Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

King possesses the power of implied GAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Dude's really built for a 27-year-old otaku

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jintor posted:

Dude's really built for a 27-year-old otaku

Is he? Have we seen what he looks like under his sweater?

He's got a scary face and a heartbeat so strong everybody calls it the King Engine but that's all we've seen so far.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

He actually looks pretty skinny to me. Just tall, is all.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Huh, good point. I guess I was just assuming from his general build.

Anyway I picked up 7 volumes of manga for about 1000 yen. Gods bless book-off.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Is there an actual date for anime?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think all we know is fall season.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Waffleman_ posted:

I think all we know is fall season.

This fall? Awesome! I figured it would be no sooner then 2016.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Is he? Have we seen what he looks like under his sweater?

He's got a scary face and a heartbeat so strong everybody calls it the King Engine but that's all we've seen so far.

Must have a crazy good cardio routine then :v:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
So I found out that Murata submitted some designs for the Mega Man boss contests when he was like 12. He won two of them, and was credited as the designer for Dust Man and Crystal Man.

Dude was an unreal artist even when he was a kid.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Fun fact, Murata is the only person in the world to have two golden cartridges, which were given out to fans whose designs were chosen to be Robot Masters.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In an interview, Murata said he watched the Sistine Chapel painting when he was seven thanks to an out-of-body experience.

Two weeks later, he recreated Starry Night using beans and paint.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Dude I loved Dust Man. That's some crazy blast from the past.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
So when comes the plot twist that Murata went back in time and personally tutored all of the worthwhile artists of today, exempting only ONE because he wanted to draw One-Punch Man himself but wished for his not-pupil to retain creative ownership?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can admire talent without gettin' weird about it, ya know

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

sounds like someone's behind on building their shrine

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jintor posted:

Someone I think earlier in this thread said the thing Tatsumaki and Saitama have in common besides the being drawn half-assedly is that they're both top tier. is Tatsumaki kind of taking everything half-assedly too? That's kind of how it feels

also I might be the only person on the planet who thinks that King does have some kind of crazy power besides luck that activates when he shuts his eyes and screams like a little girl. but maybe not.

That wouldn't be possible anyway because he never backs down. King's aura only works because he's able to choke back his own terror long enough for the enemy to crack first, no matter how hopelessly outmatched he is. Like Unlicensed Rider, that alone makes him one of the most courageous heroes, and is likely part of the reason why Saitama doesn't mind being besties with him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You can also make jokes. Some people do that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

That wouldn't be possible anyway because he never backs down. King's aura only works because he's able to choke back his own terror long enough for the enemy to crack first, no matter how hopelessly outmatched he is. Like Unlicensed Rider, that alone makes him one of the most courageous heroes, and is likely part of the reason why Saitama doesn't mind being besties with him.

I don't think not being friends with Saitama is ever on his side. He doesn't try to actively befriend people, but it's the other people who refuse to associate with him, usually because of pride. When they get over it there's no issue. That seems to be part of the point of this Fubuki arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

You can also make jokes. Some people do that.

Perhaps you should learn how, then. It is a valuable life skill.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Perhaps you should learn how, then. It is a valuable life skill.

Serious Series: Serious Joking.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I haven't read through the comic that recently. Does Saitama know that King isn't super strong or no?

Is that even a thing that happens in this series? I may be misremembering stuff.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 21, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

I haven't read through the comic that recently.

So like, I'm guessing you've read the ONE version, and are just kinda dumping that sort of thing unspoilered because you're a dumbshit even though it could actually not have happened yet in the Murata version, right?

It happened very recently.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Captain Invictus posted:

Around October is recently?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Half a year ago or so. Deal with it, Triad Frog Man, who had a Triad Frog avatar for so long, he became one. :colbert:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

About how far along is Murata's version of events compared with ONE's?

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 21, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

So like, I'm guessing you've read the ONE version, and are just kinda dumping that sort of thing unspoilered because you're a dumbshit even though it could actually not have happened yet in the Murata version, right?

King ran away from G4 way back when and we all learned that he's not super strong back then, how is that a spoiler? I'm asking if it ever got revealed to anyone in comic that he's not as strong as he's been hyped up to be.

I mean, I could've worded it better to say 'or not' or something, but I thought the intention was clear.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

King ran away from G4 way back when and we all learned that he's not super strong back then, how is that a spoiler? I'm asking if it ever got revealed to anyone in comic that he's not as strong as he's been hyped up to be.

I mean, I could've worded it better to say 'or not' or something, but I thought the intention was clear.

I'm guessing you weren't paying attention because Saitama figured it out really quickly during that exact event.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. In every encounter that King "won", even though Saitama showed up, the POV always cuts before it shows Saitama actually punching the monster because King has shut his eyes in terror, and it goes... either silent or yelling, can't tell which. I thought it might be that King has some kind of super-sonic yell that destroys monsters when he's poo poo terrified, but probably not.

Hmm... actually that's not true... I'm pretty sure there's a shot of the Giant Bro that Saitama smacks in the face while King is freaking out, and we know Saitama actually did bring that one down, so I guess it's just one of those things.

*shrugs* oh well, it was a fun theory while it lasted.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Klades posted:

I'm guessing you weren't paying attention because Saitama figured it out really quickly during that exact event.

I already said I couldn't remember if he had or not! v:v:v

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know what this means, right?

It's time to re-binge on One Punch Man.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

It's always time to rebinge on OPM.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Bad Seafood posted:

About how far along is Murata's version of events compared with ONE's?

About halfway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah about halfway. One's version only just finished the super long arc that Murata's version is going to start soon.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Seems like Murata is progressing along quicker than ONE is though, so he'll probably catch up at some point.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Davinci posted:

Seems like Murata is progressing along quicker than ONE is though, so he'll probably catch up at some point.

At that point he'll probably redo the entire series just because of his insane perfectionism.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I eagerly await the several panels and subsequent redraws of the multi-page scene of Saitama picking his nose and stating, "It's a hobby." when someone asks why he's a hero. (not really super spoilerly)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm waiting for him to re-do the chapter that's just Bofoy's robot landing to blow up the meteor because Murata somehow figured out how to make it even better.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I eagerly await the several panels and subsequent redraws of the multi-page scene of Saitama picking his nose and stating, "It's a hobby." when someone asks why he's a hero. (not really super spoilerly)

Here's an idea, how about you just don't post spoilers no matter what? There's an entire thread where you can post this and no one will mind and you dont even has to clarify how spoilery it is. Go there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Davinci posted:

ONE's also dropped off a whole lot since he has a regular serialization to take care of now. Chapters are really infrequent now.