great complementary RB for Carlos Hyde. Good thing there's around 50 of those left in this draft class; he was just my first choice.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Minus another O-linemen, I'm not really sure what else to draft for Seattle. I'll probably stock up more on defensive linemen or something since that was the biggest change between our record-setting 2013 team and merely good 2014 team since we couldn't do the DL rotation that kept them fresh.

Still though, 3 rounds to go and I have 5 more picks left :eyepop:

• Locked thread