Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OATH COMPLETE :rip:

The Jurnals are July's OSL (on the blades) and December's weathering (on the corroded armor)!

I'm still in the middle of moving, so conventional one with everything is out of my reach - But I have been logging everything I paint (and nothing else) for the last two seasons into this tumblr!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
For my final oath of the season, I'll start with 1 Necron Overlord/Nemesor Zhandrekh:

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick, do oath a Games Workshop Skittari Ranger for the month of April.

Trying to finish up my Alternate Universe oath this month too.... only 30 more miniatures to go!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

nesbit37 posted:

...This also seems really early to be done so can I rematch if possible or something? It doesn't matter that much since this was pretty much just practice for me for the new season I will just start on something else soon anyway before May rolls around

You can add to your oath if you want to. Just make a post with your new figures, a new timestamp and call it an oath addition.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:megaman:FEBJUDGERY:megaman:

1 Point - Signal

Your tiny army is a joy indeed. A really neat and crisp paint scheme across the board, the blue and yellow look great together. The glowing gun of the above tank makes it my favorite, just a little hint of an even more saturated palette. The grey-blues of the more functional and industrial areas serve well to accentuate detail without drawing too much attention. The transition between these colors feels very natural.

2 Points - stabbington

A simple and bold scheme that completely nails it. The matching base and sword are luminous and surreal, complementing the eery alien vibe of the model. The deep red and warm charcoal absolutely ground the scheme, never once seeming monotonous. Sparse bluish grey highlights help bring a bit of focus to important areas and, amazingly, that's pretty much it. Stark and stylish sci-fi.

3 Points - Red Shoe

I think I must be a sucker for gleaming gold and brass, because this chap is very satisfying to behold. It's a sort of interestingly clean look, at least from a distance, particularly considering the white ropes. To me it conjures images of the army ranking up in preparation for a siege rather than the battle itself, before the ornate craftsmanship of the metalwork gets all axes and magic fire on it. Anyways, everything is just working grand with this scheme. The aforementioned gold is splendid, the skin suitably drab and calloused, and the basing brings in a good deal of warmth to remind you that cold grey is a force to be reckoned with.

Bonus Theme Point - Slimnoid

I'm not sure I need to expound upon the gravity of the good thing you have done for humanity here, but I'll just comment that you've done it very well indeed. My current and fourteen-year-old self both applaud you proudly.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for April, Princess Emerald, Royal Warden, Wandering Minstrel and Mistmourn Shaman, all from Super Dungeon Explore, by Soda Pop

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, Oath one Guild Rifleman(32 mm, Wyrd Miniatures)

Hope the pic is alright, I'm going to claim this months jurnal by doing June's "Customize Your Model's Base" and September's "Cut and Swap". So in the pic you can see the rifleman's original head still on the sprue and my new hatless head on the model, as well as his fancy base.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
This is risky when I just picked up Bloodborne but I want to get these done!

Final oath: A Shadow Dragon, Merriod, Avric, Grisban, Leoric, Tarha
All Fantasy Flight

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

I hereby oath: 1 mostly GW terminator mounted on a Papo Pachycephalosaurus model, and an Adams peanut butter lid covered in greenstuff

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

For my jurnals (applying to the overall jurnal, I chose to do customization of my bases - brick roadwork for all my models, appropos for the Malifaux streets, as well as pink on the gentleman with chains' shirt as well as the top hat of one of the other gentlemen. I was going to do the three progress pictures jurnal, but I only took two :saddowns:

And here's a shot with the whole crew box, including Sidir (who I oathed earlier) and both versions of McCabe.

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, forkbanger, have these things on my desk and it's April so I guess I'm painting them.

I should probably plan these things better, to be honest.

They're a counts-as Chiaki, the Neice and 2 Ice Pillar markers. Counts-as Chiaki is Cipher Miniatures 28mm, Ice Pillars are Fenris Games 50mm markers/bases.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: OATH FINISHED :siren:

And what an oath it was... first, the basics:

Big Mek

Mega Nobz

Battle Wagon

Deff Dread (see below for more pics!)

All For One
May 2014 Addition
11 Spanner Boyz, a Scrap Trukk, and an Executioner

June 2014 Addition
An Empire BSB, a Wizard, A Digganob and 5 Grey Knight Terminators

July 2014
10 Diggas, Mad Dok Grotsnik, an Orc Raider, and a swole Digga freak with Jetpack

August 2014
A Predator, Superhero and Stompa

September 2014
20 Grave Guard and a Wight King

October 2014
Martial Artist Diorama and a Modern Adventurer

November 2014
40 Dwarf Berserkers

December 2014
An Ork Assassin and a Statue

January 2015
A Morkanaut (and probably still my fave mini this season)

February 2015
An anime Tank plus 5 anime mans

March 2015 Addition
8 Objectives plus a fightman and a holy fightman

April 2015
Big Mek, 5 Meganobz, Battlewagon and a Deff Dread

:siren: BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE :siren:
So given it's the last oath of the season, and the Jurnal is to do multiple past Jurnals, I thought I'd try something a bit special this time. So, I present 'Mr Try Hard' the Deff Dread:

Jurnal 1: 3+ WIP Pictures - I put together a Gallery for these, but some choice pics follow below.
Jurnal 2: Customized Base - Should be fairly clear from the pics, but I cut up a GW Barrel and some plasticard for the base and added some PVA Nooclear Ooze.
Jurnal 3: OSL - It doesn't show up too well in most of the pics except the fourth Dredd one above, but he's lit up by the Ooze (and the Grot by the lights behind him).
Jurnal 4: NMM - The barrel on the base is painted using the same cartoony NMM used for my anime tank a few months back.
Jurnal 5: Conversion - Again should be obvious, but the faceplate is from a Morkanaut, the top right arm uses a Dreadknight hand holding a Big Shoota, and the Grot has a kickin rad Mohawk. They normally look like this.
Jurnal 6: Breast Cancer Awareness - The Grot's Mohawk is pink!
Jurnal 7: Make it Hairy - Again with the Mohawk!
Jurnal 8: Weathering - The Dread has mucky feet, plus some prety knackered paintwork on the business end of the buzzsaws and claw. Shows up better on some of the WIP pics in the gallery.
Jurnal 9: Freehand - The Vault Hunter logo on the base is freehand, as is the shading on the Claptrap plate.
Jurnal 10: No 4th wall here! - This Dread appears to have taken a wrong turn somewhere in the warp and wound up on Pandora! The base is an attempt at Borderlands style cell shading, and he's stood on a bit of Claptrap.
Jurnal 11: Battle Damage - There are assorted bullet holes and dings on both the Dread and his base. They show up better on the base though.

Those WIP Pics:

Overall I want to say it's been a blast joining in with the Oathing this year, got a lot of stuff done and tried out some new techniques to boot. Many thanks to the organisers and judges. I look forward to joining in again next season!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

Here are the Arbites I oathed this month:

They are a themed group but there's no jurnal action going on here, just painted mans.

Germ
May 7, 2013

:captainpop:FEBRUARY JUDGEMENT!!!:captainpop:

Journal Bonus (1 point) – Schemtterling. Ayup. That’ll do. poo poo like this doesn’t deserve to go unrewarded. I would have liked it a bit more if Ironman didn’t have a laser gun (and fit in with the fantasy adventure party theme a bit better), but this does it for me. Given that PCs are basically superheroes in their own worlds, this will do just fine! Great work on a colorful, characterful group!

Third Place (1 point) - Slimnoid. Beautiful terminators .. blah blah blah … Great shading … blah blah blah. Incredible freehand in the books… blah blah blah… CROW? TOM SERVO? GYPSY? Well converted, well painted, and with every intention of being used as servo skulls in 40k? TOM servo skulls? Have a point, you glorious bastard!

Second Place (2 Points) - Deanut Pancer. Part of me, the part that plays games with tiny spacemen, wanted to give this model negative points. Mostly because I realize it’s going to likely be used as a Thunderfire cannon in 40k, and I hate those nasty little things dropping cover-ignoring ordinance on my otherwise blissfully shrouded Nurgle daemons. Who never hurt anyone. ANYONE. The other part of me recognizes that a clean, well-executed scheme like this is not something that’s easy to pull off. Great colors. Consistent shading. Smooth blue. Subtle yet clear highlights. The battle damage and paint chips are a bonus. Well done!

First Place (3 Points) – Laika the Space Dog … Well, I… drat. Time and time again, when it comes time to pump out these oaths, you deliver with something original, interesting, unexpected, and well-painted. Full of character, full of fun. Full of eyeballs and full of LSD-drenched madness. Love it.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: 5 Super Dungeon Explore models from Soda Pop Miniatures

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Alright, let's start getting caught up on this.

:siren: January Monthly Prizes! :siren:

January Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d33 10
This goes to Zark the Damned!
Contact Dagon for details on how to claim this prize.

January Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d33 13
This would go to Raphus C, but he already won it in a past month.

January Oath Thread, Dragon Forge, attempt 2 1d33 9
This goes to SRM!
Contact Krushgroove at krushgroove169@gmail.com with 'oath prize for Dragon Forge'for prize details.

January Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d33 1
This goes to Red Shoe!
Contact Krushgroove at krushgroove169@gmail.com with 'oath prize for Springer-Pinsel'for prize details.

January Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d33 4
This goes to Lovestick!
Contact Krushgroove at krushgroove169@gmail.com with 'oath prize for Troll Trader'for prize details.

January Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d33 27
And it goes to Laikathespacedog!
Please see the next post for instructions on how to claim this!

Congrats to all winners!

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 20, 2015

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: :siren: Grab Bag Winners! :siren: :siren:

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot.
If you live in Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot.
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

Krushgroove's Prize Pot
Please contact Krushgroove! Here is his prize pool:
https://plus.google.com/photos/1017...CObR282Px8L_wQE

Iris of Ether's Prize Pot

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/118371598943498703849/albums/6062125106046823217?authkey=CNaG7-Drk5qKBg

Thanks again to everyone who donated! If you're drawing from Iris's pot you should pick both a 'small' prize and a 'big' prize! In general, that means one prize equal to a GW box set and one prize equal to 1-3 solo minis. 'Gimme a big hit from the box of Bones' counts as a valid choice, by the way. There's so much loot that there's still gonna be a huge end-of-year prize left over from this, even with being this generous.

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 20, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
woohoo!

Iris of Ether posted:

Krushgroove's Prize Pot

The link is in the OP (and I'll be updating the photo album tonight!) https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6101553472560459121?authkey=CObR282Px8L_wQE

I'll be getting to the various Oaths today!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

krushgroove posted:

woohoo!

The link is in the OP (and I'll be updating the photo album tonight!) https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6101553472560459121?authkey=CObR282Px8L_wQE

I'll be getting to the various Oaths today!

Did you ever get around to sending anything out? I never received anything and I forgot about it until now. Just want to make sure the Postie hasn't eaten anything.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Did anyone ever get anything from Dragon Forge? I've won their bases in two seasons and never saw anything. :(

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Grey Hunter posted:

Did you ever get around to sending anything out? I never received anything and I forgot about it until now. Just want to make sure the Postie hasn't eaten anything.

Same here, I won some pigments a while back and the mail isn't too good here.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

moths posted:

Did anyone ever get anything from Dragon Forge? I've won their bases in two seasons and never saw anything. :(

I won some bases like 6 months ago and have not gotten anything... I don't think Dragon Force really cares about sending stuff out for this. I know having sponsors is nice, but if they are not actually going to send the stuff out then we should not be giving them free advertising.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Whoops, Krushgroove wanted me to include some specific instructions on how to mail him for prize claiming, so I've updated that in my posts. It'll carry through to the remaining months.

Also, here is the big list of winners so far for this season for whom I'm uncertain of whether you received your prize. Let me know if you have/haven't!

Springer-Pinsel Set:
Mt. ORourke
Phoon
Signal
Galaspar
muskets
jodai
Pyrolocutus
moths
Red Shoe

$10 OpenBookShelf
Hadrian
NTRabbit
Zark the Damned

Troll Trader
WhiteOutMouse
counterspin
Raphus C
Sistergodiva
Dagon
Dr. Gargunza
MasterSlowPoke
Indolent Bastard
Lovestick

Dragon Forge
moths
Derlix
YF19pilot
Pash
drgnvale
Raphus C
HiveCommander
Signal
SRM

Grab Bag
koreban*
Grey Hunter
Haydrian*
Zark the Damned
Dagon*
drgnvale*
Laikathespacedog

*I shipped this and (I believe) it was marked as 'arrived as destination', but I never received word back from the winner that it didn't, say, 'fall off the truck'. :v:

Quarterly Winners

Badger Airbrush 1 Minitaire starter set
LaikaTheSpaceDog
Conan the Librarian

Games and Gears Ichiban Studios Pro-Line Brushes
LazyAngel
YF19Pilot

Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set
rzal

2 Wilder Gunpowder line weathering pigments (airbrushes.com)
MasterSlowPoke
drgnvale

Special Prizes

Two Feet from Bread's $25 of Warhamms (special)
Counterspin

NTRabbit's "2015" Prize
There will be 3 winners here, but I wasn't specifically tracking the entrants (as I figured it was your contest). :v: If you need help getting that pool going, let me know.

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 20, 2015

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Iris of Ether posted:

Troll Trader
WhiteOutMouse

I believe mine will be shipped at the end in one big batch of many winners.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Iris of Ether posted:

$10 OpenBookShelf
Hadrian
NTRabbit
Zark the Damned

Received!

Iris of Ether posted:

NTRabbit's "2015" Prize
There will be 3 winners here, but I wasn't specifically tracking the entrants (as I figured it was your contest). :v: If you need help getting that pool going, let me know.

I didn't realise I was going to have to do that myself, but ok, I'll find out who was eligible and do the dice roll thing if there are no objections

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Ya as I said, nothing from Dragon Forge has made it to me.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah, I've not received the pigments nor the troll trader thing (but I think that's at the end of the season as WOM said). No hurry, the thread's about painting, not prizes.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Iris of Ether posted:

Whoops, Krushgroove wanted me to include some specific instructions on how to mail him for prize claiming, so I've updated that in my posts. It'll carry through to the remaining months.

Also, here is the big list of winners so far for this season for whom I'm uncertain of whether you received your prize. Let me know if you have/haven't!

Troll Trader
WhiteOutMouse
counterspin
Raphus C
Sistergodiva
Dagon
Dr. Gargunza
MasterSlowPoke
Indolent Bastard
Lovestick

I messaged Krushgroove and told him to hold off on shipping until the end of the season to save on shipping just in case I win anything else.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I have not received the Troll Trader stuff.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Iris of Ether posted:

Troll Trader
WhiteOutMouse
counterspin
Raphus C
Sistergodiva
Dagon
Dr. Gargunza
MasterSlowPoke
Indolent Bastard
Lovestick

Have not received.

Iris of Ether posted:

Grab Bag
koreban*
Grey Hunter
Haydrian*
Zark the Damned
Dagon*
drgnvale*
Laikathespacedog

Have received!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Iris of Ether posted:

Games and Gears Ichiban Studios Pro-Line Brushes
LazyAngel
YF19Pilot

Nothing yet

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I haven't received the brushes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ok, there were 6 entrants to my January special competition, so it's a simple d6-off, numbers assigned in the order I opened them from the spreadsheet

1: Zark the Damned
2: Galaspar
3: Indolent Bastard
4: Vermintide
5: Signal
6: Deanut Pancer

Rolling the dice until I get 3 winners, first number up gets first choice, etc

January 2015 special prize, first winner 1d6: 1 http://orokos.com/roll/277299
Congratulations Zark the Damned!
Contact me with your choice of prize from the three on offer, and a place to send it to

January 2015 special prize, second winner 1d6: 3 http://orokos.com/roll/277301
Congratulations Indolent Bastard!
Contact me with your first and second preference of prize, and a place to send it to

January 2015 special prize, third winner 1d6: 3 http://orokos.com/roll/277303
but Indolent bastard can't win twice, rolling again 1d6: 5 http://orokos.com/roll/277304
Congratulations Signal! Contact me with a place to send it to, and you'll get the prize not chosen

If you can't send a pm, then my username at gmail dot com is the email address to use

6 entrants, 3 prizes, and I managed to give away two of them to the three certain grand prize winners in the draw, including Zark "I've already won everything else" the Damned :ohdear: Thanks all of you for entering and humouring me though!

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 20, 2015

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Hey, I haven't got the Springer-Pinsel brushes. Also, my address has changed since I contacted krushgroove so I'm actually hoping it hasn't been shipped.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

6 entrants, 3 prizes, and I managed to give away two of them to the three certain grand prize winners in the draw, including Zark "I've already won everything else" the Damned :ohdear: Thanks all of you for entering and humouring me though!

Think I'l have to adopt that as a new name ;)

For reference, http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=52#post439897696

It's a tough choice, but I'll go with the Glaug Battlepod, gotta gets me some sweet Marauder Macross action :D - Will PM you in a bit (also Dagon for the $10 voucher thing).

Re my grab bag from earlier in the year, not arrived yet but I guess Krush is gonna ship everything in one go at the end of the season. No rush though.

Talking of the EU/UK Grab Bag, I guess Krush hasn't had the chance to add my donations to the main gallery yet, so here they are: http://imgur.com/a/VGpre - hope this is OK! (also sorry for leaving it so late in the season, I kept forgetting to add this :smith:). Any EU/UK Goons want any of this stuff gimme a shout and I'll get you sorted.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, I sent Kush a ton of stuff earlier for prizes, including the GW Imp. Guard limited Preatorians - mostly unpainted at all !
Dunno if he's adding those to this grab-bag, or the next one ?

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug
:ducksiren: February judgment! :ducksiren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Slimnoid

Excellent work as always. Great bases throughout the oathed models for the month. Loved the MST models. I especially like the work on the tome pictured above. Great color choices, detailed and bold, the freehand really sticks out.

Second Place, 2 Points: Red Shoe

Great snow bases on the Blightblades and Zuriel, cool fall base on the Moonhound, nice grass. Excellent shading on Zuriel's skin/wings, as well as on the skin of the Blightblades. The bronze looks pretty sweet on the Mammoth as well. Cool stuff all around.

First Place, 3 Points: Ledgem

Awesome looking model this month. Love the choice of purple in the piece. Great textures all around, very nice work on the details of the smaller snakes, very clean. I love the texture on the rim of the base, very original. Very cool all around.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Deanut Pancer

Great details on this, it fits the overall model very well, doesn't look out of place.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, make a final oath for the 14/15 Season to paint

1 Helfather mercenary for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Such a busy month

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

NTRabbit posted:

Ok, there were 6 entrants to my January special competition, so it's a simple d6-off, numbers assigned in the order I opened them from the spreadsheet

1: Zark the Damned
2: Galaspar
3: Indolent Bastard
4: Vermintide
5: Signal
6: Deanut Pancer

Rolling the dice until I get 3 winners, first number up gets first choice, etc

January 2015 special prize, first winner 1d6: 1 http://orokos.com/roll/277299
Congratulations Zark the Damned!
Contact me with your choice of prize from the three on offer, and a place to send it to

January 2015 special prize, second winner 1d6: 3 http://orokos.com/roll/277301
Congratulations Indolent Bastard!
Contact me with your first and second preference of prize, and a place to send it to

January 2015 special prize, third winner 1d6: 3 http://orokos.com/roll/277303
but Indolent bastard can't win twice, rolling again 1d6: 5 http://orokos.com/roll/277304
Congratulations Signal! Contact me with a place to send it to, and you'll get the prize not chosen

If you can't send a pm, then my username at gmail dot com is the email address to use

Hard plastic sci fi zombie sprue please.

Contact details in PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Ooh! Looks like I'm pulling from Iris's grab bag. I don't have a platinum account, so... I guess I'll post what I want here? I'd like to claim the Bones Cthulhu as the "big" prize, and those Kara Black figures as the "small" prize.

Also: Yes, I did receive my Minitaire starter set! They're very nice.

How shall I get you my shipping address?

Thanks for everything!

• Locked thread